Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #61  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Monday!

Good morning ladies! Hope you had a great weekend. Mine was good and some what quiet. No visitors which was a lot more easier to keep the eating out under control. Which I guess is a really good thing because scales gave me another pound. Down to 216, which is a lot better than the 217.5 I got last week after a couple of days being particularly good! LOL!

Now then, time for some catching up...as promised!

Erin, I agree about the measurements. I think I will take mine today...just to be curious and to actually take a record of when I do lose an inch. I think another way to celebrate a loss is a great idea! Girl, meal planning is the way to go. It takes some committment but is sure helps in the long run of the week.

Tracy, Welcome to our group. Nice to have you! You should fit in here nicely, we all know what emotional eating entales. You're doing this for the right reasons, to better YOU! This journey isn't all about getting thinner, although the side effects of getting healthier is awesome considering you DO get thinner! LOL!

Hey Louie, after working through the holidays..of course a rest day is mandatory! Glad you had a good weekend! I gotta say, I loved the theory for allowing yourself the $$ to buy the lunch bag. It's so true isn't it?!!

Nicole, yikes! That fever is something. I hope all is well with your son by now. Did you pin point what was causing it? Hmmmmm...Me in a bikini? I don't this so! But, you go girl! Ain't nothing but the truth and whole truth when in comes to taking pictures like those...LOL!

Liza, knowing that you want to work yourself up to 20 minutes on the treadmill...I've got a motivating tid bit for you. It takes at least 20 minutes into a workout before your body actually starts to burn fat. I know, I know! I was a little taken a back by it too. I try for 30mins. on my elliptical which means I only get 10 mins. of the good stuff! You're doing so well, and you will get to this point. Keep up the great work, and awesome stuff turning shy the fries and sweets your son had. And a big congratulations on the 4lb. loss! 'Weigh' to GO!

Linda, so did your buddy ball do anymore damage to you over the weekend? I hope you two are able to get along enough to have some good workouts daily...LOL!

Cheryl, I guess that having your highest caloric meal in the beginning of the day and having the rest of day to burn it off makes sense. If your stomach allows it, then go for it. I can't wait for your weigh in day to see what affect it has had. Just I have a problem with getting myself to the point to where I feel like eating breakfast sometimes. Then again, if I woke up to the smell of a steak...things change! LOL!

Robsia, congrats on getting 4lbs. off. That's a great weekly number to get this far into the game!

I guess that's all she wrote folks! I'm off to keep this day striving along. So far, I've had oatmeal and a cup of milk for breakfast. For lunch I'm having an Asian salad mix (green cabbage, broccoli, carrots, red cabbage, chow mein noodles, sliced almonds, and seasame ginger dressing...low-fat/low-cal and low/carb!) And for dinner we're having grilled marinated souvlaki pork loin chops, veggies and side salad. Now I just need to get down on the silly elliptical and work it out!

Have a great day girls!
TTFN!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #62  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Ok Ladies I know I am way way past due on personals, and I do apologize. Life seems to be moving so fast these days and I can’t really keep up. I know I was going to do them over the weekend but we ended up going out of town for Saturday and finished up putting in a new kitchen floor on Sunday. And this afternoon isn’t looking too hopeful for personals either.

I want to let everyone know where I stand as of today. I did really well with my eating last week and saw the scales drop 2 pounds but over the weekend I once again lost control of myself and the scales are back up to 222. I refuse to change the ticker I am going to get back to pre-holiday weight and I will do it soon. I am going to get control of myself and take my life by the reigns. There is no choice in the matter. As of yesterday I have been back on track and am doing well with eating. I do believe the 2 pounds up is mostly water weight from a couple of margarita’s I drank over the weekend (more like 4).

Next I want to Welcome all the new faces and let you all know you could not have picked a better group of ladies to help you on this journey. If it weren’t for them I would not have stuck to this for as long as I have.

Please forgive the flyby once more and I promise to try to find some “personal” time.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #63  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Wow, I am having a really strange, strange, strange day. It's like one of those flashback sequences in the movies. . .

Up at 5 am with a nasty Hypo . . . and to think I was worried I would oversleep and be late for my "Oh Such Fun" vaginal ultrasound . . . anyway, while I was out to the hospital, the weather was extremely mild and very windy and the radio was talking about the fact that it was going to get even more so throughout the day. Got home about 10 am . . . took first dose of a new medication . . . and decided I needed a little nap . . . when I woke up again 2 hours later, we were in the middle of a blizzard . . . it was like a whole other day out there. Thought I must have pulled off some kind of RipVanWinkle move. I even wondered about what day it was for a minute. Reason I mentioned the new med was because it is now just about 5:30 pm and I have just gotten up from my second nap of the day and the only thing I can think of is some kind of reaction to the new Rx . . . will have to see what happens over the next day or two. Now when I look out, you'd think I dreamed the whole snowstorm episode. Except for the fact that the radio is confirming that it really did happen and also that the roads are really treacherously slippery because of the remains of the storm. Just plain weird.

Anyway, I'm going to beg off on the personals too . . . I'm so far behind on my plans for today, I'm really not sure which way to turn next. Hope tomorrow is a better day. Just want to say congratulations to those 4 lb 'losers' and way to go to all those devoted 'exercisers' and 'planners'. Yippee . . . you are doing well.

See you soon, gang. . . keep things moving and shaking and you'll keep on heading in the great downward direction . . . whatever day it is . . . see you all tomorrow . . . that'll be Tuesday . . . I think. . . . Have a great evening.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #64  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Howdy gang! I have already left the kids alone too long ( and with a tube of M&M's to boot!) so have to be quick did some notes for personals while reading what i missed so the personals may seem a little odd in their order but read back from my last post.
Tracy - My heart goes out to ya girl! I am a professional emotional eater and can really pack on some poundage that way and with the kind of emotional trauma you have had that would be understandable! You'll have to check out a post I did a while back. I recently had a new but good friend die suddenly of what we think was a heart attack or aneurysm and it has change me for sure!!!! We would love to have you join us!!

Louie - First thing off when i hit the house is shoes and bra. I probably have more pajamas than i do any other kind of style of clothing! Always good to have a do nothing day now and then! Any luck finding a lunch box yet? Have you tried a sporting goods store? Sometimes they have really cool stuff in the camping section? Loved the "retail therapy" comment! Have been doing a little of that myself lately! Did you float away or are things drying out now?

Nicole - has your baby gotten well yet? 104 is pretty scary! No styofoam snow storm this time, they were actually behaving this time! Haven't done the meal planning thing yet, still trying to get a grip on my eating overall right now. I have several low carb and low fat cook books i would like to go through. Plan to do it before next weeks grocery shopping and will see what i can come up with!

Liza - Unfortunately my stressful days seem to be adding up but definitely better when you are unrestrained!!! Any movement above and beyond your normal routine is burning calories, the more you do the more you burn!!! little bits of stuff throughout your day can add up to a lot of calories burned! Just like the treadmill 5 min done is bettter than 0!!!! (which is what i have donein the exercise department by the way!) That's where those 4 pounds came from! Awesome job!!!!

Linda - you know you are right, my waist has come lower since i started on metformin that it had been at the same weight without metformin. Never thought that could have something to do with it! I am sure injections have a much stronger effect though. So how is "Buddy"? have you bounced lately? Wow very weird weather for sure! Hope the medicine hangover leaves you quickly and you can get on with your day!

Robsia - congrats on the 4 pounds down in the first week! that is huge!

Tina - Have you measured yet??? I am going to have one of my friends do it for me because i am so bad about " well is it this or is it that" so let someone else decide, plus that helps to hold me accountable! I have got to get on the ball with the meal planning. I really do have a several ideas just need to get them done!

Robbin - HANG IN THERE GIRL!!! I feel like we both have been fighting the same few pounds for a while now and I truly believe there is a breaking point and I mean for the scale not for us!! We have to stay strong and we will conquer this mountain!

Cheryl - how ya doing lady! Saw the quick fly by and you are off again, huh?

Well would like to say i have been the perfect model of a healthy eater but i have sworn of telling big old fat lies for the new year! SO nothing exciting to report here yet. The emotional thing has really got the better of me right now. So working on getting a grip and hopefully will be joining the 4 pound club real soon!!!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #65  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Gals

Hope everyone survived Monday. I was on a course for work all day.. in fact I am on it all week Nothing like sitting on your butt for 7 hours !!!

Liza ~ CONGRATS on the 4 lbs.. yahoooey !! You have been working your tail off and it paid off.. good for you

Tina ~ a CONGRATS for you too Your menu today sounds yummy

Robbin ~ thanks for flying by... good to see you

Linda ~ yikes, sounds like the bad weather is moving East. We have rain and wind again today, but certainly not as bad as Saturday night. Hope the rest of your day was productive

Erin ~ no lunch box as of yet.. but I am still on the hunt. I may just buy myself some nice tupperware containers (or something similar) that are certain serving sizes. I think that will serve the purpose ! I am totally with you on the PJ's.. love love love them and is pretty much the only clothing that I wear when I am at home !!

Well dinner calls, so I best scoot. Have a great evening, TTYS
Old 01-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #66  

hey gals,

treated myself to a day off yesterday and didnt do any exercise, but feel terribly guilty about it today, havnt had time to do a workout yet today so its gonna have to wait till this evening

louie i could quite easily sit on my butt 24/7 heehee

meowee hope you are feeling better after your hypo, do you get them often?

tina, thanks for the info, im sure if i pushed myself to 20mins id give myself a heart attack so i think its better to ease into it

robbin im sure that 2lbs will drop right back off
Old 01-09-2007, 12:41 PM   #67  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

I supposed trying so slip in unnoticed would not work? I've been playing hooky from the group for about 8-9 months now. I've gained back all I'd lost while keeping company with you fine folks and I'm starting all over again....successfully this time, I hope! Hope you'll not make a big fuss about me being back....I really wish I could do it unnoticed...lol....as if I never left because I wish I hadn't. I'm very impressed with everyone's lossed, although I can't help but wonder where I'd be if I hadn't left all those months ago. No time like the present to make today a new day, huh? I weighed in yesterday at 240....today scales bounce between 239 and 238, so that's a good thing. Water, I know....but I'll take it! Water or not. I'm also wanting to go to a WW meeting tonight. Say a lot of big prayers for me, please. I don't want to gain anymore...I want to watch it melt away. Thanks, guys. I know you all are still the best!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #68  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, I'm back...didn't stay gone long, huh? My mother in law just called me. She has, over the past year, lost about 70 lbs. She weighs about 165 now. She had her teeth pulledd and went thru taking care of her mother dying with cancer. The toll of it all resulted in the weight loss. She called me and asked me if I wanted to start going to ww meetings with her!!! Okay, first of all, I cannot even imagine weighing in front of her...and she's the type that she'd look and be obvious about it even if you told her you didn't want her to look. I tried to graciously tell her no. I wanted to go tonight, but she'll be there. I sooooo do not want to go with her. I'd rather go it alone. I'm stressed now. Just a little background...she and I have attended counseling together to try to help our relationship. I cannot do this!! I'm telling you....I cannot! What a way to begin my weight watcher...with a blow up front. HELP, GUYS!!!! I need encouraging words.....
Old 01-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #69  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hey ladies how is everyone doing today? I am doing better than yesterday and have about 20 minutes of my lunch left and thought I would drop in. The scales were at 220 this morning so I am pretty happy about that. I have calculated all of todays food and will be right on track. I have tried to schedule about 30 minutes of exercise for this evening and hope nothing interrupts it. I haven’t really exercised since I got sick about a month ago and I know I NEED to.

Since I have a few minutes I am gonna try to get in some personals. If I miss you please do not be hurt by it, I am only catching up as far as the last couple of pages and I will try to catch everyone I can.

Tina I wanted to let you know your new pic is just so darn adorable. You are so pretty.

Linda your afternoon yesterday is very weird but it sounds a lot like the type of weather we get here in Oklahoma. The saying is in Oklahoma that if you don’t like the weather stick around for a couple of hours it’ll change.

Erin aren’t those M & M’s the best. A package of them and some cartoons and my kids are set for about an hour. Good thing they aren’t my favorite cause it’s the only candy I will keep in the house. I know you and I have been fighting the same few pounds for quite a while. We are gonna have to do something about this. I just don’t have any clue as to what.

Louie it’s always good to see you to. What did you have for dinner last night? I am always looking for new things to try.

Liza you were right and the 2 pounds did drop back off now just to get the other 5 I gained from the holidays off. Keep you fingers crossed for me.

Gaining (sorry can’t remember your first name) welcome back to the group. You need to remember we are here for you. Even when you aren’t on track coming here will keep your spirits up.

Everyone else (cause I know I missed a lot) I hope you are all having a good day. Congrats to anyone that has lost and sympathy to anyone that hasn’t or has seen a gain.

I guess its now time for me to go back to work. I promise I will not take so long to do personals again.

Love you all.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #70  

hiya losing in la, i dropped out last year about the same time as you and just got back into the group this week, its great to have another whos done the same as me, i gained back more than what i had lost, oh how i wish i could have stuck it out and been down 50 or so lbs by now like the rest of these skinnies.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #71  

robbin you sneaked in while i was posting, ill keep my fingers crossed for you if you cross yours for me

Last edited by AndrewsMum; 01-09-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #72  

well gals just popping in quickly to tell ya iv done my workout, gosh it really helps having this place, before i got on the treadmill i though hmm can i be bothered im bit tired after walking to the shops this afternoon instead of taking the bus but then thought no the girls online will kick my *** if i dont workout heehee!
you'll never guess how long i stayed on the treadmill for......30minutes
now before ya go wow well done i have a confession and a question first.
my treadmill has 3 setting flat slight incline and uphill, now since i got it i've had it on uphill, when i got it outta the box it was on number 3 so i left it on there but today thought id just see what the others were like so put it down to number 1 - flat and it is a lot easier so thats what it was on for my workout just now. still im quite pleased i lasted 30minutes so yay for me!
ok thats my confession out the way now my question, is it better for my weight loss to do a short hard workout or an easier longer workout? tina mentioned the other day that its after 20mins that you really start to burn so does that mean its better to do a longer workout, i guess at the end of the day i burned the same amount cos i stayed on for longer at an easier pace, or did i ? i dont know which should i do keep it at flat and do a 20minute workout and sometimes even push myself to 30 or should i put it back to uphill and only manage to do 10minutes?
Old 01-09-2007, 03:59 PM   #73  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Good afternoon girlies! I hope you are all found well and sticking the pounds and inches to the curb! I had a busy morning, went straight to water aerobics this morning after dropping Alyssa off at school. This is the first day of it opening back up since a week before Christmas. It was well needed! And boy oh boy, what a work out!! After having a good on schedule day yesterday, the scale popped back up to 217...what gives?!! I'll never figure out this body, all I know is to keep trying and keep my spirits up. Having awesome day as far as food goes and water is coming along nicely. I just hope no cravings come up and try to spoil my day. Those buggers are hard to fight!

Robbin, we're getting a dig on those holiday pounds. A few more shovels and we're be back at our tickers. If it doesn't go soon I'll be investing in a snowblower! hehehe! Thanks for the compliment.

Linda, wow, what a weird day. I would totally be freaked out. I remember once I took some gravol (which totally knocks me out) and took a nap. Well, my nap was so good that when I woke up I thought I slept the whole night. Got up took a shower, got ready, ate breakfast, grabbed my school bag and walked to school. Nothing clicked in until I was walking back home from school after finding the doors locked (seeing I was a senior and only in school for a couple of morning classes I thought I missed the memo saying we had a day off) and it started to get darker...light bulb! hahaha! That's a story my family will not let me live down, especially the part where I crossed paths with someone and said good morning!!

Erin, I haven't gotten to my measurements yet. But I fully intend on doing it today. I hear ya, it helps when you have someone do it for you, especially for those moments when you really don't know what it's on. Especially when it comes to your waistline, what do you do? Stand normally or suck in. According to the doc on Oprah, you suck in as much as you can to get the truest measurement. Hang in there girl, get your thoughts and emotions in order and you'll be telling us about some new numbers soon enough!

Louie, having an on track day is something. Whether it's on your butt being seditary or not...your eating is on target! Yay! Thanks for the congrats.

Liza, I gotta give you some congrats! 30 minutes is amazing. No wonder it was so hard for you to stay on for quite awhile. Incline is hard for anyone, let alone a beginner! Keep it flat for a while. It's better keep an elevated heart rate for an extended period of time. If you go all out, you only last a little bit. If you regulate it you'll be burning for a longer period of time at a pace that's doable. It's all about pacing yourself for endurance, thus burning calories for longer. Now, when you've been walking for a while, and used to the routine and feel for some more challenge, it's good do some spurts of energy-bursting running/jogging periodically to get your heart pumping faster and then go back to walking to catch your breath. You'll burn more calories in the length of time your on, and of course you'll burn more calories when you feel you can incline the treadmill again. I hope in all that mumble jumble you're able to make sense of it. Good going girl!!

Wow, Diane! You found us! Glad you're back and making a new beginning. Just wipe the slate clean and another step in the right direction. I can't tell you how many days I've tried and re-tried to get this right. Everybody here can testify to that aswell. I have said earlier, this is more than just a 'diet" to get thinner...it's about making a healthy life style change. There's no race, just days of trying to make a new lifestyle work. Somedays it will be easy and work, and then there are days that are totally off. But that doesn't mean the next day has to be...it's a new start to a new day. And about your MIL attending the same meeting...well, if you plan on staying with the same WW group...then eventually you're going to have to face this "demon", is it better sooner than later...I don't know. Is there another weight watcher meeting in town, or different night you could attend? She did call to try to be a support, maybe she could be your best ali?? How good is your relationship? All the best my dear as you try to figure this one out!

Have an awesome day ladies!
TTFN!
Old 01-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #74  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I'm just popping on quickly to let you all know I'm still around. My son was sick all weekend, and a sick 3 year old and a jealous 2 year old means no time for me. He's fine now. It was weird just that fever all weekend. It got down to around 102 and hovered there for a while.

I weighed Sunday morning, and I'm down 5 lbs. We have a family reunion in May, so my goal is to be in size 12 by then. I'm between a 16 and 18 now.

I'm going to skip on doing personals this time around. Classes start again tomorrow morning, and I'm trying to get completely caught up on housework. I'll pop on tomorrow evening.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #75  

thanks tina and it wasnt mumble jumble at all it made perfect sense oh and i laughed out loud at you saying good morning and walking to school haha!!

nicole well done on the 5lbs and glad your son is feeling better.

well its almost midnight over here so im gonna get to bed all this exercise is making me tired *yawn!

catch you girls tomorow XXX
Closed Thread