Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #511  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people seem to think if they live on starvation calories, they're going to lose weight. You might, at the beginning, but it won't last long because your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto as much fat that it can! Eating HEALTHY, and in your healthy calorie intake range (depending on your BMI and whatnot), is what helps you lose weight.

What you're eating right now seems to have about little to no fruits, veggies, and proteins.... its all carbs, sodium and sugar for the most part. Switch all that out for some lean meats, a bit of carbs, and lots of veggies and lots of fruits.... and you'll be good to go. NS taught me that, really... how to balance out everything, from carbs to sugar, to really upping my intakes of greenery.

Last edited by starfishkitty; 08-14-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #512  

S/C/G: 192/167/157

Height: 5'10.5"

Hello everyone!

Just a note to thanks all for their comments and welcome.

My 6th and 7th week update.

Week 6, no loss, actually went up a pound during the week, but finished even, at 174.
Week 7, lost 4, for a total of 22 pounds.
3 pounds a week average, which is the same as I did on Atkins last year.

I have 1 and a half weeks before leaving for a 6 night, 7 day business trip to NYC. There is no microwave in the room, so I will take some bars and some "cup a noodle" type NS meals with me to help keep me in line. It will be tough, with several sit down luncheons, and big evening events with food galore.

Has anyone done fasting? My wife does occasionally for religious/spiritual reasons. She can go 2-3 days, with water only. I have done a 2 day juice diet a few times. I have to spend a couple of days first weaning myself off coffee, or the caffeine headaches are horrible.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #513  
Finding my wings...

With or without coffee... if I try to fast I get really sick. I waited too long yesterday to eat my breakfast (had to go in to shift 3 hours early) and I ended up feeling really sick and had a bad headache for hours afterwards even after I'd eaten...

I just don't believe in it... other than spiritual purposes, of course...
Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #514  

Height: 6'0

So, after I started my thread I was informed by terryb99 about this one. First, I am very new to NS. In fact, I am still waiting for me food in the mail (should be here tomorrow). Anyway, I am going to have fun and eat what I want until next week (big fishing trip this weekend) and then I will start. I dont want to set myself up for failure right from the start. Anyway, I just wanted to pop my head in and say hi and look forward to chatting with you all in the coming weeks.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #515  
Finding my wings...

Hi Navygirl!
Old 08-21-2009, 06:46 AM   #516  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Folks,

Sounds like people are doing really well. I finished my 1st month and am happy both with my weight loss and my satiety level. I am definitely off my plateau!

As far as fasting...My docotr told me I shoukld never fast. He didn't say why but I have had the same reaction in that it makes me feel horribly sick. I know some people that are very into periodic one or two day fasts. I think some people do better with it than others. I think it is a very bad idea for weight loss. Seems that it would lead to binging behavior.

Hope all is well with everybody.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #517  
Finding my wings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeadventurer View Post
Seems that it would lead to binging behavior.
That's definitely what it does to me seeing as I feel like I'm going to yark and/or pass out if I don't eat! And that's me skinny OR fat!

Congrats on your weight loss!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 08-21-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #518  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. I tried NS in the past and was not all that happy with it. But lately I've been thinking about doing it again because I really need something. My dad has been diabetic for about five years now and just recently my mom was diagnosed wit diabetes. I'm so worried that I will develope it too if I don't change something. I want a program that will be simple. I think when something is too complicated I just quit. Would yall say NS is simple to follow now?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #519  

Also I would like to know what type of groceries do you guys buy with the NS?
Old 08-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #520  
Finding my wings...

There was a great post in the 100lb club that pretty much summed up everything that I buy and have had great success with (along with the NS).... nearly 30lbs in 3 1/2 months!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...y-staples.html

Just remember... NS is more of a supplement (they only provide half of what you eat really) and I tend to think of what they provide and what they do for you as a way to learn how you have to eat for the rest of your life.

Last edited by starfishkitty; 08-22-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #521  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Just: To answer your question, NS is definitely easy to follow. As for the types of groceries you need: Lots and lots of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and dairy are pretty much it.
Why didn't you like it last time you tried it?

Amanda: I have to say congratulations, you are doing fantastic!

As for me, my financial circumstances have changed since we bought a house and now there's a mortgage to pay, so money will be tighter. I just canceled my NS. I am feeling fine about it though, after being on it for a year, I felt it was time for me to start learning how to handle the weight loss using my own resources (i.e. cooking for myself). I have learned a lot about how to structure my meals from NS. I now know that vegetables have to be the main part of my meal and the protein and carbs are the smaller part of it (hello portion control). I still have almost 2 months left of stock, so for now I will be mixing fresh meals with NS ones until I run out.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #522  

I guess I just was not prepared for NS. I did not know about adding items to the meals and then I got the stuff and was like oh. And it just seemed so complicated. That is why before I take the plunge now I am researching how others approach NS.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #523  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusalilbabefat View Post
I guess I just was not prepared for NS. I did not know about adding items to the meals and then I got the stuff and was like oh. And it just seemed so complicated. That is why before I take the plunge now I am researching how others approach NS.
Just use the food diary for the first few weeks, and it gets easy.
I measured a few things when I started, to learn what a "unit" of fruit and veggies was. After that, I just guessed.

I skip most of the carb units, as I feel I get plenty of carbs in the NS supplied foods.

Breakfast: NS food, soy milk latte, that is my dairy/protein unit, and some fruit.
Morning Snack: egg or yogurt for my dairy/protein, and a fruit
Lunch: NS food, plus 2 units of veggies. Make sure to check the list for the unlimited veggies, like lettuce, spinach, and celery. You are allowed some non fat dressing too.
Afternoon snack: NS desert, I often skipped that one. (think that is on the NS version for guys, sorry ladies, lol)
Dinner: NS meal, 2 veggie units, a fruit unit,(or a 3rd veggie unit instead), also you are allowed some fat and carbs, but I rarely added those. and a NS desert .

The diet does work, and is not complicated once you learn the "units" of different foods.

Best of luck!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #524  

I just finished my 8th week.

Lost another 3 pounds, for a total of 25 pounds in 8 weeks. I am right at that 3 pound a week average,

I will be taking 2 weeks off of NS. I have a business trip from this Thursday to Wednesday of next week. Just think it will be too hard to try to do even a partial NS while I am gone. I will concentrate on portion control, and staying away from deserts the best I can, lol.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #525  

Height: 6'0

Well, I am on my first day of NS. I had the apple strudel scone for breakfast and the tortellini for lunch. They were both not bad at all. In fact the scone would be something I would want to eat even if I wasn't dieting! ALthough I have noticed that my stomach has been "gurggly" all day. Anyone else notice this? I will be heading off to the grocery store and buying all of the fruits, veggies and dairy that I will need for the rest of the week.
Closed Thread