Old 07-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #196  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone. Thank you for your support about the nanny. She and my son are OK. DH and I went back and forth regarding our trust in her/whether to fire her, etc. but we think it was a mistake given the driving conditions that day that young people make. Everyone is fine and no one got hurt. The car is totaled and insurance doesn't cover the entire cost, so that was a punch to the piggy bank.

I wasn't very disciplined at the beach...gained another 7 lbs. I was already up 7 lbs from goal. Now I am up 15 lbs. I am trying not to be depressed about it. I have poor eating habits that I have to learn to manage better. I wish I was one of those people who never got hungry. Ugh. Anyway back to Phase 1 today. ANOTHER reboot. Yick.

I joined a couple of the other place's groups. You know we could all create a group together over there...just a thought. I did that with the ladies from my baby due date group...we are a very active group too and it's just us.

The beach was nice though and it was good to see family. Unfortunately my father-in-law is in the hospital with complicated pneumonia. Yick. Another stressor.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Linda - I love reading about your adventures-in-sailing I had to giggle at the picture you posted of the recreational fishing boat those folks had pulled up on the shoreline...I didn't want to out myself as a complete idiot but yah, back in the day, when we had our 26' cabin-cruiser, we were definitely guilty of being anchor-lazy a few times...
Congrats on surviving the P1 day
I know you have a great coach, but keep in mind they are probably going to lean towards whatever you seem to be leaning towards, kwim? Plus, they know you...& you know my biggest measuring stick now is my clothes - are you having any issues there?
MVHO, I think you were so super cautious entering P4, I wonder a bit if your glycogen stores ever really filled until your weekend splurge. Yes, you'd been eating carbs, but again, I wonder if you'd ever really hit your tipping point?

Candi - sorry about the car & healing thoughts for your FIL
I'd been thinking about a private Book group for us since we all seem to be more active - it IS a lot easier to navigate on a mobile than 3FC...has it's issue too though...and there is the flip-side that what we post here can help others down the road...

Blue - my thoughts above for Linda apply to you too in regards to super-hyper-vigilant start to P4 / glycogen stores...
Sounds like you may have found a trigger-food. Halo Top ice cream is amazing and run 210 - 280 calories for an entire pint! No Butter Pecan flavor yet though.
Fwiw, I still won't buy Doritos and am starting to think granola may be another problem b/c of how easy it is to over-do when I am craving something crunchy / carby / sweet...but it's another easy go-to for DH, so it's hard to not buy & have around for his work lunches

Friday and Saturday were a lot of fun - the ribs we made Saturday afternoon with my SIL were off-the-chain! & we got to see great fireworks both nights.

Sunday was my first P1 day in awhile, but I really over-did it with the watermelon Saturday night - and I just felt yucky - sick-yucky & had a case of Montezuma's revenge, so didn't want to eat much anyway

The day after a long weekend is always hard and right now, it is especially tough mustering up the energy to come in here day after day. Luckily, it is busy-month, so I won't have much time for self-pity.

Off-schedule with my workouts this week - it rained yesterday so cut my run short (3 miles) / did weights with DH in the basement. Going now to hit the treadmill for another short run & more weights after work. I am not even going to attempt to acclimate to this weeks heat (after today, 100+ with humidity)
Back to normal / early run tomorrow

Last edited by hysteria_625; 07-05-2016 at 11:39 AM.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #198  
Ready to Reboot!

BethThat's a good point. We each has a journey and tools that can help others. Maybe if I can overcome my poor eating habits, other people are lurking (but not commenting) can benefit and not feel alone.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:43 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

That’s an interesting thought about making our own group on the Book, actually that’s crossed my mind a number of times as well. I quite like the idea.

I know for me, from the beginning, it has been SO helpful posting here on 3FC, getting advice, keeping me on track and motivated, learning from you all. And I know for a lot of you other “regulars”, it’s been the same for you. But inevitably, we will all drift away, look at those of us 2015ers who already have. And I don’t know if anyone has looked in on the 2014ers in the past, but it’s pretty much fizzled out, a few post once in awhile on the maintainers but that’s about all. That’ll probably be us by the start of next year.
So I like the idea of our tight little group staying connected on the book. Sure would hate to lose track of you all And you have to admit, the book is more immediate and convenient.

Another thing too, though I hate to see this happening, but I know for me, if I stray off course at some point and gain more than I want, it might be harder to come back here than to connect with our little group for support. Who knows, it hasn’t happened for me, but realistically, it could, couldn't it, even though I'm determined not to let that happen....why should any of us be immune from gaining it back, even with what we've all learned here. And we’ve certainly seen that happen with others. Some do come back, but how many don't?

As far as what you said, Beth, about others benefitting from our experiences, yes, of course, we know that’s been valid for those of us who post here, probably for lurkers (we'll never know, unless they un-lurk and tell us ), but I think it will become less so as time goes on and we post less and less here. Bound to happen.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #200  

As someone who only recently came out of lurker mode I see the benefit both ways. Would hate to have missed out on the opportunity to follow you all along as you've transitioned to maintenance. I feel like I have learned from your experiences, but I also realize that the true benefit in your posting and involvement is to help yourselves through this process. I just hope if you do move over I can come along

So far so good for me on the transition to P3. I did let my guard down a bit over the weekend, but generally made the best "cheating" choices I could (choosing a green salad that had some cheese or other fat versus the pasta salads or cookies/cakes). And surprisingly my weight has actually gone down a few pounds. I'm still mentally prepared for it to go back up. And going to do my best to stay clean for the rest of P3 - and likely hold off for a bit before I have a true splurge. But surviving the first few days of P3 without seeing a huge jump in the scale has given me some added confidence that I can successfully maintain this new lifestyle.
mandela66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:28 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Short post/ coming clean....real bad we for me. Started with a bad work issue, needing to cancel going with my husband to visit family then ended with a bag of tortilla chips, Ike and Mike and chocolate covered raisins...p1 day today. While I am not proud of the weekend overindulgence I am proud for stopping the pattern today (in the past 1 day would turn into 2 years and 70#. We are not perfect, we will all likely fall but if we stick together we will each get better and our fails will decrease.

More later
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:40 AM   #202  
Ready to Reboot!

Sue I am definitely with you. Started off with the nanny accident and then being exposed to all sorts of junk, and then I was slowly eating more and more bad stuff. I am so happy that we are both stopping the pattern. I am on my second day of Phase 1. It's going well. I lost 3 lbs already. Just a journey towards learning the healthy way of living.

mandela Sounds like Phase 3 is going well for you. In Phase 3, I don't see cheese on a salad as a cheat...although it technically is. This came up a while ago, but a little extra fat in Phase 3 can help with weight loss for some.

blue I'm afraid of us losing each other too! I already stopped coming on here between the first time on IP and my reboot. I am determined never to do that again, but I am checking the Book everyday and I could have touched based a lot easier on vacation to prevent some of my splurges. *sigh* But don't want people to miss out on learning either.

Beth So after being on the Gulf coast for over a week, it was quite a shock to come home on Monday and it was 70 degrees! But no, that was just a joke. It's back to 100 and humid in DC!!! Yuck. DH, the boys, and I went on a walk around 7:30p. I was soaked from the humidity. How are your morning runs going? Also DH and I signed up for a fun run/walk in September. How does one train in all this heat?

I just noticed that besides mandela, we have all had at least one Phase 1 day recently. Is it the summer you think?
Old 07-06-2016, 12:04 PM   #203  

I know for me summer is (in theory) a time to be more active, which is good, but in reality turns into more opportunities to barbecue, drink wine, eat desserts and otherwise overindulge. I anticipate many a P1 day in my future. And I confess - in addition to some extra fat on my salad, I did have a glass of wine. Twice. But kept it to one glass each time. Which is worse than no wine, but better than the amounts the people I was spending time with were consuming. So - small victories. And as expected, the two pounds were back this morning. Putting me smack in the middle of my "safe" zone of 170-175.

And take this with a giant grain of salt as I am only starting this maintenance process - but I really do believe we have the tools to do this. I don't think maintenance will look the same for any two people, as none of us have the same bodies, or lifestyles or metabolisms. But I think the key is keeping ourselves in check - splurges and overindulgences are okay. And I think even a good thing. But realizing it is time to pull it back in and be accountable to ourselves and each other is what this is all about!

Last edited by mandela66; 07-06-2016 at 12:05 PM.
mandela66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:20 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandela66 View Post
I know for me summer is (in theory) a time to be more active, which is good, but in reality turns into more opportunities to barbecue, drink wine, eat desserts and otherwise overindulge. I anticipate many a P1 day in my future. And I confess - in addition to some extra fat on my salad, I did have a glass of wine. Twice. But kept it to one glass each time. Which is worse than no wine, but better than the amounts the people I was spending time with were consuming. So - small victories. And as expected, the two pounds were back this morning. Putting me smack in the middle of my "safe" zone of 170-175.

And take this with a giant grain of salt as I am only starting this maintenance process - but I really do believe we have the tools to do this. I don't think maintenance will look the same for any two people, as none of us have the same bodies, or lifestyles or metabolisms. But I think the key is keeping ourselves in check - splurges and overindulgences are okay. And I think even a good thing. But realizing it is time to pull it back in and be accountable to ourselves and each other is what this is all about!
Heh heh, Yup!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:11 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Only have a literal second here- but Beth, I never thought about that- (the glycogen) you may be right. I am going to bring that theory up on Saturday-
Hope to catch up with you all tonight-
Happy Thursday ad stay strong!!! ☺♥
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

I hope nobody minds- I pulled the trigger on the book- "We Get By With A Little Help From Our Friends~2015" I only knew 2 peoples actual names. After reading everything this morning- maybe it will help us stay in touch a little easier? Personally, (and I want to know your opinions) I would like to see it be just our tight little group- albeit, there are a couple of other people who have been super quiet around here lately, but they were part of this and I think they should be included too- i.e. Frawnie and there are a couple of others....
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:36 AM   #207  
Ready to Reboot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
I hope nobody minds- I pulled the trigger on the book- "We Get By With A Little Help From Our Friends~2015" I only knew 2 peoples actual names. After reading everything this morning- maybe it will help us stay in touch a little easier? Personally, (and I want to know your opinions) I would like to see it be just our tight little group- albeit, there are a couple of other people who have been super quiet around here lately, but they were part of this and I think they should be included too- i.e. Frawnie and there are a couple of others....
Cool! I'll search for it this evening. I agree it should be our little group. I like that you kept "IP" from the name too. Frawnie and Cheryl and Jenny may be quiet now but they are definitely part of our group.

On another note, Phase 1 is going well. I am slowly turning alternative for this reboot and beyond! Financially it's a rough part of the year. As you know the nanny totaled the car, and we don't have enough money for a down payment so we are saving for that and we just got a new roof and we just came back from vacation. I had the Protidiet oatmeal this morning. It was good. That's a switch now. I ordered Oatmega bars and a couple other things.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Hey Linda – looks like we all like the Group idea. Found it and just asked to join .
Thanks for “pulling the trigger”. I’m happy to trust your judgement as far as members go.

I think many of us will continue to post here on 3FC as well, at least for the next while, more to share our experiences and struggles with IP and how we’re managing, as a help to others who are looking in…and you have to admit, there are a LOT of lurkers (I mean, 200 posts, 8000+ views).

mandela – happy to hear your progress on P3, I agree, a bit of cheese is not terrible, better fats than carbs. You’ll be into P4 before you know it.

Sue – good for you for owning it! We’ve all done that to some extent, and you’re right, stopping the pattern is the lesson we’ve learned. Back on track before the damage mounts up. A lot of it will work it’s way out of your system, and the P1 day will help a lot. Ike and Mike, though … I can’t go near them, no such thing for me as stopping after a few, I would eat the whole box!

Candi – same goes, good luck on P1, sounds like it is going well. How are you going to handle the Phase off?
Summer, too many opportunities for eating/splurging, I think we’re just out more than in winter, so a lot of P1 days as a result. IP guidelines are one splurge a week, not so easy to do, but I’m trying for my splurges to be tiny splurges as much as possible, and for the BIG ones, save them for special occasions.
I added in a lot of alternatives near the end of P1, I liked a lot of the Protthin and Protidiet bars from Nashua, not sure if you’ve tried them. Used to use Quest bars too, but not protocol now. And Quest powder for muffins, pancakes, breads.
Looks like you’re getting more of that wicked heat again today in your neck of the woods, hot here too but probably 10 degrees less, so more like a nice hot summer day. When it's in the mid-90s or higher, I can't handle that.

Beth, interesting comment about the glycogen stores. Could be. But I think it would have shown up before now, once I got past the intial P4 caution. I’ve been comfortably in P4 for almost 5 months and for most of it, 132/133. But if I'm honest with myself, I just haven’t been as disciplined as I should be lately, having more splurges than I should, and so my “normal” is up a couple of lbs. Still Ok, at goal, 134/135, but I have been finding some clothes are just a bit snug (not tight ). Of course, it’s been hot, humid lately, I’m drinking way more water, so could just be puffiness from that. Nevertheless, I would like to get back down a few. After my ice cream splurge, I had a P1 day, then decided to try 2 P1 Alt days to see if that made a diff. Nope, the P1 day brought me down a lb (back to normal), the P1 Alt days did nothing. I checked macros for the P1Alt days, and they’re pretty high actually ( my normal target is about 1500/1600 cal) so no surprise. Anyway, like I said, summer, you know, it’s just a tough time not to stray a bit.

Our anniversary this weekend, we’re headed up north for a few days, and speaking of splurges, I’m sure that’s going to happen. So I may be back at the beginning of the week to confess.

Have a great weekend all.

Last edited by blueskiesahead; 07-19-2016 at 07:05 PM.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:46 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Linda -- Thanks for pulling the trigger -- I requested tonight.

I feel like I am doing better this week, eating closer to p4 guidelines. I seem to do better with a shake for breakfast. So I had 2 P1 shakes this week and 2 Meal replacement shakes. Salad protein and veggies for lunch (plus my yogurt and fruit from breakfast that I did not have time to eat today). Veggies and meat and cheese for supper. Maybe higher in fat today as I mostly did fat instead of carbs. Scale has is below scream weight again.

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

So, I'm dusting off this old-ish thread! "2015 starters" has most definitely been my anchor on this journey. Well, maybe an "anchor" is not the right metaphor since an anchor keeps you in one place. My sails? My wind beneath my wings (joking/not joking). Just a thank you note, as I got just under goal today! Goal was 140 and I was 138.2 at WI!

My coach left it up to me whether I wanted to start Phase 2 or give it one more week, but since it has taken me "this long" to get it off, I'm really just ready to MOVE ONWARD. If/when my weight does "pop up" to the low 140s, I *think*, I'm *fine* with that?!?!?!

So again, thanks to EVERYONE on here for sharing all your successes and victories, as well as your stumbles and frustrations! I truly don't think I could have done it without this community!
XO
Lynn Margaret

Last edited by Lynn Margaret; 08-16-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote