Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymai View Post
I started with the starch, but because I love my starches lol I had to cut back because I noticed I would eat more than I was allowed as far as mashed potatoes or corn.
Brown rice would be good, mashed potatoes, peas, corn and it also depends on what you are having as a lean and green.
I have never included the starch either just because I was afraid it would turn me into a carb craving monster...I think I will just keep omitting it!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #302  

Height: 5'5.5"

BetsyAnn - I am working on my mindset too! I am reading a book called Shrink Yourself which addresses emotional eating. I think the amount of work I'm doing to lose weight is the same amount of work I'll do to maintain the loss. I will just have more calories per day. I'm tired of being overweight and yo-yo dieting. NEVER AGAIN.

As for starch I usually have peas which I put in a spinach salad with other vegetables like cucumber, zuccini and mushrooms. I also use low carb, whole grain tortillas to make vegetables wraps.

PaulaM - The reason that the meals and snacks are spread throughout the day is to keep your blood sugar levels constant so that you are less hungry. For some people this is very important but it doesn't make much difference to others. If you combine and don't get really hungry in between meals then go for it!

Good luck all!

Last edited by LizR; 03-28-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #303  

I use a combination of Medifast, Wonderslim & Bariwise. I am losing 3-4lbs per week. I like uisng Bariwise and Wonderslim beacuse the carbs are lower and they keep me in the 80-85 grams of carb range when I eat vegetarian like Boca burgers or MSF. Both Bariwise and Wondeslim can be ordered from dietdirect.com. They do taste much better than Medifast, cost less and the shipping is basically free with a minimal purchase. Now I just wish that Wonderslim would make a Ready to Drink shake like Medifast. The Wonderslim products are actaully the same products as NewLifestyle and a fraction of the cost. NewLifestyle has the Ready to Drink but dietdirect.com doesnt offer it.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 148.6/142.6/120

Height: 5 ft.

"I FIRMLY believe that mindset is 98% of any diet plan. What does it take for YOU to get in the mindset to stick with this? This diet is awesome and I drop weight like nobodys business when I stick with it. "When" being the keyword! The food/shakes, etc... are scrumptious, I just cant get my head in the right place!"

So true, BetsyAnn. Really worth repeating. It's the difference between success and failure.

Last edited by mmzem; 03-28-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #305  

Height: 5'5"

Dumb question: the protein bars are supplements right, not meal replacements?

Wonderslim does have a ready to drink shake, I'm sure I saw it in the catalogue they sent with my order

edited to say: I see you can have cereal, but don't see milk anywhere on the approved list?

Last edited by PaulaM; 03-28-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #306  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaM View Post

Wonderslim does have a ready to drink shake, I'm sure I saw it in the catalogue they sent with my order

edited to say: I see you can have cereal, but don't see milk anywhere on the approved list?
Milk is not on the list, but on the frequently ask question form it says you can add 8 oz of skim milk but you will add 80 extra calories to the meal plan. Also if you order the WS cereals you will have to add the nutrients from the milk in the meal plan.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #307  

Thanks. Are the protein bars supplements and not meals?
Old 03-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #308  

Quote:
Thanks. Are the protein bars supplements and not meals?
They are supplements.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #309  

thanks, the first few days are confusing; I had the vanilla shake for dinner and did not like it at all; which is strange cause I like vanilla better than chocolate usually
Old 03-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #310  

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Almond Milk

I recently tried unsweetened almond milk (manufacturer is Almond Breeze) and really like the taste. It is about 1/2 the calories of skim cows milk. May be worth a try for people who like to make their shakes with milk.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #311  

S/C/G: 148.6/142.6/120

Height: 5 ft.

Good morning, All. Well, this is THE day for me. Wish me luck. I'm starting off with the chocolate dream shake. Unfortunately, my quiet day at home for my start is not gonna happen. I have to go out this morning to see my mother. I'm concerned that my bladder will be crying by the time I get to where I'm meeting her (hospital). I will be gone at least half of the day, so I'm taking my green smoothie with me, not willing to give that up and a protein bar. After I get rid of some of the fruit that I have on hand, I will make my green smoothie with one of Wonderslim smoothies. The green smoothie was making me feel so much more energetic!

I didn't order many of their entrees but I do have that a few and I'll eat one of those later. I plan on doing at least 5 shakes a day. Tomorrow will be a less stressful day.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #312  

S/C/G: 310/236.8/135

Height: 5'4"

ariesgirl5 3-5 lbs is excellent.

What is you daily menue. I would love to see if there is a difference in the way I am eating. I wish I could lose 3-5 a week. How about sharing what you do?

Old 03-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #313  

I'm having a strawberry drink this morning, I used sparkling water instead of plain and it makes all the difference! I was kind of discouraged after last night's yucky shake, but I guess we all like different things. My starter pack has mostly the things others said they don't like, the rubber chicken, the tex mex rubber chicken etc. I told husband they probably have an excess of certain ones and toss them in the "packages" cause less people order them separately. LOL
Old 03-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #314  

Quote:

Email from dietdirect.com today:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We do not carry a WonderSlim product that is ready to drink at this time. The manufacturer does not have a product in the ready to drink form.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We appreciate your business. Have a wonderful day!

--

Jennie McGoun
Customer Services
Senior Representative

Diet Direct Inc
3200 Corporate Drive Suite B
Wilmington, NC 28405
800-882-4830
Old 03-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #315  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieMacD View Post
ariesgirl5 3-5 lbs is excellent.

Yes, that is a great weekly loss. No complaints here!!!
Closed Thread