Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #256  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, all.

We weren't on page two, but no one posted last night at all. Shame on us.

Hope all in the blizzard (both in the northeast and the latest in the Midwest) have fared well. We are getting rain here in the south. 1 1/2" in just 12 hours. Flash flood warnings. I have PT this morning, so we'll see how the creeks are doing.

WI this weekend was down 1.6. I'll take that after the .2 gain last week. Preparing for a long weekend in Pensacola, FL for a Corvair event. Have already scoped out and found a Subway 2 blocks away from the hotel. Read that the room has a frig and microwave. I should be set as the food and snacks there are always horrible. We generally don't even go to the banquet as it costs a lot and generally there isn't even a decent salad to eat.

Hope everyone has a great day even though it is a Monday. Being retired, everyday is the weekend.

Molly
Old 02-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #257  

WINGNUT wish I were in Pensacola!!!! I love the gulf area! We vacation in Orange Beach, Alabama every summer. We can walk to the florida state line!

BIG BIG news today!!! Went for my WI and hadn't been in a few weeks. Finally got up the nerve to switch coaches and I am so glad that I did. I woke up and stepped on the scale and I am NO LONGER CLASSIFIED AS OBESE!!! I am now just overweight! Never thought I would be this happy about being overweight!!!!
So then I go to my WI. I had been following Wuv's command and staying off of the scale. Well I have lost 4.6 lbs A WEEK for the last 2 weeks!! !WHAT??? MEEE??? My total inches off are 26.5. I would say that this will be a GREAT DAY!!!!
I have to thank ALL OF YOU!!! I have never succeeded on a diet before and now with this very upbeat and supportive group of people who I have come to think of as an extended family I am doing it! Yes I did it but each and every one of you are to take part of the credit as well!
Onto onederland and then goal weight!!!! Gonna celebrate with a drink....of water!!!!

Last edited by maezy1; 02-11-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 168/161/145

Height: 5'3"

Starting over after the holidays + . I lost 13# before t'giving and have gained it all back+more! I can't seem to make it through a full day on IP....cravings take over. On the plus side I have started exercising! Wish me luck!

Last edited by 320dhart; 02-11-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Adding
Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 168/161/145

Height: 5'3"

Also, I have not seen a coach since before t' giving since I was gearing up for 2 new grandchildren and knew I would be traveling. I haven't heard from her Should I expect to? It seems that they would check up on those who don't make it back......
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #260  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320dhart View Post
Also, I have not seen a coach since before t' giving since I was gearing up for 2 new grandchildren and knew I would be traveling. I haven't heard from her Should I expect to? It seems that they would check up on those who don't make it back......
You would think that they would check back with you. It's a business and they want success. Don't feel bad though. Mine never checks on me so I just changed coaches
Call and make an appt. You can get by the cravings!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #261  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
BIG BIG news today!!! Went for my WI and hadn't been in a few weeks. Finally got up the nerve to switch coaches and I am so glad that I did. I woke up and stepped on the scale and I am NO LONGER CLASSIFIED AS OBESE!!! I am now just overweight! Never thought I would be this happy about being overweight!!!!
So then I go to my WI. I had been following Wuv's command and staying off of the scale. Well I have lost 4.6 lbs A WEEK for the last 2 weeks!! !WHAT??? MEEE??? My total inches off are 26.5. I would say that this will be a GREAT DAY!!!!
I have to thank ALL OF YOU!!! I have never succeeded on a diet before and now with this very upbeat and supportive group of people who I have come to think of as an extended family I am doing it! Yes I did it but each and every one of you are to take part of the credit as well!
Onto onederland and then goal weight!!!! Gonna celebrate with a drink....of water!!!!
Congrats Maezy!
I have 20 more lbs to go before I can celebrate that milestone! I'll be dancing when it happens, just like you!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSCW View Post
I'm new. this is my 2nd week. I loss 2.1 pounds the first week. My coach told me I was measuring my veggie wrong which made me eat more. Okay I'm hanging in there but still so disappointed that I haven't lost more.
MLSCW,

You are doing well! As the others said, your body will give up the weight when its ready and by summer you will look just amazing. Everyone does - we have 4 months (Feb-May) and so many wonderful physical changes will happen by then. You will be so pleased you did this. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post

Cute NSV. A couple of my neighbor ladies in the building where I live were down in the laundry room yesterday when I entered. They both did a double take when they saw me and said something to the effect of 'OMG - look at you! You look great' and then we had a conversation about how much I'd lost, etc. They have seen me from time to time over the months I've been dieting, but just in passing. I think that the weight loss from about 175lbs to my current 153lbs has produced the most dramatic 'visual' impact as I've finally lost more through the tummy and my waist has gotten more defined. This has happened from about October through to now, and even though they've seen me around in passing during these months, it's been hard to see the weight loss as I've had a winter coat on. Yesterday I just had on 'inside' clothes - a close fitting pair of yoga pants and Tshirt. My newly trim figure was much more obvious. Must say I enjoyed the compliments - it definitely gave me a lift.

Congrats on the NSV! That must feel so good, enjoy it! More of that to come when you rock those sexy, summer clothes
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default slow losses

MLSCW
I'm new. this is my 2nd week. I loss 2.1 pounds the first week. My coach told me I was measuring my veggie wrong which made me eat more. Okay I'm hanging in there but still so disappointed that I haven't lost more.

I too am loosing very slowly...no "whoosh fairy" has visited me as she has for some on this site. I think metabolism issues and age have a lot to do with it in my own case. But no matter...I only lost 2.2 lbs the first week. At this point just 4+ weeks......and my loss per wk averages just under 2.5 lbs. This is faster than my going it alone...I know that. Sticking with it will eventually give me the loss I want. ...however ..... INCHES...I see that dropping more rapidly than the lbs...and my clothes are fitting differently already giving me confidence and motivation. HANG IN!

Last edited by 65X65; 02-11-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #264  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
WI this weekend was down 1.6. I'll take that after the .2 gain last week. Preparing for a long weekend in Pensacola, FL for a Corvair event. Have already scoped out and found a Subway 2 blocks away from the hotel. Read that the room has a frig and microwave. I should be set as the food and snacks there are always horrible. We generally don't even go to the banquet as it costs a lot and generally there isn't even a decent salad to eat.

Hope everyone has a great day even though it is a Monday. Being retired, everyday is the weekend.
Molly
Congratulations! that's terrific on the WI AND on the everyday is a weekend LOL

Quote:
WINGNUT BIG BIG news today!!! Went for my WI and hadn't been in a few weeks. Finally got up the nerve to switch coaches and I am so glad that I did. I woke up and stepped on the scale and I am NO LONGER CLASSIFIED AS OBESE!!! I am now just overweight! Never thought I would be this happy about being overweight!!!!
I'm grinning here for you Maezy. thats awesome! I can hardly wait for my turn to be in your shoes.

Quote:
Starting over after the holidays + . I lost 13# before t'giving and have gained it all back+more! I can't seem to make it through a full day on IP....cravings take over. On the plus side I have started exercising! Wish me luck!
Great to have you with us 320dhart. Be careful and take exercise slow at first. I think they want us to hold off until we adjust to the diet some (3 weeks as I recall). Can't wait to hear of your successes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Congrats Maezy!
I have 20 more lbs to go before I can celebrate that milestone! I'll be dancing when it happens, just like you!
Oh wow! I'm 20 lbs out from that milestone too. I hadn't thought about it till now. You are rocking this program Lisa - even with the stuff thrown in your path - you are just moving along.

I weigh daily (not for the faint of heart - if ups on the scale bother you - just weigh weekly). Anyway - saw a 3 lb up the other day, but it's settled back down. Funny how that happens. Do I blame the kale chips with probably extra salt? nooooooo... how about the soup with the salty goodness (can you tell I'm enjoying salt these days)? Not those pickles.. no no no..I'm gonna blame the scale! hahahaha

Had a nice visit with my sister and mom this weekend. I made them kale chips and they really liked them. Mom's going to plant more kale this summer for kale chips now :-)
Old 02-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #265  

HALFAGAIN I will be celebrating with you when you reach the goal!!! thanks for the well wishes
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #266  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
WINGNUT wish I were in Pensacola!!!! I love the gulf area! We vacation in Orange Beach, Alabama every summer. We can walk to the florida state line!

Congrats Maezy!
Quote:
Hang in there! You can do it!

Quote:
Seems like if they were going to call, they'd have done it by now? Seems a rather lax approach to me.... but I suspect the onus is on you to make contact at this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
MLSCW,

Congrats on the NSV! That must feel so good, enjoy it! More of that to come when you rock those sexy, summer clothes
Thanks! I did feel good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
MLSCW

I too am loosing very slowly...no "whoosh fairy" has visited me as she has for some on this site. I think metabolism issues and age have a lot to do with it in my own case. But no matter...I only lost 2.2 lbs the first week. At this point just 4+ weeks......and my loss per wk averages just under 2.5 lbs. This is faster than my going it alone...I know that. Sticking with it will eventually give me the loss I want. ...however ..... INCHES...I see that dropping more rapidly than the lbs...and my clothes are fitting differently already giving me confidence and motivation. HANG IN!
Just hang in there and stay OP. It all adds up eventually. As you've also noticed, some weeks you see more change inch-wise than weight-loss-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Oh wow! I'm 20 lbs out from that milestone too. I hadn't thought about it till now. You are rocking this program Lisa - even with the stuff thrown in your path - you are just moving along.

Had a nice visit with my sister and mom this weekend. I made them kale chips and they really liked them. Mom's going to plant more kale this summer for kale chips now :-)
Hey, great that you're also so close to that milestone. Glad that your mom and sis enjoyed the kale chips. It's nice that your mom is going to plant more this summer - nothing like having a ready supply.

----------------

Hi everyone. Just want to say 'Hi!' to you all. It's a pretty typical day here, nothing out of the ordinary going on. Just hanging in and doing the usual.

Hope you are all having a good day. Cheers.

Last edited by evepet; 02-11-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning, all.

We weren't on page two, but no one posted last night at all. Shame on us.

Hope all in the blizzard (both in the northeast and the latest in the Midwest) have fared well. We are getting rain here in the south. 1 1/2" in just 12 hours. Flash flood warnings. I have PT this morning, so we'll see how the creeks are doing.

Molly
Good girl Molly, yea another 1.6 gone! And you deserve all your days off in retirement enjoy your trip?

Quote:

Awesome losses maezy1, and I just love our extended family too, keep up the great job.

Quote:
Hello320dhart, welcome! This is a great place to come for encouragement and info.and GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
MLSCW

Hey now those are some great losses! You should be very proud of yourself so far and congrats on the inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Congratulations! that's terrific on the WI AND on the everyday is a weekend LOL

I'm grinning here for you Maezy. thats awesome! I can hardly wait for my turn to be in your shoes.

Great to have you with us 320dhart. Be careful and take exercise slow at first. I think they want us to hold off until we adjust to the diet some (3 weeks as I recall). Can't wait to hear of your successes!

I weigh daily (not for the faint of heart - if ups on the scale bother you - just weigh weekly). Anyway - saw a 3 lb up the other day, but it's settled back down. Funny how that happens. Do I blame the kale chips with probably extra salt? nooooooo... how about the soup with the salty goodness (can you tell I'm enjoying salt these days)? Not those pickles.. no no no..I'm gonna blame the scale! hahahaha

Hi Halfagain your wonderful!! Glad you had a nice visit with your mom and sister.

Hi everpet your wonderful too!

Hi Lisa, so are you!

Hi greeniris can't forget you!

And everyone else! Love ya bunches!!! Teena
Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #268  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
I recall there was a clause in the contract that said they would not call to check up on you if you just stopped coming in. I think that may absolve them of responsibility for keeping the sign-up fee if you don't come back. Just my opinion though.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #269  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Greetings all. Congrats on new coach, weight loss, & NSVs. Every week with any loss is a great week. Or for those who are maintaining, congrats.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #270  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

CONGRATULATIONS MAEZY on your non-obesity! I cannot imagine how that feels, you must be so happy!

Also congratulations to all the great WIs this week! I had a good week as well, lost 4.0 pounds - which I think is amazing, seeing as I have been on this diet roughly 5.5 months! What other diet do you get that kind of weight loss after all that time??

I tried the dark chocolate/WF Caramel sauce/sea salt combo that I frequently see listed by others in the 'What are you eating, Ipeeps?" thread - that is a great way to use up chocolate pudding!

I totally scored in the trade-in basket again this week. First, I traded an unopened box of Chocolate PB bar for an unopened box of Peanut Butter crunch bar, woo hoo! Then snagged pancake mix, chocolate pancake mix, chicken potage, peach mango drink (multiples of each, I traded 11 packets.) What a great way to switch things up!

Feeling very happy with life right about now! Sending all kinds of positivity your way! : )
Closed Thread