Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #106  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

HI, everyone! Sorry it's been days since I posted. It's been very very busy 'round here. BUT wonder of wonders, I've stayed on track. I'm so glad we went to WW meeting Tuesday. Otherwise, I probably would've "fallen off the wagon" (as hubby puts it) by now. I'm down substantially (atleast 5 lbs) this week. But it's first week, so I expected that. It's exciting nontheless. I dread the slow down. I know it's coming quickly. I'll need everyone of you to help me not get discouraged AGAIN! As long as I go to meetings, I do pretty well. And hubby really seems to be on board this time. Hopefully it'll be a success.

My lovely monthly friend showed up this morning. That should be good for a pound or two, huh? LOL I'm all crampy and back hurts. Feel like curling up on the couch and doing nothing today.

We live in Louisiana. My son is eight and the last time it snowed (with accumilations), he was two!!! We're halfway expecting some "winter precip" on Sunday or Monday! YIPPEE!! Wish some of you who are tired of it could send a bit our way! It's a rarity for us. Go to the national weather service web site and type in Shreveport, La. in the city, st search bar. You'll see what I mean. If we get any winter precip at all, they close schools down here! LOL Everyone freaks out. My mother in law called me earlier to tell me to go stock up on everything because we were supposed to get some ice Monday. LOL We're such rednecks!

Gotta run and try to get motivated. Good luck everyone for the weekend! And thanks so much for all the kind words of support. You can't know how much it means to me!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 230/157/25

Height: 5'7''

I dont always do it, but I always do something to make up for it. I havent been able to get to the gym recently, so I've just been watching what I eat more closely. When I do alot of cardio, I'm more likely to eat because I figured I just ran and burned extra calories.
School has been great, I have been studying like crazy because I have exams in less then two weeks. The only one I know I'll get an A in is Spanish. Thats pretty much the only class that just comes easy. I dropped German last year because the teacher and I really had some differences, but I still know enough to have a conversation.
I wouldve replied sooner but I went to Koln today(pronouced Colonge)with family. I figured if I'm in germany we might as well go do something other than sit at home.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:29 AM   #108  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies, I haven’t posted all week, but I’ve been reading everyday.

Leygh, I hope you had a good day in Koln with your family. Are your parents military? Did you say that already, I can’t remember?

Hi Gaining in LA, I don’t think we’ve “met” yet. Congrats on the great first week weigh in. You’re right that it will slow down, but it’s fun to see that big drop anyway. I live in Mississippi, and we get very little “winter precipitation” either. Everyone here is hoping we’ll get it Tuesday, if we get it at all, since many places are already closed for MLK day on Monday. I have to laugh about your MIL calling you to stock up. Anytime there is a chance of ice, the bread and milk shelves, (the staff of life I guess for most Mississippians) are empty at the grocery store, by the time I get there.

Tina, congratulations on the loss! All of that exercise and moving around that you did last week really paid off. How do you keep warm at -33 degrees outside!!!! Since losing weight, I am constantly cold, and I live in Mississippi! I don’t know how I could handle living in a colder climate.

Linda, Glad to hear the estradiol is out of your system and you’re playing with buddy and frog again.

Robsia, The scales are moving in the right direction now, even if it’s not as quickly as you’d like. Congrats.

Hi Liza, I guess I’ve started posting since you used to post. Aren’t cookies evil. I can’t eat just one or even just two, so it’s better for me to not have any.

Louie, It sounds like you are getting lots of cold weather too. I hate driving on ice. We lived out west in the mountains for a few years, and I never got used to it. I was always white knuckled and nervous when it was icy on the roads.

Cheryl, Here’s to a quick recovery for you and DH. Take care of yourselves.

Nicole, Happy anniversary. Hope you had a chance to recuperate some this weekend. Sounds like you have some interesting classes lined up this session.

Emily, I hope you can get back on track soon. Changes in my routine really knock me off course.

Erin, The first few days of no sugar were hard for me, but once I got it out of my system, it wasn’t a constant battle. Now I’m one of those weird people who thinks things are too sweet now.

I've been on plan all week and the scales have dropped two pounds recently. My sweet spot, calorie wise, right now is around 1600 per day. I lose more consistenly at that level than I do at the 1700/1800 range I prefer to eat at. I enter my foods into fitday at the end of the day, instead of planning it from the beginning of the day. That means that I don't always know how many calories I ate until I'm finished eating. Backwards, of course.

I hope everyone has a great, on plan week.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #109  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls sorry I haven't checked in for a while but we are on our 3rd day of an ice storm and I have kept the computer turned off in case the electricity goes out. The storm started Friday morning with freezing rain and sleet and continued into last night. We are having a bit of a break right now but it is supposed to move back in here in a couple of hours and be worse than it has been.

I ate lots of sodium filled foods yesterday and the scales are back up to 221 this morning but I am also swollen like an overfilled balloon. I did fit in a work out yesterday and my muscles are sore so I am hoping the gain is all water and maybe my muscles are holding some fluid also.

I guess I had better get this computer turned back off before the storm starts again. I sure hope our electricity doesn't go out.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:29 AM   #110  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Morning, Ladies

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend. I didn't get up to too much on Saturday.. did a bit of studying, grocery shopping and watched a couple of movies. Today probably won't be much different as I have a report to complete

Tina and Robsia congrats on your loss .. YAHOO !!

Linda, glad to hear that you are spending time with buddy and the frog, again

In LA, 5 lbs in your first week that is good news. Yes, it will slow down but that is a great start

Leygh, good for you for learning different languages. I took French throughout school...although I find if you don't lose it you tend to forget most of it...or at least I have !

Tammy, 2 lbs congrats !! You will be in onederland before you know it

Robbin, brrr an ice storm that sounds nasty. The weather here is still chilly but I can't complain as this is very rare for us.

Well I best get a move on. Have a good one and keep on keeping on
Old 01-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #111  

gosh i forget to check in for a couple of days and theres so much to catch up on, will have to pop back later to read properly.
havnt had time for a workout but still on track with food. its weigh in tomorow morning but i dont feel like iv lost anything this week. fingers crossed i see a loss on that scale cos when the scale stops moving i lose motivation.
be back later xx
Old 01-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 230/157/25

Height: 5'7''

Jtammy- yeah my dad is in the military, this is my second time living in germany, i lived here back in elementary school. i've never lived anymore for more then 2 years. one time it was 3 years, but i'm always moving. im on my second year now and my dad is trying to stay here so i can stay at 1 high school the whole time

louie-german isnt really hard, but it is harder then spanish. i think because i here spanish so often back in the states its easier to pick up and remember. alot of my friends are german so i still remember things.

jordan
Old 01-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #113  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Oh wow, Sunday already . . .

Don't blink too quickly or you're probably going to miss me as I whiz by at the speed of ? . . . well something that whizzes by.

Have a great rest of the weekend, gang . . . I will see you again soon and promise to actually settle down on the ground for a few minutes, just as soon as I get a chance. Keep on moving and shaking.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:41 AM   #114  

good morning gals, well i was right nothing lost this week
Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 AM   #115  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hey Liza don't let the scales get you down. After being stuck indoors all weekend due to the Ice Storm I went up 4 pounds YUCK I guess I am gonna have to move my Ticker up soon to reality cause I does not look like I am gong to get back to it any time soon. Today I am PMSing sooooo bad I could eat the paint off the walls. I want Nacho's.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:39 AM   #116  

thanks robbin, i know i shouldnt but its hard not to, iv eaten tiny amounts of boring healthy food ok i had 1 slip but iv exercised most days i should have lost something, just a pound would have kept me on track but when the scales says the same number after a week of hard work i cant help thinking whats the point
oh well will have to make sure there are no slips this week and if i dont lose somethin next week i will be having some serious words with that scale demon
Old 01-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #117  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Liza, I'm sorry for your non-loss. It makes me sad not just for you, but because I know I have those days coming and I so don't look forward to them! It's so discouraging, but keep on track.....do something really outrageous to jumpstart your body back into gear. Have a soup-only day or something like that. It sounds yuck, but when you get to the other side, won't it be sooo worth it??

Well, looks like Louisiana is going to come away from the "Big Ice Storm of '07" with a cold rain...again! They get our hopes all up for some winter precip and we always get a cold and nasty rain. I'm beginning to wonder if my children will ever see snow without having to travel many miles to see it...snow in our very own yard that they can go out and play in. Good thing is we're not stuck indoors with no power....'cause I'd be eatin' my way to warmer temperatures. And that'd be a very bad thing.
Tammy , it's nice to meet you...another snowless one! :-D Amazing that you've lost 134 lbs!! You should post before and afters for us all to see.....or maybe you already have and I just haven't seen them because I just re-joined?? LOL How long's it taken you to lose it and WHAT have kept you so motivated? And how have you done it?? Just counting calories? I hope you've done nice things along the way for yourself in honor of your amazing achievements! You certainly more than deserve it!

Well, ladies.....I must go brave the ice storm we didn't get. My son wants to go visit Dad at work! I have to tell one funny thing....yesterday after church (when we were SUPPOSED to be having an ice storm) it was 72 degrees outside and we came home and all dressed in jeans and tee shirts and went mud riding on the four wheelers. My husband and I were riding along, both soaked from the rain and mud, laughing about going riding in our 70 degree ice storm. I guess it's not as funny written down as it was yesterday when we were discussing it! LOL :-D

Have a great week ladies! I wish you all lots of losses!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #118  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Monday!

Good girls! Another monday of fresh beginnings after some weekend mishaps. I was down to 213 on saturday, but hubbys christmas dinner from work was lastnight. To make matters worse, it wasn't till 8 PM! (I always have dinner at 5 and my cutoff is 7 if I want a little snack afterwards) And of course we didn't get anything to eat till 8.30. So by that time I was absolutely starving. I devoured 3 palm sized servings of prime rib, ate about 2lbs. of veggies and to top it off...I had a slice of cake. I was so full it hurt! And whoever said not to eat before bedtime sure got all their apples in line. I'm exhausted today. I had insomnia, thirst, I barely slept. So to put the cherry on top of all of that..the scales were at 215.5. You might think may aswell eat the cherry huh?! LOL! But I didn't...I did another totally great workout with my sculpting dvd and 20 mins elliptical. I feel so much better and believe I can obliterate those pounds soon enough!

Liza, don't get discouraged. I know those words are easier said than accomplished. Remember, if you keep doing the right things, the weight WILL come off. Would you mind sharing your game plan...maybe one of us can make some suggestions. Like what is your caloric intake, do you track them?

Robsia, you betcha! Just keep doing what you know works. Your body will give in sooner or later. Don't dwell on the past you cannot change, think about what actions you can do to change your future!

Nicole, dare I ask what un-schooling is? LOL! Hope you're keeping up well with your now hectic schedule. How was the belly-dancing workout. I think that would be fun!

Cheryl, sorry to hear you and hubby are under the weather. Nothing like throwing a wrench in your spokes. Hope you both are feeling much better by now.

Linda, nice to know the meds are outta your system and you're able to get back to your life as you knew it. I skimmed the website but I'll have to take some time to really look at it. Seems really interesting and motivating.

Louie, the weather is on my side again. It's +4 today with lots of sunshine! Phew! Blizzards are not fun at all! How about your weather?

Diane, congrats on staying on program and that amazing loss! I think having hubby on board is a big support. I'm so happy for you. Keep up that amazing will power!

Leygh, I'd like to think I'm making up for my endulgences today...hehehe! I would imagine you are in an English speaking school. My..My..by the time you're ready to move out on your own and live wherever...you'll have a few languages under your belt.

Tammy, I agree..since losing weight it's harder to keep warm. But as my hubby puts it...I'm always cold. -33 isn't that bad because you just stay inside! LOL! Thank God it didn't last that long. Congrats to you for your losses! Wow, 212 that's incrediable!

Robbin, wow...that storm you had sounded bad. Glad you are able to immerge today. It's monday, put the weekend behind you and begin working on what you can make out of this week. I hope you're able to find a healthier substitute for your nacho craving.

I gotta get out of my workout clothes back into some civalizational ones to go pick up my daughter at school. Hope you're having an amazing day!

TTFN!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #119  

Afternoon Ladies, Just a quick pop-in for now. Feeling much better, but not weighing till next week since I haven't been eating like I should since being sick.
Congrats to all you ladies that had a loss. That's SUPER!!!! For those of you having to deal with the freezing rain/miserable weather, here's hoping for warmer weather this week. We have been hit with the cold Canadian air since last Monday, so we are dealing with -30 to -40 below with the wind chill. It's suppose to warm up to 25 on Wednesday. Yippie!!! Have a good day.

Cheryl
Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 278/203/165

Height: 5'7

Hello ladies,
Sorry I have not been around in a while. Wishing you all a very healthy and happy 2007 and much success with your weight loss journeys. I will try to catch up on all the recent posts. I am doing great, put myself back on bootcamp to start the year with a bang, and so far so good! I am at the doorsteps of onderland! Take care everyone and best wishes!
Closed Thread