Old 09-20-2004, 08:39 PM   #91  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!! You have all been so helpful with information as I start my research. I have set up a lunch date with my friend for thursday to get some more information. I think that once i can gather some more information for myself it will be much easier for me to make a decision. I will be sure to keep you all updated and drop by as often as i can.

Brittnye
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:59 AM   #92  

Hi Chicks,
Hope everyone is doing good. I am making a change and wanted to let ya'll in on it. I have been reading Dr. Atkins book and have decided to start the Induction Phase tomorrow. My sister-in-law has had great success for the past five years and she has encouraged me to switch now since I seem to be stuck anyhow.
I don't want to stop posting here becuz you chicks are so much fun and chatty. So I hope it is okay if I still throw in my two cents here too. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing and what I think of it. Actually I did it for a short time 5 years ago, by following what a freind told me and not reading the book. This time I thought I would read first and go from there.
Talk to you all later - HUGS-
Oh I will weigh in tomorrow and post my correct weight then also...
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:19 AM   #93  

Good luck, Star! I'm looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

Hi everyone else! Hope your Tuesday is going well - it's pretty quiet on here today so I guess everyone is staying busy! I was *almost* POP yesterday - somehow I shorted myself a fruit AND my dairy! I think I was planning to put cheese on my burger at dinner but then we didn't have any, and I forgot all about making it up. My home scale said I was within .2 of my weight at my last weigh-in, so I can't decide if I'm glad or disappointed that I won't weigh in today (I should, but DH has our one car so I can't go anywhere. I feel like I really should weigh in today and accept whatever the scale says, but I'm a little thankful that I get the reprieve and maybe by tomorrow I'll actually be down! ).

Question for the day! I'm wondering if anyone on here regularly drinks MORE than the recommended 64 oz of water per day??? I know I see a significant difference if I drink LESS than that, and good results when I hit that 64-oz mark, but my coworker swears that she doesn't lose unless she drinks more like 80-100 oz per day, and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that the MORE they drink, the bigger their losses?

Wishing everyone a happy, productive, POP day!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:27 AM   #94  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey Fiona,

I drink water ALL day long and average around 100 oz. while at work. I then drink water when I get home, except for maybe dinner. I also do my hot lemon water at night.

I will go in either today or tomorrow for my weigh in, so I'll see if that helps.

How often do you weigh in? My counselor said as long as I come 1x per week that was ok.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:33 AM   #95  

Good morning everyone!

Fiona - I always drink the 64 ounces at a minimum, but usually somewhere between 80 and 96. I've always got a 16 oz. bottle of water nearby, and I go through about 5 or 6 of them a day, plus a glass of iced tea in the morning for a little caffeine. I'm pretty much always thirsty - I've been checked for diabetes and that isn't it; my doctor thinks it might be allergies that keep my throat dry, but it's not a big enough inconvenience to test further - I just pee a lot.

I really haven't paid enough attention to days I drink less or more, and the corresponding weight loss, to notice a difference, though.
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:40 AM   #96  

Tammy - I weigh in 3X a week. That's the main reason I chose LA over something like WW. I know that if I was only weighing in once a week on, say, Wednesday, I'd go nuts and binge on Thurs and Fri, figuring I could make up for it before my next weigh in, and then I'd end up stretching out the bingefests a day longer and a day longer, until I was completely off the wagon. 3X a week helps keep me honest, though even now, I find myself more inclined to cheat on Friday nights when I know I won't be weighing in again until Monday.
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:47 AM   #97  

I always shoot for 3X, although about a third of the time I only make it 2x, but never less than 2. Amy, that's one reason that I try to weigh in on Saturdays - it breaks up that "cheatin' weekend" mindset for me! Although if I have a cheat night, it's usually Saturdays, right after I've weighed in!

Fiona
Old 09-21-2004, 12:19 PM   #98  

On Micheal Thurmans 6 Week Body Make Over, you drink 100 ozs of water a day. I also notice that my loss is alot better when I drink the water. On Atkins you drink atleast 64 ozs and like on all other plans this is to assist in digestion and avoid constipation.
For me, it takes concentration to get all the water in, but at the end of the day, it's worth the effort.

Kristi, Long ago when I did Atkins, I lost 10 pounds and quit and gained it back. Back then I didn't know it was a four phase plan with the last phase being "Lifetime Maintenance." I guess all plans have that maintenance thing in common. Thanks for the offer of helping with questions, I might take you up on that....

Last edited by Starlynn; 09-21-2004 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:41 PM   #99  
191.8/168.2/160

I will be weighing in on Wed. and Sat.

I think I ate a bad lunch. I had a Turkey Reuben, but only half the sandwich.

So, that would be 2 starches, 1 protein, 1/2 veggie? It did have cheese, but I'm sure it wasn't 2% or less.
I had a side salad with FF italian dressing with it.

Is that too bad of a cheat?
Old 09-21-2004, 03:01 PM   #100  

Cheat or not, it sounds delicious!! Drink LOTS AND LOTS of water to help offset the starch and sodium.

On Sunday at Ren Fest I had a chicken sandwich (on a croissant, no less) literally dripping with teriyaki sauce. Talk about fat and sodium. It was definitely borderline off-plan...okay way off plan...but totally worth it. I hope you enjoyed every bite of your sandwich!

WOW, I'm through 48 oz of water already today. I have a 24-oz bottle and I try to fill it twice while I'm at work, but usually it's a struggle. Yet today I'm on my third fill already...neato.

Fiona
Old 09-21-2004, 03:20 PM   #101  
156/127.4/127.4

Hi all!

Sounds like everyone is doing well! Star, wow, what a lifestyle change huh? How long have you been doing LAWL? I think I read about every book out there and I never thought much about Atkins mostly because I did not want to give up carbs. Well here I am feeling like I get little or no carbs. I miss bread, pasta and such! You have to do what is right for you and if Atkins is right I wish you all the best! Keep posting though cuz we would miss you sooo much!!!

School was a bust today as one of my tests got cancelled because our professor hurt her back. SO I do have two more days to study for it though!! The other test I am hoping I pulled a B as it is always so hard to say how one did!!

I always wonder about the water thing too! I read a book by that Bob Greene that is Oprah's trainer and he suggested like an ounce for every pound or something like that. SO if that is wrong or right I don't know. That does not really sound right either. I just shoot for the 64 oz of water and usually I have about 6-8 oz of diet soda and maybe 4oz of coffee in the morning for a boost. If I work out I try to get 16oz during my workout. It is hard to calculate and I just keep my glass full!!

I weigh in three times a week I find it keeps me focused! IF I waited and only weighed in twice I would go crazy those few days wondering how I was doing! I weigh intommorrow and hoping the scales are going down this time instead of staying stagnet. Oh to get through TOM I swear my life would be soooo much better!
Have a great one me and my little guy are headed out to get his b-day invitaitons for next weekend. He will be 4 and is sooo excited!
Have a great POP today!
I am still soooo craving M&M's. I keep thinking I will get those Halloween packets and limit them to one packet a week????
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:41 PM   #102  
191.8/168.2/160

Sammy,

I bet your little one is excited. My little man is 7 and I just love him to death. He tells me "mommy, no one loves you more than me".. of course, I just melt!

WATER, WATER, WATER
Old 09-21-2004, 03:54 PM   #103  

Sammy,

Thanks for the encouragement.....To answer your question, I have been on LA since April 6th. Before that I was on 6 Week Body Make-over. Actually I have been on so many diets I can't even tell you. I feel like I made real headway on LA but somehow I lost my way and was stuck at my current weight. It wasn't hard for me to look at my sister-in-law with envy and decide to switch.
About the lack of carbs - I can give up anything if I see results. Since you get to eat unlimited amounts of proteins I won't be hungry. I think my body will respond to the fat burning process and Atkins also promotes exercise. I'll keep you informed.
....HUGS....
Old 09-21-2004, 04:09 PM   #104  

Thank goodness for those silly LA bars. I'm at work, the place is DEAD...half the staff is out at some charity golf thing (golf and insurance go hand in hand, I guess), I forgot to bring anything to read, so I'm hitting that "I'm bored, there's got to be something to eat around here" wall. And with m&m's on my desk and popcorn in the kitchen...! Anyway, I chomped down my Chocolate Crunch bar, which helped the m&m craving a little, and now I'm turning my attention to completely removing all that gross white crap from my freshly peeled tangerine before chomping it down, too.

At least it's on plan...

Fiona
Old 09-21-2004, 04:44 PM   #105  

I can honestly say I do miss the Lites. I have not found another bar (bar-none ) that compares to the taste or size. I think I was addicted to the chocolate crunch and the double chocolate