Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #271  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
CONGRATULATIONS MAEZY on your non-obesity! I cannot imagine how that feels, you must be so happy!

Also congratulations to all the great WIs this week! I had a good week as well, lost 4.0 pounds - which I think is amazing, seeing as I have been on this diet roughly 5.5 months! What other diet do you get that kind of weight loss after all that time??

I tried the dark chocolate/WF Caramel sauce/sea salt combo that I frequently see listed by others in the 'What are you eating, Ipeeps?" thread - that is a great way to use up chocolate pudding!

I totally scored in the trade-in basket again this week. First, I traded an unopened box of Chocolate PB bar for an unopened box of Peanut Butter crunch bar, woo hoo! Then snagged pancake mix, chocolate pancake mix, chicken potage, peach mango drink (multiples of each, I traded 11 packets.) What a great way to switch things up!

Feeling very happy with life right about now! Sending all kinds of positivity your way! : )
Congrats! -4 lbs after being on the diet for 5.5 months is fantastic!
You have such good luck with the trade-in basket.
-----

Hello to everyone. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #272  
Becky

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to report that I am starting my 6 week and have lost 15 lbs slower loss than last time but 14.5 inches so it really isn't all about the scale says I guess.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #273  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
WINGNUT BIG BIG news today!!! Went for my WI and hadn't been in a few weeks. Finally got up the nerve to switch coaches and I am so glad that I did. I woke up and stepped on the scale and I am NO LONGER CLASSIFIED AS OBESE!!! I am now just overweight! Never thought I would be this happy about being overweight!!!!
So then I go to my WI. I had been following Wuv's command and staying off of the scale. Well I have lost 4.6 lbs A WEEK for the last 2 weeks!! !WHAT??? MEEE??? My total inches off are 26.5. I would say that this will be a GREAT DAY!!!!
I have to thank ALL OF YOU!!! I have never succeeded on a diet before and now with this very upbeat and supportive group of people who I have come to think of as an extended family I am doing it! Yes I did it but each and every one of you are to take part of the credit as well!
Onto onederland and then goal weight!!!! Gonna celebrate with a drink....of water!!!!
Congratulations Maezy!!! Fantastic losses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320dhart View Post
Starting over after the holidays + . I lost 13# before t'giving and have gained it all back+more! I can't seem to make it through a full day on IP....cravings take over. On the plus side I have started exercising! Wish me luck!
Welcome 320dhart! You'll get back to where you want to be soon. I completely understand about the cravings...have been struggling with them myself since the holidays (Does the 320 in your name refer to your birthday? If so, we share that date!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjwebb View Post
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to report that I am starting my 6 week and have lost 15 lbs slower loss than last time but 14.5 inches so it really isn't all about the scale says I guess.
Hi Becky - Welcome back! No, those inches lost are terrific!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #274  
began IP May 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hope all in the blizzard (both in the northeast and the latest in the Midwest) have fared well. We are getting rain here in the south. 1 1/2" in just 12 hours. Flash flood warnings. I have PT this morning, so we'll see how the creeks are doing.

WI this weekend was down 1.6. I'll take that after the .2 gain last week. Preparing for a long weekend in Pensacola, FL for a Corvair event. Have already scoped out and found a Subway 2 blocks away from the hotel. Read that the room has a frig and microwave. I should be set as the food and snacks there are always horrible. We generally don't even go to the banquet as it costs a lot and generally there isn't even a decent salad to eat.

Hope everyone has a great day even though it is a Monday. Being retired, everyday is the weekend.
Molly
Hi Molly - roads up here have been nasty since Sunday. Great WI! It is kind of up/down towards the end...
Enjoy your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I too am loosing very slowly...no "whoosh fairy" has visited me as she has for some on this site. I think metabolism issues and age have a lot to do with it in my own case. But no matter...I only lost 2.2 lbs the first week. At this point just 4+ weeks......and my loss per wk averages just under 2.5 lbs. This is faster than my going it alone...I know that. Sticking with it will eventually give me the loss I want. ...however ..... INCHES...I see that dropping more rapidly than the lbs...and my clothes are fitting differently already giving me confidence and motivation. HANG IN!
That darn whoosh fairy is one fickle woman! LOL Hang in there 65 - you're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hi Halfagain your wonderful!! Glad you had a nice visit with your mom and sister.
Hi everpet your wonderful too!
Hi Lisa, so are you!
Hi greeniris can't forget you!
And everyone else! Love ya bunches!!! Teena
LOL Teena - you're silly! Hi right back at ya! I can't forget you either gf

Stayed home from work today; thought I had the stomach flu like VIP did over the weekend, but that's not it. VIP wondered if I was getting into ketosis, so I called my coach. The things I'm experiencing today are very different from the first time around for me. Light-headed (almost passed out twice), heart burn, headache, nauseaus...ugh. She said these could be from going into Ketosis, but could also be flu. She also said to be sure to eat 4 packets a day for a few days. Either way, I've spent most of the day on the couch. Sure hope it's better tomorrow...

