Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #91  

healthangie: I am a pretty repetitive eater; if anything I should probably switch things up a bit haha, but I already have zucchini everday and peppers. My coach said that it is fine to just stick with that (even though it is red peppers), along with some lettuce. The change really isn't that much different than from what I have already been doing - I never had restricted foods before and can still have the puddings, omelet, and cappuccino drink so the only difference is the evening protein for me. I sort of think the word 'bootcamp', or any sort of change in the protocol, we instantly think we will be deprived, hungry, or it will just be hard to follow but that's not necessarily the case. If anything, it is just a mind over matter thing!
xolina13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #92  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

xolina - I got the "no no" finger for my red bell peppers so I switched to yellow and orange thinking they were better - I just read on line that they're worse!!! I love salads but need a good mix of stuff in them - I'm going to stick with my celery, cucumber, arugula, spinach, mushrooms and scallion onions. Then I know I'll be safe ...

I agree that the use of the word can have some conatations to it ... really I'm just going to take it 1 day at a time .. I'm waning so I know this needs to be my last hurah
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Default Healthy Angie....

Hi Angie,

Are the red bell peppers restricted? If yes, that explains my slow losses. Let me know. I think I am going to gve the cellulite reduction a try when I get to 125.

Thank you in advance,

Lexi
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #94  
Keeping it real!

Hi lexi - No, they're not on the restricted list but they are higher in carbs than most of the vegetables on the "select" list. When you do the cellulite reduction they want you on the fast burn veggies which does not include the "occasional" and is a subset of the "select" - all the green ones I guess. My coach still isn't sure about my white mushrooms but I looked them up and they're very low carb so I'm sticking with them for right now.

Good luck - keep us posted on how you do!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #95  

Default Thanks Angie

Well I had red peppers three days in a row and Ive been the same weight since last Wednesday so I know why now I guess its better than eating pizza on Super Bowl Sunday which I really really wanted Im doing ok so far thanks for asking. I have some really hard days and for me the hunger is still there. I am trying to lose baby weight. My goal is 120 but everyone here says that you should shoot for 5 lbs below that. Ill keep you posted on how I am doing, good luck with the Cellullite reduction, I am weight lifting to get rid of that
Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 165/137.2/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Good morning ladies. Just checking in! I hope everyone has a great day!
MelissaM39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #97  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -
This is my 1st time posting here.
I was reading the posts about Red Peppers ..those are my lifeline!
Been on them since I began .
Red Peppers and Cucumbers are my only things I can truly say I look forward to eating and find satisfying.
All other Veggies I ate are just fuel...
Know I should be able to switch over but when I buy other stuff it usually goes bad and end up throwing it out and hate to waste money. Made Kale and could not choke them down.Tried Mock Mashed potatoes couldnt eat them.
Think I have a thing with texture, only ate Mashed Potatoes after I got married.

Salads I eat plain mostly have a pantry filled with Walden Farms dressing except for the Bacon I really don't like the taste.
My family eats a variety of different foods and I have not raised any picky eaters like myself.
I am thinking of trying to go below my goal weight so I guess I need to make adjustments
Roo2

Last edited by Roo2; 02-05-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #98  

Roo2,

I think you are only supposed to have red peppers twice a week. They have stalled my losees. Just an FYI
Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #99  
Keeping it real!

Good morning all!

Roo - red bell peppers aren't really "bad, bad" but should be used sparingly. Forget the yellow and orange! I thought they would be better, but they're much worse. I'm eliminating the colors completely because of the cellulite protocol which calls for very clean burning veggies only ....

lexi - remember you might have a week of slow or no loss and then a whoosh. Also, if you're weight training, you might be gaining muscle weight. How are you inches looking? Have you lost there?

Melissa - it's so nice to see that pretty smile in the morning!

Maggie - how'd the hair appointment go? We can't see all that pretty hair in your picture ... give us a peek
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #100  

Angie,
I am sure you are right. I havent measured myself because I cant do it by myself, and my husband looks at me like I am kookoo when I ask him to do it..... HAHA. I will ask a girl at the gym to measure me this week and I will let you know.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #101  

Angie, You are so sweet and full of compliments! Thank you!

So I'm a bit bummed, I've been eating red, yellow, orange peppers every day.... I guess I need to re-evaluate that. I'm just so limited with the veggies I can have, I'm swearing off all veggies that may negatively affect the function of my thyroid (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, rutabaga, cabbage, spinach), it really leaves me with very little... oh well I'll figure it out!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #102  
Keeping it real!

Melissa - how come spinach??? I love the peppers but I guess they're getting in my way - I added mushrooms, cucumbers, hot pepper (jalapenos), arugula, and celery to my salads now to keep them jazzed up.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #103  

Morning everyone! I hope everyone has an awesome day today and stays OP!
xolina13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
Hi everyone -
This is my 1st time posting here.
I was reading the posts about Red Peppers ..those are my lifeline!
Been on them since I began .
Red Peppers and Cucumbers are my only things I can truly say I look forward to eating and find satisfying.
All other Veggies I ate are just fuel...
Know I should be able to switch over but when I buy other stuff it usually goes bad and end up throwing it out and hate to waste money. Made Kale and could not choke them down.Tried Mock Mashed potatoes couldnt eat them.
Think I have a thing with texture, only ate Mashed Potatoes after I got married.

Salads I eat plain mostly have a pantry filled with Walden Farms dressing except for the Bacon I really don't like the taste.
My family eats a variety of different foods and I have not raised any picky eaters like myself.
I am thinking of trying to go below my goal weight so I guess I need to make adjustments
Roo2
Welcome Roo! Congratulations on your amazing amazing weight loss. You must feel like a million bucks! Well...this is definitely the right place to hang around while we all figure maintenance out together. What works, what doesn't and what kind of adjustments we're making to keep the scale where we need it. So glad you joined the pack
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #105  

Angie, I'm not 100% sure why spinach is included in the list of "don't eat" veggies, all of the rest are considered cruciferous vegetable, so I can understand eliminating a specific kind of veggie. I love spinach and was eating it almost every day but now I'm just very nervous about eating anything that may affect my thyroid. At least I can still have zucchini!