South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #31  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

iminsanediego - thanks for the advice about the Greek yogurt, I'm off to the shops this morning to stock up! I had ordinary no fat plain yogurt today with some vanilla in it ... not too bad, and it was a nice change from the eggs!

Unfortunately, living in Hong Kong, there are lots of low fat/fat free/no sugar foods that simply aren't available here, so I'll definitely struggle to find any cocoa powder that would be allowed on SBD but it does sound good! I'm on a mission today to find low fat, or fat free, cheeses ... dying to try the Ricotta Muffins for breakfast! I have seen some in the past, but it all depends whether they've had a delivery from overseas, as they don't make it here, so most things like this are imported from UK/US/Austrailia ... fingers crossed!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #32  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by museumchick View Post
B: Egg white omelet with LF cheese and some bacon pieces, metamucil
S: Sugar free jello cup
L: One hard boiled egg, half a red pepper with 2 wedges light laughing cow cheese
S: Ooops! I knew I forgot something while I was cleaning my old place!
D: There was a recipe here for a taco type soup. Gunna have that tonight!
I would increase your veggies. Supposed to eat 4 1/2 cups daily & it's suggested to eat them at every meal.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 226/SeeTicker/170

Height: 5'8"

I know, but unfortunately I'm kinda out of them and until payday I'm stuck. Should be picking up some more this weekend. I actually changed dinner after I wrote that and had a Zesty Chicken and Black Bean recipe from here on a bed of lettuce...it was fabulous!! And I have enough left over to make a snack of it now :-)
Old 08-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #34  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

So ladies...I have become constipated. This is very frustrating. I gained 2 lbs a few days ago and then got them to come off but now the scale has not moved in two days. Frustrating. I started taking Metmucil last night although this morning I cheated. Have a bagel breakfast sandwich. I got really frustrating with not being able to eat what I wanted so I created a complete South Beach Phase 1 sin. Although it was delicious and amazing....in every single morsel of bread ....I feel guilty as ****! I am hitting the gym tonight to make up for it but...ugh I just am terrified to see what the scale has to say about it tomorrow morning!!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #35  

It's OK Shelly...we all know that feeling! Just don't let that "sin" from this morning carry through. Getting back to Phase 1 tomorrow will be better than letting it defeat you.

As for the Metamucil...that will help the constipation. But you have to take it as directed on the jar. Three times a day, and it might take a day to kick in. But once it does, you'll be grateful!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:24 AM   #36  

Shelly, don't fret ... anyone who does Phase 1 for 2 weeks and can swear absolutely that they have been 100% on plan, I find very impressive and I take my hat off to them. I went out last night with my family for dinner ... I wasn't 100% on plan, but I've done great the rest of the time, and you know what? ... life isn't perfect, there's always going to be things that get in our way (life happens!) and I figure as long as you are on plan for the majority of the time, then one slip up isn't going to undo all the good you've done previously, as long as you get straight back on plan afterwards. And try not to be a slave to the scale ... if you're constipated, and also worried about going off plan and what the scale will register, then give yourself a few days of being back on plan before you weigh yourself again ... there's nothing more disheartening than seeing the scale not budge, or go up. If you weigh yourself more than once a week, the scales can go up and down from day to day, regardless of how well you've stayed on plan, due to water, or being constipated, etc.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #37  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Ill finish a week of Phase 1 today. By my scale, I've lost 3 pounds, and I've trusted my scale, but at the doctor's office yesterday, mid-afternoon, after two meals, fully clothed and in shoes, I weighed exactly what I'd weighed on my home scale, no food, no clothes. I hate not knowing what I weigh! That's the one thing I miss about weight watchers.

B - 2 scrambled eggs
S. - yogurt
L - chicken soup with lots of vegetables
S - hummus and veg
D - not sure yet

Last edited by Xan; 08-14-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #38  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Day 3 today - Yesterday was not as tough as day 1. I am a little concerned about traveling on phase 1, but I guess we'll see.

Shelly - I hope you feel better!

Hong Kong - I like your outlook!

Xan - congrats on the loss!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:11 PM   #39  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

So I had a bit of a break down yesterday and cheated...horribly! Ironically though...I am down a lb this morning. Thank you Metamucil!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #40  

Speaking of cheating...I cheated yesterday! :-( I felt like crap because the night before I was working late at a public event where they served free BBQ stuff and I manged to stay away from the chips, baked beans and even the Dilly Bar from DQ and just ate the hamburger (after I took it off the bun).

Saturday I was out of town all day with my BF, and I was running around like crazy because I was getting confirmed and stuff. Missed breakfast before we left, and when we all hit lunch there was basically nothing where we went that I could eat. I didn't do too badly, but it was a definite cheat day:
Breakfast: Missed
Lunch: Chicken Ceaser on Pita bread, a few french fries
Snack: Frozen mocha frappe
Dinner: Beef taco, potato ole's, Dr. Pepper

So today I'm back on. I feel crappy because the last time I did phase 1 I managed not to cheat at all. Guess I just need to be better prepared...and maybe do an extra day or so on Phase 1.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
Day 3 today - Yesterday was not as tough as day 1. I am a little concerned about traveling on phase 1, but I guess we'll see.
You can do it!!! I was at the beach all this weekend, which makes it kind of easy b/c of the amount of fresh seafood around, but most of what I had was Phase I friendly (even though I'm on Phase II). When I was on Phase I and ate out I really liked doing Mexican b/c I could have the fajitas and just have them leave off the rice and tortillas and give me more lettuce.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #42  
Doing this MY way!!!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'2.5

Hi Everyone,

I'm excited since I will be starting Phase 1 tomorrow. I already have my food cooked and ready for the week and I cant wait to get some more of this weight off!!! Good luck to everyone!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:54 AM   #43  

Well, I survived the weekend (just about!), although I won't say that it wasn't without any hitches ... I tried my best considering that I had dinner out on Friday & Saturday Anyway, I'm back on track 100% as of today, so we'll see what happens at my next weigh-in on Friday
Old 08-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 242.6/236/140

Height: 5'7"

Week 2 starts today. It was a rough weekend so food kinda went downhill. Nothing I can't come back from and nothing like that first attempt, but some less than wise decisions were made. Didn't even get to the gym, but I did clean for 3 straight hours and my house is super shiny now.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #45  

Week two starts today, and so far so good :-) I'll have to stay on a bit because I cheated on Saturday, but my scale this morning said I was 2 pounds down! It would have been more without the cheating...but it's also my TOM so that's probably throwing things off too.

Went to the gym today for 90 minutes, so that's awesome too! My motivation is way up!!!
Closed Thread