Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #241  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedit View Post
I bet you are having a blat with shirt in and all of the Mardi Gras! Maezy I waited to return to the gym after being on plan for 1.5 months. I go 5 times per week and do a limited routine that includes weights upper and lower every other visit. There is a book on slow motion weight training that I follow. For each exercise I do 8 reps times 3 to exhaustion. So setting the weight exactly right is an experiment. I do not try to increase the weight in any of the reps, and only go up if last time was too easy. Out of 40 minutes at my gym I probably spend 15 minutes on weights, so it is NOT a ton of weights. After weights I do abs and stretches. Before I set the treadmill on max elevation and walk for 15 minutes up hill. I added an additional 4 oz of lean protein on gym days and my weight loss has not stalled.

I cannot say that my body looks "toned" but I feel that I am not adding to my flab at the same pace. Hope these ideas help you.b Jan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
This helps SO MUCH! THANK YOU!!!! I dropped my gym membership because of all the surgeries with my knee. I plan on picking it up again this summer when I will hopefully be at goal weight. I don't want six pack abs, ok I would LOVE six pack abs, but I would like to tone my six pack flabs to see if I could look somewhat different ! Also, the weight around my middle is coming off more slowly than my legs and my pants look ridiculous! Going to start with weights today!
Quote:
I recall that you had knee surgery and hope that you have some PT advice before you start those leg presses

I feel like the uphill on the treadmill is a form of lower body weight training along with some cardio. As to 6 pack abs...I WISH. However I am thrilled with my losses and just baby steps in the toning department make me happy with my progress!
Please let me know how it works for you as you reintegrate an exercise program. I can imagine that most of what I do could be modified for home with bands and a ball if you don't want to go to the gym. I am more compliant by having gym days and gym times. How is Mardi Gras?
Just to let Maezy know that a series of 3 DVDs are available re the Slow Burn Workout Routine. I read quite a bit online about the philosophy of the slow burn routine, and decided to get the DVDs rather than a book so I could watch an instructor actually do the different poses. I've found them very good. They're available now through different sources online, one of them is amazon - here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Slow-Burn-Home...owViewpoints=1

Last edited by evepet; 02-09-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #242  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Just to let Maezy know that a series of 3 DVDs are available re the Slow Burn Workout Routine. II read quite a bit online about the philosophy of the slow burn routine, and decided to get the DVDs in order to see an instructor actually do the different poses. I've found them quite useful. They're available now through different sources online, one of them is amazon - here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Slow-Burn-Home...owViewpoints=1
That is a GREAT resource. Proper technique is worth so much. Thanks for posting!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #243  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
That is a GREAT resource. Proper technique is worth so much. Thanks for posting!
Glad to help. Thought it might be useful. As you say, being able to see someone demonstrate the proper technique helps a great deal. One DVD also illustrates how to modify some of them slightly to make it easier at the beginning. Very useful.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hey ladies...happy to report that week 2 of maintenance brought a 1 pound loss. no exercises this week either, am trying this approach of maintenance for 3 weeks, and then adding in weight training. so looking forward to that after next week. hopefully another week of maintaining is ahead of me. i'm kind of doing my own thing, doing a little reading about south beach dieting, trying to add whole foods and some fruits but not many, not many, still scared about those high carb fruits!! its all an experiment after all!! haha

hope everyone is plugging along and doing great!!

much love
susan
Congrats on the loss! And love to see you here, stay close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
On a good note....Strike that - on a GREAT WONDERFUL Fantabulous note:

Today is my official weigh in morning and I'm at 159.6 pounds. That's exactly the top weight for a healthy BMI at my height. Woo Hoo! I'm at a NORMAL weight.

So I'm down into another decade, the 150's.
I've lost over 50 pounds--over 30 on the IP protocol.
I'm within 5 pounds of my long-term target goal, 155.

When I get to 155, I'll probably move my goal down another 10 pounds. We'll see. That's for a future celebration.
Congrats on the weight loss!

Quote:
This helps SO MUCH! THANK YOU!!!! I dropped my gym membership because of all the surgeries with my knee. I plan on picking it up again this summer when I will hopefully be at goal weight. I don't want six pack abs, ok I would LOVE six pack abs, but I would like to tone my six pack flabs to see if I could look somewhat different ! Also, the weight around my middle is coming off more slowly than my legs and my pants look ridiculous! Going to start with weights today!
Maezy,
One of the best exercises for your core is planks and you can do them easily at home. Here's a youtube that is a good, concise intro and provides a simple routine. It's around 4 minutes to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN6Mky8U4Rg
Hope this helps,
Chloe

Last edited by Chloe222; 02-09-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #245  
60 great years young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Congrats on the loss! And love to see you here, stay close!

Congrats on the weight loss!

Maezy,
One of the best exercises for your core is planks and you can do them easily at home. Here's a youtube that is a good, concise intro and provides a simple routine. It's around 4 minutes to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN6Mky8U4Rg
Hope this helps,
Chloe
Yes Planks...I gotta get back on that thanks for the reminder Chloe, have less to hold up now so it SHOULD be easier now
Old 02-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #246  
60 great years young

My new Avatar... Taken while Watching the youngins run in their valentines undies. I am an IP happy girl. Fellow IPers it works. Stay the course!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #247  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
greeniris the needling technique is a type of PT and not acupuncture. They put these needles in your skin and irritate the muscle that is tight. It hurts so good!!!!! Mine used it when I was having some should and neck issues.
I CANNOT believe that I almost forgot to post this!!! I wore my shirt tucked in for the first time in forever!! Now I have to go buy belts!!!!!
Thanks for explaining; and a huge WHHOOOO HOOOO on wearing the shirt tucked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petchef View Post
The last one was on ketosis, and they recommended using ketostix. I decided to try it. I'm 100% OP, have been on IP since 8/2/12, lost 58 lbs, 75 inches so far. Tried the ketostix 3 mornings in a row. All negative for ketones. I've been losing more slowly now, about 1 lb a week for the last three weeks, but 2.5 to 3 inches each week. I have about 25 - 35 more lbs to go, depending on where I feel comfortable. I'm 55 yo, post-menopause, weighed 173 this am.

I never should have tried the silly things -- it would be a non-issue and I'd be happily ignorant. Am I in ketosis or not? Does it matter if the results speak for themselves? My coach never used them and can't give me any advice even though it's a medical office. Should I throw the darn things away, keep calm and carry on?
Yep, throw them away. I never used one either.

Quote:
I cannot say that my body looks "toned" but I feel that I am not adding to my flab at the same pace. Hope these ideas help you.b Jan
Holy cow, look at YOU! Great new avatar!

Quote:
LMAO - "six pack flabs"!!!! That so describes me too!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #248  

EVEPET & SHEDIT Thanks for the info. I'll get those DVD's this week. Proper technique is a MUST with weights. Sticking to resistance bands for my legs becuz of my knees. PLANKS - used to love those things and yes, I bet they are easier without 60 lbs on me.
Went to one parade for Mardi Gras. Not doing the NOLA (New Orleans, LA) thing this year. Don't think my knee would handle that much walking and standing
Got some homemade soup in the crock pot! yummy! lunch made for the week.
Does anyone switch their restricted for an unrestricted? How often do you do it in a week? Better yet, does everyone eat one restricted a day?
Old 02-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 255/255/190

Default Tuff start

I'm new. this is my 2nd week. I loss 2.1 pounds the first week. My coach told me I was measuring my veggie wrong which made me eat more. Okay I'm hanging in there but still so disappointed that I haven't lost more.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #250  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSCW View Post
I'm new. this is my 2nd week. I loss 2.1 pounds the first week. My coach told me I was measuring my veggie wrong which made me eat more. Okay I'm hanging in there but still so disappointed that I haven't lost more.

If you were measuring your veggies after they were cooked, you might have been eating 2 or 3 times the amount you should. And if they were ones with a few more carbs, you would get a double whammy. Always be glad for a loss though. Understand that we can't control how our bodies react to this new way of eating.

Don't be discouraged. There are others that have only lost a few pounds the first week. Have faith in the program. IT WORKS!! If you follow what's outlined and do NOT cheat, the pounds will come off. I barely average 2 pounds a week, but as you can see, I've stuck with it for just over a year and have lost right at 114 pounds.

Use this forum to help you through your journey. We're all here for you. Ask questions, vent, what ever helps you. You will be pleased later on down the road when you make your goal and discover the new you.

Good luck. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Molly
Old 02-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #251  

Quote:
Ok MLSCW!!! time to change your thinking!!! YAHOO you LOST 2.1 lbs this week!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!! This is a journey and I learn so much every day about myself and about the food I eat. I know I want to lose more just about every week but I have changed my thinking to be happy with every ounce that I lose. SO CONGRATS on your loss and looking forward to ALL of your future losses!!!! It's a great program and this is true group therapy!!!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #252  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Quote:
We measure our meats AND veggies raw.

I'll join the others in welcoming you and also celebrating your weight loss.
We celebrate EVERY loss here and NEVER use the word "only" (as in "I only lost..."). Each body is different and each body takes what it takes to release weight.

The hardest thing of all on this site is to not compare ourselves with others. There are folks losing a LOT faster than me. Although I'm happy for them, I have to admit there are days I feel like I'd give anything to have that too.
I don't live their lives and don't live in their bodies. They don't live in mine. We each have our own unique experience on this earth.

We do the best we can do and that means following the P1 sheet.
Don't feel bad if your coach didn't give you all the info you needed. You did the best you could with the information you had at the time. You'll make adjustments and you'll move on.

And we will celebrate every pound lost with you!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #253  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Welcome!!! And no worries about a lower first loss - the program does work and you'll be amazed at the 'new you' in a couple of months!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #254  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
We always measure veggies before cooking. You're doing great! Every lost pound counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

If you were measuring your veggies after they were cooked, you might have been eating 2 or 3 times the amount you should. And if they were ones with a few more carbs, you would get a double whammy. Always be glad for a loss though. Understand that we can't control how our bodies react to this new way of eating.

Don't be discouraged. There are others that have only lost a few pounds the first week. Have faith in the program. IT WORKS!! If you follow what's outlined and do NOT cheat, the pounds will come off. I barely average 2 pounds a week, but as you can see, I've stuck with it for just over a year and have lost right at 114 pounds.

Use this forum to help you through your journey. We're all here for you. Ask questions, vent, what ever helps you. You will be pleased later on down the road when you make your goal and discover the new you.

Good luck. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Molly
I believe my average weekly loss is closer to 1.5lbs/wk or thereabouts. I quit even thinking about it. LOL.

Quote:
Ok MLSCW!!! time to change your thinking!!! YAHOO you LOST 2.1 lbs this week!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!! This is a journey and I learn so much every day about myself and about the food I eat. I know I want to lose more just about every week but I have changed my thinking to be happy with every ounce that I lose. SO CONGRATS on your loss and looking forward to ALL of your future losses!!!! It's a great program and this is true group therapy!!!!!
Love your attitude Maezy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
We measure our meats AND veggies raw.

I'll join the others in welcoming you and also celebrating your weight loss.
We celebrate EVERY loss here and NEVER use the word "only" (as in "I only lost..."). Each body is different and each body takes what it takes to release weight.

The hardest thing of all on this site is to not compare ourselves with others. There are folks losing a LOT faster than me. Although I'm happy for them, I have to admit there are days I feel like I'd give anything to have that too.
I don't live their lives and don't live in their bodies. They don't live in mine. We each have our own unique experience on this earth.

We do the best we can do and that means following the P1 sheet.
Don't feel bad if your coach didn't give you all the info you needed. You did the best you could with the information you had at the time. You'll make adjustments and you'll move on.

And we will celebrate every pound lost with you!
ITA with all that you wrote. Every single pound released is an accomplishment. I still have a picture on my fridge of 1 lb of fat beside a coffee mug - showing they are the same approx size. I used to get irritated/frustrated with myself when I had -1lb weeks, but they do add up. The essential thing is to stay focused and motivated and keep on truckin' along towards the finish line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Welcome!!! And no worries about a lower first loss - the program does work and you'll be amazed at the 'new you' in a couple of months!
It does amaze me when I look back to a year ago. Before IP. I'd not even contemplated another serious weight loss effort at that point in time. I'm so glad that today I'm so much slimmer and healthier! And it's great to know that I've got between now and warm weather to get myself toned up for those more revealing warm weather clothes.
-----------------------

Cute NSV. A couple of my neighbor ladies in the building where I live were down in the laundry room yesterday when I entered. They both did a double take when they saw me and said something to the effect of 'OMG - look at you! You look great' and then we had a conversation about how much I'd lost, etc. They have seen me from time to time over the months I've been dieting, but just in passing. I think that the weight loss from about 175lbs to my current 153lbs has produced the most dramatic 'visual' impact as I've finally lost more through the tummy and my waist has gotten more defined. This has happened from about October through to now, and even though they've seen me around in passing during these months, it's been hard to see the weight loss as I've had a winter coat on. Yesterday I just had on 'inside' clothes - a close fitting pair of yoga pants and Tshirt. My newly trim figure was much more obvious. Must say I enjoyed the compliments - it definitely gave me a lift.

Was out earlier today doing a couple of errands. Walked as it's a nice, clear and sunny day, and I wanted the fresh air & exercise. I ended up getting two bags of groceries and by the time I lugged them home I felt like I'd had a weight lifting session on my arms. Why do groceries always look like less in the shopping cart?

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. My pork loin chops are cooking in the crockpot, along with some sliced onion, celery, and green pepper. The scent is starting to waft through the air and I can smell it as I type this. I'll add 4 brussels sprouts to that for dinner. I'm looking forward to Maintenance, where I can chose from all veggies whenever I want. Some of my new favorites, like rutabaga, will be frequently on the menu. Who knew I'd be so hepped about veggies.

Last edited by evepet; 02-10-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hi ladies, happy Sunday!
Closed Thread