Old 11-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #46  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Kim--I feel so bad for you with the wet car--ugh. Of course the visual was pretty funny--but I still feel bad.

Bullie--I started on Gold with lites at 188.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:27 AM   #47  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

kim so sorry to hear about your swampmobile. try to keep your butt dry! I agree with lea ann the visual was pretty funny.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #48  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Kim.....you always make me laugh...all of you do. This site not only helps me keep on the staight and narrow with LAWL...it keeps me in touch with other grown ups!!! I have never really been online as much as I have been lately. I feel like I am always trying to sneak in two minutes to check out this thread. My computer is in my kitchen, which really helps.......as I spend most of my day preparing food and cleaning up messes I am not complaining about that though.......I wouldn't have it any other way.......most days
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #49  
Post-Master

And Evette......you look FABULOUS!!! I cannot imagine you at 215. You are so close to your goal. I bet you feel so good!!! I am curious, now that you are so close, do you ever feel like you could be satisfied with your accomplishments and do maintainance now? I have wondered if that is what will happen to me when I get within like 15 pounds of my goal. That question is really for all of you that are SOOOOOOO close to goal. You all truly are an inspiration!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #50  
on LAWL

Nicole--I suppose I am on "unintentional" maintenance! Not officially of course but my mind seems to think we are just fine where we are. Granted (and I am the FIRST to admit) I have not been 100% OP in a very long time. On the positive side I have basically eaten/drank what I wanted since May and have managed to always stay within 3 pounds so I call that a success. I really have every intention on getting back on the train then something comes and derails me! But, no excuses--it's all me. One pitfall was I was more focused on a size instead of a weight and once I got into a 10 I just sorta quit worrying. I wish I wasn't so comfortable about the way I look so I would try harder--haha. Of course I see plenty I don't like but compared to how I felt about myself 10 months ago I can't complain. It's all so psychological for me. Anyway--probably not what you were asking about but my 2 cents!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #51  
Post-Master

Oh, yes, that is exactly what I was asking. When they asked me at my COD what I wanted to weigh, I thought, 'well, I don't really know yet.' I gave 140 as my number, but that was only because 5 years ago, I weighed 140 and could wear a size 8 comfortably. If I weighed more and wore a size 8 comfortably, I think it would be pretty hard to keep trying to lose. I think it is WONDERFUL that you are comfortable with how you look. I don't know how old you are, but for me, at age 36, and after bearing 5 children, I am pretty ok with the fact that I am not going to have the body of a supermodel. I never did. Even as a teenager, I always had a nice "squishy belly," as my 4 year old calls it. I mostly want to feel healthy, and look good in my clothes. That is really why I asked, because I think that our bodies have a comfortable healthy weight that we always bounce back to. At one time in my life (and it was not a very good time in my life), I was down to 122 lbs. The reason I mention this, is because I worked REALLY hard to get there, (which I now know was too little for my height and frame), but I was killing myself to maintain it. That is not healthy. Whenever I have been thin in my life, I always bounce right around 140-145. So, when they asked me what I wanted to weight, you can bet I wanted to say 125, but I know better. I don't even know if I could maintain 140 anymore, as my body has changed quite a bit over the last 5 years. And that, (sorry, I tend to get long winded) is why I asked. I am wondering when I get down close, like say, maybe 155 or 150, if I really feel like that is where I should be....I wonder if I will continue to work towards my goal, or if I will be ok with it. What do you think of that? And............I think it is wonderful that you have been able to maintain your successes. That is the real battle, as far as I am concerned......changing bad habits, for the long haul.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #52  
Maintainer

Hmmm... that's a question that I've been asking myself for a couple of weeks now. Come to think of it...DH and I were just talking about all of this yesterday. Unlike Lea Ann, I'm more focused on my weight rather than my size. My DH thinks I'm at a great size. Right now I'm wearing a size 6 but can fit some size 4's, but I weigh 143 pounds. I would like to reach 128 pounds. See? I'm stuck on seeing those numbers!! Arggh! But, with that said, I am extremely satisfied with my accomplishments and I feel wonderful!