Have a good night all!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #275  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:

Hi Halfagain your wonderful!! Glad you had a nice visit with your mom and sister.

Hi everpet your wonderful too!

Hi Lisa, so are you!

Hi greeniris can't forget you!

And everyone else! Love ya bunches!!! Teena
A big 'Hi!' right back atcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I recall there was a clause in the contract that said they would not call to check up on you if you just stopped coming in. I think that may absolve them of responsibility for keeping the sign-up fee if you don't come back. Just my opinion though.
Shows how much I remember of that contract I signed!

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
Absolutely! It is NOT all about lost pounds. Congrats on the -14.5inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Hi Molly - roads up here have been nasty since Sunday. Great WI! It is kind of up/down towards the end...
Enjoy your trip!

Stayed home from work today; thought I had the stomach flu like VIP did over the weekend, but that's not it. VIP wondered if I was getting into ketosis, so I called my coach. The things I'm experiencing today are very different from the first time around for me. Light-headed (almost passed out twice), heart burn, headache, nauseaus...ugh. She said these could be from going into Ketosis, but could also be flu. She also said to be sure to eat 4 packets a day for a few days. Either way, I've spent most of the day on the couch. Sure hope it's better tomorrow...

Have a good night all!
Roads (and sidewalks) around my area have been pretty bad too. I try to walk on my errands as much as possible as I live fairly close to the downtown core of my city, and felt like I was constantly climbing over or wading through little 'mini mountains' of snow!

So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I hope that it IS the symptoms of ketosis showing up - at least they would typically be shorter-lasting than the flu. Take good care.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #276  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Just a quick note to discuss my dinner, LOL! It being Fat Tuesday and all, I made a chocolate pancake for dinner. I spread it with the WF Peanut butter and then added the syrup and ate it rolled up like a crepe. Very good!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #277  

YES!!! Mardi Gras is over for 2013!!!!! I was ready to start throwing king cakes at people!!! Yes, I am tired of all the sweets, not tempted by them but just the overload. I work in a Catholic school so no more sweets until April!
Waiting to hit Onederland and to get those cowboy boots!!! Going to try on lower size jeans today!!!!

Have a happy IP day everyone!

Last edited by maezy1; 02-13-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
YES!!! Mardi Gras is over for 2013!!!!! I was ready to start throwing king cakes at people!!! Yes, I am tired of all the sweets, not tempted by them but just the overload. I work in a Catholic school so no more sweets until April!
Waiting to hit Onederland and to get those cowboy boots!!! Going to try on lower size jeans today!!!!

Yea maezy, can't wait to see your new boots!

Quote:
Just a quick note to discuss my dinner, LOL! It being Fat Tuesday and all, I made a chocolate pancake for dinner. I spread it with the WF Peanut butter and then added the syrup and ate it rolled up like a crepe. Very good!
That sounds like something I would really eat up! Never had the wf peanut butter, but I love pb2 peanut butter but it adds 2 carbs. But so good in Chrissy cereal.

Hope you fee better greeniris.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #279  
began IP May 25

Feeling a bit better today - just exhausted for no reason. Eating Cream of Chicken soup with a little puree and a little "Dirty Rice" in it, and a side salad with evoo. Hope I can finish it all.

Maezy - hope the smaller jeans fit! You're almost to ONDERLAND!!!!

Alison - your pancake sounds great - I might have to try something like it.

Evepet - be really careful walking in this stuff! We don't want you to get hurt...
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #280  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
That sounds tasty! I know it's not strictly OP, but wonder if I could get away with putting some unsweetened cocoa powder in with my regular pancake/waffle mix?

Quote:

Yay, no more king cake tempation! I was looking at the picture posted of one, and they do sound very yummy.

Quote:
Yea maezy, can't wait to see your new boots!

That sounds like something I would really eat up! Never had the wf peanut butter, but I love pb2 peanut butter but it adds 2 carbs. But so good in Chrissy cereal.

Hope you fee better greeniris.
OK - since you're brave enough to 'come clean' - I'll admit to sneaking an occasional bit of pb2 as well.

Quote:
Feeling a bit better today - just exhausted for no reason. Eating Cream of Chicken soup with a little puree and a little "Dirty Rice" in it, and a side salad with evoo. Hope I can finish it all.

Maezy - hope the smaller jeans fit! You're almost to ONDERLAND!!!!

Alison - your pancake sounds great - I might have to try something like it.

Evepet - be really careful walking in this stuff! We don't want you to get hurt...
Glad you're feeling somewhat better today.
I couldn't help but think as I was climbing up and down all those snowbanks, that it sure is a lot easier now that I'm -57 lbs lighter!! I would have been seriously knackered a year ago. As it was I was feeling quite spry, and rather pleased with my agility. LOL. My main concern was possibly 'skidding' down the far side of the snow bank and not being able to stop there quickly. I envisionned myself ending up arse-down in a snow bank.
----------------------

Hello everyone! Hope you're all having a good day. Nothing in particular to report, everything is pretty much 'as usual'. Just wanted to pop in and say 'Hi!' to everyone.

Last edited by evepet; 02-13-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #281  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Turns out my coach is actually a nutritionist...and like me she doesn't like the unhealthy stuff that is bundled with the IP products. She knows IP works to lose weight (as do I) but also believes that I can phase off the way I want and continue to lose weight. She will work with me on my eating plan. I originally said I would remain on IP for 3 months and one more week and I am THERE! Fundamentally because I added gym exercise a month ago, I have been on phase 2, so one more week of what I am doing and I am going to phase 3 for 2 weeks and by March 1st I will be eating my new plan. I will find the way to post my ultimate eating plan that she and I produce and update you all about progress. So, as of March 1st I will begin posting in the maintenance thread, even though technically I intend to continue to lose, I expect it to be much more gradual.

I want to extend a thanks to so many of you for the information and encouragement you provide thru these forums, but if I named people this post would go on and on...so to those of you who encourage and congratulate others frequently, a heart felt thank you. And to those of you that are IP gurus, thank you (I needed that info without haveing to spend the time to figure it out!)

I am feeling and looking so much better, it is adding to my life in ways I can barely explain. Wooo FRICKIN hooo!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #282  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedit View Post
Turns out my coach is actually a nutritionist...and like me she doesn't like the unhealthy stuff that is bundled with the IP products. She knows IP works to lose weight (as do I) but also believes that I can phase off the way I want and continue to lose weight. She will work with me on my eating plan. I originally said I would remain on IP for 3 months and one more week and I am THERE! Fundamentally because I added gym exercise a month ago, I have been on phase 2, so one more week of what I am doing and I am going to phase 3 for 2 weeks and by March 1st I will be eating my new plan. I will find the way to post my ultimate eating plan that she and I produce and update you all about progress. So, as of March 1st I will begin posting in the maintenance thread, even though technically I intend to continue to lose, I expect it to be much more gradual.

I want to extend a thanks to so many of you for the information and encouragement you provide thru these forums, but if I named people this post would go on and on...so to those of you who encourage and congratulate others frequently, a heart felt thank you. And to those of you that are IP gurus, thank you (I needed that info without haveing to spend the time to figure it out!)

I am feeling and looking so much better, it is adding to my life in ways I can barely explain. Wooo FRICKIN hooo!
I find this interesting Shedit. I'll be interested in hearing the specifics of what your ongoing eating 'regime' looks like. Good luck with everything!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #283  

Shedit best of luck with the new regime. The head of our program is a nutritionist as well and she did a wonderful plan for me especially because I worked out quite a lot.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #284  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Just made a Cauliflower "rice" salad for a luncheon at work tomorrow.

I ran thawed frozen cauliflower through the largest grater on my food processor, added a little chopped cooked spinach, red, yellow and red diced peppers, 2 shallots diced, garlic and dressed it with EVOO and cider vinegar. I'm letting it marinate overnight. It's nice & colorful.

Two people at work started IP this week (one officially on IP and one doing it with alternative products as I am) after seeing my success so far. That's a good feeling. I've just been getting a lot of positive comments the past two weeks.

Last edited by WebRover; 02-13-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS MAEZY on your non-obesity! I cannot imagine how that feels, you must be so happy!

Also congratulations to all the great WIs this week! I had a good week as well, lost 4.0 pounds - which I think is amazing, seeing as I have been on this diet roughly 5.5 months! What other diet do you get that kind of weight loss after all that time??

I tried the dark chocolate/WF Caramel sauce/sea salt combo that I frequently see listed by others in the 'What are you eating, Ipeeps?" thread - that is a great way to use up chocolate pudding!

I totally scored in the trade-in basket again this week. First, I traded an unopened box of Chocolate PB bar for an unopened box of Peanut Butter crunch bar, woo hoo! Then snagged pancake mix, chocolate pancake mix, chicken potage, peach mango drink (multiples of each, I traded 11 packets.) What a great way to switch things up!

Feeling very happy with life right about now! Sending all kinds of positivity your way! : )
Donn't you just love it when all these great things happen at roughly the same time? Feels magical! Enjoy!

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
The weight is right behind the inches! Congrats on that big change!

Quote:

Have a good night all!
Cindy,
Just wondering if what you have could be the beginning of gerd and maybe it is "micro-gerd". I just learned about it, I appear to have it, not all your symptoms but some. Hmmm, just wondering. I'm taking lansoprole twice a day for it pus Gaviscon before bedtime. Doesn't appear to be hurting my weight loss so far. Just started in the past week.

Quote:
Yum, sounds really good! That would make a nice Valentine's Day dinner too.

Quote:

LOL! I can just see you throwing king cakes! Onederland is right around the corner, good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedit View Post

Congrats on getting to this point! I also look forward to reading about your new plan, TIA for sharing it with us.
Closed Thread