Old 07-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Sonny, this has been an issue for me since day one. Sometimes I seem to get away with it, other times it really stops my loss. My trainer told me that the day after big alcohol I should drink a quart of water all at once (or within 30 min) as soon as a wake up, then twice more during the day. She swears that flushes out the water retention or whatever. I find it hard not to eat off plan when I drink, too. But it is such a part of my social life, I just don't have the willpower to resist. At least try to alternate glasses of water with drinks when you are out. I have lost 32 pounds while still drinking but that's probably why it has taken so long. If you can abstain for a couple weeks you might see a big big drop that would be worth it....you could even enlist a drinking pal to try it with you....
Thanks Camaswa! I've been feeling like an alcoholic, so I'm glad I'm not the only one that has an alcoholic beverage once in a while

I've actually been doing really well on the eating part, even while having drinks (and the day after). And I drink a ton of water as well, so that's good. Having a friend abstain with me is a great idea; now to find someone like that....
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 220/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Went for my WI today and lost another 3 pounds since last Thursday! Down from 220 to 167! Only 27 more to go! WHOOT!
Sonnyrae....don't beat yourself up. This is an entire lifestyle change and no one can expect to change totally in 6 months or less! Maybe try getting non~alcoholic drinks when you are out with friends. Like a frozen drink without alcohol. When I freeze my ready made drinks I say I am "fooling myself to think I am eating ice cream". Maybe you can fool yourself too!
kittyconni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #123  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default 10 Day Festival here!

Hello everyone . The ten day Water Festival started here this past Saturday and it's been crazy! Different bands every night, ski shows, air shows, shrimp boat tours, crazy weekends at the sandbar Beer trucks, tiki huts, hot dogs, BBQ....did I mention it's TEN days?? And I love live music so have been every night! Good networking...... Good thing is we have to park quite a distance away so getting lots of walking in and we really haven't been sitting down much ---dancing a lot :. Been eating my eggs , fruit, Greek yogurt, salads, etc and just having a couple beers or vodka sodas...mixing that up with lots of water, and diet. Coke. The sandbar every weekend. More cocktails....but have been in the river swimming and walking the sandbar. And drinking tons of water. I'll probably see a gain of a few pounds but I know I'll get it off quickly. Then family will be visiting for the next two weeks, then a mini camping vacation at the beach. Lots of challenges but with my core foods on plan, lots of water and more hNSs. Should be okay.
Fluffy. Thinking about you and prayers sent your way... I'd check with your counselor and see if they can your plan on hold
Happy birthday Camaswa!!!! You are very motivating staying on plan like you do
Sonnyrae...Cheers! I'm a slow loser because I chose to go out and have cocktails but I limit what I drink and chug a lug the water when I get home and the next day. Girls just want to have fun!!! Lol
Ok it's late and I have an early sales meeting in the am. Thank goodness for coffee! Forgot to mention I wore a new bathing suit on the sandbar and everyone was commenting how I've lost weight! Been wearing more form fitting clothes and two local photographers in town posted my pic on their website! Even the pic of me in my bathing suit a friend took didn't suck. I really need to tone up my arms but was like wow ...that's really me? So very cool

Last edited by bigdog; 07-18-2012 at 01:11 AM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

BigDog -

Go, you in the swimsuit! I love reading that and hearing your stories - you are such an inspiration. I'm with you on toning up the arms... just looked at some photos from our Yellowstone trip and I love the picture - just my batwings don't look that great, ... but I'm going to try something my Zumba instructor suggested... 20 minutes every day for 30 days doing some toning with light hand weights... tricep kickbacks, curls, overhead chest presses... just make sure I'm doing proper form to "feel the burn"... She did it and you can definitely tell the difference...

Kittyconni - congratulations on the weight loss!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #125  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

After my confession last night, I jumped on the scales and I'm actually down a pound!!! Definitely helps to get all the water and HNSs in. . Yay

Rachel. I'll definitely start doing those. My bat wings bother me the most. I never wear sleeveless stuff

Thanks for info

Last edited by bigdog; 07-18-2012 at 01:32 PM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 189/160/149

Height: 5'3

Started MRC July 11th. Down today 4 lbs. Lost 3 1/2 on pre-conditioning. Really wanted 5 this first week, but very thankful for 4. Saturday I can have my little tomatoes!! I have 2 big plants, and they have been calling to me every day. Thanks everyone for all the info, it's great to see everyone's ideas. My goal that is for 40 lbs by Nov. I'm not telling people I'm doing this, just waiting till they can see it and then I will tell. Planning to fly to CA to see my daughter in Nov., and can't wait to see you face!
Beachgirlwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

Put my bikini picture up as promised :-O

Last edited by sonnyrae; 07-18-2012 at 10:43 PM.
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #128  

Lookin' good, sonnyrae! Rock that bikini!
jlpnebraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

Sonnyrae is a hottie!
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #130  

Go, Sonnyrae!

Beachgirl - welcome! I love that you're surpising everyone. It is alot of fun to watch people's expressions who haven't seen you for a while!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #131  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

I am so frustrated right now. I have to go have an upper GI for my GERD, and they tell me I am eating too much. I say I am on MRC to lose weight. He said losing weight is good, but you need to stop eating as much. I have to talk to my counselor but it is very frustrating. And I have been stuck at this stupid plateau for way too long. grrrr.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadreal View Post
I am so frustrated right now. I have to go have an upper GI for my GERD, and they tell me I am eating too much. I say I am on MRC to lose weight. He said losing weight is good, but you need to stop eating as much. I have to talk to my counselor but it is very frustrating. And I have been stuck at this stupid plateau for way too long. grrrr.
That makes no sense. Did you show him the MRC diet? How could that possibly be too much? It's about as low as one should safely go.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #133  

Height: 5' 5"

WI yesterday and no change. I know part of it is I'm PMSing but part of me is wondering if I am drinking too much water. I'm literally drinking a gallon a day. 128 oz. I used to drink about 100 oz. So, I'm going back to my 100 oz. and see what happens. I'm also going on Meta-Quick for a week. I will bust out of this plateau one way or another.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #134  

Galadreal - It does seem odd that your doctor thinks you're eating too much. They usually tout healthly eathing and drinking water and such. Does he not like the acidity of certain foods? Are there specific foods you could cut out or substitute that would make it easier on your GERDs? My mom has it and she was told to eat more frequently to help with the acid...

Jen - you can do it! I'm trying to kick myself back into gear after my vacation. It stinks this week because the day after returning from Yellowstone our church started VBS... and all.the.cookies. Yikes! I have allowed myself a few and I think that, combined with no sleep, combined with less water, combined with crappy choices on vacation has equaled some weight gain for me.

But, no more! Back to journaling every morsel, drinking at least 100 oz a day and getting my Zumba in! Oh, how this lady has missed Zumba!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #135  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Sorry, I should have clarified. I am eating too much at one sitting. Before I was on the program I was not eating big meals, but there was fruits and snacks between meals. He says the 6 oz of protien and 4-8 oz of veggies with fruit or bread is too much food per meal and it is messing up my GERD. I am still drinking about 100oz of water a day, but I have been drinking alot of milk (it is the only thing that helps with the acid when I ran out of meds) so weight loss had stopped anyway. I am so glad it is Friday, I am having a really really bad self confidence day and I feel like screaming and crying and hiding under the covers.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote