Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
I just got my Quest chips! I love the cheddar - definitely my favorite. My mother was over this weekend and I made her lunch and she tried both the cheddar and sea salt, and her favorite was the sea salt, so everyone's taste is different! I ordered a couple of bags of BBQ for the ladies I work with who are also on IP, but I can't have them because of allergies. They both love the IP BBQ crisps and are looking for a good alternative. I'm going to try to use the sea salt chips as breading this week, like I did with my IP crisps.

Not a fan of the Quest bars though. Tried the Banana Bread and started gagging halfway through. I gave the rest to my husband to take on hiking trips.
Just sent a picture of the crushed bags of chips to Quest. We'll see what happens.

I wasn't a fan of the Quest bars when I first tried them either. The banana and lemon are kinda gross. My favs are Strawberry Cheesecake, Double Chocolate Chunk, Cinnamon Roll, and Chocolate Brownie. I didn't fall in love with these at first either, but now I love them. They taste pretty good and they are very filling. I bought several of each at GNC and tried them out and then ordered boxes from Quest once I knew which ones I really liked. I think the taste kind of grew on me. It's like the IP foods or the alts, they don't taste like what we may be used to (which isn't good for us) but after a while, they're ok.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #287  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

catlady1981 - That's a really good point. My first weekend on IP, I thought all the food was disgusting (but, I was also eating clean so it was tough to go back to processed stuff) - now I really look forward to some of the food, like the Peanut Butter bar! I should probably give the Quest bars another shot - there's a GNC right next to my grocery store so it's easy to stop in. Maybe if I get more of the peanut butter/chocolate variety I'd like them better.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
catlady1981 - That's a really good point. My first weekend on IP, I thought all the food was disgusting (but, I was also eating clean so it was tough to go back to processed stuff) - now I really look forward to some of the food, like the Peanut Butter bar! I should probably give the Quest bars another shot - there's a GNC right next to my grocery store so it's easy to stop in. Maybe if I get more of the peanut butter/chocolate variety I'd like them better.
Just make sure that you follow the guidelines for restricted. There are a lot more of the bars that DON't meet the requirements than those that do.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #289  

I had a Quest Double Chocolate Chunk the last two days (for one of my IP proteins) and it really feels like cheating, is it ok? I do MUCH better one them than I do on the IP stuff).

Most of the others I have found locally seem to be the bad ones.

Can someone tell me how you find the calories from fat on them, I can see fat grams but am having a hard time finding the % of calories of fat.

Thanks!

PS I thought the calories in Chocolate Brownie were too high, like 190 or something?

Last edited by Adventuregurl; 08-18-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #290  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Simply chips! They're made by a Canadian company. They are restricted, however.
I also make bread and rolls from the potato purée. That helps a lot!
Quest bars and simply whey bars are also gf
Wow thanks, do you know where I can get them? Are they good?

I'll look into recipes for potato purée. My body it really not liking the sucralose in IP stuff!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuregurl View Post
I had a Quest Double Chocolate Chunk the last two days (for one of my IP proteins) and it really feels like cheating, is it ok? I do MUCH better one them than I do on the IP stuff).

Most of the others I have found locally seem to be the bad ones.

Can someone tell me how you find the calories from fat on them, I can see fat grams but am having a hard time finding the % of calories of fat.

Thanks!

PS I thought the calories in Chocolate Brownie were too high, like 190 or something?

On the label directly below the calories (160 for double chocolate) it says Calories from fat 50. Easiest thing to do is multiply that number by three and if it is less than total calories, then you know it is less than 30% of the calories coming from fat. (50 x 3=150 so it is under 30% and fine for a restricted.) chocolate Brownie is 170 calories and 50 calories from fat.

Last edited by JLUS; 08-18-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #292  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
On the label directly below the calories (160 for double chocolate) it says Calories from fat 50. Easiest thing to do is multiply that number by three and if it is less than total calories, then you know it is less than 30% of the calories coming from fat. (50 x 3=150 so it is under 30% and fine for a restricted.) chocolate Brownie is 170 calories and 50 calories from fat.
Thanks for that, on the bars I bought in Canada it doesn't say that under the calories - Canada makes them have different labels as they're not allowed to call them Gluten Free here as they aren't certified gf! I can see on the labels online though - oh why can't things just be simple!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #293  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Thanks for that, on the bars I bought in Canada it doesn't say that under the calories - Canada makes them have different labels as they're not allowed to call them Gluten Free here as they aren't certified gf! I can see on the labels online though - oh why can't things just be simple!
It is grams of fat multiplied by 9, I believe. Might be 7.... I always forget
Old 08-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #294  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
It is grams of fat multiplied by 9, I believe. Might be 7.... I always forget
Fat grams x 9 gives calories from fat. Then Multiply that result by 3 and if THAT is less than total calories, you are golden!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #295  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Fat grams x 9 gives calories from fat. Then Multiply that result by 3 and if THAT is less than total calories, you are golden!
Using that theory the double chocolate chunk bar does not meet IP standards (with 6gm of fat) yet some of the people who have lost tons of weight say it's ok...how do I reconcile that?
Old 08-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #296  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Using that theory the double chocolate chunk bar does not meet IP standards (with 6gm of fat) yet some of the people who have lost tons of weight say it's ok...how do I reconcile that?
As IP always says, you have to try if and see how your body responds. The quest brownie US packaging does say 50 calories from fat even though it also says 6 grams of fat. 6x9 is 54. But 54x3 is 162 and the calories are 160 so it is close.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #297  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
As IP always says, you have to try if and see how your body responds. The quest brownie US packaging does say 50 calories from fat even though it also says 6 grams of fat. 6x9 is 54. But 54x3 is 162 and the calories are 160 so it is close.
I have noticed that the Dbl. Choc. Chunk bar keeps me up all night even if I eat it at 3:30pm :-(
Old 08-19-2014, 02:28 PM   #298  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

There is a Quest bar (cookies and cream) that I LOVE and looked at the nutrition and the fat pushed it out of the "ok" range. But I recently ordered Lemon Wafers from IP (haven't tried them yet) and saw that by those rules Lemon Wafers are not ok.... I was going to ask about that on here, I'm glad this has come up.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #299  

Just found the Simply Protein chips and bars at the market right across the street from me....I'll try them today and let you know what I think...I'm assuming they're not restricted?
Old 08-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #300  

IP itself has a few items that "break" the rules with higher fat content or higher calories than most products (or even higher carbs - the chocolate drink has 9 carbs but is still considered unrestricted.) If you use something that is a little higher in one of the areas, don't use it every day and/or balance it by eating a packet that is "lower" elsewhere in the day.

Even IP isn't perfect... but if you stay true, it works!
Closed Thread