Old 09-17-2004, 05:12 PM   #61  
Marathon Goddess

Hi Ladies,

Oh my gosh Sy, that sounds terrible, I hope you get some relief and feeling better soon, Ive had a mild UTI and it was bad, I can only imagine how bad you must feel.

Fiona, I dont know how you can be around PB M&M's and still remain sane, I would havent gotten pretty grumpy by now, if I hadnt already eaten some! Obviously for me, out of site is the only way it works!

Sammy down .6 is great. As long as its not headed in an upward direction its a good thing.

Sounds like everyone is doing great, and a friend reminded me that Fat doesnt take a weekend break so neither should I, so i thought I would pass that on

Have a great weekend
Holly
happytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:06 PM   #62  

Holly, your friend is so right - thanks for the quote, I'll have to remember that one. I just wish the temptations would take the weekend off.

Thanks for all the get well's. I'm actually feeling pretty good, and was feeling great yesterday before this happened, that is what was so strange. Now that I know what it was going on with me, I was waking up with back pain for the past few days, and it did seem like when I had to use the restroom, it was a quick urge - I really thought it was all the water I drink, and maybe something I did while exercising? I hate taking medicine as even antibiotices make me feel tired and kind of crappy - but it's only for a few days.

Aim, thanks for the tip on the cranberry juice. There is a health food store in the area, I'll have check them out. And, don't I wish there was a Trader Joe's in our area. I visited one in NH while I was there last fall. I loved the place. Aim, also - if you look at the front of our diary, there is something that is labled Starch or Treat . I keep forgetting to ask someone at the center what that means, but you could probably substitude your limited starch for a piece of Birthday Cake and not mess anything up.

Sounds like everyone is doing good. Have a nice weekend. My challenge is to go to the SU Football game and not be temped by the only food that is available at the game like, beer, popcorn, peanuts or something worst. Maybe I will take a couple Carb Enders with me and have a slice of pizza at the game - will count for a protein and as a Carb Carver. But I should actually be sticking to the unlimited proteins until Sunday - but I could do worst, right!? Later... Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:53 PM   #63  
191.8/168.2/160

Default Week 1 Weigh In

Hey guys,
Well, I went in for my weigh in today, DOWN 4.8 THIS WEEK! I am so thrilled. I had a great counselor, who did not try to shove the LA lites down my throat.
I do like them, so I did buy 10 packages for 9.98 per box.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:51 PM   #64  

Well I weighed in today and i went down 2 ounces....which is no good since im not eating tuna and having one bar and one drink which by the way are very gross!!! and today i got the counselor i like...the manager...shes really nice and all....but she said its because i have not had a bowel movement in a couple days...so they gave me that tea....and of course that will work but cause its like exlax....but thats not really me losing the weight...but that is the reason this time...i think ill see how it goes this week and if i still see nothing...ill have to talk with the manager...which is the lady that met with me today....however...i am going to the gym an hour a day like 5 days a week and they said that im on the right plan still....and im doing everything right and its not coming off....do they give me my money back if it doesn't work....oh well we will see im am very discouraged because when i did this program like 3 yrs ago i had no problems the weight came right off...but she said my body just isnt used to all this yet...so we will see....and thanks for your input everyone!!!
*Liz
ElizabefJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:03 AM   #65  

Liz: Man, your the first I've hear of that has had such a hard time getting started in WL. I'm sorry your having such a hard time, but if the plan was not going to work for me, I know that I would want my money back - and now. I'm not suggesting you give up or anything like that. What plan are you on? How old are you? Do you have a small amount to lose? I'm trying to figure what could be your problem. I'm on the GOLD and when I started I exercised 5 days a week and still lose weight - and you have been on LA 3 years ago. I did cut back on exercising down to 3 times. And, of couse if you don't have a BM in a while, you will lose weight if you jumped on the scale before and after.

Jewels13: Hope you made it over to this thread, and Welcome to the group. Since you were on a old thread when you posted, you may have seen some food ideas. Good Luck with the 2 day take off, I lost 8 lbs in those 2 days - and what a suprise that was to me. Good Luck. Everyone on this thread is great, if you have any questions - or just want to vent - you've come to the right spot. This weekend is a little slow so don't get discouraged - you will get a quick response during the week. Take care and Good Luck. Let us know how you made out on Take Off.

Sy
Old 09-19-2004, 08:14 AM   #66  

Tams: Wow, your doing great! Keep up the good work! You don't have to tell me your address, but where do you live in NC? I love NC, we have friends and family in and around the Raleigh area. We vacation to the Outer Banks in the Kill Devil Hills/Nagshead area. I know that NC is a big state - just wondering what city your from? I have to admit that I haven't been west of Raleigh. My DH has family in the Wilmington area too, someplace on the sound - oh, near Wrightville Beach.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:05 PM   #67  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hello Everyone!!!
Sorry I haven't been around, but it has been so crazy here. And SY, you wondered correctly, I haven't really had much time to sleep in the last 10 days. My week was filled with juggling various doctor's appointments with shool, meet the teacher night's etc. The first couple of weeks of school are generally crazy, but all this doctor stuff has made life really difficult - especially since now I'm the only driver in the family. My husband's first eye surgery is set for September 29th, and the second for October 13th. We had our consult with the surgeon on Monday, and he's really excellent (actually he's one of only three surgeons in the entire country that has the expertise to use the particularly technology that will be used for my husband's surgeries - so we are both very comfortable with him and thankful that he took his case and squeezed him in ahead of other previously planned surgeries). Hubby's eyes are getting worse by the day - currently he is seeing only shadows. The swelling in my leg from the bee sting is only just beginning to go down. I also had an appointment with my orthopedic doctor - I have a bad knee from an accident I had about 10 years ago - the knee is not in very good shape right now, and I need to go for an MRI - not sure where I am going to get the time for all this!!! In spite of everything, I have been sticking to plan. I've been staying the same - but I guess this is good since my leg is still blown up with water, and I am expecting TOM. I'm hoping things will get back to more of a normal pace this week, and that I will start seeing losses again. At least I'm not gaining!!! But I do have inch loss to report!!! I had my measurements taken again on the 15th, and I am down an additional 4.75 inches, for a total loss of 15 inches in 8 weeks. I'm very pleased with that!!!! Unfortunately, I have not been able to excercise this week as much as I have in the past, so I have moved back down to the Gold Plan.

Beach: Congrats on your losses, that's so wonderful!!!

Diane: Thanks for starting the new thread, and hang in there!!!!

Sammy: Congrats on your losses. As far as I know, fat free dressing is not on program after the 2 Day Take-Off at the beginning. Have you tried olive oil as your fat? You can add it to your salad, and it's really very good. It also seems to help in terms of keeping you regular. Also, if you use milk in your coffee, it needs to come out of your dairy allowance. Congrats on pasing your computer test, and good luck with your sociology and poli sci tests this week. Oh, I seem to stall in weight loss for about a week prior to TOM, then my losses take off again - so hang in there.

Fiona: Congrats on being down, and oops I think it was you, not Sammy that asked about the low fat dressing. Sorry about that. I'd stay away from it if I were you, and try olive oil for your fat. Happy Anniversary!!! Hope you had a great time at the Renaissance Faire. SY gave you good advice as far as food while at the fair.

SY: Thanks for all your concern about me. I'm so sorry to hear about your UTI, and I hope that clears up quickly and that you are feeling better soon. I think you made a good choice regarding the cranberry juice (I think it was cranberry) in terms of the calories, etc. And Big Congrats on your losses, and being so close to goal!!! You go girl!!!

Star: I hope that you are enjoying your weekend with your out of town relatives. How is the bun and thigh roller going? I've been thinking about getting one myself. Thanks for keeping us posted on Karen. Send her big hugs for me!!!!

Karen: Hope you are safe and sound, and I look forward to reading your posts soon.

Aim: Congrats on your losses!!!!! You're doing great.

Holly: Welcome to the board, and to LAWL, it's great to have you!!!! Big congrats on your losses!!!!

Tams: Welcome to you as well!!! As for your questions: I am using the supplements and they help me a great deal. I also use the lites. It took a while to get used to the lites, as I am not a big candy/sweets fan - but now they have become a regular part of my routine, and I think they help with the inch loss. As for feeling bloated, I did feel very bloated during the first two days of LAWL, on the juice and Take-Off - but later found out that the juice had grapefruit in it, and I can't have that, as it makes me retain water.

Kim: Congrats on sticking with the program. I hope to see more posts from you soon.

Pink: How are you feeling now? I hope you are on your way to feeling yourself again. Hang in there!

Liz: It sounds like you may not be on the right color plan. I had a similar problem when I started LAWL. I was excercising too much for the Gold Program when I started, and my losses were slow during the first week (I even gained weight on the two day Take-Off at the beginning due to that juice which I now know I cant have). As soon as they switched me to the Red Program, the weight started coming off quickly. Have your counselor call the nutritionist and see if maybe you should swith color plans. Hang in there, and try not to be too frustrated. There is a lot of fine-tuning in the beginning for many of us.

Jewels: How are things going with you? Haven't seen a post from you in a while, and I hope you found the new thread.

Kristi: I haven't seen any posts from you this week, and I hope that just means that you are enjoying you are feeling better, and enjoying your week off. Hope to hear from you soon.

Well ladies, I must go - so many things to do, and nobody else to do them for me!!!! I hope this week is less crazy and that I can post more often. Big hugs to all of you!!!! I miss summer and being able to come to this board all the time!!!!

xxoo
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:04 PM   #68  

P.S.
Sorry for hogging the board!!! I had a lot of catching up to do!!!! Miss you all!!!
xxoo
June
Old 09-19-2004, 07:21 PM   #69  

I am on the red plan....and they say im on the right plan for what i am exercising right now....she says if i keep exercising this much after 2 weeks ill switch to another plan maybe....cause a lot of people dont stick to exercising....but i dunno whats wrong...i have a lot of weight to lose....over 100 lbs....and im 20 yrs old....its very discouraging becasue i know the program works becasue it worked for me before....and i really dont want to have to get surgery....that scares me....i dont know....we will see what they come up with next for me to try....im not sure they have much left to try...maybe i should see a doctor....i dunno...maybe its a health thing....but ive never had any problems before....thanks everyone for your replies!!!
*Liz
ElizabefJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:07 PM   #70  

Hi all! Ren Fest was great, I ate *okay* all things considered....teriyaki chicken sandwich for lunch, a few onion rings, and an enormous salad for dinner. DH and I ***finally*** picked out some artwork (lithographs I think) by a Ren Fest artist whose work we've been admiring every year. She does a lot of mythical-themed stuff, dragons and fairies and whatnot, so we picked out this amazing dragon print that I've been drooling over for three years which we immediately hung in the living room, and three other dragon prints that we eventually plan to hang over the couch but we have to get them framed first. So THAT was so fun! And we walked a LOT, and watched a couple of the performers, and I had very very small glasses at the wine tasting. The scale still says I'm up three pounds from weigh-in yesterday, but oh well, I was as careful as I could be and it was worth it. Plus I'm still stuffed from dinner, so THAT's not helping.

I'm really tired so I'm not going to address everyone individually (June I don't know how you do it!) so suffice it to say, "HEY!" to everyone, hope you've all had a great weekend.

Fiona

p.s. I asked my counselor...fat-free dressing counts as a free food, and low-fat (1T)counts as a fat serving.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:33 PM   #71  

Hi Again,
I just came back from some errands. While I was out I bought a new pair of jeans - everything I have is way too big, and we're having a bit of a chilly snap - so I need something other than shorts to run chores in. I was so pleased with the way the new jeans fit - as well as the way smaller size!!!! I think it's been quite some time since my hips and thighs have looked so trim!!!

Fiona: Glad to hear you enjoyed your anniversary and the Renaissance Faire. I think you did pretty well, all things considered, as far as the food went. Weighing at the end of the day, especially after you've eaten a big dinner is always going to show a tip upwards in the scale, so don't fret over it. Enjoy those new lithos and have a great day tomorrow POP!!!!

Liz: I can really feel your frustration. I felt the same way in the beginning, if it's any consolation at all to you. Like I said, it's going to take a little fine tuning for you and the counselors in the beginning, but I really think you should have them call the nutritionist and go over what's been going on with since you started on plan. I think that will help a great deal, and they will have suggestions that your counselors might not have thought of. You should also try drinking 8 oz. of hot lemon water before you go to bed at night - and I also think that the Nature's Reply tea might help you. It's not cheating at all, and it will help you to get regular, and this is very important. Good luck, and keep us posted.

SY: I see you are on line right now and are probably posting. Big hugs, and hope you are feeling better.

xxoo
June
Old 09-19-2004, 08:45 PM   #72  

June: Great to hear from you. Glad your managing, but man - what a few weeks you have been having - especially after just getting back to school. I'm glad that you and DH found a doctor that is so qualified - how lucky you are for that. Remember, take a few minutes out for yourself so you don't get run down - sounds like you have your hands full! Good going on staying the same! Hope Jewels13 finds us here.

Eliz - I hope as well that you don't have to go for surgery for your weight loss. I'm hoping for you that the program takes off for you soon, and I meant that both ways! How discouraging it must be do be sticking to plan and not seeing results. Hang in there! I'm sending skinny vibes your way! Hope you see some positive results this week!

Fiona - glad you had such a nice time at the Ren Faire, sounds like you made pretty good choices considering what you could have done! Congrats on that! Drink your water and I'm sure the 3 lbs will come right off. I would have been afraid to get on the scale after coming home from one of them, so you are much braver that I would have been.

Starr, hope your weekend is going well, and please post and let us know that Karen is okay. What a mess they will have on their hands for some time to come. In the winter months, I'm going to kick myself for saying this but I'd rather have our 150-160 annual snowfall than what our southern friends are dealing with with the past 3 hurricanes. Yikes is all I can say to that!

Have a great evening everyone. Sy
Old 09-19-2004, 11:17 PM   #73  

Hi Again,

SY: I thought I would check in again, since I saw that you were online and I figured that you had posed. I actually did take a little time for myself today and got all my excercising and walks in, as well as a short trip to Kohl's for a new pair of jeans. That did feel good!!! I've been putting together some photos for my oldest son - he has to do an "All About Me" book for school that is due on Friday. I just have a few more pictures to go and then I think I'll get some sleep!!! I totally agree with you about our friends in the South - they are in my prayers with all this terrible hurricane weather. However, I don't think that I could handle your 150 160 inches of annual snowfall!!! Some of my husband's family lives not far from Syracuse, in Marcy, New York. I don't think I've ever seen the sun shine when we've visited them!!! We may actually be going up there in the near future, after my husband's surgeries are finished, as there is a new baby in the family as of this past Monday!!!!

Take care everyone, and have a great day on program tomorrow. I will try to post again either tomorrow or Tuesday. I think that I will be weighing in after school on Tuesday. Wish me luck!!!

xxoo
June
Old 09-20-2004, 01:01 AM   #74  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hello all! This is my first time to the LAWL message board area. I have decided I want to possibly try LAWL. What i was hoping for was a little feedback from all of you on how the program works and about the average cost of the program. I have a friend here locally that is actually on the program and Im going to be in contact with her this week and find out some info from her as well. I have enjoyed reading all of your post, you seem like a great group and wonderful supporters! I have decided its time that i focus on me and while that means dishing out some money thats ok with me. I didnt see that the LAWL web page offered a whole lot of information. This is the second place that i checked and im gonna do some web searching as well to get a general idea of the program before i go in to speak with a counselor so that i can have some questions ready to ask. I hope everyone had a great weekend and wonderful week ahead. Hope to speak with all of you soon.

Brittnye
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:16 AM   #75  

Hi Brittnye - welcome to the board. I did searches on the internet when I started as well and this is the most informative place that I have found. There is a website that people can write in on their opinion about LA, you can only post once - there are positive and negative posts. If people would do their homework up front (like you have) and know what to expect - I don't think they will be disappointed. When I joined, I believe it was a $5.00/week special - the center told me that closer to the holidays they normally offer the weekly rate at $2.00/week. If you ask your friend for a referral - I believe that you can get another $50 off - my sisters and I did this when we started. You will have to pay upfront, and it's based on how much you have to lose, they figure 2 lbs a week, they also figure in stablization and maintenance in with the price. If you go for an appointment, ask that it all be explained to you before you decide. It's your money! My best advise is to ask questions, and if you don't want to sign up that day - take a few days to think about it. LA also suggests that you purchase their LA Lite bars - you can buy in bulk and their bulk rates can be up to almost $1000 - so be prepared for that. You can buy in smaller quantities or not at all. You will have to decide what is right for you. The plan does work if your willing to put the effort into following their plan. It's pretty restrictive - and that is what I like most about it. Tell me what I can eat and can't eat and I will give it my best shot. Tell me I can eat anything as long as it's smaller portions - I'm in trouble. There are several different plans, all are basically the same - but vary when it comes to the size and number of portions. I totally agree that the LA website it's very lame - you would think that it would have a communittee message board like they do at WW or offer some more receipes. Good luck and let us know what you decide. June has written a lot about this plan (in detail) in previous posts - if you have time - take a look at those older posts. Sy