Old 12-27-2007, 05:15 AM   #1321  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Kel I'm not going to say a single word about Optifast

What I want to challenge you with is this: when you think about December 2008, where do you see yourself? I know it's tempting to grab for something that seems to be a 'quick fix', but it's even more tempting to me to be able to eat yummy food, learn a little about myself every day, tweak things - rather than have to make massive changes - and watch the changes in both my mind and my body.

Don't get mad at yourself for putting on a bit of weight! It's Christmas - it's all OK.

I broke my resistance band the other day. Serves me right - I hadn't used it for quite a few months, and when I pulled it out I could tell that the rubber was starting to perish in a couple of places. But I went ahead and used it - and of course it snapped while I was at full stretch with the bloody thing

Anyway, I bought myself another one - and it's a harder grade. I've done a couple of workouts with it, and I have really, really sore triceps and shoulders. I'm worried that I'm going to end up with heaps of loose skin when I lose more weight - especially flabby arms, so I'm trying to exercise and tone as much as I can.

I have designed a 45-minute workout that I do every second day. And I'm aiming for 10,000 steps a day with my pedometer, so hopefully I can continue with my momentum.

Over the next 12 months I will be happy if I manage to drop 10kg. I know that won't get me to my eventual goal, but what it will do is teach me more new things about my adopted healthy lifestyle, and give me more insight into the reasons I gained weight in the first place.

It will be an interesting revelation to see how my body shapes itself too. Up until now I have felt like a bit of an amorphous blob, but now I'm beginning to see what is beneath the layers… and it's flabbier and less well proportioned than I had imagined it would be.

Listen to me - you'd think I was creating a sculpture

In the next year I am hoping to complete my virtual walking trip to Broome. It's 2237km from Perth, and I have walked 34km of that in the last week or so. To me the significance of setting myself such a big goal is so that I can keep my head right about the size of the task ahead. Yes, there's a long way to go, and yes it will take a long time to get there – but that is a perfect parallel with weight loss for me.

It doesn't work if you rush it. Or if you fail to plan. Or if you're too stubborn to prepare. Or if you take your eye off the destination for too long.

I cannot believe that I am so close to being in the 70's. It does my head in to think about it, and sometimes it makes me feel sad. Not sad to be in the 70's - but sad that I let myself get so big.

And then I have moments (especially prone to this when I have PMT) where I want to throw a complete tantrum because I've lost 23kg and am STILL bloody obese! Ah well!!!

Anyway - that's as far as I've got with planning my goals for next year.

I did try - and I tried hard - to set a goal of letting myself love someone. But just the thought made me laugh so loud I startled the cats. Still - maybe with this new part of the journey I may discover some courage

Unlikely!

Ani
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:19 AM   #1322  

Vonni - we were posting at the same time. I think you should start next year's off. I waffle too much as it is
Old 12-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #1323  
It's ME!

Ani, I need to set a similar goal - to allow someone to love me but at the moment that's a bit scary.

I've been to physio this morning as my back is still niggly and sore. Weighed myself after my appointment (on the same scales at the gym that I always use) and somehow I've lost 2kg in the past 3 weeks or so. Now that I don't understand as I haven't exercised as much and I've eaten plenty.

It's a Christmas miracle!!

I need to sit down and nut out some goals for 2008. Setting goals is something I've never done as I've had so much weight to lose that it seemed impossible. Now I know I can do it so I'm looking forward to achieving more in the next year.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:35 PM   #1324  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

i'm going to get the optifast on special.... so it wont be that much of a 'waste' of money heheheheeh
i want to do it coz i am educated now... and after jemima's birthday depending on where i am at i doubt i will ever do a stupid shakes diet ever again..... i know that we are all thinking but then i will just think of some other reason why i need to lose weight quick but honestly i just want to lose the weight i ALREADY lost before i got pregnant, i have learnt so so many lessons since then....

ani and julia - i think it is awesome you are going to let yourself be loved (do it julia!) at least being in that mindframe amazing things can happen.... I do think though when it is right and perfect you wont even think about letting it happen it just will, i am the luckiest girl in the world i had the love at first sight thing, so i wish that for everyone but then i know people who didnt have it and fall in love slowly by letting it happen.......
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #1325  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

oh yeah and ani - am completly jealous of you getting to go on summer clothes shopping spree! good on you, that makes it all worth it!
yeah december next year, i have not thought about december next year, am hoping i will be pregnant or i guess even just had another baby so bodywise it is a little daunting to think that far ahead, but i do know what you mean yes shakes is quick fix or at least headstart again for the new year and the deadlines i have set that i feel are unrealistic to meet with sensible and enjoyable weightloss.

i am having gym withdrawals!!! have been lifting jemima above my head and helping benji withsome pavers, i want to lift heavy things and move! my membership is frozen until 2 january so the countdown is ON.
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #1326  

It's really annoying when you're living in a house that's on the market. Tomorrow the landlord is bringing the painter in - and that will be an inconvenience! But what annoys me more is the constant phone calls from the real estate agent and all the people pulling up out the front to look at the house.

I have about seven weeks to go until I move, and I'm counting down. I'm getting a new housemate next week - just for six weeks - because I need the financial help to pay the rent. And in that time I'm going to find a part time job, so I can move into my new house on my own.

But I'm going to annoy the landlord. I have many, many books - in fact when you walk into my house, the first thing most people notice is the bookshelves lining the walls. I'm going to start packing them - in fact I'm going to start packing heaps of stuff.

My landlord wants me to make sure the house is in the most presentable 'sale' condition "at all times", but that's not what I pay rent to do. If she wants to pay me to do that - then I will. Otherwise it's a "business as usual" attitude from me.

Hope I can maintain my weight for Monday's weigh-in. After my little Christmas binge I'm not expecting to lose this week, but I've been on track for the last three days. It's good to know that I have learned, over the course of this journey, that a bad day or two is nothing more than that. The old me would have used it as an excuse to quit - but those days are gone.

I did my measurements yesterday. So far I've lost 25cm from my hips and 21cm from my waist - I won't bore you with all the other measurements, but the one that makes me giggle is that I've lost 7cm from my knees!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Ani
Old 12-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #1327  

OK - I've started a new thread for us. So feel free to go there and start posting.

Aussie Chicks in 2008…

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129622
Old 12-30-2007, 05:49 AM   #1328  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

[email protected] 7 cm from knees. Ani even when I was smaller than a size 8 I still had big knees. Must be my bones. same as my arms have always been on the bigger size. Maybe I just need to lose enough weight to 'grow' into them?
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote