South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats Emma! Good luck Erin. Phase 1 really knocks out cravings!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #167  
chubby punk

S/C/G: tick..tick...boom

Height: 5'5"

I started Phase 1 today. I did quite a bit of food prep last night so that i would have ready-to-go snacks and meals that were on plan. But this morning I tried to eat two "egg muffins" and couldnt finish them, I started gagging. They didnt smell very appealing, and they were chewy and the tops were all wet from being sealed in the fridge before they were 100% cooled down. I have another 10 in the fridge and I hate to waste a dozen eggs by throwing them out. Maybe I should try heating them up tomorrow since I ate them cold today.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I made it through day 7 - yesterday, which was a 13 hour day for me! And today I am down 2.5 pounds for the first week! Not GREAT results, but still decent results

Onwards to week 2 of phase 1! Can't wait for it to be over, I miss carrots!

-Aimee
Old 09-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #169  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

OK, I fell off this weekend. It all started Saturday night when friends were over. They brought a ton of junk with them. Even though I had enough healthy things around, and I held off for a while, I got hungry and started in on some chocolate chip cookies. Ugh, not even homemade, just from a store. I was drinking some wine and I think that makes me more hungry and lowers my resistance so I need to be more careful about that.

Then, Sunday morning. OF COURSE there were leftovers from the night before and of course I felt icky from all the wine, so... well, I won't go into details, but let's just say I didn't even hold out for the good stuff!! Just nasty processed stuff. Why o WHY

Dinner party last night and I already knew it was going to be white pasta. So I brought a salad, but for the most part just gave up and enjoyed the meal, including dessert (with berries at least) and wine.

So I am a bit frustrated with myself that I can do so well for 3 weeks then crash & burn. I am trying to learn from this and some of the key things I have taken away from this weekend are: 1) ALWAYS make sure there is healthy stuff around when people are over, or I am at someone else's house (bring crudites and hummus, for example) 2) eat before going somewhere where less-than-ideal food is being served 3) watch the alcohol - stick to the 1-glass serving, on Phase 2 of course.

Wow, nothing new there. I guess I should add 4) stick to what you plan to do! That's the hard one!

So I'm going to be hanging out on Phase 1 a few more days ...

LaurenBelle - I never got into the egg muffins either, at least not ones made ahead. But some people swear by them, so I don't know... for sure heat them up, at least the wetness will be gone but they might be even more chewy... I often just microwave a beaten egg in a coffee cup (with added cheese, spinach, whatever) - it takes about a minute to cook and for me at least, tastes way better than the baked-ahead eggs.

Aimee - I hear you on the carrots. Look at my ticker - it has carrots and peas on it. Sad.

Erin & Jeanies - to Phase 1 and
Old 09-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 158/148/140

Height: 5'4"

I started Phase 1 today. I picked up a week's worth of food. I didn't care for many recipes in the book. I found a ton of great recipes on here.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #171  
chubby punk

S/C/G: tick..tick...boom

Height: 5'5"

The egg muffins turned out to be much tastier when heated up. I think I will be able to finish them all now, instead of wasting them.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 150/136/125

Height: 5'4''

First day of phase 1 complete here too. Felt pretty good except for this evening when I think I just got too hungry, but nothing sounded terribly appealing. Had some chili for dinner followed by a SF fudgesicle and feeling pretty good now. Amazing how you really don't feel hungry if you avoid sugar!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #173  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Had my day planned well yesterday. Had a binge-y diversion in the afternoon (BAD) but got back on track for dinner (GOOD). Then another diversion in the evening (BAD). Totally emotional, I was annoyed with my husband for some stupid little thing.

What did I learn? Don't keep in the house! We had friends over on the weekend and had some remnants around (the rest is going in the compost & garbage bin today).

And take a walk or go to the gym or make a cup of tea if I am annoyed

Today is a new day
Old 09-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #174  

Day 1 of South Beach. Did atkins a few years ago gained weight back and now starting back to a healthier version.

Is spagetti squash ok for phase 1?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimes View Post
Day 1 of South Beach. Did atkins a few years ago gained weight back and now starting back to a healthier version.

Is spagetti squash ok for phase 1?
Yes, spaghetti squash is fine for Phase I. Check the recipe section...there's a really good recipe for a Baked "Spaghetti" using spaghetti squash. YUM!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #176  

Staying strong on day 4 of phase 1. Last time I did phase 1 I was 17 and in high school and it was AWFUL - I felt sick and shaky all the time. This time I feel surprisingly normal. I think the effort to eat tons of veggies has really helped. I'm down 3 pounds today, and while I'm sure much of that isn't "real" weight, I'm liking seeing the numbers nonetheless!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 158/148/140

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday, I popped a gummy Life-save into my mouth without thinking. I remembered I am doing SBD about three seconds later and spit it out. Other than that, I have stuck to the diet quite well. I am still struggling with eating enough veggies. I didn't have a morning serving of veggies. My mid-day snack will be celery and Laughing Cow cheese. Lunch will be an easy veggie serving to reach. Dinner will have veggies. I tried to drink a V8 this morning. Ugh! I hated it. I haven't weighed myself, but I feel thinner. I notice it in my ribs, arms, neck and chest. Noticing weight loss is always a good feeling!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 224/218/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everybody. My name is Stacy and I have just restarted the SBD. Congrats to all of you who are doing so well! I have done SBD before and lost 35 lbs. I slacked off over the summer and have gained about 15 of that back. I am on again but I'm having problems getting it to come off this time! I don't know what the deal is, I have been following the plan. I usually have eggs for breakfast, salad (lettuce, tomato, and dressing) and a meat, small salad, and veggies for supper. I've been working out, also. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #179  

I'm Stephanie, I have come and gone many times but here I am trying SBD again. So far I am on day 3 and going strong. 5 pounds down and pretty excited, i know it's water weight since im peeing like crazy but still excited! I have been very tired, but not too hugry, though I am making myself eat. Good luck to everyone else starting! Wish me some luck and will power to get through this weekend coming up, that's usually when I crumble! Thanks!

Last edited by swinegeart; 09-23-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #180  

You can do it Stephanie! I'm going to visit my family this week and I'm a little nervous about staying on plan, but I'm going to bring a cooler of SB-friendly snacks and such just to make sure I can eat well and not be a pain to whoever is cooking. And congrats on the 5lb weight loss!
Closed Thread