Old 06-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Look at my ticker - it MOVED! And… I am halfway to my goal!!!

I lost 1kg this week and am 87.4kg this morning - very happy with that. Gen thank you for the info you gave me which motivated Ani's Winter Plateau-buster - it's working

So - moving right along. This week's goals are very similar to last weeks. I will plan my meals, write down what I eat (and stick to 1650 cals/day), walk for an hour/be active in other ways for 1/2 an hour, and drink plenty of water.

I am going to try to make it to 87kg next Monday. Just being able to lose something each week after a long plateau will be a relief.

It's a Public Holiday here in WA today, but I have to work for most of it. I still plan to walk for an hour before I start.

How did everyone else go?

Ani
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:08 PM   #92  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Way to go Ani. I think I am excited for you as if it were me. You have tried so hard and waited so long stuck in this plataeu you deserve a reward. A lovely pedicure perhaps?

I've lost none but gained none either, so I count that as ablessing in disguise. Will just have to start EXERCISING . I don't think my body really knows what that is lately.

Ok for movement so far today I have done a huge load of dishes (dinners from last night (lazy me) and brekky). Prob about 20 minutes. sorted out the washing 10 minutes, hung one small load 5 minutes, made a couple of beds 15minutes. I am going to try and get out for a walk today. Maybe even when I go to town I will take old pram and push bub along river path for half an hour. Will be going to woolies later on so add about half hour for that. I love shopping but HATE grocery shopping. It's so depressing, hundreds of dollars for only a dozen bags. If we didn't have to eat we'd be rich.

Will let you know if I manage to do it or slack off. Not much motivation today.

MaryL I always thought you had a huge family. I like the idea of the name thing, AND having parents names. That way you can honestly decline ownership if they misbehave lol. Naahhh It's all good. Love my lot but yep can be a handful. I understand the sucker bit though. My eldest gave me a really hard time for years (name calling, emotional abuse etc...) but I STILL do things for her. Only thing is now if she starts on me I will stand my ground and say no a bit more often. She's finally starting to learn to be treated with respect and love you need to appreciate it and not take advantage. She has a lovely boyfriend whom she lives with and he treats her like a princess, but at the same time stands his ground with her too. She didn't like it at first but as accepted the world is NOT hers for the taking and we are not put here to be at her beck and call.

Gotta fly. Have another load to hang (big load - 10 minutes)

Vonni
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Congrats Ani!! I'm so pleased for you, how lovely to see movement!

I, on the other hand, had movement in the other direction! I gained 700g. Probably because I didn't exercise as much as I planned to, so my calorie allowance was a bit too generous for the activity I ended up doing. Ah well, I'm not too discouraged, I'll recalculate this week!
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #94  

Gen don't get discouraged - the body is a strange vessel sometimes. Are you putting too much emphasis on exercise and its role in calorie burning? And are you relying on Calorie King to calculate that? I've found that Calorie King (as useful as it is) overestimates most exercise calories.

The other thing I have discovered (through much trial and error) is this. I'm not sure how well I can explain this, so bear with me here. Let's say you walk for an hour - according to my calculations that means I will burn 310 calories. Now that's all good, but you have to bear in mind that you would have burned about 100 of those calories if you were laying on the lounge watching TV. So I think it's better to be a little conservative in your calculations - especially when you consider that weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise.

I know you have a lot more knowledge than me about all this stuff, and I don't want to sound like I'm giving you a lecture… I just want you to succeed with your goals. And I know you will

Vonni - thank you for the encouragement. I'm really pleased to see some movement too, and I'm hoping I can keep it up.

I think that being able to maintain your weight is often as big a 'win' as not gaining any. We have to learn to maintain throughout the journey to our goals. And given how much running around you do at home, I'm surprised you don't burn a zillion calories - even if you do eat TimTams and cheezels
Old 06-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #95  
Am I a senior too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthChick View Post
I'm surprised you don't burn a zillion calories - even if you do eat TimTams and cheezels
HEY ANI

Old 06-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #96  

You're a bloody ratbag Vonni

Now instead of expending 50 calories trying to find cheeky emoticons to shower me with love and affection, go and run around the block!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 05:06 AM   #97  

Haha love the icon. Ani, I have a HR monitor, which I use to measure my calorie burn. I do however find that I can't not exercise - I'm just not disciplined enough with food if I don't exercise, so I need the exercise to be able to eat what I want to!!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #98  

I'm the same Gen - have to exercise or I lose my focus. I wasn't suggesting you don't exercise… just thinking out loud about how the best calculations in the world can overestimate calories burned.

I decided to have a rest day today. Aside from the fact I've been having really hideous cramps all day, I looked back over my little chart and realised I haven't had a 'rest day' for more than two weeks.

So today was it! Back on plan tomorrow though.

Ani
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #99  
Am I a senior too?

Slacked off. Didn't go for a walk, bub was being a cranky little cow. But did more washing and wandered around the yard for a while and thoroughly vacuumed house.

Today so far have done dishes, cleaned one bathroom, cleaned babies room and made my bed. (oh and made an orange and pppy seed cake) about an hour all up. Does the time spent making the cake deduct the calories of eating a piece? Hmmmm???
Old 06-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #100  

I'd say definitely yes, Vonni!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #101  

Vonni you crack me up. I hope you took the time to make yourself a lovely cuppa, put your feet up, and savour that piece of cake - and not hide behind the fridge scoffing it

I appear to have picked up a little winter bug. Not quite the flu - a little more than a cold… and I don't have the energy to exercise today. But it's all good!

Ani
Old 06-05-2007, 12:16 AM   #102  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

ani - yippee for half way there! how long has it taken??

everyone has so many children, the his and mine and ours thing is so Brady Bunch, must be complicated and exhausting sometimes.... i kinda have that with my dogs, i brought the mum and dad with me from my old marriage and then they had puppies and my new hubby had never had any pets so we kept a pup and that is "his" dog (especially when itused to piss in the house) and the other 2 are "my" dogs (and my dogs dont eat the crap he feeds his dog)

yep i know i should wait longer til getting pregnant, and fully breastfeeding should take care of that, we will just wait and see what happens

did someone say BB evicition??? am totally sucked in to BB this year, the last 2 years me and hubby did not have a telly so didnt watch it so i think that is why we (ok me but i dont want to be BB loser by myself) are so into this year... I - like the rest of oz - want Travis to win at the moment, he is so doey it is so so funny, he is clueless it is so cute, love the rocks he brings in to nominate...... want rebecca out and wanted nick in the house he was funny

i been doing the exercise thing, walk around the lake yesterday and 17 mins on the cross trainer, today depending on when jemima wakes up i will take the dogs for a walk... 4pm worst tv timeslot ever usually gets me out of the house

i think maintaining is a big thing, and should be learnt along the weightloss journey, i have lost weight on many occasions but never maintained it... you wait i have a zillion excuses as to why i put it back on (pregnancy has been best excuse yet but wont be able to use it again....) so staying the same has not been as disheartening as it could have been lately, especially as i am aiming to lose so little at a time..... i so so wish i had scales that told me if i lost 400grams, mine just jump up in 500gram blocks so a little depressing if i dont loose enough for it it jump whereas i would maybe like the motivation of seeing at least SOME loss.....

what kind of diet is everyone on? i am pretending to do weightwatchers.... not counting the points and the last couple of weeks writing down what i eat, this week havent done either.... bit of a joke when you are breastfeeding if you ask me.... breastfeeding points would allow for a freakin big mac everyday! whereas normal points would let you dream about a happy meal... so how can you lose weight with so many points as i am yet to see the direct weightloss benefits of breastfeeding

vonni did you breastfeed your baby? i had/have heaps of issues with the mental recovery from my c-section and now with this weight that i gained when i was pregnant have only just convinced myself to enjoy the now while losing the weight rather than mentally putting everything aside til i lose the weight..... especially as i have figured out it will be end of january when i reach first goal IF i lose 500grams a week so that wouldmean i would miss out on jemima's first year, apparently the most precious.... i have had a lot of problems finding my feet as a stay at home mum, actually more problems becoming a housewife... i suck at housework.... but perhaps thinking of it as exercise will help that? tomorrow is going to be housework day.... bring on the mop and jif

this carrot dude just looks so funny i had to use him....

fake weighin day yesterday morning was as i expected, i put on 500grams so i tried again this morning and am back to what i was last thursday, so hopefully this thursday i will be still on track and lost 500grams - then i will have a whole dancing carrot party as i will be the lowest weight since jemima born (not sure if i have hit 91.5kg in the last 4 months but pretty sure i havent hit 91kg)

happy tuesday
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:40 AM   #103  

Kel, I think I'd have the same problems. I am 32 and single, no kids and no pets. I have been single for 4 years since I broke up with a serious bf, and I still can't imagine another relationship! Ooops can you say "scarred for life"? Hahaa.

I am starting to get clucky around babies (the biological clock rumour is true!), but I can't imagine being a housewife or mother, really! There are lots of ladies here with stacks of kids, I am in awe of what they get through in a day - I have enough trouble looking after myself!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #104  
Am I a senior too?

Thanks Gen and Ani for the words of eat cake. lol. I DID eat cake and I DID put my feet up with a cuppa It actually isnt too bad fat wise. I might sit down later and work out exactly the KJ content. But the whole cake only has 125gm butter 1/4 cup sugar. I use lite milk and also light cream cheese for the frosting. Hmmm can I say I used lite butter? Naaa! I's end up like pinocchio

And Ani, I used to be a mad midnight sit behind the fridge door scoffer of anything and everything. I used to get up and have a biscuit (or 2) and milk, or a handful of chippies, or a row of chocolate if it was there. I stopped it, but lately have been grabbing a handful of nuts in the middle of night to stave off the grumbling gremlins in my tummy. I know I should stop feeding the buggers. Or they'll grow and multiply!

Kel I breastfed my eldest for 6 weeks, got mastitis and was toooo painful so stopped. My next for 6 mths my next for 13 mths (little bugga wouldnt get off) and this bubba for about 2 mths. Tried and tried this time, but was torn and bleeding and in agony. Her feeds would last 2 hours. Also my milk had no nutrition in it, she wasn't putting on any weight and the Drs were getting concerned so we comped her with bottle for a few weeks and was on the full bottle by 3 mths. It was devastating and I think I cried every time I fed her for a whole week. I refused to let anyone else give her a bottle (even her daddy) and was quite aggressive about it too. BUT in saying that, if I had to do it all over again I would not hesitate to go the bottle if necessary. And not feel guilty about it.

About the weight thing????? I think it's crap that breastfeeding helps you regain your pre baby body. Maybe helps your uterus yes, but as for the rest.... no! Just sensible eating and if you do eat extra make sure it is nutritious for you and bub. You only need an extra 8oocal while feeding so I have been told by a zillion nurses and drs and dieticians. So don't make the mistake of thinking you have to eat heaps. You can get that by snacking on fruit and nuts through the day. Perhaps graze on them while feeding.

Ani I hope you get better. Nothing worse than being sick, but not quite sick enough to stay in bed. I eat heaps when I have a cold. Hope yr not the same. lol.

Put yr feet up, rug up in front of the tele for a day. You deserve it. You are so disiplined in yr work and walks that it's not going to kill you to take a day off and have some ME time. Have a nice cup of chicken soup lol. (hmm) or maybe a nice hot milo?? lite milk of cause!

Vonni
Old 06-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #105  

PS: Vonni, I wish I could maintain when I don't exercise! If I don't exercise 5x week, my arse grows, without fail!