Old 11-07-2006, 09:47 AM   #166  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joni--I'm with you--wasn't POP but wasn't too POOP either. Had a couple of Tootsie midgies (ALL halloween candy came to school today for the community candy jar on the secretary's desk!)--then under in veggies and fruits and missed my dairy--ugh. Saw the mention of the steel cut oatmeal--funny--it's already on my "Oz" list. That--and I am going to find the grapefruit essential oils for sugar cravings! I really like the book--some parts are too hard for me--the technical and the "I KNOW I shouldn't but I do parts!"
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #167  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Good day all! I WI tonight....have been so bad, I had a no-no weekend and then last night went over by 1/2 a baked potato and I'm sure the fish at the restuarant had salt....I decided not to eat the last La Lite thinking maybe the baked potatoe was enough forthe calorie intake.....don't know if it works like that or not but that's what I did.

I had grapefruit for all 3 fruits this morning as my breakfast hoping it will help with water retintion....and after my first liter of water well have some lemon water. maybe the la lite hot cocoa instead of a bar this afternoon (only 50 calories instead of 180) slim downand lettuce for lunch....what do you think? Well this keep me from showing a gain?

I think I am SOL, I better still be in onderland....
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #168  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi All
Well I'm back from Buffalo and it's Black Tuesday for me! We had a 2 hour wait to cross the border, the Packers lost and I gained 2.4 lbs!!! I was 0.8 away from Onederland on Friday. Did not have a bite of food at the game as my DH enjoyed an aromatic hotdog and a cheeseburger later. Ate my lites and did have a few lite beer. I know I had one over what I alloted for but I see all these skinny young things that eat no food and live on drinks and they are bean poles.
Yesterday still in Buffalo we went out of our way to find a Dennys so I could eat OP from my book. We were walking everywhere and I'm now in a dark cloud over this gain. I think after living like a Nun for the last six weeks that an afternoon of declining all bad foods and enjoying a few lite drinks I shouldn't have to pay that heavy a price.. no pun intended.
So I'm done my rant now, thinking I should do TortureOneself this week and off to be a glutton for punishment!
Thanks for all the ears ladies... you know you'll see me back to my chipper self sometime this week but I shall be wallowing in my misery until then!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:26 AM   #169  
on LAWL

Kristen--I say it's travel weight--we all (well me!) do it, even when we are good. I say hit the lemon water and stick with "lighter" choices and you'll be pleasantly surprised in the morning!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #170  
Kristen-LAWL

Thanks Lea Ann for attempting to drag me out of the deep dark weight pit I'm wallowing in!! Your kids are cute!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

Kristen-it's probably just water retention. Any time I drink (which, honestly, is probably more than I should!), I increase my water intake by quite a bit (12 servings instead of 8), which seems to keep me losing.

What's all this Oz talk? Can anyone give me a quick summary of what he talked about? I'm curious now...especially about the grapefruit controlling sugar cravings? Did I read that right?

Skipped WI yesterday as I forgot my diary (again)...and then this morning I realized I didn't stick it in my purse (again!). Argh. I'll go though. My scale has been funky and goes all over the place. I'll step on it once and I'll be at 212, then I'll try 5-10 minutes later and I'm up to 215! I don't trust it. I'm thinking of returning it. It's supposed to be high quality and it cost me $50! It has a lifetime guarantee, so I might call up the company and see what they can do.

Gotta go pee! Have a great morning!
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #172  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Krispie - Sorry that you're upset. I felt the same way you do when I got back from my 4 day cruise (4 days - how much can one person possibly gain in 4 days??? try 6 lbs.) I came back, ticked off, especially because I tried to be as good as possible and still gained more than expected. How unfair!

Well, after being talked off of the ledge by my wonderful DH, I came to a realization, and maybe a rationalization. Reality - I did what I could handle while away from home, on a vacation. I enjoyed myself, ate a few things I shouldn't, but also kept myself somewhat in control. It was a nice 4 days with my friends and DH and I am thankful that we had that. Rationalization - maybe my weight loss was too new and precarious to stay steady through all of the new foods thrown at it, and especially the sodium content.

I did TO and stayed 100000% POP from Tuesday - Friday and took it all off, plus a little. It really helped my focus and mood and I am more dedicated to losing weight than I have ever been.

So, I hope that you stop beating yourself up about it, and get back to at least where you were soon! That was in the past, you have a whole lot of future ahead of you, and all of us to help out along the way!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #173  
on LAWL

Kristen--first--you are allowed to wallow--sometimes we just need to! SEcond--thanks--I think so too. I miss them being little though (sometimes--haha).

Meagan--the latest book from Dr. Oz (leading heart doctor, he was recently on Oprah and I am still thankful to Evette for letting us know!) is "YOU: on a Diet" and it's a lot we already know about eating right but goes a lot deeper. Anyway--one thing in the book was about the scent of grapefruit (like essential oils) reducing sweet cravings--hey--I'm at the point where I'll try anything!

Morning Kim!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:50 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Michelle - The substitutions should probably keep you from a permanent gain, but don't be too upset if you see a little gain. A 1/2 baked potato will not make you gain 2lb. There just aren't enough calories. The salt, however, may cause a TEMPORARY gain. Since this plan is so low-sodium, any extra salt on our foods just makes us retain water like a sponge. Stick to your plan and you'll do just fine.

Kristen - All is all it sounded like the trip was fun. And that's the important thing. You did what you could. Get down from the ledge and move on. That much may also be sodium since you did eat out a lot. (See note to Michelle above). Just get back on the horse and keep going.

Kim - Great advice. I went through the same thing in June. My motto throughout the vacation was that if I was going to eat it and show a gain, it would be worth every bite. The things I chose to splurge on were yummy!

Meagan - Glad you're going to WI today even without your book. So... how much do you drink that you can cancel it out with extra water? Kinda wondering what my "limit" might be?

Lea Ann - Good morning!

By the way... I'm doing TO Sunday and Monday if anyone is interested in joining!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:37 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

Cassi-I can generally do up to two glasses of wine with no noticeable changes if I up my water intake (sometimes I indulge a bit more than that though, which slows my WL). I ONLY drink white wine, which has the least amount of calories...about 75-80 calories for 4fl oz. I never touch beer, as the calories add up so much faster and it's starchy. I definitely need to cut back more than I have, but my fitday calculations always stay within the 1200-1500 calorie range, even if I have some wine. But that's just me...don't take this as advice or encouragement to drink!
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:47 AM   #176  

Good morning ladies,
I did a new class at the gym last night and I can barely walk....it felt good to have that great workout, but I'm paying for it today! My scale at home is up a pound today. I'm sure it's probably water retention around my muscles from overuse?? (wishful thinking??) What can I do to help with this before tomorrow's WI? I'm drinking a ton of water and today is my exercise rest day. I plan on having some lemon water tonight. I've also heard some of you talk about apple cider vinegar...I suppose that's worth a try!

Another question...about the TO, how often can you do it? I'm getting ready to go on a trip this weekend for 4 days, and while I plan to stay on track, we will be eating out some, and I'm thinking TO might be a great thing to do when we return. Any advice or suggestions? And I know some of you have used the Knudsen's juice in place of the LAWL juice; is there a specific type I look for?

Thanks for putting up with all my newbie questions! Have a great day.
Shell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #177  
FBD/8-18-08

Joni - I love that take charge attitude about eating out! Why is it so difficult to get something WITHOUT all the "stuff" on it?!? That is actually the EASIEST way to prepare it!?! Sometimes, it's a chef's ego that causes the problem when you want to deter from "his" recipe! I know we were in a restaurant a few years ago and my MIL ordered her steak well done (YUK!) and the chef refused to cook it that way! Needless to say, our party of 5 left and haven't gone back. I think it's awesome to have your husband jump on the "healthy" band wagon! (husbands measure??? That would be too much like asking for directions or even following directions!)

