Old 09-12-2004, 04:29 PM   #1  

Default Low Carb daily chat, week of Sept 12

Thought I'd start up for the new week. I know I won't get here tomorrow, so I can do a little bit to keep us going today!

Had a good day doing some shopping for work clothes out at the outlets in Riverhead. Got 3 outfits, 2 pants and jackets, and one other pants with a top. Then I ran out of money! I was looking for a pocketbook too, but didn't see anything that was reasonable.

Doing better with food, still on the carbs, but less than last week which was out of control. burgers and dogs tonight.

that's it for me...have a good start to the week.

Sue, nice to see you even if it's once in a while. I try to come here even when not dieting cause if I didn't, it would be even worse! It's so good to have this place-

My goal for this week, is to eat healthier!

Specifically:

1.eat vegetables
2. protein for breakfast(NO BAGELS!) and
3. no cookies!

I swear!

dottie
Old 09-12-2004, 05:20 PM   #2  

LOL! Dottie, I've figured out that I'm down that few lbs. due to skipping my evening desert/snackie so I think you are on the right track with the 'no cookies'!

Hey, congrats on the shopping! I really have a hard time shopping for comfy work clothes. I don't need to dress waaay up but can't look too laid back either. I'm always looking for the 'perfect' thing.

Wow, Linda, you are going to have a housefull! Good idea about the make ahead stuff for the freezer. That will make meal prep time less stressful.

Boy, Ruth, puppytime is coming up fast! I would love to see both the girls PG - too cute!

L - So sad about little man's friend's mom. But you are doing the best thing with trying to make life normal for her son, etc. I will keep them all in my prayers.

Sue! Good to see you! Make some 'me' time for yourself and visit us more often!

Meowna - Hope you had a good lake weekend!

Dragging around today as we got to bed late last evening. Bry had his 1st double header of the fall season with his school team and we didn't get home until 11 then had to 'unwind'. Just a bit of cleaning, moving the sprinkler around to cover dry spots in the lawn, and laundry to due today. Oh, and a bit of ironing as CPA Mike and I will be at a client's site all week and I need to look a bit more spiffed up.

Happy Sunday all.

Kel
Old 09-12-2004, 09:32 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Lord if you did not guess this weekend was a doosie just like them all and more to come. about 4 pm I got a call that the night nurses DH was having problems with his surgery and could I con\ver. Of course I will, well no sleep and in I go. then morning comes and guess who does not show?? One of the day nurses, it turns out she hit a deer and had her car towed. (who can blame either of them??) Well off I go to start the day, I did sleep on and off today but sure was hard!! so I am exhausted, that is what I have been doing with my self this last few months!!

I am going to have to pass on a family funeral. My uncle that I have not seen in 23+ years passed from cancer. But it is a 3 hour drive both ways and I can not take the morning off, and it is all being done withint a 5 hour time frame. Life stinks some times.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning, well afternoon really,
Sue, you are unbelievable! I could never do what you do!
Dottie, I have to do your no cookie thing but I must say it is really hard!
kel, how you hanging in there? No comments about SHSTBXDH

I did my eliptical this morning. i am thinking about dropping the gym. I joined with my friend as her support but I must admit I do better at home.

Cleaning up some paper work this morning and getting a few computer things done. The jewish holidays are this week and the out-lws are coming tomorrow. I have a busy week so i hope she has a few things to do. Fil and DH are playing in a touney this weekend.

lets see...anything else? Nope that is it for me, check in later....
-L
Old 09-14-2004, 07:05 AM   #5  

hi all

well Sue, I have to say that is one I never hear down here in NYC "my car hit a deer" But I did have a nurse call in last week saying "I fell over my dog" and stayed out for a week~! I am a hospital administrator and I thought I heard them all! Nice to see you by the way-

Kel, how do you do the late nights? after 10 I am too stupid...and to get away from MIL for some alone time, I have been going upstairs at 8 and puttering around or watching tv...the clothing thing is hard for me, I hate shopping at this weight but need professional looking clothes but not "suit-y" or too dressy. Ahhh, the ironing. Yuk!

L, sounds like you have a lot on your hands, you should be proud of yourself for getting some eliptical time in!

Hi Ruth, Sono(I know you're out there!) and all else.

foodwise, I didn't do so good. Portions are OK but the maple glazed peanuts from canada that were left were really good! BUt now they're gone...boo hoo. Did my protein for breakfast thing though, and that helped. Off to get me some eggs and get to work!

have a good one,
dottie
Old 09-15-2004, 05:36 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning !!

