Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

I've been doing some thinking, and I think that I am going to start weaning myself off bars and shakes and onto "real" food. There are two primary reasons for this, 1. the bars and shakes are expensive 2. I think it will be more reasonable and sustainable long term to learn how to eat real food, in 5-6 small meals a day at a controlled calorie/carb limit than to lose it all relying on "temporary" food.

This is just me, and my thinking may be flawed, who knows. I am going to go slowly, breakfast is hardest for me because I am SOOO not a morning person, I have to drag myself out of bed daily, I really love to sleep. So if I can get up 20 minutes early and have some egg beaters and whole wheat toast for breakfast everyday for a week or two then I'll be fairly confident that I can move forward with my plan.

Working this week on getting the Thanksgiving weight off and stepping up the exercise.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #137  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hi Kristi! Sorry WS isn't working out for you! It IS expensive no doubt! And for sure is a temporary fix to a lifelong problem! I think your plan is VERY do-able, just be sure to keep loggin your food/calorie intake or it'll creep up on ya quickly! That's my problem. As long as I'm loggin my calories in I can see what's going on, but the first meal I don't log - there she blows! I've regained some control over my eating this week -yeah I know it's only Wednesday, but so far 3 days in and 3 days good! I've been loggin everything - and been getting ALL my water in! I watched the Impatient Dieter videos last weekend and it got me all motivated again! And I realized that I don't have to drink straight water all day - I can mix it with the SF kool-aid and still loose - I do have to count that 5 cals per bottle - but it's well worth it to get it in! In doing so good this week I am already back to my pre-turkey day weight; holding at 232! So I'm hoping to see 50 pounds gone by this Friday (I'm just 3 pounds away from that)! Im not sticking to 1200 or less cals - but am trying to stay below 1500; I figure at my current weight that's do-able for me, and I don't feel like I'm starving/deprived. I know I can't stick to less than 1500 forever, will have to drop below that to drop more pounds - but its a heck of alot better than the 3000+ I was eating just 7 months ago, and will hopefully help me get thru the holidays and still loose some! Please still check in w/ us here - when it's quiet I feel like I'm in here all alone, chuggin' and pluggin' away...I do like company and encouragement!

It's finally quitting time...hope you have a good night!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #138  

Wonderslim is working for me (the modified version I am using anyway ) its just that I think that real food is more sustainable for me along with the small meal principal. I lost 60+ pounds 5 years ago counting calories and not exercising, just didnt keep it off. So this time I'm trying to learn better habits, exercise and small meals.

Awesome on your success this week! I'm working to get my turkey day (week) weight off!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #139  
Calorie Cutting Queen

I'm diggin' those Capella flavor drops! Not so much on the sweetener though..it's chemically tasting - but I think the flavors w/ a packet of splenda are right on target for a super yummy shake! YAY!

Still doing good this week! Jumped on the scale today and I'm down another 1/2 pound...so 47.5...maybe I won't hit 50 by tomorrow, but I will for sure be there or more by our Christmas trip in 2 weeks!

Yall gettin all your holiday shopping done??
Old 12-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #140  

Kristi(kins) - I still have not ordered those darn things! LOL I am trying to finish off the flavors I have off first. Congrats on the loss and I am sure that 50 is just around the corner! How awesome!!

My Christmas shopping is just about done. While my brave boyfriend went out shopping Thanksgiving night and Black Friday, I did all of my shopping online. His daughter is done, his mom is done, his step mom needs 1 more thing, his dad needs a little something else, my mom needs a little something else, and there is 1 more thing from me to him that I need to order. Until I met him I was done with Christmas in July! LOL

Kristi (keziah23) - You are right, it is a bit expensive, but it is a great training tool to get you on track with portion control and getting in to the habit of eating more protien , more often, and smaller meals. That is the only reason I decided to purchase it. I was able to use coupons and sales to get about 5-6 weeks worth of food for super duper cheap. I am slowly mixing in things like:

Egg whites or egg beaters instead of the omelet

GNC Total Lean or Jillian Michaels protein shakes instead of the shakes/puddings. I add a bit of benefiber to these as well.