Kim - I think you're adorable! - Good job on the loss!!!

Cassi - I couldn't agree more! Vote YOUR heart and what YOU beleive - JUST VOTE!!! That's what separates us from so many other countries! God bless the USA!

Carol - : :

Michelle - Whenever you overdo it on the salt - WATER, WATER, WATER!

Krispie - I'm sending you - now get out of the pit of misery you're wallowing in and get your sites back on that goal!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! The important thing is, you didn't let it drive you away! You came right back to LAWL and that's a NSV!!! YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!

I did the steel cut oats for breakfast (enough left for tomorrow!) Also did a big batch of egg cups... (enough left for 3-4 days!)

It's kinda gloomy here but both DSs are here. Oldest is bummed because he isn't working today... I was thinking I didn't have to go out, but I gotta vote, so I have to go out anyway!

Blessings everyone! Stay POP! Plan, Plan, Plan. Drink (water), Drink (water), Drink (water), and stay motivated!!! You're all worth the effort!

Joni - I'm worried about Katie too... and Reddeborah... Let's all keep lifting them up in our prayers!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #178  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone. Hope you are all having a good day! Luckily I don't have to worry about the travelling tempatations anytime soon but I know for me right now as I am just 2.5 weeks into this journey I am even staying away from eating out right now. I guess I want to make sure I have the plan ingrained in my brain before I go anywhere that will cause too much temptations. Only a select couple of friends and hubby even know I am doing this at all. Mom and MIL both are sabateurs and I feel better just not letting them know. I figure they'll figure it out soon enough when the losses start to actually show. But by then I will be over the worst part and be better able to handle it when they try to get me to eat things I don't want to.

Went to COD this am and was down another 1b. Had to return a whole box of oranges to the grocery store as after I got them home the ones on the bottom were bad...go figure. I'll wait another couple of weeks for the clementines to start coming down in price and buy some of them instead. I am 0.2lbs from 10lbs off in total. I am really hoping that when I go in again on friday I get that little bit off as I really want to see that 10lb mark.

May see what the OZ book costs up here in New Brunswick but normally hard covers especially are very expensive and normally I have to wait for awhile for the price to come down. As it is my favorite author has a new one out and they want $26 for it (soft cover but 900 pages) and I am trying to convince myself it is worth it!!!

Well, that's it for now. Be back later! Have a great Tuesday!!!

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #179  
Kristen-LAWL

Okay ladies
I have dusted myself off, came in off the ledge and shut the window! I'm back! I decided I would do the Takeoff this morning and tomorrow and boost that weight along. I shall also suck on lemons all day and throw myself on the eliptical machine tonight too. Thank you thank you thank you to all of you for reeling me back in
One nice bit of news, as we were having lunch in Buffalo at Denny's so I could stay on plan (their Grilled Chicken Sandwich is INCREDIBLE) I saw a LAWL across the street. As big as Buffalo is and I don't know it at all there was a centre. So I went in and bought 5 boxes of bars as we don't have chocolate mint or brownie flavor here. Chocolate mint is absolute favorite treat so those will be superb. Once I run out I shall be noting all of you to mail me boxes of them
Saw the Biggest Loser cookbook in a store today and it had some great recipes. I'm going to type up one or two for Pearl and Cassi to give me a hand figuring out too (please and thank you oh wise ladies of LAWL)
Hope you are all having a good day and I'm off to get my 3 ounces of lunch chicken..........yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwww!

Kristen
Old 11-07-2006, 02:28 PM   #180  
I can do this!! (LAWL)

S/C/G: 154.5/148.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon everyone!!

New chick here!!! I found this site a few days ago and have been reading through, trying to get to know everyone. I decided today to join. I added my bio to the bio thread, so I won't bore you with all the details, but I just joined LAWL a couple weeks ago. Things are going pretty good so far, just looking forward to the new me!! I have about 25 lbs to go..........

Christy
Mom23Furries is offline   Reply With Quote