Old 11-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
what's the ideal *** size-cuz that's what I go by!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #62  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

JM: you just crack me up, girl!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #63  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the laugh............you are too much!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:12 PM   #64  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
Evette-

Okay-I can see that-but the real question is-what's the ideal *** size-cuz that's what I go by!

Actually, I think that topic will be debated tomorrow on Jerry Springer!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #65  
Post-Master

Cassi.....I know you are having a busy day, so if you don't have time to answer this question today, don't worry about it.......

On fitday.com, what does NFS stand for. It is listed after quantities of food, like cucumer, 1 cup NFS.

I just love fitday, and I thank you for letting me know about it.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I'm not quite sure, but I think it's "no fat or sugar"? maybe Deb or someone else can jump in and confirm or correct?
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #67  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Originally Posted by juliemarie
what's the ideal *** size-cuz that's what I go by!

Oh yea, I hear ya on that one!! My waist is 31 1/2" but my a$$ is nowhere near average size.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #68  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Kim - Why do you even need a sunroof in upstate NY?? Not a great way to start your day! Thanks for sharing your story though - it sure made my day seem GREAT!
Pearl - I totally related to your scale concerns - "maybe the way I stand on it??? " I thought I was the only one that strategically centered myself on the scale at an ever so slight angle - like it's going to make any difference. Scales are not my friend. Not the big one I step on nor the little ones that weigh my food. A CUPCAKE... well, you know what they say about people that live in glass houses......so I'll just zip my lip right now!
Alannah - a week with just my pooches, no work and no DH sounds like pure heaven to me (I love my guy, but I would love to rule the remote control, eat cereal for dinner, and sleep in the middle of the bed with my puppies!)
Evette - I tape Oprah every day so I'll have to watch the episode. Dr. Oz always talks about poop - it's so funny. Discovery channel is going to have a Dr. Oz show on tomorrow called You: On a Diet - it's on at 10 PM eastern time (based on a book he wrote with another guy and it talks about how food is absorbed and used in the body).
Nicole - I had to do some searching and the best I could come up with for NFS is that it equals not further specified.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:40 PM   #69  
Deb on LAWL

Nicole- I am really NotForSure I think Joni has it pretty close. There are some that have NS after it referring to a topping. Like beans, with onions, NS as to fat added in cooking. I would say that means not specified, or not specific.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #70  
Post-Master

I have a question about a recipe...but I'm sure one of you will know the answer and see my question quicker on this thread. I am making the Pasta with Shrimp recipe that Pearl posted as we speak. It says it serves 8. It calls for 1 lb of shrimp. I was thinking, wow, only 2 oz of shrimp, that's a bummer, so I looked in my plan book to see if that is the serving for shrimp. For the purple plan, it states 7 oz uncooked for 1 serving. Does this mean I can cook more shrimp, and consume 5 more oz with my dinner? I can understand on the pasta, that that would have to be only 1 oz. What do you ladies think?

Oh, and thanks for the guesses on NFS!
Old 11-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #71  
Deb on LAWL

Nicole, I would go ahead and cook up some extra shrimp. If I run across a recipe like that I will either up the protein or have 1/2 the protein for another meal.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:55 PM   #72  
Deb on LAWL

Kim- Bummer about your car. Hopefully it gets dried out, along with you bum..

Alannah- Great job on the 2.2 lbs! Enjoy your time off.

Great SV and NSV for me today. I hit 180 on the nose at the COD. First goal has been MET!!! Afterwards I went looking for a new pair of jeans and about 1/2 of the 18's were almost too big, so I grabbed a pr. of 16's and THEY FIT!!

I also added a monthly picture to my webshots album, so please check it out and let me know what you think.(click on the link in my siggy) In the last picture I have on a pair of jeans from when I was my heaviest. Notice I have on the new jeans underneath. I can actually slip them on and off without unbuttoning and unzipping them. Those jeans and one shirt are all that I have left in bigger sizes, and I am keeping them to remind me where I am not going to go again!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Ok ladies,

I need your help. I have a friend who can't find her information and she is allergic to the bars. She was on purple w/lites and wants to do the program without lites. Can you please help me to help her?

I would appreciate any help that you have.

I am off to my dd Drama Club meeting? I'll check back later.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #74  
FBD/8-18-08

Nicole - How about....
Non sufficient funds (ouch!)
Need for speed (I have boys remember?)
Not so fast...
Non Strategic Forces
Naval Support Facility (I guess that would be spelled NavEl! - not a bad name for a girdle company!)
No Significant Findings - actually this one could be for real!
No starch found
No sugar found
No stupidity found
No substance found
No saturated fat
Needs Sweeter Forum (that would NOT apply to us!)
Nervous System Frozen
No Santa Findings
Never ship frozen
No sex forever

I just thought I'd add a few options!

I did go to the site and do a search... nothing found... so I checked out an acronym site - and then added a few of my own.
PS - let me know how the shrimp turns out!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:46 PM   #75  
Post-Master

Oh my goodness........the shrimp is heavenly!!!!!!!!!!! Pearl.....I LOVE your recipes!!! I have only tried the Italian Chicken Soup and this Pasta With Shrimp.........and I LOVE them both. I am really beginnig to appreciate food now, and enjoy it, and these recipes are killer. I cannot wait to share them with my family in Wisconsin. I always cook yummy meals for them when they come, and they will have NO clue that the new recipes I make for them are actually healthy ones I have to make a grocery list and try out some of these other recipes. I love to cook. Thank you again!!! And I love all of your guesses for NFS....you crack me up.

OHH, and I didn't forget........ a big shout out and thanks to Joni, the shrimp is yummy!!!