With family and friends telling me that I should just stop and just maintain, I'm still thinking about it. I do think that my body is telling me that it's comfortable with this weight because I've been here for 2 or more weeks and the scale hasn't budged. I'm still trying to push though. We'll see what happens. When I look in the mirror, I still see the fat girl! What's up with that? I hope that answers your question.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #53  
FBD/8-18-08

A Thanks filled November to all!!!
I got up yesterday at 4:30 and went to bed at midnight... What a day! I took ds to work, stayed around and finally went in to help out in the church office around 10:30. Left there at 4 (but sec#1 said she is totally caught up for now!) waited for ds to get off work. Took him to McD's (out of desperation I had a grilled chicken sandwich minus the bread and mayo - YUK!) Was supposed to have a meeting at 4 which turned in to 6 and he finally showed up at 6:45 and left 20 min. later with nothing accomplished. Hung around after church for some vocalists to try out for praise team, went to Walmart to pick up a few things so I wouldn't have to go today...
Got up this morning at 6:30 and realized it had rained so ds called boss to see if they were working... nope - mom got up for nothing!
I really enjoyed working in the office... I left a very professional job to come home with my boys and it felt good being back in a semi-professional position even if it is short term and volunteer.
Had a new sliding glass door installed yesterday (finally, we had all new windows installed in the summer and they had to order the door) Left dh here to for the installation.... well, I get home last night and the door is installed in reverse... (Thanks DH!) So I've got to reverse the vert. blinds today...
Well, said all that to say... I've been POP except for a cupcake yesterday (yum) which to be honest, I don't regret. I was so tired and had only taken enough food for lunch and snacks... I was beginning to feel light headed and dizzy, so one of the teachers offered it to me... yum, but to be honest, I don't remember tasting it much, just choking it down so I could go into service and lead praise and worship...
Haven't weighed yet today - dh is just starting to move around, he got in at 4am.
Scale is still demon possessed (and this is the 2nd one we've bought since August!) I'm wondering if it has to do with my weak knee that I favor... maybe the way I stand on it??? I don't know... I just know that it is impossible to gain 7 pounds in 1 min! (well, at least not unless I eat a DOZEN cupcakes at a time!)
Cassi - You are so awesome... 50 pounds is AMAZING but you are soooooo devoted to this plan! Proof that this DOES work! (Did I mention how awesome you are???)
Bulliemomma - I took a quick look at your "name" and thought is said Bulemia - and I thought - WOW, that took hoodspa! Love the avatar! Great "mug"! There are a lot of dog lovers out here! (me, me, me!)
Kim - I've never needed a snow shovel to get IN my car... and if it was a SUN roof, why did it let all that other stuff in?!? Maybe yours is a rain and snow roof! - Seriously though... a carpet cleaner with an upholstery attachment will take care of the moisture and smell! Also, your car dealer can do the same thing! (make the salesman pay a little more!)
Everyone I missed - sorry, my HoneyLove Sugar Babe is coming down the hall and I'm going to spend some time with him! (I luuuuuuv that man!)
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #54  
Kim - IP 9/10

Lea Ann - I think that its great that you've been able to maintain - even if it is unintentional. It's really all about body image, isn't it? If you are currently happy in a 10, good for you!

Nicole - I understand what you saying about setting your LAWL goal at your first meetings. My first time around (3yrs ago), they asked what weight I was happy at. Well, I dug way back in my mind and came up with 135. I was over 100 lbs from that at the time! I focused too much on the end of the journey, and got discouraged after losing 30lbs. This time I set my goal much higher, and when I get there, if I'm happy, I'll stay. If not, I will decide on a new one. For me it is more psychologically manageable.

Since we are being so introspective today, I would like to say that this time around has been much less of a struggle, and I can only chalk it up to this site, and all of you wonderful losers helping me out. Just talking and reading everyday has kept me really motivated. So, ladies!!!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #55  
on LAWL

Nicole--I think at 5'7, then 140 would be thin (to me!!). It's hard to decide on a silly number when you are getting all the paperwork going. We are very sturdy stock in my family so I knew 150 was a good healthy weight for me. COD said my "optimal" weight is 138--no thanks--I'm good with 150. I am soooo glad I didn't let them pick a number for me. The smallest I was in high school was 127 after a loooong bout with mono and strep--and honestly, I looked like death. I'm 36 and I've had 2 kids and I know my body well enough to know that I'll never be "supermodel" thin (but I never have either!)--and I'm totally fine with it--haha. I think when you get there (wherever "there" is) you'll know. You will have learned what you need to know and it will be comfortable and easy to maintain. I like knowing I can have the occasional splurge meal/weekend and it's not the end of the world.

Evette--I am mostly happy with the way I look--but I still need to hear it--because I usually still see the fat me in the mirror. This past weekend was great for me--we had a weekend getaway with my sis and her DH and they both thought I looked smaller than this summer--and I am not--so it was great to hear.

Kim--thanks. I know I need to get back on track. Sometimes being on track is no fun though--lol. Body image can wreak havoc on us all. It's a battle but one we are all winning!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #56  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Heye everyone,

Well WI today and ....down 2.2 since MOnday. Not quite sure how but I have been pretty much POP. I actaully have trouble most days getting all my servings in but I am working on it.

I can't wait until next week. I go to work on Monday and then I am off for 2 weeks. I haven't had any time off really since my dad died in march so I am really looking forward to it. I am not going anywhere..just having some days for me. DH will be away for 1 week of that at the candlepin bowling worlds in Bangor so I will have just me and the pooch for a week and I don't mind a bit!!!

I gotta go and get ready to start work for the day but I will be back later. Have a great day and congrats to all the losers this week!!!

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #57  
Maintainer

Hey guys....just wanted you all to know that Dr. Oz is on the Oprah show today! Here's something I thought was interesting:

Stepping on a scale is the primary way that people measure the success of their diet, Dr. Oz says, "because it's easy to do. But it's actually misleading in many ways."

For one thing, muscle weighs more than fat. By turning fat to muscle, you'll weigh more even though you'll be healthier. Also, weight doesn't tell you where the fat is. Fat around your legs and thighs is relatively harmless, but fat around your waist can lead to serious medical problems.

Instead of focusing on the number on the scale, Dr. Oz says to focus on the number around your waist. The ideal waistline for women is 32 and a half inches and 35 inches for a man—a goal that is achievable by everyone, no matter your age, Dr. Oz says. In the Oprah Show audience 47 percent of women and 93 percent of men were over the ideal waist size.

"Mike and I are doctors," Dr. Oz says. "I want you guys to look beautiful out there…but I want you to be alive to enjoy it. And that's what this is all about."

Makes me rethink my goal weight. My waistline is 29 inches. Hmmm????
Old 11-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #58  
on LAWL

I really like him (and so does Oprah!). I saw him a while back on there talking about the healthy "must have" foods and like his philosophy. I like that about the weight issue--makes perfect sense. YOU should really feel terrific about yours now!! WTG.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #59  
Post-Master

Evette........WOW................I bet the number 29 never looked so good!!!!

Part of the reason I brought this up today is, as I have been reading posts by so many women who are losing and making healthy choices and really, just making vast improvements in their lives.....I also see the emotional ups and downs due to the wrath of the scale. That is not healthy. To be honest, I was blown away when they told me they were going to weigh me three times a week. I have mixed feelings about this, because even though I think it is kind of outragous.........it seems to be working well for so many of us. And, I am a home every day weigher...........so it's not like I have risen above the numbers........I like the instant gratification of even 0.2 pounds lost. I just think it is something to really keep in mind as we venture on this jouney. There is something in our brains that allowed us to get overweight. If that demon is not faced, we may not remain LAWL success stories. I don't know if these are things the program itself addresses as you go on, but I think it is something to think about. When I quit smoking, I asked my doctor to give me Zyban to help quit. He gave me the script, but then warned me that the only way I would remain a non-smoker was to find out what on earth would make me smoke in the first place, knowing all of the health risks. I don't think unhealthy eating habits are much different.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #60  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Evette-

Okay-I can see that-but the real question is-what's the ideal *** size-cuz that's what I go by!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote