Old 01-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 229.8/216.2/127

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well this evening and that you are feeling energized at the start of (or continuation to) a new you.

I am attempting to regain my before "****-CEMBER" (aka Christmas time lol), success of dieting.

I was on Dr Bernstein from Sept 19/2016 till Nov. 19/2016. During that time I had lost 27lbs. I found a lack of energy from the low calorie diet, (they had me on a 700 cal/day diet). I started off at 229.8lbs and have gone up since my last weigh in which was 203.2, today I am at 216.2 lbs because, well.... I ate anything and everything for Christmas.

This week has been a good three days so far, of healthy and proper eating. I have not counted calories, but I know I am eating well and following the diet they have laid out for me. I was wondering has anyone had success with DR B diet?
I was hoping to stay on track by being on here and talking with others who are doing the same diet or just others on the same journey and and I know that if I am going to succeed I have to check in daily with someone. So that is where you all come in. I really need the support to stay strong and not let this weight loss journey go.

So HOPEFULLY, this is the right area to post, if not could someone kindly direct me tot he proper section? I appreciate it so much. Good luck to everyone here I wish you all great success and much loss (of weight of course!).
Katazena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:18 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 229.8/216.2/127

Height: 5'2"

Also, I was wondering how you get that little weight loss bar on your messages that little slider bar with start weight current weight and goal on it?
Thanks.
Katazena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:57 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Week 2 and cheated

Hi all,
I am in my 2nd week of IP. Last week went pretty well. I had planned for a tough week, so took things easy and I think I rode out the transition to ketosis pretty well. Today I had an especially hard day at work and I was very tired in the evening. I ended up popping 3 peanut M&Ms in my mouth and 3-4 cashews. The whole time I was doing it, I kept saying to myself "don't do it, don't do it", but I still did it
The craving did not stop there, I kept craving all evening (even after eating my dinner) and finally at night I had an extra cup of grilled mini peppers and hot tea to fight off the craving.

How badly have I screwed up ketosis? Will I now take another 2 days to get into ketosis? I so wanted to do this right.

Please share your tips on what you do to fight off cravings.
dmd511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:55 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

dmd511 Now listen (or read) to me carefully (pretend you can hear my teacher voice...lol)...if your friend came to you saying exactly what you said about having 'a few M&M and cashews and was kicking herself for it...what would you say? Can you change the fact that you did this? No...unfortunately we still don't know how to time travel...let it go...did you get back OP right after? Yes! Well great! The worst thing you can do is dwell on this and then let a little 'incident' become a bad day, which can become a bad week...and then getting derailed completely...AND I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE HERE!

As for the cravings...man...not easy...I know...sometimes I hear the Doritos talking to me...'Brigitte you know you want me...just a little bite'...I drink lots of water, have some cucumbers, crunch on celery...occupy myself...lately I get on my treadmill and watch a movie...call someone...lots of people talk about drinking tea...

YOU CAN and WILL do this!

Brigitte
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:00 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katazena View Post

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well this evening and that you are feeling energized at the start of (or continuation to) a new you.

I am attempting to regain my before "****-CEMBER" (aka Christmas time lol), success of dieting.

I was on Dr Bernstein from Sept 19/2016 till Nov. 19/2016. During that time I had lost 27lbs. I found a lack of energy from the low calorie diet, (they had me on a 700 cal/day diet). I started off at 229.8lbs and have gone up since my last weigh in which was 203.2, today I am at 216.2 lbs because, well.... I ate anything and everything for Christmas.

This week has been a good three days so far, of healthy and proper eating. I have not counted calories, but I know I am eating well and following the diet they have laid out for me. I was wondering has anyone had success with DR B diet?
I was hoping to stay on track by being on here and talking with others who are doing the same diet or just others on the same journey and and I know that if I am going to succeed I have to check in daily with someone. So that is where you all come in. I really need the support to stay strong and not let this weight loss journey go.

So HOPEFULLY, this is the right area to post, if not could someone kindly direct me tot he proper section? I appreciate it so much. Good luck to everyone here I wish you all great success and much loss (of weight of course!).
Good morning to you and welcome!

you will find a lot of support on these boards. I had followed IP back from Aug 2010-2011 and lost around 60. I never felt so good. I am back again, but have to say, it IS going much slower. I just have to keep in my mind that a) I am about one month away from officially saying I am in menopause, and b) to keep reminding myself, even if its a slow go, the healthy food I am eating is so much better for me and to be patient.

Stick with it, and vent if you have to, we are all here for you
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:02 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
dmd511 Now listen (or read) to me carefully (pretend you can hear my teacher voice...lol)...if your friend came to you saying exactly what you said about having 'a few M&M and cashews and was kicking herself for it...what would you say? Can you change the fact that you did this? No...unfortunately we still don't know how to time travel...let it go...did you get back OP right after? Yes! Well great! The worst thing you can do is dwell on this and then let a little 'incident' become a bad day, which can become a bad week...and then getting derailed completely...AND I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE HERE!

As for the cravings...man...not easy...I know...sometimes I hear the Doritos talking to me...'Brigitte you know you want me...just a little bite'...I drink lots of water, have some cucumbers, crunch on celery...occupy myself...lately I get on my treadmill and watch a movie...call someone...lots of people talk about drinking tea...

YOU CAN and WILL do this!

Brigitte

love this!
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 179/167/130

Height: 5'2

Hello Kataneza,

I found this in an earlier post
Go here first and follow the instructions to design your ticker: https://www.tickerfactory.com/eztick...r_designer.php
then once it is made copy the link in the bbCode box (as this forum is vBulletin) and paste it in the 'Edit Signature' box after you have clicked User CP (top left on purple bar - 3FC site)

But I also found that you cant edit a signature till your 20 days old or have 20 post.

Side Note: You can create the ticker and just copy the BB Code at the bottom of your new post or reply.

TurtleWordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #83  
Started IP 12/16/16

S/C/G: 209/143/150

I survived my first work trip! I flew out Wednesday and came back Thursday night and this morning, I am down 1 pound from when I left out! I was stressing about how to make this work. I know I can control my meals when I get my own dinner, but the group meals and catered lunch meals are what stress me. Fortunately for lunch, they had a bar where you can make lettuce wraps. I just used the lettuce and chicken and estimated a 4oz portion so that I can have my other meat for dinner. Of course, I had my IP products in my purse so that was the easy part. I travel again in 2 weeks, but I am so glad to know that my work travel doesn't have to sabotage my progress!
Lita2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:50 PM   #84  

S/C/G: sw 196/cw 196/140

Hi All! I'll be starting ideal protien in a couple of weeks. It takes while to get here since I'm in remote Alaska. I'll be starting out at 196. My height is 5"4. I'm really hoping to be 140 by beginning of June because I really need a breast reduction. I've had double ds even at 127 pounds and it is just too much for me! Do those of you more familiar with the plan think thats attainable? I'm really excited to have found this forum. Everyone seems so encouraging and that's such a wonderful thing!
jrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm starting my reboot and meeting with a coach on Monday. I used IP back 2011 and quickly reached my goals. After 5 years and a baby, I'm back to get my healthy mind set reinforced :-) Here's to a new year of wonderful goals being attained!
Hi Jewels, so far you are the only person I've found on the forum with something close to my statistics. Can share more with me about how it went for you the first time? I'm hoping to lose at least 50 pounds by the beginning of June!
Old 01-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita2 View Post
I survived my first work trip! I flew out Wednesday and came back Thursday night and this morning, I am down 1 pound from when I left out! I was stressing about how to make this work. I know I can control my meals when I get my own dinner, but the group meals and catered lunch meals are what stress me. Fortunately for lunch, they had a bar where you can make lettuce wraps. I just used the lettuce and chicken and estimated a 4oz portion so that I can have my other meat for dinner. Of course, I had my IP products in my purse so that was the easy part. I travel again in 2 weeks, but I am so glad to know that my work travel doesn't have to sabotage my progress!
[B]Lita2[B] I have to travel for 2 to 3 days at a time and even though I fill out the special requirement forms for the food I found myself having almost nothing to eat since there were always sandwiches or dressing soaked salads. I decided to invest in a refrigerated cooler...it can be plugged into my car and then I can bring it in my room and plug it there. I pack enough veggies to get me through my conferences and also my ready to drink shakes. I bring bars or Quest chips for my snacks also (not in cooler). When it go to the meetings a prepare my two cups of veggies and bring them with me...if there is nothing available for me I will take them out and have them...and you know what? realized that I was not the only one. Sometimes the people at the conference notice and will politely ask me if there is anything they can do for the next meal and I tell them...yep a salad with veggies and no dressing...

It's all about planning, being ready, not leaving it up to chance.

Brigitte
Old 01-14-2017, 10:46 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrubi View Post
Hi All! I'll be starting ideal protien in a couple of weeks. It takes while to get here since I'm in remote Alaska. I'll be starting out at 196. My height is 5"4. I'm really hoping to be 140 by beginning of June because I really need a breast reduction. I've had double ds even at 127 pounds and it is just too much for me! Do those of you more familiar with the plan think thats attainable? I'm really excited to have found this forum. Everyone seems so encouraging and that's such a wonderful thing!
Wow Alaska! I remember when my daughter was younger one of her favorite shows was about a dog (Balto...I think) and it was situated in Juno. Really great story.

From what I have read on many threads, and of course not everybody is the same, you can expect to loose about 10 pounds per month. Some weeks will be high some lower but on average it seems that this is what people are loosing. If you follow the program you should be close to goal (or even reach it). The program does work if you follow it!

Hope this helps, Brigitte
Old 01-15-2017, 03:16 AM   #88  

Quote:
Wow Alaska! I remember when my daughter was younger one of her favorite shows was about a dog (Balto...I think) and it was situated in Juno. Really great story.

From what I have read on many threads, and of course not everybody is the same, you can expect to loose about 10 pounds per month. Some weeks will be high some lower but on average it seems that this is what people are loosing. If you follow the program you should be close to goal (or even reach it). The program does work if you follow it!

Hope this helps, Brigitte
Thanks, Brigitte! Alaska is awesome and I do love where I live but goodness mail and things take a long time to get here! I'm so excited for the program. All except one thing and thats the possibility of losing my hair I'm soooo worried about that and it seems like most people experience it from the fast weight loss Have you had any experience with that?
Old 01-15-2017, 04:00 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Hi I am on day 7 of IP with first weigh in tomorrow morning. I am in Australia so we use kilograms but I converted and my beginning weight is 191.3pounds! Woah! Sounds a lot like that!! It is 86.8kg -which still sounds like a lot really ����
Anyway, one week almost complete and I've been 100% OP so I am hoping for a decent loss.
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:20 AM   #90  
Started IP 12/16/16

S/C/G: 209/143/150

Quote:
[B]Lita2[B] I have to travel for 2 to 3 days at a time and even though I fill out the special requirement forms for the food I found myself having almost nothing to eat since there were always sandwiches or dressing soaked salads. I decided to invest in a refrigerated cooler...it can be plugged into my car and then I can bring it in my room and plug it there. I pack enough veggies to get me through my conferences and also my ready to drink shakes. I bring bars or Quest chips for my snacks also (not in cooler). When it go to the meetings a prepare my two cups of veggies and bring them with me...if there is nothing available for me I will take them out and have them...and you know what? realized that I was not the only one. Sometimes the people at the conference notice and will politely ask me if there is anything they can do for the next meal and I tell them...yep a salad with veggies and no dressing...

It's all about planning, being ready, not leaving it up to chance.

Brigitte

Hi Brigitte,

Wow! You are a great planner and thanks for sharing your system. I may incorporate some of this. Thanks.
Lita2 is offline   Reply With Quote