Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #211  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbf View Post
Great weigh in this week - down 20 lbs., -10 inches in 5 weeks! That was Monday. Now I'm down 22 lbs.

I leave for a trip tomorrow. Wish me luck staying on program. I really don't think it's going to be a problem.
WTG on the WI! You're doing great! Good luck and have fun on your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Greeniris,
I hope you get that job! Fingers crossed !
Thank you Chloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I was talking to some friends about cravings or lack of control over some foods. One of my friends had seen a TV show (some talk show I guess) where they were saying that you need to bring what you love/have little control over into the bounds of something you can control. Say there's a food scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being love it, and 1 being hate it. If chocolate is a 10, and you want to make it a 5 or a 6 on that scale, start paring the though of another food that's a 1 along with it. Avocados for me are a negative 5 (I'm allergic to them, they give me the willies thinking of them) with the chocolate. I know it works in theory. I don't want to sit in a room full of milk chocolate to test it out though. It defiantly takes the appear away for me though.
Hmmm...fish, liver, saurkraut with chocolate??? Blech. Honestly, as much as I LOVE choc, I don't like choc cheesecake or mocha, so if I can convince myself all choc now has either coffee or cheese mixed in with it, this idea should work! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
I'll have to try that, I'd make pizza or anything cheesy with........jeez I like everything
LOL - maybe a non-food item then...turpentine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Welcome back (soon) to P1. No worries, I'm sure you'll do just fine. These little return visits to P1 are all part and parcel of maintenance it seems. You're being smart to nab it now. I'm sending good thoughts along for your mom's surgery tomorrow. Oh - as well - good luck with that new job application! I know your current job situation seems to stress you - hope things work out for a good change.

--------------------
Almost end of the day here. It's been a good day, if relatively uneventful. I did make Kitkat's red cabbage recipe yesterday, and had it again today for lunch. I really like the combo of acv and cloves in it. Very tasty. I ended up overdoing it at lunch though - gave myself 2 servings - which I then realized meant I'd eaten all of my veggies for the whole day! Who knew I'd enjoy red cabbage so much?

If any one else wants to try it, you just chop up 1 head of red cabbage into 1-2"pieces, and put it on a pot on the stove at low heat, along with 1-2 tsps of olive oil or coconut oil, 1/3 cup of acv, 3-4 tbsp of water, some stevia to taste, and salt, pepper, and a few cloves. Let it simmer for about 1.5-2 hrs, stirring occasionally and checking the level of liquid at the bottom of the pot. Add a bit more water if it's getting too dry. One head of lettuce gave me about 12 cups, and it shrinks down to about 1/2 it's uncooked size. So one cup cooked is equal to 2 cups raw chopped.
Thank you evepet. You have been so very supportive, and I really appreciate it my friend.
Want to try the cabbage recipe, but what is ACV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpenny View Post
Am so thrilled with reading the forums and everyone's sharings about being successful on the program. Really revs me up. Started the program at the beginning of January and have lost about 15 pounds. Hooray! Love Ideal Protein.
You are doing great! IP is a great program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Liver and blond brownies and milk and ice cream and butterscotch on top!
Ugh...
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #212  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
LOL Okay you all are coming up with some great opposites (love the responses you all have given)- but this one takes the cake (right out of my like category)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #213  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Ok - I think you hit it! I was wondering how to come up with something repulsive enough to work for me - but envisioning that *mess* definitely quenches any desire for a brownie... or ice cream. Yuk. To make it even worse, how about tossing a handful of salt on top? And tossing a few spoonfuls of melted lard on it!!! Ewwww.... LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

Thank you evepet. You have been so very supportive, and I really appreciate it my friend.
Want to try the cabbage recipe, but what is ACV?

No problems greeniris. Glad to lend a supportive shoulder whenever possible. Your journey is certainly one I share, and am having my own struggles with. While I'm still losing, it's very slow. I'm getting tired of packet eating and starting to feel like I need more 'real food' again. I may well merge over to Phase2 soon and see if I can lose the remainder that way. We'll see what this month brings...

ACV = apple cider vinegar. The organic type found in health food stores which contains the 'mother' of the apples is best for overall health purposes, but for this recipe the regular grocery store variety would suffice I think, especially as it's simmering for so long.

----------------------

Good morning to everyone! Hope you all have a good day.

I was wondering around 3pm yesterday why I felt so tired and sluggish. And then it hit me... I had a heavy carb meal for lunch, as I (sort of accidentally) concentrated all 4 servings of veggies during lunch, getting carried away a bit with the red cabbage dish. Cabbage is heavier on the carb content, so I really had a much heavier lunch carb intake than I'm used to. I felt like I used to after eating a burger and fries for lunch. Heavy eyed, tired, and sluggish. Lesson learned.

Last edited by evepet; 02-07-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #214  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone! Been lurking for a while, but wanted to share my good news! At my WI on Tuesday I lost 2.2 (a big loss for me at this point) and hit my 70 pound mark!! Since I've moved my goal down to 125 (originally 135) I still have about 7 to lose, but I'm getting really close. I could phase off now, but I want to be down one more size and I want to have a little cushion. VERY EXCITED about the 70 pound mark. I'll post some new pictures in new clothes as soon as I kick this flu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I was talking to some friends about cravings or lack of control over some foods. One of my friends had seen a TV show (some talk show I guess) where they were saying that you need to bring what you love/have little control over into the bounds of something you can control.
Not sure I could find too much that I don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbf View Post
Great weigh in this week - down 20 lbs., -10 inches in 5 weeks! That was Monday. Now I'm down 22 lbs.
I leave for a trip tomorrow. Wish me luck staying on program. I really don't think it's going to be a problem. ...In my neck of the woods, it's Mardi Gras time! So, happy Mardi Gras to all of you. Maezy (Kathie) knows what it's like down here this time of year. NO KING CAKE. It's awfully tempting. So, I'm making it all about the beads!
Great job, Karen!!!! 22 in 5 weeks! Wow!! Yes, it's Mardi Gras time here in Louisiana! No King Cake this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning everyone! Last night VIP & I discussed me going back to P1 for a month. Seems like almost overnight I've put on another 5 lbs over where I had been for several weeks. ... Wish me luck!
Greeniris, of course you can do this! It's great to catch it at 5 pounds. I'm going to (finally) buy a scale when I get to maintenance so I can do the same. I'll be keeping your mom in the light today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpenny View Post
Am so thrilled with reading the forums and everyone's sharings about being successful on the program. Really revs me up. Started the program at the beginning of January and have lost about 15 pounds. Hooray! Love Ideal Protein.
Wow, Girlpenny!! 15 pounds since the beginning of January! That's great! Keep going!

Have a great day, everyone!!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #215  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Bumping up to the first page.

In the last two days I've gotten a lot of "I like your hair" (hair is overdue for color & cut), "You look great", "You've lost a lot of weight", "You've lost weight" and interest from at least three people in doing whatever I'm doing. I'm not even going to be offended by "a lot of", because my response is "Yes I have!" or "Thank you!" and a big smile.

I'm right at the cusp of "Normal Weight". Depends on my self weigh-in tomorrow as Friday is my "official to me" weigh in day.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #216  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
No problems greeniris. Glad to lend a supportive shoulder whenever possible. Your journey is certainly one I share, and am having my own struggles with. While I'm still losing, it's very slow. I'm getting tired of packet eating and starting to feel like I need more 'real food' again. I may well merge over to Phase2 soon and see if I can lose the remainder that way. We'll see what this month brings...
evepet, I read this and couldn't agree more. I have been on this a few months longer than you have and still have a few more months to go. It's so slow. This last 20-ish pounds will take me to the summer time I'm afraid. I have been evaluating where I'm at and my current goal and realize I should drop my goal another 10 pounds. I could easily live with the size I am now, but psychologically would like to get closer to a normal weight BMI, plus get rid of a bit more flab. BUT, I am really burning out on the same program day after day. I know it won't change much in the future maintenance world, though. I've been lurking on the Maintainer's thread for a while now and know my susceptibility to gain just breathing food and what that means. Just at a tough point right now.

Thanks for listening all.

Molly
Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #217  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Food cravings - don't really have them any more. At first I definitely craved pizza but now I don't. I am very comfortable with Phase 1. How this will work out for me when more carbs are added back in, I have no idea. I'm kind of hoping that it takes a long time for me to reach my goals.

Loose skin - I saw on Good Morning America or one of those shows that they now have non-invasive laser processes that can tighten things up somewhat. Today I was having part 2 of my root canal (went fine, btw), and in the endodonist's office I saw an ad in "Your Health" magazine for a dermatologist here that does it. I think I am going to check it out! They have complimentary consultations. They show before and after pictures where that "crepey" stuff is tightened right up. VenusFreezeDC.com

Last, I have modified my chicken curry soup recipe to make it into a "one pot" meal. Cut up not quite 2 cups of rutabagus in cubes, quarter a chicken breast, slice a leek, slide a stalk of celery and place in a Dutch oven with a little more water than what it takes to cover. Add 2tsp. curry powder, 1tsp rosemary, salt and pepper. Boil for at least a half an hour. Remove chicken and cut into smaller pieces. While the chicken is out of the pot, mash the rutabagus roughly with a potato masher. Add the chicken back in and add a little more water if needed. Heat to the temperature you like to eat soup at. Put in a bowl and top with sliced green onion and sea salt. DELISH!

OH I GOT A RAISE TODAY! VERY EXCITING! : )
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #218  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Everyone! Been lurking for a while, but wanted to share my good news! At my WI on Tuesday I lost 2.2 (a big loss for me at this point) and hit my 70 pound mark!! Since I've moved my goal down to 125 (originally 135) I still have about 7 to lose, but I'm getting really close. I could phase off now, but I want to be down one more size and I want to have a little cushion. VERY EXCITED about the 70 pound mark. I'll post some new pictures in new clothes as soon as I kick this flu.

Not sure I could find too much that I don't like.

Great job, Karen!!!! 22 in 5 weeks! Wow!! Yes, it's Mardi Gras time here in Louisiana! No King Cake this year.

Greeniris, of course you can do this! It's great to catch it at 5 pounds. I'm going to (finally) buy a scale when I get to maintenance so I can do the same. I'll be keeping your mom in the light today.

Wow, Girlpenny!! 15 pounds since the beginning of January! That's great! Keep going!

Have a great day, everyone!!!!!
You're doing great Joysh! I'm looking forward to seeing your new pictures, with your new clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Bumping up to the first page.

In the last two days I've gotten a lot of "I like your hair" (hair is overdue for color & cut), "You look great", "You've lost a lot of weight", "You've lost weight" and interest from at least three people in doing whatever I'm doing. I'm not even going to be offended by "a lot of", because my response is "Yes I have!" or "Thank you!" and a big smile.

I'm right at the cusp of "Normal Weight". Depends on my self weigh-in tomorrow as Friday is my "official to me" weigh in day.
Good luck tomorrow with the WI! I'm right at the cusp of 'normal weight' re my BMI too... at my age the upper limit is 25. I'm at 25.4. I'm wondering whether another -2 lbs will give me a 25......

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
evepet, I read this and couldn't agree more. I have been on this a few months longer than you have and still have a few more months to go. It's so slow. This last 20-ish pounds will take me to the summer time I'm afraid. I have been evaluating where I'm at and my current goal and realize I should drop my goal another 10 pounds. I could easily live with the size I am now, but psychologically would like to get closer to a normal weight BMI, plus get rid of a bit more flab. BUT, I am really burning out on the same program day after day. I know it won't change much in the future maintenance world, though. I've been lurking on the Maintainer's thread for a while now and know my susceptibility to gain just breathing food and what that means. Just at a tough point right now.

Thanks for listening all.

Molly
When I get frustrated, I can't help but think of folks like you who have been on this longer still than I have. I'm thinking I may go on a P2 style eating program for a while, just for a change of pace. At least I won't be doing anything too 'crazy' in making that slight adjustment. I'm going to start soon making my own soups. Making veggie purees in a low sodium bouillion broth, and adding unflavored protein powder along with spices and some cornstarch to thicken them up. I made a broccoli one about a week ago (without added protein) that was really quite tasty. I like the convenience of the packet soups, but dislike the sodium levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Food cravings - don't really have them any more. At first I definitely craved pizza but now I don't. I am very comfortable with Phase 1. How this will work out for me when more carbs are added back in, I have no idea. I'm kind of hoping that it takes a long time for me to reach my goals.

Loose skin - I saw on Good Morning America or one of those shows that they now have non-invasive laser processes that can tighten things up somewhat. Today I was having part 2 of my root canal (went fine, btw), and in the endodonist's office I saw an ad in "Your Health" magazine for a dermatologist here that does it. I think I am going to check it out! They have complimentary consultations. They show before and after pictures where that "crepey" stuff is tightened right up. VenusFreezeDC.com

Last, I have modified my chicken curry soup recipe to make it into a "one pot" meal. Cut up not quite 2 cups of rutabagus in cubes, quarter a chicken breast, slice a leek, slide a stalk of celery and place in a Dutch oven with a little more water than what it takes to cover. Add 2tsp. curry powder, 1tsp rosemary, salt and pepper. Boil for at least a half an hour. Remove chicken and cut into smaller pieces. While the chicken is out of the pot, mash the rutabagus roughly with a potato masher. Add the chicken back in and add a little more water if needed. Heat to the temperature you like to eat soup at. Put in a bowl and top with sliced green onion and sea salt. DELISH!

Interesting - about the laser treatments. I think I saw something similiar on a show lately. I also like the idea of your chicken curry soup (I've grown to love curry). Will definitely try it out soon. Congrats on your raise! That is exciting!

Last edited by evepet; 02-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #219  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:

your soup recipe sounds delish!!! and yeah on the raise!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #220  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hey ladies...happy to report that week 2 of maintenance brought a 1 pound loss. no exercises this week either, am trying this approach of maintenance for 3 weeks, and then adding in weight training. so looking forward to that after next week. hopefully another week of maintaining is ahead of me. i'm kind of doing my own thing, doing a little reading about south beach dieting, trying to add whole foods and some fruits but not many, not many, still scared about those high carb fruits!! its all an experiment after all!! haha

hope everyone is plugging along and doing great!!

much love
susan
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #221  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hey ladies...happy to report that week 2 of maintenance brought a 1 pound loss.
WAY TO GO!! Or should I say WAY to WEIGH, LOL!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Thanks for listening all

I know Molly, we can do this, my loss is slow slow but part of it is my fault, there are a few things that I just do, like a little parm. Cheese on my vegetables and too many vegetables, and a tiny bit of whip cream on my jello even if it only adds about 5/6 carbs a day it has kept me happy and hasent thrown me out of ketosis so to me it's worth the extra time it's going to take, today was WI and down 1 lb, so now I've lost 65 lbs, 21 to go. Yea!

Molly
Quote:

Yea a raise!

Quote:
hey ladies...happy to report that week 2 of maintenance brought a 1 pound loss. no exercises this week either, am trying this approach of maintenance for 3 weeks, and then adding in weight training. so looking forward to that after next week. hopefully another week of maintaining is ahead of me. i'm kind of doing my own thing, doing a little reading about south beach dieting, trying to add whole foods and some fruits but not many, not many, still scared about those high carb fruits!! its all an experiment after all!! haha

much love
susan
Hi rainbow can't wait to here how your experiment goes, good luck!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #223  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

much love
susan
Hooray! Glad to hear from you Susan. I am starting to get nervous about maintenance,you are so brave - out there doing it. Be sure to let us know how it is going. I've started lurking in the maintenance threads, watching and learning. I figure I have 4 more months or so to go, and I need to get my mind wrapped around it. Nice to see long time friends posting there though. They aren't real chatty. Just wait till we all get moved over there bwahahaha.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #224  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
I heard that you should imagine that you just saw a roach crawl over the food you know you shouldn't eat. So I would suggest thinking about liver and brownies and ice cream with a couple of fat roaches wiggling around on top!

Last edited by Fishette; 02-07-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #225  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

On a good note....Strike that - on a GREAT WONDERFUL Fantabulous note:

Today is my official weigh in morning and I'm at 159.6 pounds. That's exactly the top weight for a healthy BMI at my height. Woo Hoo! I'm at a NORMAL weight.

So I'm down into another decade, the 150's.
I've lost over 50 pounds--over 30 on the IP protocol.
I'm within 5 pounds of my long-term target goal, 155.

When I get to 155, I'll probably move my goal down another 10 pounds. We'll see. That's for a future celebration.

Last edited by WebRover; 02-08-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Closed Thread