Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #331  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm not doing ANY more harm to my thyroid by feeding my body THAT stuff!
What was the issue with soy and your thyroid? I have very little thyroid function due to 6 months of chemotherapy for Hep C 3 years ago. Take daily medication and try to be liver/thyroid healthy.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #332  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msbehaving View Post
What was the issue with soy and your thyroid? I have very little thyroid function due to 6 months of chemotherapy for Hep C 3 years ago. Take daily medication and try to be liver/thyroid healthy.
Soy is notoriously hard on thyroid function. So is gluten.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Fishette, she's beautiful!!! I remember praying for her!! Grandkids are the best, aren't they?!?!

What a beautiful beach, even though you say you're not a beach person. You're so close and 55 wks OP is a long time, I agree.

Yup, decisions, decisions. But you're so, so close!!!

Congrats on the loss! The fiber festival sounds great!

Part of the following is a repost from the 100% thread, but I also wanted to share with you all that I'm back from my 4 day trip to San Antonio to the music educators convention. This was the first time in many, many years that I did not walk around the exhibit hall eating the candies and chocolates, etc that the companies put out. This was the first time I ate out in SA and felt really, really good afterwards.

I stayed OP the entire time. I had the hotel put a little fridge in my room and kept veggies and pickles there, just in case there were not enough veggies around.

For one meal at a Mexican restaurant on the Riverwalk, I spoke to the manager and he was able to get me grilled veggies without onions. So I had a beautiful plate of just the fajita meat and a mountain of grilled green and red peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms. It was yummy! More on the other thread about the food choices I made on this trip.

I guess I learned a lot about how we can make it work if we don't allow ourselves to even consider going off. I'm so close to my goal I did not want to go off at all. I want to finish in 3 weeks and begin phasing off. I don't want to prolong this, but I want to get to my (new) goal before I begin phasing off.

Of course, the icing on the cake, so to speak (the pepper on the rutabaga???) came in all of the comments I got. Apparently the word got out to my former students and they all came to around to see me. I felt really, really great. Also, I bought a really cool skirt and dress at a little store with clothes from Nepal. One of kind stuff. I never, ever would have been able to fit into these clothes. Last year (pre-IP) I bought a beautiful over-shirt, all batiked and beautiful. It was a one-size-fits-all "butt cover" kind of shirt. Now it's too big for me. I'll take pictures in my new clothes soon.

Have a great week, everyone! And here are some new Feb. pictures!
Hi joysh, sounds like you had a good time and good job on staying OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
My frustrations have been with eating, though I'm now overwhelmed by trying to figure out Phase 3. That's putting me into analysis paralysis.

Had my WI and lost 2.6#. Was surprised at that. I'm now less than 10# from my second goal and over 10# past my first. Without trying, I may not be able to avoid another set of clothes.

After the 55 weeks, I'm finding this is so ingrained in me that I can't easily transition to figure out what to eat that's not P1. Plus, I'm afraid to eat those "foreign" things. Gee, what do strawberries taste like? LOL

And congrats on the clothes "issues." I doubt one size fits all would ever be too big for my large frame. One reason I slow down earlier than most, I'm never what he charts say for my height. Years ago, I lost that much and looked gaunt.

Off to my "what to eat" analysis paralysis.

Molly
Yea Molly 2.6 and I know what you mean- what are we going to eat?

Hanging in there ladies, I almost accidentally had a bite of my sons food but stopped and he said "good job mom, last week you would have done that." Feeling good and thinking about you all, keeps me strong.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #334  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post

Hanging in there ladies, I almost accidentally had a bite of my sons food but stopped and he said "good job mom, last week you would have done that." Feeling good and thinking about you all, keeps me strong.
Knowing that I committed *out loud* here does make me more determined to stick to what I know I'm supposed to be doing and not allow those little 'deviations' to creep in like I had been. I've had a good day and have stayed 100%. I think part of the reason I've not had much temptation today is that I've been preoccupied. I placed a hold at my library for another ebook about how to control/balance hormones, called 'Hormonal Balance: How to Lose Weight by Understanding Your Hormones and Metabolism' by Scott Isaacs, and it became available on Saturday. I've already read one leptin book by Dr. Isaacs, and this one seems to be even a bit more detailed.

Anyway, it's been a good day. And now it's time for bed.

