Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 158/158/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the newbies! Nice to have you here and looking forward to sharing this journey with you.

sperkins - Don't give up!!! Surely the diet just need a little tweaking.
Lets see:
[*]Are you getting in all the shakes?
[*] Are you doing the 1000 cal or 1200 cal? I bet you are not getting enough calories - sounds odd to us dieters, but for me any time I hit a plataeu of any kind I need to loosen up and not be so restrictive and I usually start losing again. Especially if you are on your feet running around all day.
[*] I would also suggest making sure you are getting in your good fats. Try taking some good omega 3's. My sister just paid big bucks to a diet center for a program similar to ours and they suggested she take 3 (yes 3!) 1000mg Omega 3's before bed each night. They said it would help with weight loss and cravings.
[*]You can also call diet direct and talk to one of their counselors they may have some tips.
[*] I agree completely with mollymai. I was stuck for about 2-3 weeks at the same weight. I had been keeping track of my measurements and my body fat % though and both were going down which kept me on track.
[*]Don't eat before bed. I also work in a hospital - 12hour shifts so I usually get home about 1930. I have been eating my real food meal at lunch in the hospital and then just having a shake when I get home as I'm usually pretty wiped out anyway.
Hope this helps - keep us updated and don't give up!!

BBBelly - where are you? How is Insanity going?

Margie - how is your loss going?

Okay girls - I've commented before on how much I like the WS hotcakes. So I ventured out and got the Bariwise blueberry pancakes. All I can say it DON'T!! They were absolutely disgusting. The first batch I couldn't scrape off the skillet and the second batch I got off but they tasted like spongy, rubbery yuck! I've used two packets so I don't guess diet direct will let me send them back but I am going to call and ask - they are that bad!!

Last edited by TNBabyRN; 03-15-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

newbies! sperkins921 don't let it get you down! It will work just keep truckin...i know we like to see results in numbers right away...so try measuring, but i think TNBaby might be on to something about you not getting enough calories. I've been at a plateau for a couple of weeks myself and this weekend i actually let myself eat some things i wouldn't normally...nothing crazy but had some more healthy carbs and stuff than i do on the plan, had an antelope burger (very yummy and lean by the way) and when i weighed this morning i'm down 1 lb. Not a huge loss...but i was expecting a gain..and its the motivation i need to keep truckin! Just please don't give up, we are here for you!

TNBabyRN- Thanks for checking up on me! I actually had to stop doing the insanity until i get my cardio built up some! I literally felt like getting sick after and during the workouts they were so brutal!..and i just can't stick to something like that! So i'm going back to my turbo jam (which i absolutely love!) until my cardio is better...then i'll give Insanity another shot! I will do it! Good luck ladies with weigh-ins this week!

Last edited by byebyebelly; 03-15-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 148.6/142.6/120

Height: 5 ft.

I just tracked my order that I made Sunday. It's already processed and on its way....whoopee!!! Lol. I ordered early thinking it might take almost 2 weeks to be delivered like the stuff I ordered from Med Source Life did. I like to start my diets on Sundays or Mondays, so it looks like this week is my last one to eat what I want week for a while. If the order had taken 2 weeks, it would have been at a better time since spring break would have given me time to get used to everything. (I work in a school). But I'm committed. Good luck to all of us.

Oh, and Sperkins....don't let a little plateau get the best of you. Those pounds will come off!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #199  

It just dawned on me today that I have actually made it to the healthy weight range for my height (on most graphs anyway). Have been in the overweight/overfat slot for a long time now. I can't believe it. Wonder if my Wii Fit will still call me overweight - probably - I really despise that little machine.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #200  

Quote:
Originally Posted by REGEE View Post
Day 3 for me today. Moving right along. I'm waiting for my Wii Biggest Loser game to get here! I've been doing wii fit & it's WAYYYYY boring now!!

Can someone help me w/this WS double choc. cake? Is there something I'm doing wrong? I follow the directions. It's so yucky to me I cann't eat but about half of it, & that's with loads of coffee!!!

I won't weight til Monday..............................I'm really liking this! Of course, I miss 'real food', but I can do this!!!

Happy Hump Day!
How is the Biggest Loser working out for you? I should have asked, have you received it yet? I just purchased a Wii and so far I got the EA Sports Active and I like it so far. I need to build up strength to workout on it more.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #201  

Unhappy

Thank you all for your positive words of encouragement! something has to give! I will try the omega 3 fats and healthy fats like flax and the like. I weighed myself this morning (hadn't done so since my post) and guess what the scale said? 191.4 *headdesk*

It's hard for me to slide even a bit bc then I start to slide even more. And not to mention when you're living in a hospital you are wary of the food. Even the good for you salad dressings are loaded in fat and caloreis.

Oh girls I'm trying to hang in there but it's getting harder and harder to do!

-Nikki
Old 03-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #202  

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Thank you all for your positive words of encouragement! something has to give! I will try the omega 3 fats and healthy fats like flax and the like. I weighed myself this morning (hadn't done so since my post) and guess what the scale said? 191.4 *headdesk*

It's hard for me to slide even a bit bc then I start to slide even more. And not to mention when you're living in a hospital you are wary of the food. Even the good for you salad dressings are loaded in fat and caloreis.

Oh girls I'm trying to hang in there but it's getting harder and harder to do!

-Nikki
Nikki - So sorry you are not losing weight yet. I've been on Wonderslim for months and been really happy with the program. Are you on the 1,000 or 1,200 a day program?

I don't think you could restrict your calories that much without losing fat. I wonder if your weight is not telling the whole story. Are you weighing at the same time of the day with no clothes on the same scale? Does the scale have fresh batteries? You can also try measuring. Maybe you are losing inches?

Keep us updated and stay strong.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #203  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 210/207.4/130

Height: 5'3"

I agree Nikki - you can do it. Shake things up a bit - maybe even try going off the diet for a while and hopping back on the rev your losing juices! You've gotten some great advice here, just stick with it and you will get past the hump. I know for me the plateaus are dangerous too, but you'll make it through!
I haven't been very active ladies due to life interrupting, but I've been sticking with the WS style more every day. Hopefully we'll all keep seeing the results we love!!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #204  

Ohhh and I forgot - yeah TNBABY!!! I can't wait to say the same thing! Good work! Good job byebyebelly!!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #205  

Congrats to those who've met with such success on the programs!

TNBaby- I AGREE. Much as I love my Wiifit, I do despise being told in such a smug manner that yes, I am indeed a fat ***. As.if.I.didn't.already.know?!?!?!

I decided to eat off plan today and see if I have any weight change in the AM. I am scared that being off plan for roughly 3 weeks did something to my body and maybe now it won't drop weight being on a restrictive diet. I always was the type who could NOT lose weight merely by not eating. I mean, i know that we say no one does, but even when I got say the flu and couldn't eat for 4 days- I would not lose a pound. Others I know would lose like 5 or something. My hubby swears that my body is just uber efficient or something.

I also took you ladies' advice and while I don't have a ton of clothes with me here at the hospital (I'm a student on a rotation and my housing is here at the hospital) I do have a pair of jeans I bought in late December. Now if you remember my story I told you that between starting on Thanksgiving week, and going off plan for Christmas I lost about 20 pounds. I was hovering around 190 pounds- roughly what I am right now.

The jeans are 12L 515 bootcut stretch jeans. I bought them from Kohl's just before we left for Christmas vacation. I hadn't expected they would fit when I put them on to try them. They did, although not to the degree that say you would wear them with a close fitting top (can we say muffin top?) or anything.

So, when I put these same jeans- which have yet even to be worn- on Sunday afternoon.....they fit....they fit like Levi Strauss himself had return from the jean making palace in the sky to hand make them for me. AND NO MUFFIN TOP!!!! *dances*

So while I apparently have been hovering in the same weight bracket, I do believe you all are right- my body has been shedding other stuff. And as much as I would love to see my scale inch down towards 185, I know that to reduce body fat and inches is more important than what you weigh.

So I gave my body some food today, nothing two extreme but I did not stay on plan, and I will go back on plan tomorrow. I will start taking O3 pills. And I will pray that my plateau ends sometime before this $500 worth of food is gone. lol

Thanks again ladies!

*big hugs*

~~~~Nikki~~~~~~~
Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #206  

SPerkins - Yahoo!!! I found a quote in a magazine a couple years ago and cut it out and taped to my closet door. It has become my weight loss/fitness motto now here it is:

"Scales lie, pants don't"

Absolutely true. Sounds corny but I'm so happy for you that your jeans fit!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #207  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Congrats to those who've met with such success on the programs!

TNBaby- I AGREE. Much as I love my Wiifit, I do despise being told in such a smug manner that yes, I am indeed a fat ***. As.if.I.didn't.already.know?!?!?!

I decided to eat off plan today and see if I have any weight change in the AM. I am scared that being off plan for roughly 3 weeks did something to my body and maybe now it won't drop weight being on a restrictive diet. I always was the type who could NOT lose weight merely by not eating. I mean, i know that we say no one does, but even when I got say the flu and couldn't eat for 4 days- I would not lose a pound. Others I know would lose like 5 or something. My hubby swears that my body is just uber efficient or something.

I also took you ladies' advice and while I don't have a ton of clothes with me here at the hospital (I'm a student on a rotation and my housing is here at the hospital) I do have a pair of jeans I bought in late December. Now if you remember my story I told you that between starting on Thanksgiving week, and going off plan for Christmas I lost about 20 pounds. I was hovering around 190 pounds- roughly what I am right now.

The jeans are 12L 515 bootcut stretch jeans. I bought them from Kohl's just before we left for Christmas vacation. I hadn't expected they would fit when I put them on to try them. They did, although not to the degree that say you would wear them with a close fitting top (can we say muffin top?) or anything.

So, when I put these same jeans- which have yet even to be worn- on Sunday afternoon.....they fit....they fit like Levi Strauss himself had return from the jean making palace in the sky to hand make them for me. AND NO MUFFIN TOP!!!! *dances*

So while I apparently have been hovering in the same weight bracket, I do believe you all are right- my body has been shedding other stuff. And as much as I would love to see my scale inch down towards 185, I know that to reduce body fat and inches is more important than what you weigh.

So I gave my body some food today, nothing two extreme but I did not stay on plan, and I will go back on plan tomorrow. I will start taking O3 pills. And I will pray that my plateau ends sometime before this $500 worth of food is gone. lol

Thanks again ladies!

*big hugs*

~~~~Nikki~~~~~~~
See . Just give it time and that's all it takes.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:46 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 222/185/160, March2010:189

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymai View Post
How is the Biggest Loser working out for you? I should have asked, have you received it yet? I just purchased a Wii and so far I got the EA Sports Active and I like it so far. I need to build up strength to workout on it more.
I'm really liking it!! I started a 4wk program on it Mon. & boy that workout had my heart pounding!!! Last week I only did the challenges & they were Great too!! This is definately NOT Wii Fit Loving the sweat-outs
I'd highly Reccom.

Now as for the Wii Fit.............................it said I'd lost 4.4lbs in the 8 days I'd not been on there. I was doing WS & Wii BL instead
I dunno, some times I'm not sure if my board is reading right. I do think I lost, but maybe not that much.................but we'll see in another week.
When I set up my Wii BL game the wt was the same as my wt. on the Fit & today it read a 3lbs lost...............I'll take either I usu. NEVER lose that much in 1 week!!!

nikki-Don't give up!! I've been trying to lose for 4 yrs & WS is helping. Hang in there!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:17 AM   #209  

Woo Hoo for the pants!!! I love the quote too. Sorry I don't have the names to respond to, for some reason my reply screen isn't letting me see everyone else's posts. But YEAH!!! for all us losers and better fitting clothes!!

So I haven't been 100% great on the WS diet, but I lost another 1.4 lbs last week. That's great for me no matter what. I also have PCOS that really kills most of my weight loss attempts anyway so 1.4 this morning had me doing the happy (less fat) dance!!!! Everyday I try to stay more OP and do a little better than the day before and it's really working!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #210  

And I'm finally eligible for a signature!!!
Closed Thread