Old 04-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #106  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all you busy chicks -

Is it true that we have not heard from Shad since Wednesday? Did the dingoes get her? Ok, woman - come out, come out where ever you are - very unusual not to hear from her. Hope everything's ok.

Speaking of dingoes - I like your themed avatar Carla.

Saw your journal Holly - poor DD what an awful thing to have happen. Hope you are ok too.

Mel - glad the storm went north of you. They were talking 5 inches of rain in Providence and NY. I know what you mean about getting in trouble with the credit cards - it's easy to live on the edge - even if you are careful with your spending. Sometimes it's a challenge just to make ends meet. Hope you can work everything out

Hi Suzi - life IS better living more simply. It's just hard to not unconsiously fall into old habits of gathering up things again when we aren't looking. It's good that you have motivation to keep up with the gym.

Hi Nae - let's all whistle while we work

Ceejay - good for you on the smaller jeans. All that exercising is getting you results. Keep up the good work. Are you enjoying Dallas? I have a friend there - they get some scary weather at times.

Madcat, was reading back and noticed your comment about working on the boring project. I'm with you - getting wads of money for something that bores me out of my mind is not what I'd pick. Would rather take less money and enjoy what I was doing. This week at work was hard and even though all parties involved were exhausted from the intensity - we did feel a sense of accomplishment. I'll take that over the mundane any day. How much longer on this project for you?

It's cool but sunny today. And it looks like it will creep up to the 70's by the end of the week. I think I'll make soups anyway for lunch even if it is warming up. The office is cooler than most of us would like it to be. I have some short sleeved jackets that I can't even think of wearing yet. But then again, I'm the only one on my section of the floor who knows how to adjust the thermostat If I turn up the temps - those of us in cubes are comfortable but the people in the offices get a blast furnace as the heat is more concentrated on them I justify it as the good of the many overcomes the good of the few

Menus are selected. Grocery list is made. Have to clean up and get out to the store. I overslept yesterday and missed my hair appointment I think I'm going to go back to blonde again. The red lasted for quite a while - tho for some reason people seem inclined to point out to me that my hair is a different color now - well yes duh - it's more brown with red overtones instead of intense eye popping red. But the gray is more prominent as it fades out. With the blonde highlights the gray just shines more like blonde

My committment to weight loss this week is that I will not exceed my points and I am adding exercise back in. Starting out with at least 3 days of 30 minutes. No reason why I can't do 30 minutes each day but let's set a goal and try to exceed it.

Dancing here in my chair to Laura Brannigan's Self Control - a good theme, eh?

Happy Sunday to all - those present and those out in the bush. Time to check in please.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #107  
Choose your hard

Are any of you having trouble with this site? I try to post a response and I'm logged in but when I submit it drops my login. The pages are slow to load and sometimes this site doesn't want to respond.

Good thing I know how to save my stuff before I lose it.

Frustrating - especially for a short tempered chick.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #108  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Guido the Italian Lover

A virile, middle aged Italian gentlemen named Guido was relaxing at his
favorite bar in Rome when he managed to attract a spectacular young blonde
woman. Things progressed to the point where he invited her back to his
apartment and, after some small talk, they retired to his bedroom where he
rattled her senseless.

After a pleasant interlude he asked with a smile, "So, you finish?" She
paused for a second, frowned, and replied, "No."

Surprised, Guido reached for her and the rattling resumed. This time she
thrashed about wildly and there were screams of passion. The sex finally
ends and, again, Guido smiles and asks, "You finish?"

Again, after a short pause, she returns his smile, cuddles closer to him and
softly says, "No."

Stunned, but damned if he was going to leave this woman unsatisfied, Guido
reaches for the woman yet again. Using the last of his strength, he barely
manages it, but they end together screaming, bucking, clawing and ripping
the bed sheets. Exhausted, Guido falls onto his back, gasping. Barely able
to turn his head, he looks into her eyes, smiles proudly and asked again,
"You finish?"

Barely able to speak, the beautiful blond whispers in his ear, "No, I
Norwegian
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #109  
Happy September

HAVEN'T HEARD FROM SHADDIE EITHER. MUST BE A VERY BUSY WEEK.
GLAD TO HEAR OF YOUR WONDERFUL TEMPS HAPPY!!!
GOTTA LOVE THE BETTER WEATHER SEND IT UP HERE BABY OR I AM MOVING DOWN YOUR WAY!!!
OK I AM GOING BACK TO SORTING. DON'T WANT YOU TO GET TOO FAR AHEAD OF ME CLEANING SND MENU PLANNING!! I PLANNED MY MENU TOO......5 HEALTHY CHOICE DINNERS
Old 04-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #110  

Lolololololololololololololololololollololololl
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:21 PM   #111  
Happy September

SO GLAD NAE LIKED THE JOKE. GOT IT IN AN E-MAIL!! SEND IT TO MOM!!

I AM GOING TO THE MALL TOMORROW IF MOTHER NATURE LETS ME. SO HAVE A WONDERFUL MONDAY!!! FOOD SHOPPING IS TUESDAY SO IF I'M MIA YOU KNOW WHERE I AM. SENT SHADDIE AN E-MAIL BUT NO ANSWER YET SHE IS ASLEEP!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-15-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #112  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm here, just no time until after lunch

Thanks for the concern.