Last edited by evepet; 02-18-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #335  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Joysh - What a beautiful transformation! I bet your former students were amazed and thrilled for you. Great control with your meals. We'll see you in maintenance very soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Awesome NSV's there. The one-size-fits-all being on the too big size is awesome! Your Feb photos look fabulous, congratulations! Looking forward to you modeling the new clothing as well. I'm preparing for a trip soon, nice to hear how you handled it.
Thanks so much, Cindy and Halfagain!

Quote:
After the 55 weeks, I'm finding this is so ingrained in me that I can't easily transition to figure out what to eat that's not P1. Plus, I'm afraid to eat those "foreign" things. Gee, what do strawberries taste like? LOL

And congrats on the clothes "issues." I doubt one size fits all would ever be too big for my large frame.
Strawberries, what are they? lol
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #336  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Just a quick post to show off my new avatar - total of 77 lost, I lost another 2.6 this week! Go team! : )
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Holy Mooley!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Just a quick post to show off my new avatar - total of 77 lost, I lost another 2.6 this week! Go team! : )
Good for you and thanks for the inspiration! I have lost almost 15 lbs now in less than 6 weeks. Its a long road for me yet...but you are a real example to us who still have a way to go. I hope to lose about 77 lbs all together.....and your numbers are worth cheering about!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #338  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
My frustrations have been with eating, though I'm now overwhelmed by trying to figure out Phase 3. That's putting me into analysis paralysis.

Had my WI and lost 2.6#. Was surprised at that. I'm now less than 10# from my second goal and over 10# past my first. Without trying, I may not be able to avoid another set of clothes.

And congrats on the clothes "issues." I doubt one size fits all would ever be too big for my large frame. One reason I slow down earlier than most, I'm never what he charts say for my height. Years ago, I lost that much and looked gaunt.

Off to my "what to eat" analysis paralysis.

Molly
Congratulations on the 2.6 loss! Sounds like new clothes will be in your future again Don't overanalyze. Deep breaths my friend, let them out slowly... LizRR has an awesome thread on P3 breakfasts. I LOVE the Peachy Bread Pudding recipe she came up with. Make a triple batch when I make it so have 3 breakfasts all ready to go. (Still want to try the different French Toast combinations she came up with, but haven't taken the time yet.) And strawberries - have had them on my Kashi Heart Smart cereal the last 2 mornings! Banana smoothies are good too, though will appreciate them better when it gets warmer out. And I have 2 oz of Turkey sausage with most breakfasts for my protein.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Good for you and thanks for the inspiration! I have lost almost 15 lbs now in less than 6 weeks. Its a long road for me yet...but you are a real example to us who still have a way to go. I hope to lose about 77 lbs all together.....and your numbers are worth cheering about!
Congratulations Alison & 65x65! You're both doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
I know what you mean- what are we going to eat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Knowing that I committed *out loud* here does make me more determined to stick to what I know I'm supposed to be doing and not allow those little 'deviations' to creep in like I had been. I've had a good day and have stayed 100%. I think part of the reason I've not had much temptation today is that I've been preoccupied. I placed a hold at my library for another ebook about how to control/balance hormones, called 'Hormonal Balance: How to Lose Weight by Understanding Your Hormones and Metabolism' by Scott Isaacs, and it became available on Saturday. I've already read one leptin book by Dr. Isaacs, and this one seems to be even a bit more detailed.

If anyone will be successful at "re-committing", it will be you two, Teena & Evepet! The finish line is in sight!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #339  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Hi everyone,
Not sure where this belongs but I’ll start here on the 50+ thread. I’ve been in maintenance for about 3 months and have been slowing putting together a new wardrobe. Since losing weight I have found it hard to identify my style and what is currently fashionable and appropriate for me (at 60+). I have turned to the following sites for some inspiration. Hope some of you will find these helpful too!
http://fiftynotfrumpy.blogspot.com/
http://www.puttingmetogether.com/
http://theviviennefiles.blogspot.com/
http://outfitposts.blogspot.com/
Old 02-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #340  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, how did we get on Page 2?

What made me think donating blood would be a good idea on Phase 1. I've felt lightheaded and yucky all day since.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:

Good job everpet, yes knowing I said it does help- a lot. I'm looking forward to my WI this week. And thank you for the links on the paleo books, I've been reading one and it is very informative.

Quote:
NICE! AlisonS, 2.6 is a great loss, keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Congratulations on the 2.6 loss! Sounds like new clothes will be in your future again Don't overanalyze. Deep breaths my friend, let them out slowly... LizRR has an awesome thread on P3 breakfasts. I LOVE the Peachy Bread Pudding recipe she came up with. Make a triple batch when I make it so have 3 breakfasts all ready to go. (Still want to try the different French Toast combinations she came up with, but haven't taken the time yet.) And strawberries - have had them on my Kashi Heart Smart cereal the last 2 mornings! Banana smoothies are good too, though will appreciate them better when it gets warmer out. And I have 2 oz of Turkey sausage with most breakfasts for my protein.

Congratulations Alison & 65x65! You're both doing great!

If anyone will be successful at "re-committing", it will be you two, Teena & Evepet! The finish line is in sight!
Thank you for the words of encouragement greeniris. And the breakfasts you describes sound so good, can't wait!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #342  
Started IP 3/26/12

Hi everyone. Hope you all have had a good day.

Another day 100%. Started thinking about 'straying' tonight after dinner, but talked myself out of it and settled for a couple of cups of hot tea. The moment passed.The only thing that I see as being at all 'off' today is that I may have had a bit too much caffeine today. The decaf Earl Grey that I usually buy was out of stock when I was doing my grocery shopping on the weekend, and I have only caffeinated left. I've drank LOTS of water today to make up for it, but may still be slightly under where I should be to compensate for the caffeine.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #343  
Started IP 3/26/12

Good Morning everyone!

I was going to wait and weigh myself later in the week - but I was feeling slimmer this am and decided to hop on the scales. I'm down a lb! Woo-hoo!

I'm still at a BMI of 25.2 and would like to get that under 25 before I phase out.

My order from thelowcarbgrocery came this am so I had the HI-Lo Vanilla Almond cereal for breakfast. Very good. Almost too sweet for me though - I really notice sweetness now.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Last edited by evepet; 02-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #344  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!

I was going to wait and weigh myself later in the week - but I was feeling slimmer this am and decided to hop on the scales. I'm down a lb! Woo-hoo!

I'm still at a BMI of 25.2 and would like to get that under 25 before I phase out.

My order from thelowcarbgrocery came this am so I had the HI-Lo Vanilla Almond cereal for breakfast. Very good. Almost too sweet for me though - I really notice sweetness now.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Awesome! congratulations too on the meal choices yesterday :-) I had protein packet of Hot Chocolate yesterday, I wasn't that hungry, sort of mid morning. After that cravings were driving me into the kitchen to see what was there - even though I wasn't hungry. I checked the coco box, and sure enough had that nasty ol' aspartame in it. That stuff really does make me go into overload for "wanting" stuff.... if only it made me want to clean the house or exercise instead.... dang.

You are doing terrific! Keep it up.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #345  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Awesome! congratulations too on the meal choices yesterday :-) I had protein packet of Hot Chocolate yesterday, I wasn't that hungry, sort of mid morning. After that cravings were driving me into the kitchen to see what was there - even though I wasn't hungry. I checked the coco box, and sure enough had that nasty ol' aspartame in it. That stuff really does make me go into overload for "wanting" stuff.... if only it made me want to clean the house or exercise instead.... dang.

You are doing terrific! Keep it up.
Thx Halfagain. It does feel good to be back 100% on track again and forging ahead to my goal. I have a Drs appointment next month, and I'm looking forward to her reaction when she sees that I'm at my goal weight!! Haha... I don't think she thought I'd accomplish it. I last saw her last August, when I was around the half-way mark to goal. I'm having a mammogram next week (on my 62nd birthday!) and am also going to drop by her office as I'll be in the area, pick up a referral chit for bloodwork from her and drop by the lab to have that done too. That way she'll be able to review my blood work results with me during my annual examination next month. Sure hope that they're good!

I haven't really noticed that aspartame affects me that way... I think with me my occasional craving is more a reaction to being bored. I do try to really avoid it though, for general health reasons. Unfortunately I accidentally picked up a box of Crystal Light 'singles' during my last grocery shopping that I now see are sweetened with aspartame - I didn't review the label closely enough... thought I was getting the one sweetened with Splenda like I'd done last time.
Closed Thread