South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #46  

S/C/G: SW 156/ GW 130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all!

Totally new to SB! I'm struggling a bit through Phase 1 - been working on it for 5 days. Yesterday was TOUGH! Went to a friends for a pool party - and they had all the usuals - potato chips, baked beans loaded w/brown sugar, brownies, rice crispie treats and, of course, beer and frozen drinks! UGH! I planned ahead and took a platter of SB friendly veggies and dip, and even made a SB-safe broccoli salad. Ate my burger (only meat option) without bread, and constantly sucked down bottle after bottle of water - just so I wouldn't eat. I did trip up and eat a small brownie before leaving - and today hasn't been much easier - all I want to do is snack!

How do you handle situations like that? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we go to this friend's house often. And do things get easier when you have a regular routine? I am currently still on my summer break from teaching (starting back with teacher meetings tomorrow!) and it has been a bit tough.

Thanks!
Steph

Last edited by StepSpen; 08-16-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/182/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello All!

Today is Day 1 of Phase 1 of SBD for me. I have done SBD before and lost 60lbs and unfortunately gained some back 2 years later
Just needed some suport as I know it'll help get me back to my goal!
Thanks!

StepSpen, before when I lost weight on SB it got way easier once I had the routine down, it will get easier for you too.
Good luck to you!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #48  
Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 194/194/150

Height: 5'9"

hi all. i started phase 1 today. i'm still at work so it hasn't been too hard for me to cheat since i work in a medical office where there's no food for miles around... but i know when i get home there will be temptation aplenty. so far so good. nice to see this thread and that there's so many others doing this!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

I'm almost finished with Phase 1 and getting a little nervous about starting to reintroduce the fruits and grains, think I'll give the book a look tonight. This should be my last day, but I'm going to do two more since on Friday I ended up in a situation where pizza was the only lunch option. I think I'm only down about four pounds overall, but I was already counting calories and exercising before I started doing Phase 1 so I didn't really expect to lose that much.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #50  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

I'm on day 10 of Phase 1, and I must confess that I've had a couple of VERY stressful days and my eating plan has not been good! I'm really annoyed with myself because I did so well last week. I will definitely be continuing Phase 1 for a few extra days!!

Stepspen, I too have been on summer break (I'm a support assistant in school), and will be returning to work tomorrow for prep days prior to the children starting next Monday. I'm hoping that I'll get into a better routine when I'm back at work!

Also, once I'm back at work, I'll be getting back into the routine of regular exercise ... my gym and swimming pool is very close to where I work, so I tend to have a routine of dropping in there when I leave work ... but being on summer break for the past few weeks I seem to have got out of the routine of going there!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #51  
Doing this MY way!!!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'2.5

Hello Beachers!

I started Phase 1 today and I feel unstoppable!!! The day went well with no hunger, and hardly any cravings. I got really sleepy after exercise but I made it! Now on to day 2!

Can someone please tell me if the dessert is required? I really don't want to consume too much artificial sweetners and I am satisfied with everything else.

For all the ones that messed up: Tomorrow is a new day! Pick yourself up and try again! You can do it!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #52  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

It has been such a long time since I've been on P1, but lately there have been too many off plan days and it's starting to cause bad cravings. so...here i am!

Not sure how long I will stay on...I guess I will start with 3-4 days and go from there.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #53  

Question

In my first week I lost 6 pounds it was great, now for the last 3 weeks I have been up and down, but not gone past the 6 pound mark. I am still doing everything the same as in week 1.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 190/182/150

Day 2 here I come! Did great yesterday, filled up on veggies BIG TIME!!! Jillian Michaels and Leslie Sanson kicked my butt also! Working on not burning myself out with the same foods all the time, this time around.

quietstorm970 - Dessert is the only snack on P1 that is not mandatory.

Good luck to you all!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #55  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

lindsay'smommy - could you post a sample menu from a typical day?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #56  

I haven't had the chance to check in, but I'm hanging in there! Day 9 and around 5 lbs down! I've stuck to the program really well even in the face of temptation. I'm holding on to a little light at the end of the tunnel. It's my niece's 3rd birthday on Sunday and I promised myself if I could stick to it then I could indulge in a small piece of her birthday cake. I'm doing pretty well, so I'm not worried about 1 indulgence.

New favorite discovery? Greek yogurt. Who knew that plain yogurt with a li'l addition of this and that could be so yummy?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #57  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Hi to all beachers!

Natasha - you were right, it can be done while travelling. There were sometimes when I did not make the best choice, but overall it was good. And I am looking forward to getting back to my veggies!!

I will be moving to phase 2 on Tuesday - I can't wait to get some fruit back!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 242.6/236/140

Height: 5'7"

Only 3 more days of phase 1. There's been a few minor mishaps but nothing absolutely terrible.

Question though. Next weekend is bf's birthday and he's planning a major bar night already. I've decided to be the dd so I feel better and have a great excuse not to drink anything. However, Saturday and Sunday a friend and I are leaving town to go to school and she's already planning going to the bar afterwards or a trip to Olive Garden...I need to look at their menu before we go. But my question is would it be a good idea to stay on phase 1 until after this mess of a weekend or should I try moving on in spite of all that?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 226/SeeTicker/170

I am moving out of Phase I today, but I'm still doing a Phase 1.5 kinda thing. Basically I'm trying to re-introduce the good carbs in a slow way so I don't go overboard. That was one of my weaknesses last time. I can't wait to get some fruit again!!

I know I didn't lose nearly as much weight this time of Phase 1 as I did last time I did it, and that really is disappointing. But I don't think I'd fallen off the Phase 2 wagon as badly as I thought. Plus I had the day I managed to screw up, and my TOM interfering to. At least I am down...and a visit to the doctor yesterday told me I was down 12 pounds since the end of May!
Old 08-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 221/211/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey all! I just registered as I'm doing this thing alone here at the house and may need some online support! I'm on day 3 of phase one, haven't done SB before, but so far, it's going all right. I'm down four to five pounds and that's sure keeping me motivated to eat the damn eggs in the morning. Though it feels odder than odd to eat eggs with no toast. I suppose that's what it's working though, so I'm gonna continue as is. This morning I had an omelet with tomato and mushrooms and a bit of cheese for added gooiness. It was delish.

I decided to start SOMETHING and I'd heard so much good about SB so the other night when I was reading through here, I found out about the strict first two weeks and lo and behold, it's going to take me right up to my vacation to complete them! What better motivation to stay on track than the thought of the beach. Especially knowing that once I'm moving from Phase one to two, eating at the beach will not be a chore or a hazard. Lots of seafood and veggies, yum. I can do that.

Seems sugar cravings are starting to fall to the side, though I'm grouchy as ****. Come to think of it, that may be PMS. Anyway, best wishes to everyone slogging through today and just THINK of all the yumminess we can eat in Phase Two and STILL be losing!
Closed Thread