Just popping in to say hello!!
Have a wonderful day
Old 09-17-2004, 11:11 AM   #7  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

We had fun at the lake. Ate too much junk.......darn pms Thought I would add a pic of my little guy at the lake. I will be back when I have more time.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tug and my boys.JPG (9.9 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Meowna; 09-17-2004 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:16 AM   #8  

TGIF!!!

What a grueling (sp?) week it has been. I am so wimpy about having to get up early. I've gotten up before 6, gotten ready for work, driven the boys to school, then driven for ONE HOUR to the client's site where we are doing an audit - all week long! I will have to do it all next week and part of the next also! My house is a mess but I've just not had any energy to do the usual after work spiff up this week - the boys are lucky I can drag myself thru dinner prep! Today I am heading to downtown client and I don't have to be there until 9:30 and they are only 15 minutes from home!

I'll check in with you all tonight and/or this weekend. L, I will update you on the SH latest new then.

Kel
Old 09-17-2004, 01:30 PM   #9  

Hi Kel,
Just popping in to see what's up with you all. You sound way, way too busy. I hope you can get a moment for yourself soon. If you're like me (DD's softball schedule is a huge time-taker-uper) your weekend is pretty much gone too. How's about a bottle of red wine, a hot bath, and a big "bite me" for the SH tonight?

Your long-lost Chickadee
Old 09-17-2004, 09:50 PM   #10  

lol - luckily I don't have to have a thing to do with SH so it is all good here!

Yes, we have baseball on the weekends but they have been doing double headers on Saturday nights so it doesn't eat up day time hours - maybe I'll get some cleaning done....

Update on SH: (who is now offically SHx since it's been w-a-y over 6 months since those papers were filed - but property settlement not done yet *sigh*) So after he sent that horrible, nasty, vile, disturbed e-mail to the boys at the beginning of June and the boys told him he was in a very bad place right now and they didn't want to have anything to do with him until he got some help, and he didn't see them AT ALL over the summer, his mom came into town last week and wanted to see the boys. So Cody told her we all would be at Bry's game on Saturday and she could come see us there. She did and SH came with her so he got a few words with the boys also. Then he sends me an e-mail a few days ago saying that there is video of him (from investigators - he has had 2 workcomp suits going for 14 years now) and be prepared for S.S. (for the kids) to be cut. (which means that child support would be cut too) I tell ya, I am soooo glad to be away from all that negative drama - his low moods of doom/gloom/bad karma/etc. would really affect the whole family and I'm very grateful to be removed from that.

So what is going on in your neck of the woods, Chickadee? You sure are doing great guns with your weight loss! Wow!

*waves* Hi to everyone else! What have you got on the docket for the weekend?

Kel
Old 09-18-2004, 06:21 AM   #11  

hey all youze, whatcha doin'?

It's the crack of dawn on Saturday morning, I am up early cause I went to bed at 9:30! DH and I were so tired last night, it was a fight to stay up even that late! I took the night "off" from MIL and went out to dinner with my sister, and DH did MIL duty(supper for them both, and tv and talk. He was so glad to see me when I got home! She is a talker! And it's hard to watch TV with her because she is a little hard of hearing and keeps the volume up too high. It's very hard to take...

So today I'll do a biggish grocery shopping, some light house cleaning, and some cooking. It's supposed to just rain all day, so it might be fun to do some baking. She'll like that, and DH will be in heaven.

I found out an interesting thing about myself. We are using a blood glucose monitoring kit to test MIL for spikes related to a medicine she takes. So I've been testing myself a few times to learn to use the machine, and see my own levels. Well, they're always in line, never been high, but they go VERY low! I sort of knew that my big food craving and get all weak and shaky when I'm hungry is probably from hypoglycemia, but it was interesting to see it in the tests. I am taking more care to eat more often, just a little bit of carb and protein together...

that's all the news. I don't want to whine and complain...things are going OK, I miss my time alone in the house, my computer time, holding the remote, eating what I WANT, and just being QUIET! But I am learning to carve out time away and alone. I am finding things that she will eat alone- soup and Stouffers and fruit and cereal bars. But it's still an adjustment...DH and I need to go off and be alone! this is sick, we are thinking of going in to work today for a while together! We both are behind in paperwork, and it would give us a chance to drive into the city together and hang out!

that's it for now,,,maybe I'll come back later-
be good,
dottie