Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #181  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Okay. So I'm super excited about these Quest Chips. My coach gave me the okay and I'm gonna order some to add to the mix. No soy or gluten as well for anyone that is watching that.

Last edited by kissi; 07-29-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #182  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjones View Post
Oh wow! I'm a HUGE IP BBQ soy chips fan....gotta love a cheaper alternative. I wonder if they are selling these in any stores? My local grocery store sells Quest Bars for about $2.75 that are REALLY fresh (they just started carrying them so no old stock). We have several local health stores that sell them for cheaper but they tend to be a little chewy and old (even though they are well within the sell by date). I have heard you get the freshest bars ordering from Quest themselves. Hmmmm....FOOD for thought!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #183  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I went to bite into a quest bar at a meeting today and it was rock hard! It was the first one I bought, the lemon flavour and I kept second guessing if I would like it. Maybe putting it in the micro will help.

I hope the chips end up in Canadian stores. I don't want to pay shipping or duty. The website said they would go in stores later this summer.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #184  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I went to bite into a quest bar at a meeting today and it was rock hard! It was the first one I bought, the lemon flavour and I kept second guessing if I would like it. Maybe putting it in the micro will help.

I hope the chips end up in Canadian stores. I don't want to pay shipping or duty. The website said they would go in stores later this summer.
They get hard when they get older. Definitely not something I can store long-term.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Just placed my first order for Quest Bars. I have been buying them from GNC. I haven't had a problem with them being hard, but maybe coming direct from the manufacturer they'll be even better. When I first tried them I wasn't a fan, but they grow on you. I really like them now. They satisfy my sweet tooth and they are very filling. I also got a box of the Sour Cream chips. I'll let you know what I think.

I ordered several different things from Nashua and here is my review:

HealthSmart Protein Bar - Peanut Butter - Pretty good. Reminds me of a candy bar.
HealthSmart Pudding & Shake - Variety Pack - Not as thick and creamy as IP but will do. Haven't tried to make anything out of them like muffins or waffles.
HealthSmart Soup - Cream of Chicken - Like this a lot. Works great over veg for lunch.
ProtiDiet Dinner - Chili - Probably won't order this again.No matter how long I let it "soak" there are still hard chunks, like break your tooth on hard chunks. Consistency is runny and it just doesn't taste good to me.
ProtiDiet Pancakes - Blueberry - I want to like these but I have to admit I was never really good at cooking pancakes and these are no exception. I have tried cooking them at a lower temp for a longer time - they get really hard. I tried following the directions (just add water) cook 2 minutes per side and cooking at low temp and they were so runny I couldn't flip them over. I tried adding an egg white instead of water and that helped a little. I even tried it in the waffle maker with a whole egg. I wasn't impressed.
Weight Loss Systems Pudding - Creamy Cheesecake - This stuff is the bomb. Cheesecake is my crack. I can only do it on the weekends though because it takes a while to set up. It's really good with a tsp of Torani Raspberry syrup.

The only down side to these products is that they don't have the same amount of protein as IP packets. They are all between 12-15 gms each. So I try to make sure I use an egg white somewhere or I add an extra ounce or two to dinner.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:17 AM   #186  

I just watched a couple of you tube reviews on the chops. They definitely look more like chips than the IP crisps. One reviewer said sea salt was best and if you were on a diet they would satisfy a craving. He thought the sour cream were awful. The other guy thought the chips were amazing and his personal preference was BBQ. I'd love to hear from fellow IPers. Personally I have never enjoyed the baked Lays so don't have a lot of hope. I figure I will hold out for regular chips on my fun days.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #187  

I ordered a box of sea salt and one bag if the sour cream (unsure about the added flavor til I try it). I've never liked BBQ flavored chips so didn't get those
Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #188  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
I just watched a couple of you tube reviews on the chops. They definitely look more like chips than the IP crisps. One reviewer said sea salt was best and if you were on a diet they would satisfy a craving. He thought the sour cream were awful. The other guy thought the chips were amazing and his personal preference was BBQ. I'd love to hear from fellow IPers. Personally I have never enjoyed the baked Lays so don't have a lot of hope. I figure I will hold out for regular chips on my fun days.
I'm getting a box of each of them when I get paid tomorrow. I am stubborn and don't like throwing out something that I spend money on (like some of the IP soups I've choked down), so I will 'enjoy' a bag a day I'm sure.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:56 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 189/162.5/168

Quote:
I hope for you that they are. I bought proti diet wafers and hate them! Different texture and mouth feel. Vanilla has no flavour. I now freeze them as it is the only way I can eat them and I bout two boxes.
Just got the Proti thin wafers and they are identical to IP. They are same texture, size...everything as the strawberry and lemon IP ones except they are a light vanilla flavor.

I looked at protidiet and the pic of the wafer looks different.

You should order the protithin if you like the IP wafers
Old 07-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #190  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I just got mine today and can't even remember the flavors I ordered -- I picked up my package while running out the door. I will have some tonight and let you guys know.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:26 PM   #191  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taye168 View Post
Just got the Proti thin wafers and they are identical to IP. They are same texture, size...everything as the strawberry and lemon IP ones except they are a light vanilla flavor.

I looked at protidiet and the pic of the wafer looks different.

You should order the protithin if you like the IP wafers
I noticed that but I haven't found anywhere to order proti thin in canada. I don't want to deal with duty and shipping going across the border. I have a friend in Boston that I could send them to but I figure I can survive without. I plan to phase off in 6-8 weeks. I have a backlog of product to get through. Taking a weeks vacation at our cottage and plan to take a bunch with me to use up my less favourite items.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:27 PM   #192  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

I'm am sitting here sampling the Quest BBQ Chips. First impression: I'm not a fan. They are less dense than the IP BBQ chips, more vinegar-y and have a weird "sweetness" to them. They are like Lays chips in consistency, but airier. IP chips taste dead-on BBQ to me -- these are just in the neighborhood. If the density or texture of IP bother you, you might like this one.

I'm am holding out hope for the other flavors!!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Nashua Nutrition Sale items this weekend

Health Smart puddings and shakes on sale this weekend only. 10% off. Use code PUDDING10.

Also, $5 off any order (1 time use only) until 8/31/14. Use code AUG5OFF.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 233.6/180/140

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone, I had a question - are all ProtiDiet foods aspartame free or just some of them?
Old 08-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline.s View Post
Hey everyone, I had a question - are all ProtiDiet foods aspartame free or just some of them?
I use PD a lot and many are Aspartame free but you do have to check. Sometimes you can click in the small boxes on the product pa ge and get an Aspartame version of sone products (not sure if this is for all brands).
Closed Thread