Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #106  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
momof boys...good luck with pre-conditioning, you'll do great!!! I am just on day 3 myself but am happy with how its going so far...down 5.5 total!! I have to say I can't wait for Wed. to start the blue menu.

BTW which center do you go to in Omaha? I go to the west one on 120th
Alisha

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm in Bellevue so that's the center I'll be going to. You said you start a "blue menu" on Wednesday? What did they have you do after your week of pre-conditioning? They have me going to my meal info meeting this Friday where I assume I'll be getting a menu - how many different menu's are there and what determines which one I'll be on?? SO MANY QUESTIONS ..... Please keep me posted on how it's going for you!

Becky
Old 06-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Ok guys, I've been reading your posting about all the differnt meal plans and supplements you take - and quite honestly I'm nervous now. I don't have much will power & it sounds hard to be measuring out my portions, etc. Like I've said I don't start my menu till Friday. I've got 3 teenagers and a 5 yr old at home for meals, and you know how they eat. How in the world am I going to be able to resist what they are eating (especially if I'm making it for them) and cook myself something different. I'm not working through the summer, but once school starts again I will be...how will I find the time to eat correctly then? AAAHHHHGGGG! Maybe I'm over thinking this - but I'm having some doubts that I'll be able to do this plan the right way. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Ok Mom- please don't freak out, it's really not that hard at all. Actually, I find it quite liberating in a sense. It's VERY routine. No surprises, no calorie counting, on counting points. I, for example, eat the same thing every morning. Sounds boring, but, that's what makes it so simple for me. I have a 5 yr. old son at home and a husband who travels all week and is only home on the weekends, and I work full time as well, so simplicity was a key for me. I did'nt want to have to "think" too much, ya know. It's also very easy for me to go to the grocery store now. I'm not buying cereal and processed foods anymore. Chicken, eggs, turkey, salad mixings, veggies, cheese. Very simple. Just get you a good scale to measure out your protien and veggies. Keep it on the counter. It will be become so routine, and when you see the pounds melting away quickly, you will be motivated and realize how it is working. Your family may even take some ques from you. My husband is now doing the plan on the road. We have to prep a little more, but it's nice to have the support of someone doing it with me. Even our 5 year old is into eating healthy food ( as long as that includes brownies every now and then!! LOL)
I promise, it is very easy, and with you being home for the summer, you will have plenty of time to adjust before school starts back. Then you will be able to pack salads and such to take to work with you. You'll do great. Just hand in there!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #108  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

Momofboys.....This plan is very easy to follow once you get your menu's from your food instruction class. Your menu's good change up to three times depending on how much weight you have to loose. I have a 3 year old and a 2 year old and I find that it is most easiest to prepare for the next day once they are in bed. Grocery shopping has become such a breeze. I do not have to figure out what we are going to have for dinner anymore because I know what I can have and that is what I buy. With you being off this summer it will give you plenty of time to adjust to your new lifestyle and that is what this truly is. Once you get on program you will enjoy how much better you feel and will not want to eat of plan because the way it makes you feel afterwards.....trust me I know and it is not good. You will get there because I am sure that this is something that you really want. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Oh yeah I also go to the center in Bellevue, NE. Which one do you go to?

Last edited by kristih6; 06-10-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

stuckingradschool: You mentioned you had lab work done before you starting program, did they check your blood sugar? Because my aunt has low blood sugar and she often feels weak/tired and craves sweet stuff. Personally, I don't have diabetes but find that if it's been a long time between my meals, I can get tired and very irritable and crave sugar.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #110  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

stuck in grad school - don't worry about the green tea - the health benefits far outway the trace amount of caffeine. But I second checking with your doctor and the center right away. Good luck with that and let us know how it goes.

momofboys - Relax, you'll be fine I work 14 - 16 hour days and still manage to stay on plan! Don't worry about the menu they will have you on - they're going to give you a menu to follow based on your health history and amount of weight you need to lose. You will probably get a menu for day 1-4, another for day 5-10, then you will start your regular menu. The counselor's will give you a new menu when it's time to switch - just follow what they tell you to do. Don't overbuy for the first two menu's - the food you can eat will change slightly. My "trick" is to cook ahead. I always over make chicken breasts - they're great for a grab and go. Make sure to have plenty of veggies on hand and frozen veggies and fruit are great for back ups. I've also gotten for creative with cottage cheese It's wonderful that you are starting this in the summer. By the time school starts back up, you'll be in a great routine. AND, your family can eat evrything you're cooking - it's a very healthy lifestyle that you can follow for the rest of your life.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

MomofBoys You are going to be just fine! You need to do some pre-planning and have the desire to succeed and all will be well. Don't worry about anyone else's plan. They will give you the one that is right for you on Friday.

I also attend the Bellvue center, so if you would ever want to meet up in person, that would be great with me. You too Kristie! ShineOn also attends as well as GraduateThin We have met up. I plan on going Wednesday morning and Friday morning this week, so if you want to meet, let me know!

Make sure you attend the classes that are offered, especially the cookie classes. They will help you get through major events!

One of the most important things is to have a support system in place. On the Today show they were saying this is very important to having success in weight loss and a forum like this is a great place for support. For me personally, when I stopped posting here, I stopped losing. I didn't realize how important this forum is!

You are going to be Mahvelous, Dahling! ( my best Billy Crystal imitation) For you ShineON

Last edited by krazykk; 06-10-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #112  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
ok, I have a funny NSV..kinda weight related, kinda not...

My dh wanted a 6 pack of beer for this past weekend. I offered to stop and pick it up on my way home..no biggie right?!
Well I went into the store with just my bank card (I am 30, so I really don't get carded that often). Well first the clerk, says, I need to see your i.d card. I run back outside (amazed that he even asked), and grabbed my drivers license. I showed him my license, and he didn't believe it was me (my pic was taken when I was around 260-270 pounds). I had to assure him it was, it took me like 20 mins to convince this poor guy, I showed him all my cards in my wallet, and my military i.d, showing my name, my checks everything. Finally, he sold me the beer. I wanted to laugh and cry in the midst of it all. Laugh, because I felt so good that I didn't LOOK 30 or 21 for that matter, and cry because all these people were looking at me like I was trying to do something illegal. LOL
OMG I just laughed out loud at this!!! That is FANTASTIC!! (Not just b/c it's funny, but b/c I bet you felt great!!)
Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #113  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

once again, you guys have motivated me. I have SO fallen off the wagon since the wedding. I eat whatever and whenever. Since I'm exercising, I'm holding steady. I've tried numerous times to get back on, but I think the food is making me feel so good that I have a hard time letting it go. Before I was so tired b/c I was exercising and not getting enough food, and now, well I'm getting plenty!! Of bad stuff!! I made an appt with my favorite counselor once I started reading posts and I'm going back in!!

You guys are my HEROS!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default Shine On

Shine On- I was thinking, you need to post a before picture. 83 lbs and going. That is awesome. Any suggestions or tips with cottage cheese. I don't like cottage cheese- my husband does. Tried to make the double chocolate cheesecake last night. Was NOT good!! But I'm trying other recipes this week. Just thought after 83 lbs gone, you might have some good tips!!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 264.5/258.9/150

Height: 5 '4'

momofboys-I too have no will power but this plan is really working for me. I started with the first and hardest word NO. It was very hard not to give in but after I did it that first time it was fantastic. I now have just accepted that this is my new way of life. Excercies helps to. After a few weeks of being on program and you don't crave for those types of food. Yes I know that is hard to believe and I even thought that was a load of crap but it is true. I have boys ages 2 and 5 and my husband and they are starting to get used to it. You can do it!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #116  

Hawaiibound Here is a recipe for Pancakes using cottage cheese. I really like them and our manager tweaked the recipe and I wrote it just like she made them. Sometimes you have to tweak recipes for them to be good! I will also put this in the recipe folder!

Suzi’s MRC Pancakes

1/4 cooked oatmeal- make this first by taking a scant 1/4 of Quickoats and blend with hot water until a thick consistency (thicker for baking and thinner for eating) Wait to add this until later.
1/4 cup (2 oz) cottage cheese- blend in food process or blender first to get all the lumps out.
1 egg
1 pkg. sweetener (equal or splenda)
Cinnamon (1/2 tsp, nutmeg (less than 1/8 tsp), vanilla or other flavorings up to 1/2 tsp(maple extract, butter extract)

After the cheese is blended, add egg and blend until well mixed. Add oatmeal and blend Add sweetener and seasonings to desired taste. Spray a hot griddle with butter flavor spray and wipe around with a paper towel. (Important to have a hot griddle) Pour onto griddle a circle with about 3” diameter. (If they are too big, they are hard to turn) They take longer to cook so watch. They do not bubble like ordinary pancakes. When first poured they are glossy, so when they begin to dull, it is time to turn.

Possible toppings are heated peach mango concentrate or other HNS with 4oz of water added and heated up. (They are great plain!)

It is easy to make up two batches at a time and can be heated in the microwave another day!

I use Walden Farm's Maple Syrup on them!

Enjoy!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #117  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone! I am still stuck in this darn plateau. I am very frustrated but I am still finding motivation here and in my closet to stick with it! I am traveling with friends this weekend to a River Festival. I know there will be lots of the fried food, etc. that goes hand-in-hand with these things but I know I can resist those. The part I am worried about is that I will staying as a guest in someone's home and I definitely don't want to be rude about any meals they may serve. I have the Fat and Carb Blocker so maybe I can use that. How do you all suggest handling situations like these?

My center is always out of the double chocolate pudding which is my favorite and helps my chocolate cravings so I ordered it online from bodyandhealthessentials. It came very quickly so I was pleasantly surprised. Does anyone know if there is a good place to order the concentrates online? I go through the grape like crazy and I know sometimes they offer better prices if you order larger quantities. I thought someone posted a link just before the system crashed...

Have a great day!!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #118  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
Hawaiibound Here is a recipe for Pancakes using cottage cheese. I really like them and our manager tweaked the recipe and I wrote it just like she made them. Sometimes you have to tweak recipes for them to be good! I will also put this in the recipe folder!

Suzi’s MRC Pancakes
These are GREAT!!! I used to make them even before I was on MRC.

Does anyone know why they specify "cooked oatmeal" instead of using dry oats?
Old 06-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #119  

Shelby
here is some willpower to help you resist the temptations you will be facing!

Traveling is my downfall. Luckily I will only be taking one trip this year! Make sure you keep drinking the water...a little extra will help you keep full!

Just remember we are all here for you!

Last edited by krazykk; 06-10-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #120  

I think they want the oatmeal "cooked" so it doesn't dry out the batter. It also blends better!
Closed Thread