Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Results from Week 1 on Lindora, 8lbs lost!!! So excited for the following weeks to come!
AWESOME - Way to GO!!!
Old 08-15-2014, 01:22 AM   #257  

Maybe this has been addressed because I didn't read this whole thread. The first time I did IP (2 yrs ago) I used alternatives with no problem. This time I decided to do the plan w no alternatives. I preserved from ideal to go and one of my products was the same exact alternative I used before, right down to the packaging. I have no problem with this but why would I pay more from I2G if it is exactly the same thing I can get elsewhere for less?
Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #258  

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnewme View Post
Maybe this has been addressed because I didn't read this whole thread. The first time I did IP (2 yrs ago) I used alternatives with no problem. This time I decided to do the plan w no alternatives. I preserved from ideal to go and one of my products was the same exact alternative I used before, right down to the packaging. I have no problem with this but why would I pay more from I2G if it is exactly the same thing I can get elsewhere for less?
IP products in my experience are packaged and printed different from any alternatives I have purchased... BUT many, many alternatives are made by one of a couple companies and then sold under a number of "private label" brands. You can see many of the exact same products and pictures on boxes, but with different name brands. At one time while researching this, I came across one of the companies advertising that programs can order their products with their own labels. Someone in Canada posted finding the same thing!

So, while I do not know much about Ideal to Go, I would more than bet it is NOT using actual Ideal Protein products. They likely buy from one of these companies using their label.

Last edited by JLUS; 08-15-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #259  

ITG says right on their website they are no longer affiliated with Ideal Protein
Old 08-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #260  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
ITG says right on their website they are no longer affiliated with Ideal Protein
Yep... I actually had to go through a statement page that they are NOT affiliated before I could see their website.

AND their products are more than double the price for the same products on Nashua ($26 vs $12) and they are selling the SAME products from brands available on Nashua, but with their own ITG label.

Last edited by JLUS; 08-15-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

I don't know about most of you, but im a coffee lover! And since starting Lindora I haven't been drinking any cause I cant dump all the creamer in it, and it tastes gross with just sweetener in it. So this morning I took one of my EAS Carb Control Shakes (French Vanilla) and dumped half of it in my coffee! It tasted yummy enough that I had another cup. One bottle of Eas= 2 cups of coffee. Yay im excited to of found a way to drink my coffee again.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #262  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
I don't know about most of you, but im a coffee lover! And since starting Lindora I haven't been drinking any cause I cant dump all the creamer in it, and it tastes gross with just sweetener in it. So this morning I took one of my EAS Carb Control Shakes (French Vanilla) and dumped half of it in my coffee! It tasted yummy enough that I had another cup. One bottle of Eas= 2 cups of coffee. Yay im excited to of found a way to drink my coffee again.
Yep, that is an extremely popular way yo enjoy coffee!! In summer, I also enjoy putting my shake in the blender with done decaf iced coffee AND coffee ice cubes to get a mocha shake!
Old 08-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #263  

Good to know about ideal to go! When I went with them 2 yrs ago they sold only IP products. I noticed their website looked a little different, but my old log in info still worked so when I placed a reorder I assumed I was getting the same thing. They used to be the only place to buy IP products online, and one could only order if there was no local clinic. I wonder when all that changed.

I will check out the Nashua site then, thanks.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:40 AM   #264  

lisa32989, thanks for all your posts you are a HUGE inspiration for me. You sound like you may be a lot like me too. I do better on no sucralose, no soy, can't do gluten and am carbohydrate intolerant. I like things more natural but really want to get 30lbs off!

I am going to read through all the alternatives threads but it's very time consuming so I wanted to ask something up front.

I saw your pink box for calculating foods that would work and I have Kaizen Natural Whey, grass fed, gluten free, sucralose free (it's got stevia) it does have a touch of IP soy lecithin which I hope won't bother me, anyhow, here's how it shakes out:

calories 120
fat 1g
carbs 3g
sugars 1g
protein 24g

So it does qualify but what I'm wondering is it has enough of everything I need to make it equate to an IP meal?

I saw the one about 1 egg and 2 egg whites, so am I to assume that anytime we're supposed to have an IP food, it's really only protein we need?

Thanks again
Old 08-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuregurl View Post
lisa32989, thanks for all your posts you are a HUGE inspiration for me. You sound like you may be a lot like me too. I do better on no sucralose, no soy, can't do gluten and am carbohydrate intolerant. I like things more natural but really want to get 30lbs off!

I am going to read through all the alternatives threads but it's very time consuming so I wanted to ask something up front.

I saw your pink box for calculating foods that would work and I have Kaizen Natural Whey, grass fed, gluten free, sucralose free (it's got stevia) it does have a touch of IP soy lecithin which I hope won't bother me, anyhow, here's how it shakes out:

calories 120
fat 1g
carbs 3g
sugars 1g
protein 24g

So it does qualify but what I'm wondering is it has enough of everything I need to make it equate to an IP meal?

I saw the one about 1 egg and 2 egg whites, so am I to assume that anytime we're supposed to have an IP food, it's really only protein we need?

Thanks again
This protein meets the IP alternative requirements. It's a tad high in protein at 24 as most IP tops around 20, but this should be fine.

If you scroll down a few more posts after the pink box of alternative info,. I posted just a little more details that are sometimes helpful.

I think your reference to the eggs is about using them to replace an IP packet. YES, I never buy IP or alternative egg products anymore. I use 1 WHOLE egg and 3 egg WHITES. (Note this is different than what you printed and is the correct amount to correspond to an IP packet so you get the proper protein and other nutrients). IF you want to use eggs to replace your 8 oz meat protein, the new Phase 1 sheet (June 2014) states 6 eggs of which 2-4 can be whole eggs and the rest egg whites.

Grab a carton of pure egg whites along with your whole eggs and you are all set!

Last edited by JLUS; 08-17-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #266  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
This protein meets the IP alternative requirements. It's a tad high in protein at 24 as most IP tops around 20, but this should be fine.

If you scroll down a few more posts after the pink box of alternative info,. I posted just a little more details that are sometimes helpful.

I think your reference to the eggs is about using them to replace an IP packet. YES, I never buy IP or alternative egg products anymore. I use 1 WHOLE egg and 3 egg WHITES. (Note this is different than what you printed and is the correct amount to correspond to an IP packet so you get the proper protein and other nutrients). IF you want to use eggs to replace your 8 oz meat protein, the new Phase 1 sheet (June 2014) states 6 eggs of which 204 can be whole eggs and the rest egg whites.

Grab a carton of pure egg whites along with your whole eggs and you are all set!
JLUS, I didn't think the 2014 sheet had been officially released... has it? And if so, did you mean to say that you can have 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites?
Old 08-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #267  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
JLUS, I didn't think the 2014 sheet had been officially released... has it? And if so, did you mean to say that you can have 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites?
Lisa has posted the new sheets at the start of the daily. It is 6 eggs, with 2 - 4 being whole eggs and the remainder being whites. It's a lotta eggs!
Old 08-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #268  

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
Yes, it was released and posted in June... More unlimited veggies and the egg amounts to use as your protein have changed a bit.

(I fixed my typo in my post above!)

Last edited by JLUS; 08-17-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #269  

Laurie, thanks so much for clarifying that. I had a Quest bar for snack this afternoon - Double Chocolate Chunk - and I felt so much better than that than I do on most of the IP drinks - they make me so shaky for some reason. I think I'm going to try having one of those a day or so and see how I feel and if I still lose ok.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:17 AM   #270  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
The chips are light and crispy. The texture is not like baked Lays, Pringles, or even the IP crisps. The cheddar flavor is predominant. Did not taste much sour cream. They are unrestricted. But not very filling. At least to me. And the packaging from Quest leaves something to be desired. Over half of the bags I got were crushed. There were two cases of Quest bars in the shipping box that smashed the bags.
If you ordered from Quest, let them know - they once sent me a whole box of free bars because a couple I bout at GNC were rock hard! They are good that way,
Closed Thread