I'll be back right after the break. (always wanted to say that)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #113  
Suzi in Auz

madly at my two friends online, Shad and Mel.
Have wonderful days.
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #114  
Suzi in Auz

ohhh loved the joke...still giggling!
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy--I've been having trouble with this sight for a while now.

Mel--Loved the joke.

My new jeans feel great on. Makes me want to continue to exercise and eat right. I will do this. We all can.

Leaving to go back home in the morning. It's a little sad but I have to work. sigh! I miss being near my two sisters.

My sister has given me the menu's that she has fixed while I've been here. Has anyone heard of broccoli cornbread. She also made a Carribean pumkin soup that was excellent to go with this. YUMMY.

More tomorrow.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:02 PM   #116  
Happy September

HAD TO COME BACK ONE MORE TIME TO CHECK ON MISS SHAD!! BRB AFTER THE BREAK....
Oh crapola......the lights are flickering. I wonder if we are going to lose our electric..... better get off here!
Old 04-15-2007, 11:13 PM   #117  

(((((HUGS))))))) HI!!!

Too funny Miss Melly. You guys are getting some wicked rain storms, eh. Showed it on the waether channel.

I am off to sleepy land.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 PM   #118  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm having a problem with this site as well. Very slow to load today. Don't know whether I am in the middle of a backup or what, but it takes forever. Just had some soup and an avocado sandwich for lunch. Yum soup. I was going to make it (Red capsicum and tomato) but sloth got the better of me and I didn't get to the kitchen.

Taxes are done apart from a small period of time - waiting for the DS2 to get me some info. He hasn't done it yet. Anything else new???

Madcat - thanks for talking about accommodation. What I am looking for in Toronto is a small B&B or Hotel, somewhere close to the shopping precincts and maybe by the lake or ???? well who knows. I thought about going on line soon to check out Smoothhound which has B&B's across the world. - I was going to get S onto it this week, but haven't quite got on the phone yet. Last time I stayed at Bonds Hotel. It wasn't bad and close to the Eaton Centre but I really want a bit more cozy this time - IYKWIM.

Reservation for the Rocky Mountaineer should be finalised today or tomorrow and then I can plan for Vancouver and Victoria. I need to think about accommodation in Calgary as well. S has got me an Air Canada voucher which should give me plenty of flexibility for the Newark, Toronto, Calgary/Van - San Francisco bits.

This weekend just gone, I took the Team Lead for a walk up the local mountain (Castle Hill) and stretched her out a bit. I don't think I will be forgiven, it wore her out and she now has stiff legs. I don't think I will check the schedules for a while - I'm probably on the graveyard shift or late afternoons. Ho Ho.

Better go and sort the master data. I just want it finished!!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:36 AM   #119  
Choose your hard

It's 1:30 in the morning and I have spent the last 4 hours of my precious weekend cleaning up data from the disaster that is our new system at work. We still haven't released month end reports yets. Not a good thing.

Needless to say, work is all consuming so if I'm not around for a few days, they've either succeeded in killing me or I'm buried up to my eyeballs.

Don't worry Shad - even if they kill me, DH will still pick you up at the airport, let you stay in the guest room and will even take you to the Caverns seeing as how you both like taking pictures so much

'Night for now...
Old 04-16-2007, 04:42 AM   #120  

Well, Happy, I was surprised to see you had posted not too long ago. But at least you were being productive. It's 4 am here, and I have monster insomnia for some reason. (Okay, so maybe I shouldn't have had that last glass of wine. Or the big bag of popcorn...)
Tomorrow the weather is supposed to hit here, tho not as bad as a lot of places. It rained all day, felt more like November. I just looked outside and can't tell if it's snow or mist I see.
I noticed the 3fc home page has a review of 2 new diet books based on increased fiber intake. I had to laugh - I went to my stack of diet books, and sure enough there was an old one called the F-Plan Diet, from 20+ years ago. And it too was recommending at least 35 whatevers (grams?) of fiber per day! Everything old is new again, I guess. Of course as a diet book addict, I have every intention of buying the book 3fc recommends, and maybe concocting another diet plan combining the old and new. The old one had a few recipes I still like, including an extremely hearty mix of stuff for daily breakfast/snack eating. I have a feeling the only way for me to continue losing is to switch to a new eating plan every couple of weeks. Short attention span, I guess.
I don't know where the declutter bug came from the last few days, but it hit here as well. I finally went thru the many grotty spice jars I had, and threw out all the old stale ones. (And yes, I even washed and recycled the jars.) Which actually made some sorely needed space in my cupboards, which was nice. Of course then I went off to Winners and found several bargain tops, so now the closets are overflowing again. (Maybe it's time to get rid of some of the smaller sizes I've been keeping around for so long.) Oh well. At least my spice cupboard is tidy! I did some re-organizing in the office/guest room too, still a long way to go on that one, but I'm trying to get my head around the idea that maybe I don't really need a desk, since with the laptop I really just use it to keep my file folders and other c**ap on... Then again, maybe I'm not ready for that step just yet.
Well ladies, sorry to have rambled on, I seem to be feeling just a little James-Joycey tonight - or perhaps I should say this morning.
Bye for now!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote