Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Waiting on quest chips to be available in-store at gnc...

I tried fit & lean power protein RTD pudding. It was really good, all the nutrition fit into unrestricted but then I saw it had Canola oil in it and a couple other ingredients that made me cringe.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #242  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Hmmm... these products have NEVER been FREE to my knowledge - always count as one of your packets. I also have read by many who use them that because they are incomplete proteins, IP recommends they only be used twice per week. Please post this question on the Daily Chat because there are many who use them there and can give you feedback. Personally I don't use them and while I know TONS about IP, since I don't use them I don't want to give you false info.
I was told they could be an extra on an active day or if you have as one of your three don't do it more than every other day pecs use of the incomplete protein. I have never been told that they are free but they are pretty low on the calorie and fat scale so it is likely you could get away with it but everyday might be pushing it.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #243  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Quest chips are unrestricted...

Are you intentionally having 4 "packets"? You are having eggs twice, each serving equal to a packet, plus Quest (restricted) and chips? And 7 oz meat divided (should be 8 oz)... Some people do have 4 packets if they are over 200 lbs. you are getting close (soooo close) to onderland, so you will need to drop to 3 packets!
JLUS - I have always done (and am currently doing) the 3 "packets" per day... I haven't even purchased the chips. I just wondered if it would okay to add the chips as an extra packet per day, but you're right - I am close to onderland so I will stick with the 3 packets. I might try the chips by substituting them for my Quest bar or for my eggs at lunch.

Regarding the meat/dinner protein amount... I am doing 7 oz. total per day because 5 oz. is a lot for dinner (for me anyway). I tried doing 2 oz. of chicken at lunch and 6 oz. of chicken at dinner, and I almost couldn't finish my dinner! :P The 7 oz. works for me, so I hope that is acceptable. If not, maybe I will try the 5 oz. at dinner and see how I feel.

Last edited by karkrazy13; 08-13-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #244  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I was told they could be an extra on an active day or if you have as one of your three don't do it more than every other day pecs use of the incomplete protein. I have never been told that they are free but they are pretty low on the calorie and fat scale so it is likely you could get away with it but everyday might be pushing it.
Well, regardless of what I was told by my coach, I'm just looking for alternatives for the blueberry cran-granata drink and the raspberry jelly. Looking for the collagen.

Also, after reading through various threads and posts in the forum, I've noticed slight differences in advice from people's IP coaches. Overall they seem to be pretty standard, but there are slight (even if ever so slight) variances in their advice.

I go in to weigh this Friday. I have been drinking one every day. I guess I'll find out whether or not what my coach told me was bad advice or not.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #245  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
Well, regardless of what I was told by my coach, I'm just looking for alternatives for the blueberry cran-granata drink and the raspberry jelly. Looking for the collagen.

Also, after reading through various threads and posts in the forum, I've noticed slight differences in advice from people's IP coaches. Overall they seem to be pretty standard, but there are slight (even if ever so slight) variances in their advice.

I go in to weigh this Friday. I have been drinking one every day. I guess I'll find out whether or not what my coach told me was bad advice or not.
Hi Pebbles
My coach also told me it could be a freebie every-other day or a sub for a regular packet every other day.

IP-wise, besides the blue cran & jelly there are a couple other sources of collagen: Strawberry Banana RTD and chicken noodle soup. I believe the last two have both kinds of protein so they ARE complete proteins.

The reason some are limited is because the collagen (or gelatin) is not a complete protein. There are NUMEROUS choices from Nashua. Any of the ones that gelatin is the primary source of protein would fall into that category. Here are some examples:
Proti Thin Liquid Concentrate Drinks & Chicken Noodle Soup
Proti Diet Liquid Concentrate Drinks & Chicken Noodle Soup
Health Smart: Cran Grape, Grape, Grapefruit drinks & chicken bouillon.

I'm sure there are others but these are the ones I found doing a quick glance.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post

Y'all have a great day.
You are correct - there are coaches who do alter certain rules. As I said, I have not used the collagen packets so definitely wanted you to get clarification. I knew they were not complete proteins so not a good everyday packet choice. LISA's post has LOTS of good info on them!!

I imagine you will be fine on weigh-in... They are on the very low end of the packets for calories!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
JLUS - I have always done (and am currently doing) the 3 "packets" per day... I haven't even purchased the chips. I just wondered if it would okay to add the chips as an extra packet per day, but you're right - I am close to onderland so I will stick with the 3 packets. I might try the chips by substituting them for my Quest bar or for my eggs at lunch.

Regarding the meat/dinner protein amount... I am doing 7 oz. total per day because 5 oz. is a lot for dinner (for me anyway). I tried doing 2 oz. of chicken at lunch and 6 oz. of chicken at dinner, and I almost couldn't finish my dinner! :P The 7 oz. works for me, so I hope that is acceptable. If not, maybe I will try the 5 oz. at dinner and see how I feel.
Then I would keep to the three packets and use them to sub for one of your meal items. You could have them instead of eggs for lunch (or breakfast for tat matter) and keep your Quest since the quest chips are unrestricted.

For your protein, you should be fine with the 7 oz. I didn't notice your height. I know a few other petite ladies on here do 6 oz (often split lunch and dinner) and it worked just fine!

Last edited by JLUS; 08-13-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #248  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

Lisa and JLUS, thank you for the great information.

Keeping my fingers crossed for weigh-in Friday.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #249  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post

Are you measuring raw? Once cooked, I don't find 8oz of raw chicken amounts to much, but I have always been more of a carnivore than an herbivore!

The chips would give you a nice change from eggs and they are so portable.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #250  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Are you measuring raw? Once cooked, I don't find 8oz of raw chicken amounts to much, but I have always been more of a carnivore than an herbivore!

The chips would give you a nice change from eggs and they are so portable.
Yes, I do measure my chicken raw Even though I love meat, 5 oz. is a lot for me, especially when I'm adding 2 cups of cauliflower The 3 oz. at lunch and the 4 oz. at dinner works for me, so I think I'll stick with that for now.

I am thinking of trying the chips in place of my eggs at lunch (I love my scrambled eggs in the morning!)

Last edited by karkrazy13; 08-14-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Results from Week 1 on Lindora, 8lbs lost!!! So excited for the following weeks to come!
Old 08-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #252  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Results from Week 1 on Lindora, 8lbs lost!!! So excited for the following weeks to come!
Way to go
Old 08-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Thank You!!!
Old 08-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Nice job!
Old 08-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
WOOT, WOOT!! ShelbyLynn8
Closed Thread