Old 05-04-2016, 08:42 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Meanwhile... I am in northern Virginia too - this evening we have had heavy thunderstorms, HAIL the size of golf balls, and a lot of rain... hopefully it is all getting out of the way before you get to Virginia! If you are going to be near Wash DC, I'd love to meet up for a decaf coffee or tea somewhere. Whatever you are going to do here... remember, Virginia is for Lovers....
Cheryl - We're going to Williamsburg, so we won't be near DC this time. But thanks, it would be such fun to meet up and get to know you IRL, spending an afternoon drinking coffee and talking about life and diet and such. Actually, we like to stop off in Washington for a few days whenever our travels take us to that area, so much to see in DC and never enough time, but this time it's not doable, we're booked Sunday-Friday, and we have to get back for Saturday for a family thing, and it's about a 12-hour drive from here. So keep the offer open for another time

I saw your post in the other thread about doing squats - I can relate, once the weight was gone, what little bum I have is pretty droopy, and a few muscles there would definitely improve it. Not that anyone is out there looking at this old woman's backside --- but it would make pants fit better

Candi - hope your schedule lets up a bit, we'd love to hear about how P4 is going for you. For lunches, I find most days I will have pureed veg soup ( I like roasted cauliflower or asparagus best) with some cut up chicken in it, or a salad with lower carb veggies, full fat dressing, and some chicken or tuna or hb-eggs or leftover meat from last night's supper.

That article on weight gain scared the poop out of me for a minute, till I started thinking about it. I read some of the comments on the other thread, and have to agree with a lot of them, these people aren't typical.
Linda - thanks for the link to that blog - she makes a lot of sense. I hope it's OK to quote:
a significant decrease in carbohydrate consumption during weight maintenance makes the difference. Weight gain and hunger are modulated by a number of factors, but insulin---the hormone that pours forth in response to carbohydrate---is a major player. Keeping insulin at bay with a lower carb diet depresses hunger and fat storage

Isn't this what IP is saying?

However, I know that reading a lot of stories here, there have been quite a few people who have lost, and then regained. For many reasons, and not just the "inevitable gain" the article predicts. Many have come back here to reboot and continue posting. But I suspect there are also many who have reached maintenance and been successful in keeping the weight off, and no longer feel the need to post here. It would be interesting to hear from them.
Anyway, I know for me, what makes sense is to keep my carbs under control.

Well, on to less serious things....Got my closet finished yesterday, so nice to have it done. And less $$ than I had expected, since he built it to fit. I had looked at some of those closet systems, but my space is an odd shape...But OMG!! it is an eye opener emptying it all out, I had a lot of clothes in there Of course, I'm pretty sure at least half of it either doesn't fit or maybe I don't like it so much now. My plan is to try everything on and only put back what I really like and what fits!! That's going to take a bit of time...Timing sucks though, because we're leaving on Saturday morning, today we're off to Niagara falls for the day. Anyway, it's piled up in the guestroom, so it's mostly out of the way, but it'll be waiting for me when we get back from VA.

Saw my coach yesterday, weight was the same (well, down .4 from last time, 2 weeks ago). She suggested just going once a month, which I think is OK. Not sure how long to keep doing that, but I'll probably continue for the rest of the year, some accountability is good, I think.

Sounds like this is a busy time for everyone, take care, the week is half over!!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #77  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

blue Yay for the closet!!! You are so right about having an eye-opener when looking at old clothes, but it's good to go through the ritual of getting rid of the old stuff. How was Niagara Falls? I haven't been in twenty years. My DH is from Buffalo/Rochester and he's wanted to go back up that way for a visit and we could take the kids to Niagara. Cool to be able to go for the day.

Cheryl and Beth DMV power! That's it. It's been pretty crappy around here weather-wise, so had to pep us up.

Sue How is Phase 3?

Sooo I am feeling OK about Phase 4. I lost most of the weight I gained over the weekend. I forgot I ate Chinese, which is sooo salty. So I am feeling good like I must have been doing OK this week. For a person who has trouble with eating "right" I am always going to have to THINK about what I am eating, like I am always on a diet, and this diet is for life and I need to get over myself if I want to keep the weight off in the long run. Also, my life sucks for exercise. What the heck can I do? I am away from home 12 hours a day. 6:30a to 6:30p. When I get home, I have to spend some time with my kids, eat dinner, do random chores (laundry, clean kitty litter, etc.) and by that time I am so exhausted, I can't think or move. So what the heck? I feel doomed in the exercise department.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:44 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Linda - again, I put in my $0.02 over on the other thread, but while I completely agree that the NYT article is very negative, and most of the contestants have maintained some of their weight loss, imvho, I think the bigger picture that the article is trying to encompass has to do with yo-yo or extreme dieting and the negative effects it can have on ones hormonal system. That's what scared me...not the "dieting for life" aspect of it - I am trying coming to terms with this little *factoid* and learning day to day how to fight the "IDGAF" feelings that creep in, especially during times of stress or extreme exhaustion.

Blue - LOVE Colonial Williamsburg really hope y'all get some decent weather - DC is looking ok for the weekend, but that's 2.5 hours south/east of us.
Agreed - and for me, it is more sugar than complex carbs

Candi - oh gosh, rain, rain, go away...I know we were running a rain deficit but 55 - 60, all week...dreary and misty - blah!
I would rather it be 75 - 80, sunny most of the day, and getting T-storms in the evenings, kwim?
Otoh, those storms the other night were something else! Thank the higher powers the hail storm missed us by about 5 miles - saw some pictures in the local paper of the damage just north of us golf ball sized!
Ouch, but I empathize - my day is generally 6a (hitting the roads at 6:45)- 6p...but I know I am VERY fortunate that I have a job with a gym on site, and I don't deal with clients or customers all day, so my lunch hour can be gym time. Also, my youngest is 11 and like tonight, she has 2.5 hours of dance practice, so I'll be hitting the roads for an hour of running while I wait on her - then have dinner in the car. IMVHO, it is a LOT easier with older kids to create a routine...but would it be possible to dedicate an hour to yourself 3 days a week - start small?

HIS - I didn't go back to look...was this your cruise week? Haven't seen you out & about on any of the boards. If it is, I hope you are having a fantastic, relaxing time

Ugh...another crazy day - started this at 8am while I was drinking my coffee / shake and here it is 3p

Weathers been cr@p so its been hard getting motivated for a lot of outside running - and we are trying to work back up for another half marathon on June 4th.
I've found I was doing more harm than good trying to force myself out the door at 5am 3 days a week.
For one, I was having a horrible time with exhaustion - something that has gotten much better since I've stopped the 5am runs
Also, it was a safety issue. DH didn't say anything, but it was in the back of my mind that I was out, running by myself, at a time when there were very few people around. I mostly kept to our residential neighborhood streets, but was still running by densely wooded areas.
So now, if the option is there to run in the evenings, I am leaning towards that - especially as the weather has improved.
As it gets hotter, this strategy may change again
I am also getting a lot of enjoyment out of my cross training days - focusing on weights & resistance, as opposed to cardio, and it has made a huge difference. My body is morphing again, and I can see the lean muscle I am putting on...my arms are even bulking up a bit with the definition.
NSV - I got my dress for my nephews wedding Memorial Day weekend - spaghetti strap / open back and even I have to admit, the hard work is paying off in spades.
I still weigh...once or twice a week, depending on how I feel. But while the scale is showing me fluctuating between 151 - 154, my pants are fitting better / different.
Eating - I am doing my own thing...its generally hour to hour. I have settled down and picked a handful of foods and making it in large quantity to eat over a couple days, ie, red pepper cauliflower soup, and continue to remain prepped with lots of veggies in the house.
My one recent indulgence was this past Satuday - We went to where my niece waitresses in Fairfax - (Cheryl, it is a whole-foods restaurant called "True Food Kitchen", in the Mosaic shopping district off Rt 50) sorry for the offshoot there...anyway, I had a bowl of Panang Curry and DH and I split the most decadent flour-less chocolate cake (made with egg whites instead of flour) & 1/2C of homemade vanilla bean ice cream! We had ran 7 miles that morning though so it fit the macros
...and even when I get the evening munchies, they haven't been turning into all-out binges - I'm stopping at a small spoon of Fluffbutter and a couple handfuls of granola. that I haven't jinxed myself

Last edited by hysteria_625; 05-05-2016 at 03:46 PM.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

Things have been crazy for the last week or so. It has been moving non-stop for a week. I guess we have most things out of house (a few things in garage and the furniture that we are leaving in the house till it sells). Met with the realtor on Tuesday, hoping to get his recommendation for an asking price soon and I expect that it will go on the market early next week.

Only 13 ranch houses in our price range for sale in my city and 5 of them are already sold. So we hope to price right for a good and quick sale.

Phase 3 is going good, I lost 1.8 # this week with the moving activity - that has been accompanied by eating out most evenings. I am looking forward to cooking something in the kitchen. I have been cooking breakfast most mornings. The Ideal Complete is nice for lunch, normal p2 lunch but only 4oz of protein, plus the shake. I have found that breakfast is holding me most days till lunch. I have been eating the same thing mostly for breakfast - 2 eggs, 1 slice toast, 1 cup of raspberries, 6 oz of greek yogurt.

Beth congrats on the dress, cross training and most of all controlling the binges. Is DH back running or is he still sidelined?

MiWi - I completely get the 12 hour days and the commute messing with exercise. Maybe you can find a way to get 20 minutes in during your lunch at least a couple of times a week. I think / know I will always have to think about what I am eating - although I feel that if I think lower carb I have to think less.

Blue - congrats on the closet -- have a great time on your vacation. I would like to do the closet before I unpack everything, but it just isnt the time.

Destony - thanks for the link to the blog. She has a great perspective, most of these people were successful. So far in P3 I have not experienced the increase in hunger that I thought I would - hopefully do the continued high protein and lower carb. The main thought I had in reading both articles was I am glad IP discourages exercise during. It give me an additional tool to help maintain and I can do this while maintaining lower carb. Its hard to continue to exercise 6 -8 hours a day and stay on a restricted diet in the long term.

One - how did things go yesterday? I have been thinking of you.

Well back to unpacking another box or two.

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:40 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sue: Love the pics. You look great!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

We're leaving early tomorrow on vacation, it feels slightly strange not to be stressing about food I'm even OK with gaining a couple of lbs, but hope I don't of course
So I just wanted to pop in for a minute to wish every mom out there a wonderful day, I hope you all get as spoiled and pampered as you deserve to be.

Sue - love the pic, you look great!!

I may be MIA on here for the week (hate posting with my phone) but hope to look in on the forum, and catch up on how y'all are doing!

Have a great wk/end!!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:11 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Happy Mother's Day one and all!!! Hope that you all have. A great one!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #83  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

I hope the moms out there had a happy mother's day. I spent Saturday evening and Sunday morning with my mom. I was appreciative of the fact that she tried to buy some healthy food (salad, fruit, etc.) but she still was being a food pusher. She made me feel guilty because I wasn't eating enough. No wonder I struggle with my weight! My mom, on the other hand, has a naturally fast metabolism so she looks great! But she was poor growing up and giving me food is a sign that she made it through that tough time in her life.

Linda Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes.

blue Hope your vacation is fabulous!!!

Sue Your pic is totally awesome! I love the dress too.

Beth and Cheryl did you enjoy Sunday's actually nice weather in the DMV before it rains again today and tomorrow?

*sigh* I can gain three pounds over the weekend so easily...Time to get strict for the week again. Is that how it's supposed to be? Hard to be strict on the weekend when one's mom is shoving food down your throat!
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:42 PM   #84  

Hope everyone had a good Mothers Day

Mine was pretty good - started the day with a 5K Mother's Day walk - but the race was very unorganized and we did not get our finishers medals. Poor DD11 didn't understand why everyone else was walking around with medals but she wasn't and thought she'd "lost" DD11 is on the autism spectrum, so has a hard time grasping "the big picture" sometimes - & yes Candi, the weather was gorgeous! Such a bummer returning to London Calling dreariness again - send this stuff to our friends in Canada & the northern mid-west dealing with the fires!

It got better though - we went to a local BBQ place - I wanted ribs! And our local Runner's store had everything 25 - 50% off, so DH & I stocked up on shoes and socks.

NSV - I mentioned this in response to a FB post, but wore a pair of size 6 jeans over the weekend that were too tight at the end of P3 - and I am 5 - 8 pounds heavier on any given day than I was in December!
I don't think I would want to put them on today though - I am bloated from the sodium / carbs in my mothers day indulgence

I did fairly well overall yesterday though - I knew I was indulging so breakfast was a Quest shake and 'dinner' was a brussel sprout salad with a can of tuna / dijon mustard

I also busted out and did an early 5.25 miler this morning to rev up the metabolism - but normal breakfast.

DH and I have been running together, evenings during the workweek, and Saturday mornings - helps him keep in check / not over-do-it with the achilles still bothering him - but it felt SO good to solo-run this morning - just me, the road, and my thoughts...

I am also proud of myself for the changes that have occurred with my weight / resistance training. DH isn't much for giving complements (and I suspect is / has NPD...but thats another story) - but he's seen what my routine has done for my body / running times...and asked to join me / show him this past Friday what I am doing
He had a tough time keeping up - and that was with me slowing down, a LOT! He also started out using much heavier weights than I advised he should...and quickly had to reduce the weight Men, eh?

I also had my chiro use my calipers and the numbers she got put me between 24 - 25.5% bf! She said most of the gain I am seeing is muscle and reminded me how evil the scale is

Oh, and my MFP streak has ended! It's bittersweet, but it is SO nice not feeling that anxiety of 'oh gosh, did I log x-y-z' every-single-day. I used it yesterday, just to get a feel for the indulgence calories and it helped keep me check for the rest of the day, but otherwise, daily use is done!

Last edited by hysteria_625; 05-09-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:10 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
I hope the moms out there had a happy mother's day. I spent Saturday evening and Sunday morning with my mom. I was appreciative of the fact that she tried to buy some healthy food (salad, fruit, etc.) but she still was being a food pusher. She made me feel guilty because I wasn't eating enough. No wonder I struggle with my weight! My mom, on the other hand, has a naturally fast metabolism so she looks great! But she was poor growing up and giving me food is a sign that she made it through that tough time in her life.
*sigh* I can gain three pounds over the weekend so easily...Time to get strict for the week again. Is that how it's supposed to be? Hard to be strict on the weekend when one's mom is shoving food down your throat!
I know what you mean about the "food pushers" and also that generation- love them dearly...but please...no more....lol- and my mom is the same- naturally fast metabolism- and can eat candy and crap and get away with it no sweat- I think we kind of roll the same- the weekend not quite so strict and then more conscientious during the week. Though I have to say- I think that I can live like that- it seems to work...though last night I did eat some brownie with chocolate frosting...I was tired, didn't go to the gym, work sucked, mother's day sucked (and I didn't end up feeling like eating) blah blah blah- not really good excuses..and I better not get in the habit- but Tuesday morning w/i and it's all good- right about normal (a tad under my normal "up Tuesday") anyhow...
Blue and HIS I hope that vacations are amazing for you both!!
Sue Agreed- wonderful picture!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Mine was pretty good - started the day with a 5K Mother's Day walk - but the race was very unorganized and we did not get our finishers medals. Poor DD11 didn't understand why everyone else was walking around with medals but she wasn't and thought she'd "lost" DD11 is on the autism spectrum, so has a hard time grasping "the big picture" sometimes - & yes Candi, the weather was gorgeous! Such a bummer returning to London Calling dreariness again - send this stuff to our friends in Canada & the northern mid-west dealing with the fires!
It got better though - we went to a local BBQ place - I wanted ribs! And our local Runner's store had everything 25 - 50% off, so DH & I stocked up on shoes and socks.
NSV - I mentioned this in response to a FB post, but wore a pair of size 6 jeans over the weekend that were too tight at the end of P3 - and I am 5 - 8 pounds heavier on any given day than I was in December!
I don't think I would want to put them on today though - I am bloated from the sodium / carbs in my mothers day indulgence
I did fairly well overall yesterday though - I knew I was indulging so breakfast was a Quest shake and 'dinner' was a brussel sprout salad with a can of tuna / dijon mustard
I also busted out and did an early 5.25 miler this morning to rev up the metabolism - but normal breakfast.
DH and I have been running together, evenings during the workweek, and Saturday mornings - helps him keep in check / not over-do-it with the achilles still bothering him - but it felt SO good to solo-run this morning - just me, the road, and my thoughts...
I am also proud of myself for the changes that have occurred with my weight / resistance training. DH isn't much for giving complements (and I suspect is / has NPD...but thats another story) - but he's seen what my routine has done for my body / running times...and asked to join me / show him this past Friday what I am doing
He had a tough time keeping up - and that was with me slowing down, a LOT! He also started out using much heavier weights than I advised he should...and quickly had to reduce the weight Men, eh?
I also had my chiro use my calipers and the numbers she got put me between 24 - 25.5% bf! She said most of the gain I am seeing is muscle and reminded me how evil the scale is
Oh, and my MFP streak has ended! It's bittersweet, but it is SO nice not feeling that anxiety of 'oh gosh, did I log x-y-z' every-single-day. I used it yesterday, just to get a feel for the indulgence calories and it helped keep me check for the rest of the day, but otherwise, daily use is done!
Your post made me smile and say "GO GIRL GO!!!" You continue to be an inspiration and such a powerful example of how great this lifestyle works!! I wish I could get DBF to join me in the fitness dept- but *sigh* that is just not to be...24-25% -WOW!!!- just WOW!!!!
Don't think (for me) that I am going to let MFP go. For me, it keeps me in check- though I do notice that I slack ever so slightly with a snack every now and again. I also like to challenge myself to keep things under the "totals" as perceived by the app. I'm sorry that the race wasn't as well put together- poor DD11, my niece is non verbal- she turns 11 today- my beautiful sweet Abby- I pray one day that lil girl is going to all of a sudden start talking and never stop- I just hope that it's in my parents lifetime....anyhow....
Just rereading your post and thinking about how you struggled and to read these wonderful things- the 6's, the running, the bf %, so very happy for you!!
Well, I hope everyone has a great Tuesday- I am not ready for a repeat of yesterday- stress of the job is really really high right now. Exhausted when I got home last night close to 6 (no Y ) and then was awake until almost midnight because DBF spent close to 45 minutes trying to dig a tick out of the back of my thigh...now to watch the spot and pray that nothing comes of it...cause it was a deer tick....saved it and now to watch and wait...
Old 05-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #86  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Ack, I'm so far behind here! My personal life has had a million things going on....

- At the end of April, my dad fell in the middle of the night and spent 12 hours on the bathroom floor before he was found. So he's been in the hospital and then a rehab place since then, and although I'm not there, I've had to follow up with phone calls to get a complete picture on what's going on, medically.
- My aunt (my dad's last surviving sibling, of 10), who we thought had rapid onset dementia, was just found to have a large, aggressive brain tumor and has been moved to hospice care. A month ago she was fine.
- My MIL (who we just visited in FL) has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, a fatal lung disease with a short life expectancy.
- My husband's hip is a new problem and he continues to have episodes of hypoglycemia.
- My son, DIL, and grandson, unexpectedly came down and stayed with us for 4 days at the end of April. Loved it - my grandson is adorable - but you know how having house guests upsets your routine.
- Because my life isn't exciting enough, my husband brought home a puppy. :/ A labraheeler. She's adorable, but ..... too many puddles!!

The trip to FL was great, and we also spent 3 days in NC with family. Beautiful weather, we avoided all the storms in the midwest on our return drive yesterday. I'll leave for the cruise on Saturday and be gone 8 days.

Diet/weight: My p1 adventure in April was up/down. The middle week, I struggled to stay on protocol. I think I ended up with a net loss of 7 pounds.
In FL and NC, I was semi-careful. I ate P1 for breakfast and lunch, but ate freely at dinner, so I enjoyed a lot of seafood and pasta and key lime pie. My clothes fit fine the whole time, so I wasn't too worried, and I knew how to handle any gain when I got home.
Got on the scale this morning and I'm up to 164, which is 9 pounds over my goal weight. I'm doing strict P1 the rest of this week, before the cruise.
On the cruise I plan to eat what I like (within reason) and then see what the damages are when I get home.

Not tracking food intake every day, and I'm okay with that.

Seeing the ortho today, hope to get clearance to being the return-to-running protocol. Gotta go, dh needs the computer.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:26 PM   #87  

HIS - for great news after your stretch of personal not-good-news Lots of thoughts and prayers to your family
A labraheeler? Had to Google that one - very interesting...all the great traits of a lab with the smarts of an Australian sheep dog. I love my chocolate lab <3
Sound like the reboot did its job and not too much damage done while traveling. Congrats!
Also, again, thank you for the heads up on BCAA's - we are almost through our first container of the BPI Best BCAA's and I know it's not just mental - my split times are improving and the amount of fatigue is lessening. I have more energy and with the weight lifting routine, I am bulking up! It's crazy...I've almost wondered if there isn't a steroid component...?
Oh...and I finally blocked...yes, completely blocked our friend on the FB groups...went from "bra lady" to "bra-less lady" and I just decided I didn't need the stress of mentally wondering why her voyeurism bothers me so much...this completely resolves the issue

Linda - oh it was a struggle - I mean, c'mon, I had almost 500 days! I'm a little worried how easy it's been letting it go...again, I am still using it from time to time just to keep myself in check - but I've also become "boring food person" Same breakfast 4/5 of 7 days, cycling the same 3 lunches during the work week, and we aren't super creative at dinner either...its a protein, lots of veggies, and occasionally, a carb (corn on the cob is coming in fresh right now - mmmmm). I am mainly doing it b/c I am back in training and need my gut to cooperate and the foods I am cycling are easy on me in that regards

I am probably going to rue saying this in July, but I am so sick and tired of the continuous damp, dreary, foggy, gray, rainy days. Got up at 5:15 to hit the roads and went right back to bed for another hour TWC said 'cloudy' but it was that low cloud deck that makes everything misty and damp. I'll suck it up on a Saturday morning for a long run, but a weekday training run - I'm going to the dry gym / treadmill, thank you.
I can deal with the cold so much better than this crapadoodle

Oh - and I think I mentioned somewhere during the P1 journey I've never been a *ahem* regular person. I've fought constipation for many years - except when I was regularly drinking beer...no issues then
Anyway, I have discovered CHIA POWDER! I got a bag 2 weeks ago but waited to post about it, to see if it was REALLY making a difference...and lo and behold, I really believe I've found something that works - and helps me 'work' like clockwork. I still have a little runners gut, but as long as I am faithful about putting a tbsp (30 calories) into my evening snack, it is no where near what it was and, bonus, it is full of Omega 3!
Old 05-11-2016, 10:02 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi All,
Busy weeks here and P3 has flown by...last day today then I graduate to P4. I had to reschedule my weigh in to Friday due to a last minute meeting at work.

We have essentially been moving the entire duration of P3 and I ended up taking the advise of this wonderful group and chose to eat a P3 "kings breakfast". I have been surprised by how long it has kept me full. I have been using the ideal complete for lunch or supper with reduced protein most days. This was helpful as I didn't always know what or when I would be eating.

We put our old house up for sale on Monday morning and by Tuesday afternoon we had an accepted offer (plus 2 other offers). So now we wait for all the items to get checked off the contingency list -- home inspection is tomorrow and then appraisal and mortgage. It will be a relief to have this done prior to heading on vacation.

Beth - I am with you on the cold damp crap. I need some days with warm sun. Weather for Hawaii looks warm with 60% chance of rain (but that is why they call it the garden isle). Saw your FB post - looking fabulous 7 months in.

HIS - Nice to hear from you. Sounds like you have been very busy the last few weeks. Hope your ortho appt went well.

Destony - I have been struggling with tracking and it kind of scares me as I move to P4. What tips do you have for me? I thought using my phone would help but I am just bad at it. Sorry to hear about the deer tick.

Kinda hard to believe that I started this journey 6 months ago and I have lost 70#. I have to share that I bought my first size 10 pants (new) on Sunday. No stretch waist, but a good Lee curvy cut dress pants. I have not seen that size ever (or at least in recent history). Interesting view in our walk in closet. My husbands size is full and I have my side less than 1/2 full. I have another pile of items ready to donate.

Thanks for all of your support through this entire journey. This small group is responsible for a great part of my success.

One more thought. When i wake up tomorrow - I don't currently have a desire for nor have I been dreaming of any food or meal. The one thing I look forward to is not having to leave 1/2 of my veggies on the plate (b/c they are carrots). I have learned that many restaurants around here consider a salad your veggie or don't serve veggies and the remainder that do use mixed veggies with carrots. I am hoping this is a good sign for a future to come.
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:41 AM   #89  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

beth, I agree, that BCAA stuff is helping. I think it has already increased my muscle mass and that's why I didn't gain more in FL - it probably helped my metabolism. Chia powder, huh? I've been curious about adding chia seeds to my diet, not that I need that extra "help," but I think I need to research it more.

sue, you look great, and SIZE 10! Wow.

linda, UGH about the tick. A friend of mine recently had Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever from a tick bite. Thankfully she got treated early, which is critical. Keep an eye on that spot.

Dropped 2 pounds yesterday. I'm feeling confident that I can get to a happier weight before the cruise and again afterward.

Orthopedic doc gave me clearance to start the return to running program! It will be 3-4 weeks before I'm running more than 25 minutes at a stretch, but at least I can run a little, 3 days a week. It feels like starting from scratch again. Hopefully I retained at least some of my fitness level. Lately I've been doing walking more than anything else, which isn't really a cardio workout. Yesterday I did a 5 mile walk near the gym, and was accompanied for 2 miles by a friendly border collie. LOL. I finally had to call his owner to come pick him up because I think he would have walked with me all the way back to my car.

The puppy - Maisy - has white eyelashes, which is kind of cool. I think she'll be a great dog, eventually, once we get past the peeing and chewing and barking at new things.

Okay, I need to get off here. Have a presentation to write for a speech I'm giving at a dinner tomorrow night, and I need to GO RUN!
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:28 AM   #90  

Holy schnikeys, there are chocolate coconut combat bars on this planet ...can't wait to have my snack later