Old 06-15-2004, 12:17 AM   #16  
47 pounds gone!!

Hello everyone! Thought I'd introduce myself.. My name is Shelley. I'm a working Mom of 2 great kids ( after being a SAHM for 8 years ) I've been on a "my own thing" LC diet on and off for a little over a year. So far I've lost about 25 pounds and steadily loosing. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 06-15-2004, 12:47 AM   #17  

Welcome, Shelley! Please join us and tell us a bit about your 'own thing' LC diet that you have done so well with.

This is a great place for support and friendship, dietwise and lifewise and we always welcome a new face.

Kel
Old 06-15-2004, 12:49 AM   #18  
Slimwithin

Welcome, Shelley. That's our older daughter's name, short for Rachelle.

Well, I spent most of today in ER. ( 5 HOURS!!!) My doc realised the pennicilin wasn't working so I had to go and get I.V Therapy. Just a lot of lengthy, boring waits in ER. Have to go back tomorrow for another dose and the next as well until it's better. Wont take as long tho, thank goodness. I'll be going to Ambulatory Care from now on. This all started with a small lump on my knuckle which I thought was a festering splinter or thorn. It wouldn't go away, even though I kept squeezing it and even tried to open it with a needle (which I sterilized). Then, on Friday it got red and swollen and even after I saw the doc on Saturday, it continued to redden and swell. Very painful. Even the wrist was getting puffy and red.
So, let this be a lesson, Chicks. Don't try to perform surgery on yourselves.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:57 AM   #19  

Oops, I just realized that I was supposed to catch up with everyone this morning, huh?

Life is really getting in the way lately! I was dealing with the lawyer this morning since stbxSH has once again pulled a wingding (this time completely alinating the boys from wanting to spend even a little bit of time with him). Lawyer will contact his lawyer and tell him he will be slapped with a restraining order and charged with contempt (since the custody papers ALREADY state that he isn't to send hostile e-mails) if he messes up one more time.

Mighty hot here this week! I came out of the office building this afternoon and it was like walking into a firepit. I came home and pulled some weeds, did some watering then made a late dinner of burgers. So that means no walk for Melis and I. But I did get in quite a bit of exercise so i don't feel too bad. Tomorrow is another day.

I hope that Linda got the right stuff for her finger today and will start feeling better. Hi to Dottie, Sono, L, Ruthie, Leens, PeachieKeen, Barb, Susan, (hmmmm, who am I missing....) and anyone else that I may have forgotten.

Gonna get a good night sleep tonight and everything will look better in the morning, right?

Kel
Old 06-16-2004, 07:43 AM   #20  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning,
Wednessday already! Older doy has been away since Saturday and I miss him so badly! I can't wait for him to come home.
Little man and I are fairing ok. He had a playdate yesterday and I go a few errands done, and my toes too, so it was a good day.
Today we are headed to NH for the day to a local amusement park. lots of junkfood but lots of walking too. I like to go when not all of the schools have let out.

Kel, hang in there. we have a saying in our house about my father's lovely bride; if you give her enough rope, she WILL hang herself. STBeX-SH seems to fallinto that catagory.
On the other side, I can understand how your kids feel, my father was your STBex-SH. enough said, just hang in there.

to everyone else, drink your water and enjoy the sunshine!
-L
Old 06-16-2004, 08:41 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, chickies, and welcome Shelley.

Kel, I hope things look better this morning. There is no such thing as an amicable separation. Hang in there - there are better times ahead.

Linda, I thought of you this morning when I pricked myself on a rose. I hope the IV treatment cures you fast! Not being able to use your hand must really irk you.

L144S, have a fun day! I wish I could join you.

Sono, I hope that potato salad is all gone! I love potato salad and must try your triple the dill recipe.

Sue and Peachie, I figured the erection story would bring you out!

Hershey and I are off to visit the nursing home this morning - pardon me! "Long term care facility" is now the PC term! I was hoping to get some gardening done before we go but just realized the time. I'm off and running through the shower.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:01 AM   #22  

hi, dottiejon here(dottie j logged in at work!)

just a quickie hello- I am trying not to work too much today! Eating is fair, I fall back on eating some carbs, but then at least am able to limit the calories somewhat. Last night ate out at Outback, split Coconut Shrimp with my friend, but had a grilled shrimp cesear salad instead of the side of beef I would ususally have consumed! Washed it all down with a little Pinot Grigio and there you are. I won't gain, but I won't loose either!

Work is quiet. Boss is going on vacation starting Friday, so I have 2 quiet weeks ahead. I may be off a couple of days if my bathroom tile comes in and the work can get started. I'm really looking forward to that getting done.

that's it for now. hi to everyone, especially new folks- just join in, nice to have you!!!!

dottie
Old 06-17-2004, 11:16 AM   #23  

Happy Thursday!

Linda - How is your finger. (woke up thinking about that this a.m.)

HOT is the word here for the last few days but we are having a cooldown to the high 80s today. Melis and I got our walk in last evening. Kids and I went out to eat and saw Shrek 2 the night before - what a hoot! I think I will leave work a bit early tonight so I can get to the store - frig/pantry is getting rather bare. I need to look thru so of my recipe books as I'm just uninspired for dinners lately.

Jumping in the shower - Hi to all my LC friends and welcome to the newcomers!

Kel
Old 06-17-2004, 12:25 PM   #24  

"Muggy" is the word here! NYC in the humidity is awful...I just want to stay inside and hide!

Hi Kel, a trip to the grocery store is in order for me, too. More eggs!

Hi to everyone else, how is your day going?

Today is Ok, working at a reasonable pace(not too sloww, not too hectic.) Ate my tuna, saved myself some cheese and chicken salad for the afternoon. I am not back into the controlled "not hungry" stage yet, and I need to eat a lot! And there are a lot of brownies, dunkin donuts, and cookies around here. So I am hiding in my office to avoid temptation.

Not much else going on, tomorrow I'll be in a conference all day; I'll probably not post again til Saturday... be good chickies,
dottie
Old 06-18-2004, 02:39 AM   #25  
Slimwithin

Sorry I haven't posted since Monday. I've been going for IV therapy every morning and the finger is finally responding. The swelling and redness has moved back to the original site but it's not as painful and I can type with two hands again, although still sore. Tomorrow morning it will be reassessed. I was tested for gout so I should find out tomorrow what the answer is there. I just want it better as I can't do much of anything in the house or garden or office. Food is anything that's easy to prepare with one hand so the diet has been on the back burner all week. Oh well, it's on the mend so i will think positive and hope it's better for the weekend.
Good news from daughter in Scotland. They are coming in September for three weeks with Sarah. My goodness, she'll be 10 months old and a big girl by then. I can hardly wait.