Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #181  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 50

S/C/G: 222/185/160, March2010:189

Height: 5'4"

Default

Day 3 for me today. Moving right along. I'm waiting for my Wii Biggest Loser game to get here! I've been doing wii fit & it's WAYYYYY boring now!!

Can someone help me w/this WS double choc. cake? Is there something I'm doing wrong? I follow the directions. It's so yucky to me I cann't eat but about half of it, & that's with loads of coffee!!!

I won't weight til Monday..............................I'm really liking this! Of course, I miss 'real food', but I can do this!!!

Happy Hump Day!
REGEE is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #182  
Junior Member
 
blamarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 23

S/C/G: S/C/G: 210/207.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Default

byebyebelly - you're much farther along than I am - I'm still trying to find time to work out!! (I work full time, go to school full time, and have a 2 year old...excuses are really easy for me to find!) Good luck with the workouts!
Regee - welcome to The Diet!! As for the choc cake, I've heard it's very tempermental and not to follow the directions. I guess you're actually supposed to undercook it. There might be a post on here from one of the ladies describing how she cooked it...not sure though. Good luck with the cake!
Mollmai - yeah for ordering!! And I'll have to check out that site when I reorder. How do you get the 10% back?
TNbaby - wow great work! I can tell the difference in the increased protein when I'm faithful...still working on being diet monogamous though!!
catowned - is that a bar? that might be worth getting my hands on!!!
Alright ladies, I'm officially taking it one meal at a time until I build habits. Work has been crazy lately so it's been hard, but I'm 100000% determined to get there!!
blamarr is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #183  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
mollymai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 192

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blamarr View Post
byebyebelly - you're much farther along than I am - I'm still trying to find time to work out!! (I work full time, go to school full time, and have a 2 year old...excuses are really easy for me to find!) Good luck with the workouts!
Regee - welcome to The Diet!! As for the choc cake, I've heard it's very tempermental and not to follow the directions. I guess you're actually supposed to undercook it. There might be a post on here from one of the ladies describing how she cooked it...not sure though. Good luck with the cake!
Mollmai - yeah for ordering!! And I'll have to check out that site when I reorder. How do you get the 10% back?
TNbaby - wow great work! I can tell the difference in the increased protein when I'm faithful...still working on being diet monogamous though!!
catowned - is that a bar? that might be worth getting my hands on!!!
Alright ladies, I'm officially taking it one meal at a time until I build habits. Work has been crazy lately so it's been hard, but I'm 100000% determined to get there!!
To get the 10%, you have to have a paypal account or you they can send a check. With my order I will receive $21 and some change in June it says. Once you go to the site you input diet direct and it show up and then click on any link that will take you to diet direct site and order like you normally would and it's free. You can do this for every order.
mollymai is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #184  
Member
 
TNBabyRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Music City, USA
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 158/158/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

I hit 145 this morning!!!! Yippee!!!!!!
TNBabyRN is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #185  
Member
 
TNBabyRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Music City, USA
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 158/158/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

About the chocolate cake - I've only made it once and I did it in a small ramekin I got at Pier 1 a few years ago. I followed the instructions then put some SF cherry pie filling on the top. It was pretty good. Go to the diet direct website and read all the review under the cake and maybe you can get some good tips. Good luck! let us know how it goes.
TNBabyRN is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #186  
Junior Member
 
blamarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 23

S/C/G: S/C/G: 210/207.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Default

Thanks mollymai!! I might have to do that next time. I don't use paypal much, but that makes it more worth it.
YEAH FOR TNBABY!!!! Must be a great feeling!!
blamarr is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #187  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 50

S/C/G: 222/185/160, March2010:189

Height: 5'4"

Default

Ok, thanks!
TNBABYRN-I've tried twice w/not good results so I'm going to send it back in exchange for the cheesecake:-) I got 1 free sample & used 1 out of the box so I can still send it back.
I can get my choc. fix w/the bars. I plan to also order pancakes:-) & their chips...................I'm soooo bad:-) At least I have to decide on only 1 a day!!
Thanks for the 10% back tip!! I use Paypal all the time! But my 1st dd.com order I did on the phone.
REGEE is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #188  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 50

S/C/G: 222/185/160, March2010:189

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBabyRN View Post
About the chocolate cake - I've only made it once and I did it in a small ramekin I got at Pier 1 a few years ago. I followed the instructions then put some SF cherry pie filling on the top. It was pretty good. Go to the diet direct website and read all the review under the cake and maybe you can get some good tips. Good luck! let us know how it goes.
Thanks & CONGRATS on hitting your mini-goal!!!
REGEE is offline  
Old 03-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #189  
Senior Member
 
PaulaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: California
Posts: 680

Height: 5'5"

Default

I've been reading all the threads and I think I'm about to order from WonderSlim too. It doesn't make any sense to order from Medifast if it's basically the same thing but so much cheaper. Very encouraging to see how many of you are on this plan.
PaulaM is offline  
Old 03-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #190  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
mollymai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 192

Default

My order will be here Tuesday. I can't wait to get my box just to go through it.
mollymai is offline  
Old 03-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #191  
Member
 
mmzem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crete, Il
Posts: 61

S/C/G: 148.6/142.6/120

Height: 5 ft.

Default

Hi, Everyone. Another Newbie. Mollymai, I took your advice and ordered through that cashbaq site. It allowed me to use my credit card and not only did I get 10% off of my 4 week kit, I got 30% off on of an extra box of hot chocolate. I also substituted extra shakes for the protein supplements. They didn't sound appetizing to me. Hope I like the other items before I'm gonna eat it, no matter what, lol.

Last edited by mmzem; 03-15-2010 at 08:10 PM.
mmzem is offline  
Old 03-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #192  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
mollymai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 192

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmzem View Post
Hi, Everyone. Another Newbie. Mollymai, I took your advice and ordered through that paybaq site. It allowed me to use my credit card and not only did I get 10% off of my 4 week kit, I got 30% off on of an extra box of hot chocolate. I also substituted extra shakes for the protein supplements. They didn't sound appetizing to me. Hope I like the other items before I'm gonna eat it, no matter what, lol.
Welcome to the thread. I am the type of person that like to help people and if I see a deal or anything helpful I let anyone know that can benefit from it. That's good that you also go an extra 30% off. That site has good deals on all sorts of stuff.
I can't wait to start.
mollymai is offline  
Old 03-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #193  
Member
 
mmzem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crete, Il
Posts: 61

S/C/G: 148.6/142.6/120

Height: 5 ft.

Default

And I appreciate that you're that kind of person. 30% off the hot chocolate and 10% off of the total order saved me $24.00! Previously, in January, I ordered from a site called Med Source Life. While the product was decent, I didn't like the fact that they simply sent me the product (after a 2 week wait) and did not include or suggest any support. Very cut and dry. I lost 10 lbs with it but started adding too much fruit to the shakes making my sweet tooth resurface. This time, I'm only going to you low glycemic (sp) fruits like strawberries. Live and learn.
mmzem is offline  
Old 03-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #194  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3

Exclamation I need some support and some help

Ladies (and any gents, didn't read all 13 pages of posts),

I'm new here. Literally just joined. In a short note, I found myself looking down at the scale one morning and noticed that it was nearly 230 pounds. Except for when I went through my growth spurt in my teens, I've never been what anyone would call skinny or slim. I weighed about 150 pounds during that growth spurt and then in college plumped up to about 180 pounds. Enter med school and I hovered around 190. I realized, at 230, it was time to make a change.

I tried Alli (it was new at the time) and made it down to about 190. However, I developed a GI sensitivity to the medication, horrible pain, bloating, etc and had to stop it. Over about a year I creeped back up to 220 pounds.

My mother had had bariatric surgery during this time and she'd spoken of the shakes the doctor had prescribed/suggested for her (which she didn't use outside of her initial package that was part of her surgery due to the cost) and i decided I would look them up and use them.

That was this past Thanksgiving week. I started on medifast and managed to get down to 190 again (from 210) by Christmas. I had to go off plan over Christmas and most of January due to travel issues, etc. I gained 6 pounds even though I was seriously watching what I ate.

I started back on my plan (but this time on wonderslim which i love) 2 weeks ago. And I have for two weeks, not lost one pound. Not even an ounce. I have been hovering at the same 191.4 pounds for 2 weeks. Which on this plan is unusual. When I was on Medifast, I averaged a loss of about 2 pounds a week.

I want to cry. I have been faithful to this plan. I have resisted even granola bars (I'm a med student about to enter my residency and sometimes granola bars is all we get a chance to eat in the day) when offered and instead sneak off to the restroom and mix a shake.

I'm so depressed and angry at myself. I don't know what's wrong with my body that it suddenly will not lose weight on this plan. I feel fine, I'm getting 60-80 ounces of water a day, anywhere from 6-9 hours of sleep in a night, taking my vitamins, and due to the nature of what I do, plenty of activity in a day. I'm not hungry, not craving sweets or starches.

Ladies, please help me. I'm at wits end and sitting here in near tears looking at $500 worth of WS stuff and realizing that for some reason, it's not working for me. What's wrong with me????

Any advice/support/thoughts are welcome.

Nikki
sperkins921 is offline  
Old 03-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #195  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
mollymai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 192

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Ladies (and any gents, didn't read all 13 pages of posts),

I'm new here. Literally just joined. In a short note, I found myself looking down at the scale one morning and noticed that it was nearly 230 pounds. Except for when I went through my growth spurt in my teens, I've never been what anyone would call skinny or slim. I weighed about 150 pounds during that growth spurt and then in college plumped up to about 180 pounds. Enter med school and I hovered around 190. I realized, at 230, it was time to make a change.

I tried Alli (it was new at the time) and made it down to about 190. However, I developed a GI sensitivity to the medication, horrible pain, bloating, etc and had to stop it. Over about a year I creeped back up to 220 pounds.

My mother had had bariatric surgery during this time and she'd spoken of the shakes the doctor had prescribed/suggested for her (which she didn't use outside of her initial package that was part of her surgery due to the cost) and i decided I would look them up and use them.

That was this past Thanksgiving week. I started on medifast and managed to get down to 190 again (from 210) by Christmas. I had to go off plan over Christmas and most of January due to travel issues, etc. I gained 6 pounds even though I was seriously watching what I ate.

I started back on my plan (but this time on wonderslim which i love) 2 weeks ago. And I have for two weeks, not lost one pound. Not even an ounce. I have been hovering at the same 191.4 pounds for 2 weeks. Which on this plan is unusual. When I was on Medifast, I averaged a loss of about 2 pounds a week.

I want to cry. I have been faithful to this plan. I have resisted even granola bars (I'm a med student about to enter my residency and sometimes granola bars is all we get a chance to eat in the day) when offered and instead sneak off to the restroom and mix a shake.

I'm so depressed and angry at myself. I don't know what's wrong with my body that it suddenly will not lose weight on this plan. I feel fine, I'm getting 60-80 ounces of water a day, anywhere from 6-9 hours of sleep in a night, taking my vitamins, and due to the nature of what I do, plenty of activity in a day. I'm not hungry, not craving sweets or starches.

Ladies, please help me. I'm at wits end and sitting here in near tears looking at $500 worth of WS stuff and realizing that for some reason, it's not working for me. What's wrong with me????

Any advice/support/thoughts are welcome.

Nikki
I haven't started WS yet, but the others on the thread have. Your story has sadened me because I can actually feel how you are feeling about not losing and being faithful. I just recently read an article and I wish I would not have deleted it, but it said that if you are not losing weight and are weighing yourself and don't see that you are not dropping pounds that you can possibly be losing inches, clothes are fitting looser and that your body fat percentage may be the one that change. If that's the case you are on the right track.
After reading that article I went searching for a body fat percentage monitor. I need to know that if I am not losing pounds and my clothes are fitting the same am I doing any diet correctly, so now I am going to order Omron HBF-510W Full Body Composition Monitor with Scale, does everything hopefully, that I want it to.

Just keep trying and please don't give up because it has only been two weeks, give it some more time. I know that you are anxious and your patience are running short, because mine would be , but keep trying. WS has a 100% percent guarantee, but it is only for 30 days, only if you want to return items for a refund. Maybe try doing what the MF does 5 and 1 instead of WS 5+1+1 to see how that works. Also Newlifestyle Diet food is the exact as WS, perhaps you can try eating the WS food like on Newlifestyle Diet.

New Lifestyle Diet Plan Suggestion:

Breakfast:
1 Pudding/Shake 100 14 7 1.5
Morning Snack:
1 Pudding/Shake 100 14 7 1.5
Lunch:
1 Pudding/Shake 100 14 7 1.5
1 Nutrition Bar or Snack Item 150 10 20 5
Afternoon Snack:
1 Pudding/Shake 100 14 7 1.5
Dinner:
8 oz. Lean Meat 280 56 0 4
2 Cups of Vegetables 56 14 10 0
Evening Snack:
1 Pudding/Shake 100 14 7 1.5
1 Hot Drink 100 14 7 1.5
Program Totals: 1080 164 72 18
Take 1 Multivitamin and drink at least 8 cups of water or non-caloric beverage daily.
Pudding/Shakes, Puddings, Hot Soups, Hot Drinks, Oatmeal, Cereal, and Smoothies are interchangeable and can be customized as part of the program to include your favorite flavors.

I myself was thinking about using WS food to do NLD because you omit fruit, starches and it is more strict than WS just like MF.


Please keep me posted on whatever decision you make.

Last edited by mollymai; 03-14-2010 at 02:45 PM.
mollymai is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WonderSlim Buddies roxy road Medifast 59 06-27-2010 03:56 PM
Weekly weigh in ...Medifast/Wonderslim/NLD zay Medifast 73 04-28-2009 08:35 AM
Another Medifast compared to NLD/Wonderslim thread lazygirl Medifast 16 04-05-2009 05:47 PM
February Medifast/Wonderslim/New Lifestyle etc. Chat djay Medifast 61 03-03-2009 12:41 PM
Medifast or Wonderslim??? I can't decide...help wendykm Medifast 18 02-13-2009 01:48 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.