I use Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones for my lunches. Many of these have a great protien count for being a frozen meal.

For the hot drinks and soups I have substituted Lipton cup of soup.

For the oatmeal I substitute McCanns Irish Oats

For the cereal many here use Kashi

Special K makes protein water mix packets, this is a low cal option to add more protein to your diet.

So, there are things you can do to mix it up a bit and be a bit more budget friendly.

These things are very inexpensive and on sale quite often. I find adding these to my WS foods help to make it last longer. I hope that by the time my boxes of food are gone I have my portion back under control. I have been really slow to use substitutions and I do not do it all the time. Just a few here and there.

There will be things I might always order, like I love the cheesecake! And the honey mustard Bariwise dressing is yummy!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #141  

irishchik-thanks for those suggestions!

Its been such a day. Woke up in a bad mood, much frustration at work, decided to have a bag of popcorn for lunch because I felt the need to crunch and chew, put it in the microwave and my phone rang so the popcorn burned to black bits and smoked up the entire office. I'm really glad I've got camera club tonight at a local bistro, I think I'll have a drink!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by keziah23 View Post
irishchik-thanks for those suggestions!

Its been such a day. Woke up in a bad mood, much frustration at work, decided to have a bag of popcorn for lunch because I felt the need to crunch and chew, put it in the microwave and my phone rang so the popcorn burned to black bits and smoked up the entire office. I'm really glad I've got camera club tonight at a local bistro, I think I'll have a drink!
Nothing ruins my day more than a burnt bag of popcorn!! OMG! Doesn't happen to me too much anymore. I finally broke down and got an airpopper so that I could add my own butter and flavors. Microwave is just for in a pinch!

But I can relate to those day. I am having one right now. I bought a new laptop to replace my mini and my desktop (which was on its last leg being over 5yrs old) and I purchased a new desk and bookcase at Staples on Black Friday. I had the BF put them together today and I tried to work in the bedroom ( I work from home as a writer and I had homework to do) on the laptop. But between him , the 2 dogs and the cat, I did not get much done. So here it is almost 5pm and I caved. I don't have time to cook, so I ordered a sandwich from the local pizza place to be delivered. I am going to eat a large salad with it, which I premade a huge bowl the other day!

Eh...life happens. We can't be perfect all the time.

Last edited by irishchik; 12-02-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #143  
Calorie Cutting Queen

It's nice to hear that others have crappy days too! Makes us realize that we're not in this thing called life all alone! With that said, I've done sooo good this week!!! YAY ME!! I'm down 48 pounds and am thrilled that the scale is moving in the right direction (or shall I say left direction!)!! It feels good that I have this renewed drive for my weight loss efforts! And TOOT TOOT...I must toot my horn here - I had a project grad meeting last night (officers) - we meet once a month before the BIG meeting each month to discuss what's going on and what's coming up and any issues that need to be resolved...we are starting a new fundraiser effective our next meeting...Little Debbies...OMG can you imagine!!! Well, the lady in charge of that fundraiser had all the ins and outs on it for us last night, along with SAMPLES...I didn't even touch one! Oh I wanted to...chocolate covered honey buns...but I didn't! I've worked too hard this week writing all my food down and keeping up with it, making sure I've got my water in, etc...I wasn't gonna ruin a weeks worth of that for 1 honey bun! BUT, the weekend is here now and I'm hoping to stick to my guns! Hopefully by Monday I can announce that I finally hit the 50 mark!....fingers crossed and prayers said!

Yall enjoy the day..It's finally FRIDAY!!! YAY!!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #144  

Things got better last night, I went to my camera club meeting, had some goat cheese and french bread and a cocktail. I was at about 1500 calories total for the day and I'm okay with that.

Haven't been doing well on the water this week for some reason, have to step that up. Have lost 3.8 of my 7.4lb Thanksgiving binge weight, hope to lost the rest of it by Monday weigh in but I'm afraid that may be wishful thinking.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:56 PM   #145  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

It's official: I'm a glutton. I was at a conference all week, along with enough WS products to get me through. Oh, I had those, but I also had other crap. I even mapquested Krispy Kremes and ate 6 of them within 12 hours.

But the good news: tomorrow I get back on track. And, when I went shopping yesterday, I fit into size 14 clothes. I have been a solid 16 for years.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #146  
Calorie Cutting Queen

SAWWEETT Meg!!! Sometimes we have to give in to our desires or we'll just end up wanting it more and more until it finally consumes us...No doubt those KK's were fresh...mmmmmm...I can taste one melting in my mouth now...YUM! Congrats on your size 14's girl..I'm looking forward to that one day!

I've been SO good this whole week and even today (so far!)...we have my work Xmas party tonight - so I'm certain I'll be having dessert - but I ordered chicken Diane as my main...BUT I've done really good all day too..so maybe it won't be so bad!

Got my hair done today! I was in MUCH need of color and a trim...instead of the trim I decided on a new do...it's the Jennifer Anniston from the 90's, but looks so good on my head - with all this super thick curly hair, it's got body to spare! Looking forward to getting all dolled up in just a few minutes...maybe I'll post a pic of hubs and me!!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #147  

Day 1 of the "eat something besides a bar or shake for breakfast" experiment. I had 1/2 cup of egg beaters and 2 slices of Healthy Life bread for breakfast (as a sandwich eaten in the car )
130 calories
12 carbs
16 protein

My regular bar would be
170 Calories
12 carbs
15 protein

I can't believe how FILLING it was! I ate that about 8:15 (running late this morning as Monday is "measurements" day). At 11am when I am usually starving if I have not had my morning snack, I was only mildly hungry. I ate 1.5 ounce of lowfat cheddar cheese and a small orange.

Lunch is a ham and turkey sandwich with healthy life bread, 1 cup of light progresso soup and a 60 cal packet of prunes ( l love prunes)

Afternoon snack is vanilla greek yogurt

Dinner is a HUGE salad with grilled chicken

Haven't decided on post workout/evening snack yet, maybe a bar or an apple & some cheese.

All that is around 1200 calories.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #148  

I am finally back on the treadmill! I did 45min today after about 2 months off! I am also (So far) back on track with the plan. I am going to the grocery store tonight and plan to get some protein powder and lean cuisines to supplement my program food. I am getting bored of soups and macaroni!
Old 12-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #149  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Hi all! The weekend was ho-hum for me with my plan...I did good on Sat - until we got to the restaurant - bread, full fat dressing on salad, and CARAMEL PIE...YUm...so that wasn't sooo bad...but yesterday we had a pot luck meal after church services - again, not too bad...but then last night was our ladies bible class party; so yet another dessert...and full fat dressing on the salad (why didn't I remember to pack my DD HM??)....Was going to be on point for today - BUT...my son called me around 9 this morning with horrible pain - lower back...he came to my office and was in tears; so off to the ER we went (I could tell he was really hurting, and was thinking kidney stone)...after 4 hours we finally got to leave - yep a kidney stone alright...sent us home with pain meds to try to pass it. He went home and I'm at work - starving, had a small Wendy's burger and fries and then a huge bowl of HN cheerios...so I guess today is off the books..tomorrow I'll jump back on and hopefully there won't be anything crazy weird with the day!
Old 12-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #150  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Oh...the Capella's sweetener...is pretty chemically tasting..not sure if I mentioned that or not. JIC someone wants to try some...I've been doing the flavors w/ a splenda packet though and it's GREAT! Also Irish - you mentioned the V or Caramel syrup at Dollar General for a buck...I got some of that too..it's good but not sweet enough - so again I've added a packet of splenda and it's great! Not too bad for ONE dollar!
Closed Thread