Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #31  
Last Round

S/C/G: 229/229/160

Height: 5'3"

Greetings, I am on MRC for the 2nd time around. I am on the MetaSlim Plus Plan. Does anyone know whether you can mix Group 1 and 3 foods during lunch time? For example, I made stuffed bell peppers with 3 ounces of turkey breast and 1.5 ounces of cheese. I asked 3 people who work at my center and each person that worked there had a different answer.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #32  
Last Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMom View Post
I am thinking that the MRC could be the MRC Total Woman Multi Vitamin or the MRC-6. There are some people on this site who only use the multi vitaman and the flax and they lost the weight. I wish I had done that first before buying all the stuff. The supplements are costly and I get a bit tired of taking 3 pills before a meal and 8 pills after a meal.

I took the phentratrim for 2 weeks. I just bought the small bottle. It did not do anything extra for me. The first time I was on this diet...I only used Flax and Multivitamin for 1 month and lost alot of weight...Like 18 pounds in 1 month. I will never buy the phentratrim again.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #33  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Round View Post
Greetings, I am on MRC for the 2nd time around. I am on the MetaSlim Plus Plan. Does anyone know whether you can mix Group 1 and 3 foods during lunch time? For example, I made stuffed bell peppers with 3 ounces of turkey breast and 1.5 ounces of cheese. I asked 3 people who work at my center and each person that worked there had a different answer.

I have and never had an issue....

Last edited by namaste; 03-19-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #34  
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverjoy View Post
I am on Day 18 and holding steady at a 5 pound loss. I am trying to not get discouraged - I know probably at least 3 of that 5 pounds was water - so - ANY day now.....
Any moment that plateau is going to be behind you, hang in there
Old 03-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #35  
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I have and never had an issue....

I'm happy to see you
Old 03-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Round View Post
I have mixed my proteins like cheese and meat or cottage cheese and then a low carb tortilla with some grated cheese (quesadill) and have still lost weight. Also, they tell you not to have cheese for dinner, but I have and had no problem with it. But everyone is different. Hope that helps a little.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 207/189/135

Height: 5'6"

I just posted last night about this plateau that I was on for about 2 weeks... I finally broke through it today! I weighed (at least on my scale) 2.8 pounds less than yesterday!

I know I shouldn't weigh as often as I do, but it does help with my motivation. Plus, I am out of town during the week and can only weigh in on the weekends and it helps me to stay on track.

PLUS, I had a major NSV today-- my DH called to let me know that he had a friend coming over and asked if it was ok if we had an "off day" for our diets (he's not doing MRC, but he is trying to eat healthy) I flat out said you and your friend are welcome to eat whatever, but I will stick to my plan- I didn't see a drop today just to see it back up tomorrow because of eating off plan. In the past I never would have said that, but I know my health and all that entails is worth more than whatever take out they might want. I also was able to walk right by the candy in Walmart with only a little urge to get some-- instead I got a bottle of water and looked forward to my dinner tonight!

I just had to share- it is nice to start to feel like I am gaining some control over my eating habits, and to see the scale down... WOOHOO!!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

alexasmama
Good job, my DH plays those little games with me too. He loves to entertain and go out to eat. He is not overweight, he should for the amount of yummy food he eats, so diets are not really as important to him as it it to me. I have given in in the past, but for the past 3 weeks I have been 99% on plan. I am glad, just like you, that I have more control. Finally this morning I weighed less than my DH. For the past 10 yrs I have weighed more than him. We both weighe ourselves this morning and I am 3 lbs less, YAY
Of course he has more muscle and is more solid than I am, but I am happy that the number is lower for once.

Last edited by wanttobeskinny; 03-19-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 245.5/218.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Last Round-
I asked the same question and they said that was fine so I could mix up my foods and not get bored. I am also on the Metaslim Plus diet so I would say go for it!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

I am so disgusted with myself. I was hoping to sign the 10 lb. board today. All I had to lose was .5 of a pound. One half hour before driving to the center I drank my HNS in a 16 oz. bottle of water and topped that with another 16 oz. bottle of water. I wasn't thinking. As a result, I showed no weight loss! On my scale I had lost at least 1 lb. Now, I'm going to wonder all weekend if I really did lose weight. On a good note, the lady at the center measured me, and I lost 14 inches.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #41  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. I’m glad you were able to pull some personal encouragement out of it. It’s hard being in the middle of the battle – much easier to reflect when you get to the target weight!

Bonnie – you are doing so great and such an inspiration. You are steady and consistent. You remind me a lot of Denise (Namaste)!
KeepingOnandOn – you crack me up. I was thinking you were a little brave to jump in the car without stretching – I just figured I was overly freakish about stretching out – I get so sore if I don’t do that. Hopefully, you are feeling ok today and able to run tomorrow! I don’t know if I’ll be able to accomplish the 5 miles, but I think we could do better together than running individually. I know I’m less likely to quit if someone is challenging me!
Alexasmama (congrats on the break through!) & discoverjoy – Plateau’s! It’s simple & hard . . . just follow the plan, get in a variety of foods and drink more water. It will break & the good thing is you usually have a series of big losses. I would plateau for up to 3 weeks. Just hold steady & don’t let your body win over your will power!!
Shelby63 – I went on Carnival’s lines, so I’m not sure about Norwegian. Most of the cruise lines have healthy choices avail. And yes, I did partake in the alcoholic beverages! I really didn’t overdo it though. As a good rule of thumb, a glass of wine or the clear liquors (search on-line for low carb alcohol – vodka, etc) are best. Stay away from the foofoo drinks which are loaded with sugar. I know alcohol raises my blood sugar level, so extra exercise justified it in my mind – it doesn’t have to be the gym – go dancing for hours – have fun! Definitely something you don’t want to do while OP because it throws you out of fat burning mode, but I made the choice to drink on vacation.
Raven59 – my restaurant tip is to tell the wait staff that you have food restrictions do to health problems – then special order. I tell them I can have spices, but no added sugars, fats or salts. Then I bring my own sea salt. I’ve gotten some really good food this way – if I tell them I’m on a diet, they don’t seem to take it seriously, health issues scare them into making sure it’s right.
CoMom – I tried the Phenatrim on the last leg of the weight loss – started taking it in Jan. I saw a big difference in my hunger level. It’s important to take it 30 min before. It just took the edge off so I could enjoy the meal without feeling like I was starving.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #42  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby63 View Post
I am so disgusted with myself. I was hoping to sign the 10 lb. board today. All I had to lose was .5 of a pound. One half hour before driving to the center I drank my HNS in a 16 oz. bottle of water and topped that with another 16 oz. bottle of water. I wasn't thinking. As a result, I showed no weight loss! On my scale I had lost at least 1 lb. Now, I'm going to wonder all weekend if I really did lose weight. On a good note, the lady at the center measured me, and I lost 14 inches.
Shelby63 - that is great!! And yes, you did lose. Water weighs a lot! Just think, next time will show a great big loss!!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #43  

Height: 5'5

Hi all! I have been off the wagon for quite a while and need to get back on. I thought I was going to restart at Thanksgiving, but ended up overwhelmed by other things and went back to my emotional eating ways. But I am on the road back and this is my first stop!!

Any advice about restarting???

Shannon, I see that you are back too, how is it going!

Hugs to the MRC family!
Alisha
Old 03-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #44  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby63 View Post
WHOOO HOOO!
I can drink a glass of water and be up on the scale! Always go with the first weigh in the morning!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #45  
Last Round

wanttobeskinny, thank you for your comment.
Closed Thread