Old 05-24-2007, 05:50 PM   #31  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Congrats Renny Sue. Thats right a loss is a loss!
I lost it at work last night. For a start I had worry bout our bub, then I needed someone to go to back office to check on a product for customer and the aparrel manager was on break so I called a 17 year old trainee manager. She upped me said "why should I do it, I'm busy?" really nasty in front of a customer. She was taking a while so I asked a girl to go down and let me know whats going on so THEN the 17yr old rang me from another office to continue abusing me saying "Don't u think I can do it? huh? huh?" like shaping up to me on the phone. Then she came back down wIth only HALF the info i needed glaring at me so I let her have it. She told me she was busy and didn't have time to do that meanial task. I told her "Love yr 17 you are a TRAINEE you have no OFFICIAL AUTHORITY. You are LEARNING. What you need to learn is ulitmately we are all here for the same thing - CUSTOMER SERVICE."

Well, after she stormed off the customer said she was a rude girl. Then my superviser came in to me and I just burst into tears. OMG how embarrassing! She saw me leave to go upstairs and compose myself but now I suppose now the girl thinks haha. I think that incident was just the last straw. I( tend to lose it when I get angry, but I CRY when I get really mad. Strange hey? But
Anyhow u guys don't need to hear any more of my sooking.
Where is Lindor?????
VONNI
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Urgh Vonni - upstarts! I think we have all bumped into one or two of those in our time.

I was in Target a few weeks ago, and the woman at the checkout was being really ripped to shreds (in front of me) by her supervisor - and it was over something really petty. I could see she was close to tears, and I couldn't help myself - I jumped in to defend her. I can't stand officious people!

I've written down my weight loss goals for today and stuck them up on the fridge. Gen's info got me thinking, and I realise there are a couple of key things I need to change - so I'm going to aim to eat 1600 calories a day, walk for an hour, and plan for an extra hour of 'being active' every day.

The other thing I'm going to change is that I'm going to plan my day's meals every morning. Living on my own I am pretty slack about that, but have come to realise it isn't the wisest way to manage a weight loss program. So from today I will plan my eating every morning.

What's everyone got planned for the weekend? My beloved footy team, the Frematle Dockers are playing St Kilda tonight - so I'll be glued to that (and braced for yet another thrashing), and aside from that I want to give my house and garden a good clean and tidy.

It's only three days until weigh-in and I have no clue about whether I'll lose anything this week or not. It would be nice to beat last week's MASSIVE 0.1kg - but given this bloody plateau I seem to be stuck on, I'm not optimistic.

Ani
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:24 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Bugger, wrote a big reply and lost it. Took progress pics this morning at training, after 14 weeks of training. Have lost 7-8kg in that time, but gained muscle tone and lost lots of cms.

Before (me in middle): http://galleries.joesdiner.com/gen/a...7_Group?full=1
After (2nd from left): http://galleries.joesdiner.com/gen/a...5/DSC01944.jpg
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:05 AM   #34  

WOW Gen - what a difference . Imagine another 10kg…

I've set 1650 calories/day as my aim for two weeks, combined with walking an hour a day. I'll see if that makes a difference. I've also been much more diligent about drinking water today.

Tomorrow I'm planning to spring clean my house (well, Autumn clean really), and I intend to burn many calories doing that. I know it sounds like a very boring way to spend a Saturday, but it needs to be done.

Lindor - wherever you are mate… . Hope you're OK.

Ani
Old 05-25-2007, 07:39 AM   #35  

Height: 5' 7"

I have managed to lose about .5 kg over the past two weeks, I guess a little is better than none.

I had planned on having a weekend for ME. Doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Kristina has a friend over tonight but the mother is one of those who expects you to pick the child up and drop her off, she lives about 30 minutes away and if I have to meet her where they keep their horse it is also about 30 minutes away. I am one that can't say no so I will be running around. Thankfully I told her there was no way I could do it tonight so she dropped her daughter off. I will end up spending about 3-4 hours at the horse tomorrow, but I guess it is ok cos Kristina hopefully will get to ride a bit.

Sunday I am off to church then off to a pony club that Kristina wants to see, it is near the church so not too bad, then off to a 5 year olds party.

I still have to fit my 3 hours with Nana into each day too. She needs help with the bathing, making sure she has her medications, food etc, and I need to wash her clothes for this week, I have been at work so haven't done that yet. Gosh where does the week go to???

Sorry needed a bit of a grip.

I hope everyone else has a good weekend and manages to lose some weight.

Jennylee
Jennylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:13 AM   #36  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Well, I tried talking to manager today, she SHOT ME DOWN IN FLAMES. She herself is finishing in 2 weeks and I guess she's just put it in the too hard basket. I went to the lady who mans the phones and asked her to contact manager and ask if I can have a private chat. She said to get another girl (BM) without even checking what was about, I didn't want that person because thast who this young missy went whining to last night. So I asked a department manager o have a chat, she was willing and while in the room the BM came in and said why didn't I get her, I said so as not to drag her into it, then the MANAGER came in and yelled at me if it was about the crap last night she doesn't want to bloody well hear about it.

I said well obviously you have already heard about it and she said yes, and it's her word against yours. I said well she had no right to talk to me in that way and then the MGR said I shouldnt have asked the girl for assistance in first place its not her 'job' and if someone called her (the manager) to do a job like that she'd be rude too. I asked her if she was excusing the girls manner and noone deserves to be treated that way and said that we're all supposed to be available for customer service. And how was I to know if she isn't to be called for a job that might be 'beneath' her if I am not told. and then said one word - COMMUNICATION. paused then said, it isn't that hard, and if there was better communication between management and staff here the whole place would run a lot better.
It ended up in a yelling match and me bursting into tears in anger and disbelief that someone I thought was a great boss could act like that. She was the one who started raising her voice to me and I couldnt get a word in hardly, so I just asked the BM for my statement back, took it from her hand and said if you don't want to know about it then I'll go higher. This was all said and done in front of about 4 witnesses all management.

I sent email to the HR officer of qld stores and he rang me said the original incident needs to be handled in store by management, I told him that I went there today and also waht happened, he then said he was ringing her and phoning me back.

He called back said my boss would speak to me next shift that we are both there. I said yep thats thursday nights and saturdays, she isn't there those times and she transfers in a week and a bit. Convenient to speak at next shift isn't it. (Maybe I should cross out my well wishes on her good luck card thats sitting in the staff room?)

He told me if it wasn't resolved then he could step in. Hmmmm I wonder how i will go at work tomorrow???

Sorry guys I just had to vent.
Anyhow must run. I wont be around till tuesday. have a christening to go to on the gold coast.

Has anyone seen Lindor?

Vonni

PS - I wouldnt cross out the card... thats nasty and I'm not a nasty person.

Last edited by 7senuf; 05-25-2007 at 08:16 AM. Reason: POst script
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #37  

I started my new plateau-buster plan yesterday. Ate 1570 calories, drank 2L of water and walked for an hour.

And then Freo won the footy

It's raining here this morning, so any plans for gardening are on hold today. I'm going to try and spring clean the house. After many experimental moments I have FINALLY discovered how to keep cats off my bed - I bought citronella oil, mixed it with water in a spray bottle - and sprayed my bedroom. Works a treat!

I'm trying to stay positive about this plateau, but it's hard. I'm almost tempted to not weigh myself until Monday week, just to give this new plan some time to kick in - but I know me… Can't help myself!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Vonni I hope you get your work situation sorted out - it sounds nightmarish.

Ani
Old 05-26-2007, 01:29 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Angry

Quick some one hit me!!!!!! I've been a bad girl!!!

Last edited by MaryL; 05-26-2007 at 01:55 PM. Reason: put 11 instead of !!
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #39  

Mary don't tease… what have you done?

I met all my goals for yesterday and am happy with that. Tomorrow I will weigh-in and do my measurements, and let you know how I go.

No big plans for today. Might potter and finish off the housework that only half got done yesterday.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

Ani
Old 05-27-2007, 07:08 PM   #40  

Wasn't able to find the 3FC weight tracker! Had to get a new one from Ticker Factory.

Woohoo - well my calorie counting is still doing the trick (knock on wood) - lost 1.2 this week!

Down to 88.8 kg, total loss: 16.8kg. Also got the body fat scale to work: 44.4%, total body water: 40.5%.

Waist: 89cm
Hip: 109cm
Thigh: 61cm
Chest: 104cm
Old 05-28-2007, 03:50 AM   #41  

Onya Gen

I lost 0.5kg and I'm not going to complain about that. I'm on Day Four of my Winter plateau-buster plan, and hopefully this will start to work for me too.

Basically the plan is:

• Eat no more than 1650 calories/day

• Walk for an hour/day

• Drink 2 litres water/day

• Write it ALL down

I'll do this for a few weeks and see what happens. If I can break through the plateau, and start losing again, I'll adopt the plan for the next three months. I've set myself the goal of getting to 83kg by the end of winter, and made a promise to myself that I will commit to this next three months and work hard to make it happen.

How did everyone else go?

Ani
Old 05-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #42  

Well done Ani, 0.5kg is a great start to your plateau busting!!

My goal this week is to stick to my 1478 calories/day, drink 2550 ml/day (3 of my 850ml water bottles), and exercise at least 30 mins/day.

In addition, I have my big scary US nursing exam tomorrow at 0900, so I pledge to drink at least 2 alcoholic drinks at the pub and have a lovely meal to celebrate tomorrow night!

PS: Where the heck is everyone? Kylie? Leeny? Mary? Vonni? Vanessa? .... Bueller??
Old 05-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #43  

Yes… where indeed are they all? I know Vonni was going away for a christening, and maybe the confusion about moving the 3FC server has kept a few away.

COME BACK - all of you!

Good luck with your exam Gen! I have faith that you'll do well . Are you going to go and work in the US after this?

I had another good day yesterday and reached all my goals. My weight loss plans are much the same today: work towards my goals and keep a positive attitude! My ticker has been stuck for 9 weeks now - I really, really want to be able to move it on Monday.

OK - slept in until 7.30am today so I'd better get moving.

Ani
Old 05-28-2007, 10:23 PM   #44  

Yay it's over - well, it is if I passed! I got the minimum amount of questions, and finished within 45 mins, so either did REALLY well, or REALLY badly! Hopefully the former! Quietly confident, but I'm glad I only have to wait a few days for the results!! Now I've got a uni assignment due in 2 weeks - 3000 words about research ethics.. blah.

I'm so glad I'm going to the pub tonite haha.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Hi Everyone!

Nope - not dead yet. :P

Vonni! I don't understand how this has all blown up in your face??? Sounds like a really sucky situation, hope everything works out and the little priss gets what she deserves (ie get taken down a peg or two). As for mgt - what can you expect?

Ani - it's good to hear determination back in your voice - if you were a super hero, we could call you The Plateau Buster...or something...

I've crept back up to 89kg - that's what happens when you take your eye off the ball. No fear though - I am beginning to refocus. I'm starting off small, with more water, and less crap food. I might even try and get down to the gym again.

Kylie
Elerine is offline   Reply With Quote