Old 02-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #106  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good morning guys! I'm sorry for the dramatics last night-I sent the email to my friend who has already gotten her son from Vietnam through the same agency and asked her if I was overreacting. And she said I definately was. I dunno-there must be some pseudo-pregnancy hormones surging in me. I'm generally a practical person with an "it is was it is" attitude, but I feel so emotionally unstable right now.

And sadly-I returned to old habits yesterday . . . .you know what I mean. I have to get that under control-it wasn't the first stressful moment of this process and it won't be the last. . .

I'm better today. Gee-I even frightened myself yesterday.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #107  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Don't worry Evette....I had your slice of pizza! It was good.........

Katiebug - so sorry to hear about your coworker. All the more reason to enjoy life and take good care of ourselves.

Shrinkinggirl - I have tried the mini trampoline and you can get a good work out on one. Looks like Jennifer and you were posting at the same time....sounds like she enjoyed it too. I don't know the weight limit...you could probably google and find one. Another great workout is jumping rope and there's no weight limit on that........good luck.

Jennifer - yes, GO BEARS!!

Angie - I like how you phrased this
Quote:
"....before I blew up into the XXL version of myself."
Liz - congrats.......here's wishing you strength to avoid the Mexican fiesta. Just remember that a lot of Mexican restaurant food gets really poor ratings from the health department. don't take any chances!!!

Katie - I've taken classes at our local Joann store and there is usually a cake decorating class going on at the same time. I love watching the masterpieces that come out. I don't have much artistic talent, so I need to continue to pay for pretty cakes!

Cassi - heard there were some tornados in Florida. Hope they stayed far away from you guys.

The sclae is not nice and my weight is up, but I'm in ticker denial and won't change it until Monday. I lost quite a bit last week because I just couldn't get anything down. Of course, now that I'm back to eating normally, the weight came back on. Plus, I have my MIL here and she loves, loves, loves to eat and I tend to pick along with what she is having....NOT GOOD...so, I've been far from POP.

Today was my last day of Boot Camp and I'm sad that it's over. I'm going to try and keep up the workout and schedule on my own at my local gym with a girlfriend. Hope I can do it.

Busy day with work. Must go.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #108  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

YAY! We got our Pearl fix! Soak it up ladies and gents, we don't know when it will come back!!!!!!

Pearl - glad the job is keeping you busy - $$$$$!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #109  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Pearl......thanks for checking in. I'm really slow today...I was reading your post and saying why is she having a SB party ... a South Beach party???
Duh.....Super Bowl....now I get it.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:03 AM   #110  
Kim - IP 9/10

I'm looking at my VD/jamaica ticker and broke out into a cold sweat....

I need my fix! There's a sclae in the nurses office that I MUST avoid!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #111  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. I just got my tax refund...and I paid my Suburban off!!!!!! WHOOHOOO!!! What a great feeling. I HATE car payments.

Sorry, that just escaped me......

JM......I am so sorry that things are going this way for you right now. If they don't get the paperwork done in time, does this really mean you could lose Josie? When I first started reading your post, I really figured that it would mean a stall, not a loss. I have no clue how the whole adoption process works........but I think they should NOT be allowed to mess with people's hearts like this. I wish that there were words that could ease your stress and sadness and worry and etc. We will all be thinking of you.......and if we could, we'd take a turn feeling your emotions for a while so you could have a break. .

Ok, I have to try to plan my day......what's left of it...........I am all over the place today.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #112  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Kim......CHILLS!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:09 AM   #113  
Kim - IP 9/10

Julie - don't apologize to us! Vent, rant, do whatever you have to do here to get through. My SIL adopted from Russia - and is petrified of planes. After all of the stress of getting to the point where she had to travel to Omsk, she could have cared less about the plane, she just wanted it over. It makes the 'gotcha day' even more special!

Oh, and PS - she went back 2 years later for #2!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #114  
Let's try this again . .

Nicole-I really don't know. I've decided that I'm not going to let that be an outcome. My friend doesn't think that would happen. The thing is-because of the new referral policy going into place after the 1st of March-I was given a referral before my dossier was complete (it's missing the 1 form). That usually doesn't happen. Usually your complete dossier is sent to vietnam, translated and logged into the office (i don't know what it's called). Then you receive your referral. However-they gave me mine in anticipation of the form making it there in time. There should have been plenty of time-but with the holidays, the snow, and the forms getting sat on for some reason-it's taking a lot longer than usual.

I wish they would have just waited if losing the referral was a possibility, but I know they are trying their best. Nobody wants to rescind a referral.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 206/199/145

Cassi if your out there chime in... I heard about the awful storms in Florida last night. I'm not sure if that's in your neck of the woods, or not.
cevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 206/199/145

Dan, did you get a chance to post thay NE Clam Chowder recipe? I can't find it. I'm heading to the grocery store today, and wanted to pick up the ingredients.
cevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #117  

Well, went to my WI, stopped by the grocery store for some fruit, and picked up a Chickfila salad for lunch, so I'm feeling much better!! The .5 loss didn't hurt either. AND, I did decide to go back on the LA lites. My COD is having a special for just today and tomorrow 9 boxes for $99!!!

Okay, back to work I go!!!
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:25 AM   #118  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Joni: I'm glad you had my slice of pizza.....you deserve to have it!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #119  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

JM: glad to hear that you're feeling better today. My prayers are still with you until you hold that bundle of joy in your arms!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Hey everyone, I'm here, sorta lurking, just real busy at work today. I'm in South Florida and the tornadoes hit central, about 2hr north of me. I'm actually below all of that mess and it's supposed to be something ridiculous like 86 here today. We'll have more mess tomorrow and then Sunday as the front moves through here. I'm actually about an hour north of where the super bowl is being played, so it will be crappy weather for them too. All is OK with me, though. Thanks everyone for thinking of me!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote