Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: HOW MANY TIMES, ON AVERAGE, DO YOU FIND YOURSELF EATING FOODS THAT ARE "OFF PLAN?"
NEVER 3 9.38%
1-2 TIMES A WEEK 15 46.88%
3-5 TIMES A WEEK 11 34.38%
DAILY 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 07:31 PM   #76  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default This is a Long One!!!

Good Wednesday Evening Everyone!

If I could wish for a day to be beautiful, it would be just like the one we have today-it is just soooo beautiful here! The temperatures dipped a little and gave us lows last night in the 60's-today is a high of 75 or there about. Just a picture perfect day.

Got my walk in early this morning since Michael got picked up. Another great walk, not as fast as yesterday, but my second fastest walk, just 15 seconds longer than yesterday. Come tomorrow, I think I'll just be walking at my regular pace.

Well, it's WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!! The scale is up from yesterday, so I'm at 134 today. From last week, it's a loss, but honestly, I'm at the same exact weight I was 1 month ago! So, no cigar here, and no posting on the Weight Loss Board, not til I get under this number. Sharon is so funny, she says that I'm walking like a mad woman and not losing, and here she is not losing and not walking-she'd rather do it this way than kill herself and walk and have no losses. Really, I'm not worried at all, I KNOW the scale will go down. I hope you all have a good WIW today!

Will tomorrow being a major day for me, I just hope and pray my weight stays put or goes down-please, pray to the Diet Godess for me!

Thanks to all of you who have already e-mailed me with some ideas for future polls. If you haven't done so as yet, please let me know if you have any ideas via e-mail. Also, this weeks chat is scheduled for tomorrow night at 9:15pm, so please try to attend.

I ran around with Sharon today-for those of you following the "SHARON SAGA" her husband got served with divorce papers last night. He was suppose to get them Monday, but for some unknown reason, the server went to his job and didn't get to give them to him. She spend last night and Monday night here-she's going home tonight, which I worry about. It seems it's going to be a nasty fight. He cut off her cell phone which was under his name-this is just the beginning it seems

FILLISE, hope your weather has improved by today. Amazing that it's snowing so far south-you and BEACHFAN both deserve some nice warm sunshine! You sure are right about the scales being up and down, but at least on a lower level. Be happy when you lose or stay the same, it's when we gain we have a license to B*TCH! Okay, so being women, we have a license to B*TCH without any restrictions or expirations!!

CATS, glad you came "on board" to say hello. I know it's not always easy to find time to get on for people, but a quick hello is always appreciated and welcomed!! Thanks for the polling questions!

CHERI, thanks for sharing that story about your friend! I truly believe that all the refined products and synthetic ingredients wreck havoc in our systems. Since I've been on SB, I've really become intuned more with what I'm eating and what's in what I'm eating. That is wonderful she was able to get off meds and get into walking! Congrats on walking despite how you are feeling-you go girl-literally! Don't worry about being up, it's dookie, or hormones, water weight, full moon, but definitely not FAT! Just be patient. You'll see the scale go back down.

ROSALIE, I have some dishes in the sink, care to come down and do mine?? CONGRATS on the 2lb loss!!!! Your patience has paid off, way to go! Hope you had fun at your badmiton game. I'll get those tags off those pants soon!!!

DEBSTAHL, sounds like you are having some rough times with all the things going on-the septic tank sounds like a real "stinker" of a problem CONGRATS on your loss. Just keep tabs on yourself so you can keep that sick weight down. You lunch sounds yummy-I love pita bread and use it mostly to make SB legal pizzas. Great about the HFS, let me know if you find anything interesting!!!

STAR, congrats on getting that walk in despite your back, that's a great feeling, isn't it?!? What's wrong with a hamburger? As long as you don't have the bun, or you use a WW bun, what's the problem?? Either way, don't let it consume you in any way, it does no good. Many would say I'm obsessed with this WOE-so, what's their point?

VR, happy to hear you aren't in the part of the state with the heat wave. Though I guess you are getting those black outs. You have the electric problems, we have the water problems. It's always something. RUB IT IN! UGGHHH! How I wish I could of been with you at TJ's. Glad you found that tomato splash-it's delicious when Eli makes it with chicken-I want him to bring home 6 jars of that stuff, at least! I think I better send him with an extra suitcase. Sorry, no input on a guinea pig-though they are cute, I've never had experience with them.

BIGO, WOW GIRL! What have you been eating, or not eating?? Way to go on that tremendous loss! Lucky you!!! I'm jealous! One loss like that and I'd be at goal! Hmmm, that is strange that now you can't post again-let me know what Suzanne says, or if you need some help getting through to her. I absolutely LOVE the latest gif!!!! Oh yes, Sharon just walked in the room, and I told her about your loss, she says CONGRATS, you female dog you!!!! (okay, I was trying to make it less vulgar).

SPARKLE, I know OA isn't for everyone, but whatever works for you, that's what you do! We all have to deal with this issue in our own ways. Some people find their strength through religion, family, friends, meetings and even this board. It's just important that you do something to better your life and the way you feel, that's most important, even before the weight loss. It seems you've made great strides in your life, just continue on, you're doing great! To relieve some stress, why not treat yourself to a massage, or a manicure/pedicure-I personally love foot rubs-they tend to put me to sleep on the couch and eventually sleep like a baby.

JANCAN, sounds like where you run is beautiful. Not like where I walk, on busy main streets inhaling lovely car exhaust! And not to mention, dodging idiot drivers who don't pay attention! Congrats on being down another pound! Finn Crisps and you rock!

BEACH, we'd love for you to come live in Florida-we need more Americans down here! You would just love being here today-it's so beautiful! Glad to hear you are still holding strong-that's great. Thanks for reminding me about those old posts-it enforces why I don't give up, that there is a brighter side around the corner when you are patient.

ANNETTE, I wish I could send you my weight chart from the last month. Like you, I was up and down. Exactly 1 month ago I weighed the exact same weight as today-this happens, but you just need to be patient and get through these times, the scale will move. It's much easier to give in than continue the fight. Don't let others successes get you down, it's not easy for any one of us, but as each of us are so different it takes a different amount of time to lose what we want. Just stick it out, and I promise, you will lose the weight. It's up to you to decide how to go about it-like I've said before, when you are going to eat something off plan, ask yourself, would I rather have this, or stay on plan and be strong-only you can decide. ON THE OTHER HAND, don't you realize that once you start to lift weights, you are going to gain muscle and that could be a reason you gained?? This is why I won't lift weights until I get down BELOW GOAL!!! Oh my, 29 pages, and it's only on page 2, that's scary!!!

BUNNY, gosh how I wish I had a lemon tree!! We use them A LOT in our home, you have no idea!!! Lucky you. You could make the syrup with agave nectar, I bet it would be delicious! I have no idea why you don't have the option to click on SMILIES when you reply. It should be there. If you continue to have trouble let me know and I will contact Suzanne.

KAREN, Congrats on the loss!!! Thanks for that Real Age tip-didn't know that about the flouridated water. I should drink our water, but I don't, drink more bottled water, easier to cart around and take with me in a pinch.

QUILTER, congrats on the loss-you go girl!! Don't ask how or why, just take it and be happy. In all actuality, you shouldn't post a loss that you gained back. That's why I haven't been posting my loss on there-just not too fair. Soon you will be doing so, like me, I hope!!! I use the Jok n Al brand (made in New Zealand). It's actually low carb and made with Splenda. I use only a teaspoon, whereas a Tbl is 10 calories, I think. It's really good. I was happier yesterday than today about the scale, but hey, I know it will go up and down for the rest of my life and it's just a numbers game I have to play with and understand. BTW, Maddie is beautiful!

MELF, that's great to hear you are getting 3.3 mile walks in when you are able, that's a good distance. I got your e-mail, just haven't had time to reply to all my e-mails yet-have to fight for time on the computer lately-I hate it!

OVERCOME, glad to hear your dinner went well, and Pete making fresh pasta, well, geez! What a guy! I would tend to say Stone Ground White WW Flour is fine, but the other one isn't. I've read about it, but haven't been able to find any locally, so will check out their site next time I need some WW flour.

RHROO, hope you got to weigh in, and I hope the scale was kind to you.

VIV, just think positively about your Dad, and stop fretting over What Ifs. It does no one any good. When you get results back, then you can deal with it, but worrying just doesn't help the situation and all parties involved. You've been looking forward to this trip, don't let this put a damper on things if you can help it. Yep, I'm a shorty and yes, when I get to my original goal, I plan to take it down 5lbs more. It may take me 6 months, but that's okay if it does, I just want to get the next 5lbs off of my by the end of April/Mid-May if possible. Got the info about the manicure. I'll take my kids, or at least Lauren shopping up that way since they are out of school and meet you-we'll get all the particulars done when I have a free minute on the computer.

AMSER-CONGRATS on your loss-2lbs is great!! You must be so happy getting below 130, I hope to be saying that in the next month or two. Every milestone is a big deal! Sorry to hear things didn't go as planned for your trip. I'd like to look like that in the future too-blond!! LOL!!! I'm sure you will look stunning in the dress for the wedding!!

LDBLOND, 15lbs in about 1 1/2 months is awesome-way to go. Getting into a 11/12 junior-what can I say-that's wonderful! I'll e-mail you with the zuchiini recipe later.

MARGARET, glad to hear you are down a pound. It will continue to go down as you continue to follow this WOE-just remember, not to get discouraged at the times you may go up, it just happens for no reason sometimes. Other times, you'll know the reason. Hope your dinner comes out well, sounds delicious! I think I have that book-I have too many to remember if I do or not. I have a collection of cookbooks, and I hate to cook-go figure. Congrats on getting that new position next year!!!

FROG, you are too funny! I loved the little jingle! Congrats on being down half way to goal. How much was the loss for you this week??

CATHY, you can do it, and as you said, you just need to put your mind up to it. Don't do it just for the trip to the in-laws, do it because you really WANT to do it. For yourself. Trust me, it doesn't work for other reasons.

Gotta run, Survivor is soon to come on! Lets pray Jerri is given a nice swift kick in the rear off the island tonight!! I;ll try to check in later this evening if possible.

Please remember, TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY AND TOMORROW NIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST

Have a wonderful evening!

Debbie
194/134/129
Miami, FL

Last edited by Debelli; 03-21-2001 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-21-2001, 07:32 PM   #77  

Default SUPPERTIME!!!

Ooooh fellow busters, I just had to tell you what I'm eating right now. I stopped at the store and bot a "mess of greens" (I have no idea what kind they are and cooked them up with the Wiley's season. Mmmmmmmgood. I'll tell you what . . . when ORANGE tells you something is deeee-licious, believe her. I am really enjoying them. Not really sure if they are done, but they've been cooking for at least an hour. AND made my wonderful Salmon patties tonight and instead of using cracker or bread crumbs, I threw in some puffed Kashi. They also turned out really well.

Now I'm going to go read and post, but just had to tell you about my oh-so scrumptious meal.

BBL
Kim
Old 03-21-2001, 10:05 PM   #78  

I’m back. Well, the dinner was really great. I love eating a wonderful meal and having NO GUILT upon finishing it. Can you imagine what great meals we’d come up with if we were all to meet in one huge kitchen. Now that would be one noisy, fun place!

Survivor was a big let down tonight. I knew it was going to be a rehash of previous shows, but please. Do you think the sponsors were pleased with Jerri’s song? Did you hear her say Fiona Apple sings in my key??? Oh GAWD, for all the millions who are in alliance with me on this one . . . GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!! I swear I’m going to stop watching. It’s really getting under my skin.

DEBSTAHL---Thanks for the lunch idea. Your warm sandwich sounds yummy. I think I’ll have to copy it. Do you ever put any veggies on it? I might have to add some wacko veggies like cukes or sprouts or even a pale winter tomato. Thanks for giving us the brand name on that pita. Hey, a misplaced neighbor!!! I’m so glad to hear you are from here. It’s a great place to live. When you’re here in June, let me know if you have time to meet for a coffee. We could go to Starbucks in honor of Deb and Eli. I know you’ll have tons of family to see while you are here, but if you find yourself with some free time, let me know. That would be so much fun. If we do get together, we could go to Wild Oats and shop for goodies that you may have trouble finding in Guam. Good luck with the job hunt. You’ll do really well. I have a feeling about it.

KAREN---Thanks for the email . . .you are so sweet. And congrats on the loss. You are wise to “dig in” before vacation. That’s what I should have done. Please learn from my mistake! Ha!

DIDJA---I hear you talking abou the capris. I tried on at least a million pairs (well maybe just 10) before I found ones that looked good on me. I bought two pairs and fear that I shrunk one pair in the dryer. Boo hoo. Bad cotton!!!!

VIV---Congrats on the weight!!! I’d really love to be sitting on that same number with you right now. But I know you’ll get to goal an dwait for me to meet you there. Right? Survivor is a bunch of old clips tonight that we haven’t seen before. I’m wishing that I don’t watch it, but will probably turn it on anyways. I’d rather read posts and write messages that waste my time with those people. But I feel like I’ll miss something if I don’t watch.

AMSERAPHIM--Congrats on losing two more pounds! That’s great. But sorry to hear about your rough weekend. So glad nobody was hurt and that you all made it home safe and sound. I agree with you . . . DEB is simply the BEST leader and encourager and role model for us. You are so right in singing her praises!!! And I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you and the bridesmaid dress. You can do it . . . just keep downing that water like crazy. You’ll pee away enough to make the dress looser.

BLOND---You have every right to do the beloved happy dance. You are literally working your buns off. You should be very proud of yourself. Way to inspire the rest of us.

CHERI---I would definitely vote for the “dookie” as being the cause of the upswing. Why not try getting on tomorrow morning and see if there’s a difference. I am really getting into this idea of weighing every morning. So far it’s kept me in complete control for two whole days. And that’s really good for me. I’ll bet if you get back on tomorrow some of the will be gone. And I’m so glad that you said you aren’t giving up!!! That is truly the best part of your post. You’ve got such a winning philosophy that I am so sure you will get to your goal!!!!!

BEACH---It’s so good to hear that maintenance is going well for you. Thanks for your pep talk. Your words of encouragement mean so much to me and I know to everyone else. Thank for really looking out for us and for really remembering what we are going through. Please promise to never leave the board until each of us is at goal. Okay?

MARGARET---Way to go on the new job!!! That sounds so exciting. You will have a GREAT summer looking forward to your new position.

ORANGE---5.9 pounds. You are truly THE QUEEN!!!! That is so wonderful . . . I think I’ve just been rendered speechless. Did you do anything different this week from the past week? If so, spill it, sister!!! I sure hope you didn’t cheat this week, because DEB will be really feeling the injustice! Ha!!!!! Did you and Sir Skeeter do the happy dance????

FROG---Loved the rap. You have definitely got some untapped talent. Congrats on being half way there. What a huge accomplishment!! Are you breathing a sigh of relief that you are halfway there?

CATHY---I’m glad you are back. And glad that you feel good about yourself and your efforts. Keep it up! And remember the mantra that was said earlier in the week, “I AM STRONGER THAN ___________(insert the food that’s giving you problems).” That has worked for me more than once this week and I’m so thankful to whoever said it. I need to go back and re-read the posts to properly thank the wise person.

ROSALIE---Thanks for the advice on the jelly!! I’ll have to try it. AND if we can have cooked fruits with other things, what’s wrong with making a pie with ww crust???? Am I dreaming here???? That would be wonderful. Thanks for the tip. I’ll be excited about this for a while and THEN somebody will come on and say “nope, no PIE!” But until then, I’ll have fun planning for it. How’s the badminton going? Have you spiked the birdie into anybody’s face yet? Just kidding. I know you’d never do that.

ANNETTE---Sounds like you are having a much better day today. Remember that you have a ton of friends right here who are really pulling for you to succeed. We will all get through this TOGETHER. Way to keep your head up!!! Somedays are definitely harder than others.

DEB---Can I have an “amen” on the footrubs idea. I LOVE THEM and make poor Paully give me one practially every night of the week. I agree that they are an immediate stress reliever. Also a hand rub can be a wonderful thing. I’ll stop there before I get too personal. You were talking about being the same weight as you were last month, but I have one thing to say. Remember how sick you’ve been? I think the fact that it took practically FOREVER to get rid of that gunk had a terrible reaction on the scale. Your body was all out of wack and now that you’re feeling better, it will start up again. Plus the closer you get to goal, the more stubborn the pounds are. They need that extra little nudge to “leave the premises.” Did you get the Jok n Al at WO or TJs? I agree, Maddie is quite the pretty one. Pity she doesn’t have a good personality to go along with it. Just like the homecoming queens of our pasts (sorry if any board members were h.q.’s . . . i’m not talking about you . . . honest!) I’m glad I didn’t post on the weight loss board. I thought it made sense to not re-count that in the grand total of things.

That’s it for me. Already after 10 and I’m just now finishing the posts. Have to go clean up the kitchen. Where’s ROSALIE when I need her????

Take care.
Kim
185/176/139
Old 03-22-2001, 12:51 AM   #79  

Hey everyone! You are all a bunch of BIG LOSERS!!!!
I am real proud of all of you who hung in there and just DID IT!!! Dosn't it feel great??????? I myself didn't get to a offical scale or time to weigh today but work has one and i had shoes on bla bla it was at night bla bla went to lunch with Hubby bla bla and after i took of some LBS for the big lug boots i am the same - I think! LOL Even so I have excersised all week-gotten alot of BUTT comments and so on!!!
I was reading my Walking Mag. for this month and it was depressing. Obisety is the 2nd leading killer now i guess. This article talked about Diabeates being an epidemic.....my mom has it and its a major reason for my weight loss and for me keeping it off forever. Anyway this article said that if your at risk for getting it -if you have it in the family then a BMI of 23 -25 is what you want also that your more at risk if you had babies over 9 lbs. Just a few factors.....I think at 135 my goal my bmi is going to be 25 hmmmm.....people think i am to thin now then what if i go below? My two boys where over 9 lbs at birth.....hmmmm. And like i said Mommy has it. It also talked about excersise and how important it is I hope you all start to think about working your bodys now that spring is here. I hear alot of excuses from people I know around me at work and you just gotta do it. This article said 40-60 min 5x a week! I thought at goal i could find an ammount of excersise that i could do that i would still maintain my weight -mannnnnn! i won't get out of it huh?
Enough ranting!!!!!!!! I was just alittle depressed but more determined to get to goal and stay there for my kids, me -and my mom to show her she can do it too!!

VIV- sorry about my poor posting i think its due to the 12:00 a.m time that i post -very sleepy! Your doing good with that chocolate! keep it up and hope your doing better -I agree Don't its nasty!

Deb-congrats on the walk! Tomorrow will be a hard day for me -my best friend is going to court for her divorce and i am the hand holder. I talked to her tonight and she was very emotional i think she is starting to morn. I am having a hard time because i have not been through anything like that, but i am supporting her. She is the one that has lost over 80lb since she kicked him to the curb sooooooo tell Sharon she can do it too. I think i sent you the web page she has made. I am so proud of her. They both will make it we just gotta be there for them. Does Sharon have children?? Keep up the great work and thanks for the motivation you give us!

Cheri- I was laughing all day at your dookey comment! i kept thinking of the Limp Bisket song ( i have a teen ager and a hubby in a band!) I did it all for the nookie is a song -i was singing "I blame it all on the dooky yeah the dookey!" you gave me a giggle! you have an awsome attitude! you go girl!

Beach-i have to take my measurments again-i don't think i am 35 inches but i am losing alot in my waist-no waist no butt no boobs! LOL You are right -my favorite quote "its not a race its a journey!"

BOB-WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO thats awsome! where was that stuck???? did ya do the dookey thing!!! Patience has paid off girl!!! You are my idol!!!!

Frog-WOOO HOOOO on the half way point!!! Feels good huh?!

Well gotta go get my beauty sleep-another strom is brewing outside might have to leave early for the court house. Thanks for he motivation everyone.

Rhonda
201.2/143/135
Old 03-22-2001, 01:37 AM   #80  

Default HELLO AGAIN!!!!

Thank you for your warm welcome.

Answer to Deb's question:
Stress, overtime at work, bad back and no motivation may have caused my pit-fall.
I lost 55 in 12 weeks. I have gained back 10 and have not lost any in four months.
I have been unable to exercise for one month due to an old injury. I was eating
great until I had virtually no time to prepare meals. I'm usually gone about 14 hours
each day.

So, for me, exercise is Number One, food is Number Two, stress is Number Three. I know
what to do, I just need ENCOURAGEMENT.

I will read your posts and gather ideas and learn.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!

Hugs, one more time
Old 03-22-2001, 05:59 AM   #81  

Default hello

Hi All~ Or should I say "GOOD MORNING"...

Well you're right Deb I should do it for me not for someone else. But it makes me more determined to do it before vacation, because the last time I saw my MIL she was rude enough to take a picture of my "BIG" backside and then had the gall to give me the picture...But anyway, I love wearing a smaller size(went from a 20 to a 14 so far).

Well I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful thursday. The end of the week is nearing...

I'll check back later after work!

God Bless~
Cathy in Ohio
Old 03-22-2001, 06:34 AM   #82  

Default Mornin' Sleepy Eyes!

Just got on to see if anything happened after I went to bed.

CATHY---when you told your sizes I literally gasped. What a wonderful thing to go down that many sizes! You must feel great. I can't wait to get into a size 14. I have so many things in boxes upstairs that are 14's and some even still have the tags on them. So if I were you, I'd stick my size 14 fanny in every picture your MIL takes. If she is so focused on it, then let her have it, girl!!!! Have a great vacation. After all the hard work you have put in, you deserve it.

RHROO---Your blah, blahs made me laugh . . . and I'm hardly awake.

Scales stayed the same this morning. That's okay, I'm gearing up for a drop this weekend. We are going out Saturday night and am committed to going to a restaurant where I can get a SB favorable meal. Wish me luck. Also going to see that movie with the word dragon in the title. Something crouching????? Anybody see it yet? Heard it had action and a true love story. A perfect date movie.

Have a great day, y'all!!!
Kim
185/176/139
Old 03-22-2001, 06:57 AM   #83  

Default WIW total loss

Y'all are doing GREAT!

I was so excited about posting yesterday that I forgot to say that my loss for last week was 3 pounds!!

Hope to be able to read all the posts and catch up!

I will try to get on for the chat tonight! Hope to see you all online!

Peace,
Frog
Old 03-22-2001, 08:49 AM   #84  

Good morning all

Just a quickie before I get on with my 2 mile walk (video) and get supper started. Had crockpot suppers twice last week and going to make a Crockpot Garbanzo Stew to-day.

Quilter, Fruit pies are legal as long as the crust is made with SGWW flour. I don't usually make pies but I love the APPLE BROWN BETTY that Deb posted a while ago. This has a topping of oatmeal and wheatgerm. Yummy. I've seen the movie CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON. I think this is the one you are referring to. It is a really lovely movie. I enjoyed it very much.

Must go and start walking before I decide I need to eat breakfast first.

Marie
Old 03-22-2001, 09:07 AM   #85  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED

Morning Everybuddy,

Ok, Kim I tried what you said, and so far so good. I removed the automatic cookie and signed in with my
home name.
YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOO SMART!!

Ok, I've got a confession to make.....I LIED ABOUT MY WEIGHT LOSS
I got on the scales this morning and I guess in reality,
I really only lost 4.9 NOT 5.9 I'll take that too I sat down and "ciphered" everything out and boy was my face red!!!! SORRY

I was SO READY for JERRI to be booted...Didn't know it was a flash back show until I started watching. I think she will get it next week. I know that Rodger HAS to be
coming up for departure, I sure do want him to beat Jeri!

I better get to work....

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 03-22-2001 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-22-2001, 09:14 AM   #86  
karen3000

Default Morning!

I'll post more later, but I have two quick questions. I picked up a package of unsweetened carob chips. I tasted them - ick! Anyone have an suggestions, like maybe melt them and add a legal sweetener? Second question, at the same time I got some chocolate roasted bean chips that are not sweetened with refined sugar. The label indicates cane crystals as the sweetener. Anyone know if this would be legal, since it is unrefined? Also, awhile back there was discussion about cane juice. Did anyone ever determine if that was legal, as I see a lot of foods at the HFS using that? I guess that's 3 questions, sorry.

Thanks for the education if anyone knows the answer.

Karen

Old 03-22-2001, 10:08 AM   #87  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default ANOTHER LONG ONE!!!!!

Good Thursday Morning Everyone!

Another glorious day today-it's so beautiful here, if every day was like this I could learn to love Miami!!!

I have a NEW BEST WALKING TIME!!!! I said I was going to take my walk at my normal pace today, then got out there and said "what the heck" and started pounding the pavement-beat my best time by 14 seconds, which doesn't sound like much, but for me it is. My new best time was 58 minutes 18 seconds!!!! I'm feelin good!

Well, today is really an important day for me it's my 1 YEAR SB ANNIVERSARY!!!!! I just wanted to take this time and thank each and every one of you, whether you are new to our board or have been with us for months. Without each of your presence and input on this board, there wouldn't be a board, and I probably would not have been able to celebrate this day. You all have kept me going on the straight and narrow road towards my goal. I've said this in the past, which I repeat often, that staying on this WOE for this long, without cheating is more incredible to me than the weight loss. Also, following this WOE has also given me the strength in resisting eating out of emotions.

For those of you who are newer to the board, you should know that I have always been fat, since I was a baby. Being short didn't help matters. I have vivid memories of things in my life since elementary school having happened to me just for being the "fat girl" Being sung, "fatty fatty two by four", being beaten up in the girls bathroom in 6th grade just for being fat, being dragged to WW with my Grandmother at an early age-this was just the beginning of my problems with my weight.

I tried hard to lose weight, so I'd be liked by friends and family. I would hear from my Grandmother (who is still alive) that I was getting too fat, or she would make rude comments to me. OR, worse yet, she'd go to my parents and ask why they weren't doing something about the problem. None of the diets I was on worked, I ate because I was unhappy, not always because I was hungry. I was in a vicious cycle.

I continued to get fatter through the years. When I got married at 18 1/2 years old, I really ballooned to my highest weight ever. My mother said it seemed like it came on over night. I was 284lbs, and being only 5' 1 1/2 inches tall, it wasn't a pretty sight. I was so unhappy, you have no idea. Not to mention I felt awful and looked much worse. I couldn't even find clothes to fit me. I finally had my stomach stapled in 1984 because I knew I would die if I didn't. I lost weight, big time, but I ended up gaining all but 40lbs back-I didn't deal with the real issues. I had done this for everyone else, not for me.

About 6 years ago that little light bulb that was so dim in my brain finally had a flash of energy and I knew I was ready to lose the weight, for ME! I didn't know what I wanted to do, I had failed at so many other diets in the past, and once I've failed on it, I don't try again, except for WW, and that was only because they kept making it NEW So, I was at a garage sale and found the Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal and started that the following Wednesday. I lost my weight and got to my goal. I had one issue I hadn't contended with, and that was my emotional eating. After our trip to Europe and having gained 10lbs because I ate my way through every country, then coming home to have many problems with our pizzeria and employees, I started to eat due to emotions. The one thing I hadn't done something about, though I knew it was a problem. I kept swearing to myself I wouldn't get about 140, then 150, then it was up to 175. I couldn't get a grip on myself. As I began to gain more and more weight, I felt like I was losing control. I did try WW again, and why I don't learn that this plan, no matter how they revise it, just doesn't work for me. Not only did I gain back what I had lost, but then some. Well, 65 pounds later of a gain, and the reality of seeing 200 again that little light finally gained it's momentum and shined bright in my brain. I felt an energy to take charge of myself once again. And again, I didn't know what I was going to try. I decided to read up on the latest "diets" and looked into whatever was available, spending hours reading, the Schwarzbein Principal, Atkins, CALP, Suzanne Sommers books and Sugar Busters, just to name a few.

I chose SB because it really made so much sense to me. After all the years of cutting fat and calories, and that not working, maybe this book had an idea that was right on the money, for me at least. It seemed healthy, well balanced and I knew I wasn't going to be depriving myself of any one food group. So, this is the plan I chose to follow. Being that I would take chocolate, ice cream and cookies over a well rounded and nutritious meal any day, I knew this WOE was something I would have to do wholeheartedly or not do it at all. Getting through the first 3 days is always the hardest for me, but I made it through with flying colors, and it's been smooth sailing for the past year.

When I started SB, I had envisioned that I would make my goal by October, which of course, didn't happen. As the months went by and I knew this wasn't going to be, it didn't even bother me. I felt good, I was eating healthy, and I had the support of this board. Here I am a year later, still not at goal, but feeling just the same I did all those months ago. I'll get to goal soon, a few more months won't make a big difference one way or another, I've come so far to let that bother me-but I know it's coming!!

I guess what I really wanted to convey to all of you is this CAN work and it does work-it's up to you to make it work. There is no one diet out there that works for everyone, we are so different. BUT, I truly believe that a WOE that is so well rounded works much better than a diet that is more of a fad and puts many restrictions on you.

Again, I just want to say THANK YOU EVERYONE! and here's to the next year!!!!!!

Okay, sorry I got on a roll there....

On the Sharon saga...I got a call last night at midnight, cops where at her house, haven't gotten the full story, she is supposed to call me later this morning after she goes to the courthouse. I know she's fine, but I also knew she shouldn't go home. I'll let you know what's happening. Sorry to bore those of you who don't know what's going on, but others have met her and though she's not on the board, she's also following SB.

QUILTER, I agree, Survivor was a let down, and I'd have much rather of gone to the mall like we had wanted to, but ditched that idea to stay home to watch Survivor. Let's hope Jerri gets the ax next week-she's so evil! Paul is such a good guy like Eli-though Eli has gotten lax on the footrubs lately-he's been working late hours in the evening, so by the time he comes home, I'm dead to the world. I know what you say about the weight and being sick must be true, I'm okay with that, just add another month for me to reach my goal, I figure by mid-May. The jelly I get is from a low-carb store or HFS, but it's a little independent one. They have it on line as well, but if you can find some type of low-carb store in your area, they may carry it there. I love the raspberry and strawberry. Here is their website from NZ, just to give you some info about them: http://www.joknal.co.nz/ and here's one site that sells their jams & jellies: http://www.synergydiet.com/jams.html As for Crouching Tiger movie, it's Michael's favorite movie now, I think he's seen it 5 times-he's dying for me to go see it. I'll wait to see your review of it first. It's really suppose to be wonderful.

RHROO, hope things go well with your friends divorce-I'm sure I will be with Sharon when she goes to court as well. She has an attorney with a wonderful reputation of being a "ball buster" (woman, of course) and I hope she does a great job for her. She has one son, but he's 19 already. I'll give your message to her

ONEMORE, WOW, your weight loss in 12 weeks is not only unbelievable, but a bit scary. That's just way to much weight in such a short time. You lost almost what I did in a years time. I just wonder if the gain and the 4 month plateau has something to do with losing too much too fast. Can you share a little more about yourself, like what weight you started SB at, your goal, etc. You haven't gotten your BIO on the BIO BOARD, so I really don't know where you started and where you are going. Would love to learn more about you, as I'm sure all the other gals on the board would.

CATHY, I tried to lose weight 2 years ago, (again) motivated by my son's upcoming Bar Mitzvah at the time (Nov. 2000). It didn't work, I just wasn't ready to lose it. Not until I decided it was my "time" did I get on the SB wagon and start losing-you can read that from my too long post above. This of course, is just my opinion and my personal experience. For many, an impending wedding, trip, event of some kind and get someone on the wagon to weight loss and be successful-whatever motivates you do it, but again, making yourself the priority for doing this is the main goal!!! Going down to a size 14 pant is a big victory, keep going and soon I'll have to send YOU those size 6 jeans I have shoved in my drawer!!!

FROG, thanks for letting us know you had a 3lb drop-that's wonderful!!! CONGRATS!!!

ROSALIE, hope you are enjoying your walk today. How's the weather been up there???

BIGO, I'm going to whip you with a wet WW noodle for that lie! Hey, we all can't be mathematicians! You are forgiven-still a wonderful loss, and one to be quite proud of!!!

KAREN, can you list the ingredients in the carob chips for us?? No sugars are allowed on SB. Cane juice or cane crystals are a big NO NO

Just got an e-mail from BIGO, where she was able to post earlier, she said she can't now, from work. Hopefully, she'll get this resolved-gosh knows, she needs to get in her "board work" before her "work work", right BIGO? They may think she's having major withdrawls of some kind when she gets the shakes from not being able to post from work!!!

I will get on here and post a couple recipes this evening, remember, it's RECIPE DAY!!! If you have any good SB legal recipes you'd like to share with the board, please post them on the [b]MARCH RECIPE BOARD, located at the following link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2379

Also, don't forget CHAT TONIGHT AT 9:15PM EST!!!!

That's it for me for now, have to get in the shower and get ready to get Michael soon, early release day down here for the kids, and after I get Lauren, I promised to take her to the mall to Penneys.

See you all on the boards later!! Again, thanks for being such wonderful angels in my life

Debbie
194/133.5/129
Miami, FL
Old 03-22-2001, 11:03 AM   #88  
Goddess

Default Deb's One year Anniversary

Morning everyone!

I'm at work, but wanted to take a quick minute to congratulate Debbie for her one year anniversary on SB!

Reading through your post this morning, I can sympathize--been there done that. Tried every diet known to mankind, been up and been down (but mostly up). But you've discovered what we have all had to discover--diets don't work. You have to change your entire attitude, way of life, and your nutritional habits for a lifetime.

I want to thank you for always being such a wonderful inspiration to those of us who are still trying to figure this out, and to change our lives for the better. Your support, your cheerleading and advice really makes a difference to me. I appreciate you--and all my new SB friends on this board!

You go girl!!!!!!

Susan

ps--congratulations to everyone on their weight losses this week! There were some pretty good losers out there this week!
Old 03-22-2001, 12:32 PM   #89  

Hello Ladies,

Good Morning All! What a glorious day here in south Louisiana. 2 days of perfect weather!

Deb, thanks for your post, regarding your journey! It made quite an impact on me. Thanks for sharing!

Work has been sorta hectic this past week! Hopefully next week will be back to normal and I can participate on the board more. As, always I appreciate you all!

Okay, I can't stand it any longer, I've got to tell everyone. I'm about to bust a gut!...I WALKED 1 MILE YESTERDAY!!!!YES!!!
HAPPY DANCE...HAPPY DANCE....HAPPY DANCE
Of course I was dragging butt (literally) but I made it back home.

Got a question for you experts out there: I bought some Polanders All Fruit, thinking it was legal! The label reads that the sugar content is "directly from fruit!" I may have been mislead! I havn't eaten any yet. What do you guys think?

Gotta run. Work is calling!
Star
Old 03-22-2001, 02:29 PM   #90  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default HERE I AM AGAIN

Well, It let me back on....I won't question..but it seems that if I log off and then log back on, it lets me reply.

Deb,
Even though I already know your storey, It still gets me
revved up reading it. CONGRATULATIONS!!
You should be proud of yourself no matter...goal will come...like you tell me, BE PATIENT

You're right about the "board work" a girl has to have priorities!!

Guess I'll try to get just a little something done...

Later
BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 03-22-2001 at 02:34 PM.
Closed Thread