Old 06-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #46  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this thread but not to BCF. I am so glad that I found you. I started the BCF in late Feb.2011 because my youngest son was getting married May 7th of this year. Well, I lost 20lbs and was doing great until after the wedding. I just can't seem to get my focus back. I lost 9lbs the first week I was on the program and 3 to 4lbs. every week. I have gained 5lbs. back. Please help me get on track. I loved reading every post and I am thankful to have found it and I love the "BCF" plan. It is the best one I have ever tried. Have a great and healthy week.
B
BCL216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #47  
IthinkIcanIthinkIcan.....

S/C/G: S/C/G: 175/165/135

Height: 5'6"

Attention ad company: Kindly remove the Fudge Oreo Cookies ad from sight in low-sugar diet thread.

That is just plain cruel. LOL! Pardon me while I go wipe the drool off my face.
balletbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #48  

My Easy & Yummy BFC Breakfast

BFC French Toast

2 Pieces Ezekial Bread
2 Eggs
Splash Half & Half
Cinnamon
1/4 C Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup (Made with Sorbitol)
Butter

Whip eggs, half & half, and desired amount of cinnamon. Soak bread thoroughly on both sides in egg mixture. Grill on med-low in Pam-sprayed pan. When cooked through, butter, sprinkle with more cinnamon, and top with up to 1/4 C Syrup.

Cook up extra eggs and/or bacon on the side for more protien or extra-hungry appetites.

1 Sugar/2 Portions Carbs

Last edited by balletbird; 06-28-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Fixed Sugar Count
Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

balletbird - Unless you're using some kind of crazy eggs, they have sugar. Probably about 1 gram for 2 eggs.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #50  

Oops, I missed that! Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #51  
Chick Losing

Double OOOOoops!! for me. I see I need to go back and read my books again and do some major planning. I will create a visual on place it on my frig, to remind me of where I want to be by the end of this year. But I think a weekly reminder would help me greatly. It takes small steps to gain great milage.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #52  
Chick Losing

Great News!
I went back and looked up eggs in the BFC and the S/C value is 0/0 page 303. I am so glad because I love eggs.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #53  

I returned my book to the library a long time ago, but I wonder where those numbers are coming from because all the other nutrition information I see for eggs has about 0.6 g of sugar per egg. Personally I trust multiple sources over Jorge's book.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #54  
Chick Losing

ERHR,
Thanks so much for reminding me to use all alvailable resources, this is what I found. "There are 72 Calories in an average serving, along with 5g Total Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 212mg Cholesterol, 70mg Sodium, 0.4g Total Carbohydrates, 0g Dietary Fiber, 0.4g Sugar, and 6g Protein. It also provides 5% Vitamin A, 0% Vitamin C, 3% Calcium, and 5% Iron."
I know it does not seem like much, but every little bit counts. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and your thread. I truly want to get this right and it helps to have such great input. Thats what makes this thread great!
Thanks again.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 221/204/135

Yum! The french toast sounds yummy and a nice change from my normal eggs and toast breakfast...thanks!

And my gosh...sugar is EVERYWHERE! I had no idea eggs had sugar!!! Who would of thought????
Eineys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #56  

I was surprised too. I eat 2 eggs many days of the week and like BCL216 said it adds up!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #57  

My Lose It! iphone app records it as 0.6 Sugar per egg. Shows me I need to record my recipies and check them before posting! Sorry everyone.

So I have been on this diet for almost 2 weeks now, and I still have not lost a single pound. I follow it closely and have not gone over on sugar or carbs, and I don't use the "bad belly" sweeteners. My tracking is precise thanks to the app I use, and I chart every bite I eat. I am "whooshing" all over the place thanks to Benefiber and lots of water, but it's not showing up on the scale. (TMI, I know, but it's related. ) I have lost 2 inches now around the belly button, but I am sure it is all "false belly fat," or, well, just bodily waste. So this morning I took all of my measurements, including body fat percentage. I am not giving up yet, I will continue the course and see if I am losing in other areas. However, anyone else who has had such difficulty please come forward and let me know what, if anything, you did to get past it. I'm about ready to ditch grains, including the sugar-free bread I eat. I don't want to get that radical, so someone please save me from myself.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #58  

Even though it seems like I'm new to this thread, I have read ALL of them over the last two weeks since I've started this new eating program, the BFC. I think we all need to keep in mind, if we didn't have a scale available to us, how would we feel about our progress based on both how we feel and how much looser our clothes are because we're eating this way? As for snacks, the small bags of buttered popcorn are 0/1 with 20g of carbs and no sugars. Also, Durkee Onions that you put on green bean casseroles are a nice little fried treat with my glass of wine before dinner. I can't remember their numbers off the top of my head, but I think it is 0/0 for 2 Tbls. Lastly, I highly recommend fiber pills by Nature's Secret that you can get at GNC and other health food stores. I use 3 of the Super Cleanse per day to keep things regular.
sisterbyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #59  

It's not such a bad thing to ditch grains - I don't follow Jorge's recommendation of eating 6 servings per day. The only grains I eat now are low-carb tortillas (one a day, not every day) and oatmeal (generally half a serving, pretty much every day). I get my fiber from those sources, nuts, vegetables, beans, and avocados. I really don't miss bread and I'm able to keep my carb percentage a bit lower.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 221.2/207.7/130

Height: 5' 3.73"

Default To grain or not grain? Re slow weight loss...

Dear friends,
As I have already posted, my weight loss has been slow, and was especially so in the first few weeks on the program. Interestingly enough, I seem to be losing faster now, and am 8 lbs down since April 18th. Yes, it is a slow loss, but I've hardly been tempted to go off the diet or binge, and the needle is going in the right direction. To me this means if I just stay on the program, I will gradually lose what I need to, without feeling too restricted or "on a diet". I feel like it took awhile for my body to adjust to this way of eating, but now it has finally "given in" and is letting my weight drop a little faster. I haven't tracked since late May, I've just been too busy. I also spent a week mid-June of family reunions. I ignored the sweets, had no sugar but some fruit, and didn't gain any weight, but lost some! I even ate handfuls of corn and potato chips. (I've been eating dark chocolate, too! Helps keep me sane.)
One thing I WAS doing was eating less WHEAT, and more SPELT bread. Some people are sensitive to wheat, especially American wheat, as opposed to European wheat. (European wheat is less likely to be hyper-bred and GMO, and seems to be less allergy producing.)
So I think trying to reduce GLUTEN intake in favor of low-gluten/no-gluten products is worth trying, and may jolt that stubborn scale.
I'm looking forward to hearing any results of this experiment!
Kalisa is offline   Reply With Quote