3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #166
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Such a great weekend! I am able to do so much more than I have been able to do in a long time. Just have to remind myself to take it slowly since i am just 6 weeks out from surgery.
I hit 60 lbs off today!!! Pretty excited!
It amazes me how much we change in our thinking and views as we go through this journey of self discovery. Friday at work several people dubbed my eating plan "extreme dieting" I just laughed! 2 months ago I really would have let this get to me and really questioned whether IP was right for me. Now I don't question because I KNOW it's right for me and the results speak volumes. I just think it's funny that people think that they get to "vote" on my eating plan!!!
Congrats on all of your successes: doing so much so short a time after surgery, losing 60 lbs, and most important your change in thinkng. You realize that is what it takes to make this a total success. So happy for you.

Molly

Started maintenance 3/7/2013

Old 02-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #167
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Woo Hoo! Not my official weight-in day, but the scale shows me this morning at a normal BMI, normal range for weight. Just.

Even if my weight bounces up and down; even if it's slightly above normal on my official weigh-in day (Friday), I don't care. I reached normal weight.

I've tried to get there for YEARS. I really in my heart of hearts did not believe it possible to achieve until I changed my eating to this plan.

My initial target is a few more pounds down to give me some wiggle room. However, I now believe my target will be lower, just not sure yet how much lower. I still want to lose at least two more inches in my waist so I may drop my goal 5 pounds at a time until I know what it will truly be.

Woo Hoo.

Congratulations! That is so exciting wha-woo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
First gain in my 54 weeks on IP. It was just .2, but still a gain. In the past, my gains were never immediate, they would not show up for at least a week. I remember that the week before last was not as good in the eating department, but this last week was much better. Hopefully, next week's WI will show a better result. These last pounds are a struggle, but I would really like to lose them. Forge on, Molly.
I would ignore that small gain - it's a stay the same week in my book. So many things it could be.

Quote:
Such a great weekend! I am able to do so much more than I have been able to do in a long time. Just have to remind myself to take it slowly since i am just 6 weeks out from surgery.
It amazes me how much we change in our thinking and views as we go through this journey of self discovery. Friday at work several people dubbed my eating plan "extreme dieting" I just laughed! 2 months ago I really would have let this get to me and really questioned whether IP was right for me. Now I don't question because I KNOW it's right for me and the results speak volumes. I just think it's funny that people think that they get to "vote" on my eating plan!!!
You are doing aweome Maezy, congratulations. I realize to someone who needs to loose <10 lbs, it seems like a huge obsticle but I've called this an extreme diet to a relative who needed to loose about that much. However I did give her the 411 on the program. Then again, for me personally, the diet doesn't seem extreme. If anyone tried to talk me off of it - well let me tell you, they'd better be backing up while they say it hahahaha!

Much love to all

Last edited by Halfagain; 02-03-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #168
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
60 pounds gone!!!! isn't it wonderful that we can all find our own "extreme dieting" plan that works for US. that is the most important thing anyway, whatever works for US is the best plan for us! Congrats on your success and prayers for your continued recovery from surgery.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #169

WINGNUT HALFAGAIN & RAINBOW
Thx all I have been working very hard as have all of you. It makes me feel so good to have people I admire and who I have turned to for inspiration throughout this process say such nice things to me!

TOTAL:100 !!!!
4/8/13 - 14 lbs from NORMAL weight range!
2/26/13 - Onederland!
2/11/13 - no longer obese!!!!!!
Don't sacrifice what you want the most for what you want this moment

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse

"I am in control of my food. Food is not in control of me"
Old 02-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #170

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello everyone, happy Super Bowl? Well happy Sunday!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #171
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Oh yes very happy - saw the Calvin Klein commercial
LOL DH and I were rating commercials 1 to 10... that one got a 10 from me hahaha.

DH likes the Budweiser horse one best (okay so do I) then he likes the Dorito's goat one. Ha!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #172
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Oh yes very happy - saw the Calvin Klein commercial
LOL DH and I were rating commercials 1 to 10... that one got a 10 from me hahaha.

DH likes the Budweiser horse one best (okay so do I) then he likes the Dorito's goat one. Ha!
so far most of them have been truly boring....my vote goes for the goat!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #173
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
so far most of them have been truly boring....my vote goes for the goat!
Yep we both agree with you, not as good as prior years. Several we were just going "huh"?

Off to bed, to wake up to a Monday. Hope everyone's week is a great one.

Barb
Old 02-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #174
Started IP 1/16/2012

What are you doing on page 2? It's past noon here in the east.

Waiting for an oil change after my PT appt. Off to Goodwill then.

Have a good OP day.

Molly

Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #175

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Have a good OP day.

Molly
That is funny, well not really but I way I read it was...Waiting for an oil change after my PT appt... For an instant there I thought they told you not to use olive oil anymore!

(I don't think I'm funny but am addicted to those little laughing guys).

I hope you and your wheels are all tuned up and ready for the rest of the week.

Last edited by patns; 02-04-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #176
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Halfagain I can't see your shoes, but I am at work, I will have to try again at home.

evepet, maezey1 and all: I may have jumped the gun on the boots regarding my calves. I have lost 2 inches in them but know they are still big. I am hoping these boots will fit ok. I had to get them online because I have no idea where to get real cowboy boots in NE. BUT, I see a line dancing gtg in our future!!!
Quote:
Ninjanurse just went and looked at some boots and I think I have it narrowed down to 4 pairs....oh the wait is on for the weight to come off!
The boots will fit soon so keep them near you as inspiration. You are gonna look awesome in them! Line dancing is fun! DH and I go cajun dancing every so often and I plan to break them in there!
I've been thinking I'd like to learn how to line dance... hmm... maybe cowboy boots are in my future too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Woo Hoo! Not my official weight-in day, but the scale shows me this morning at a normal BMI, normal range for weight. Just.

Even if my weight bounces up and down; even if it's slightly above normal on my official weigh-in day (Friday), I don't care. I reached normal weight.

I've tried to get there for YEARS. I really in my heart of hearts did not believe it possible to achieve until I changed my eating to this plan.

My initial target is a few more pounds down to give me some wiggle room. However, I now believe my target will be lower, just not sure yet how much lower. I still want to lose at least two more inches in my waist so I may drop my goal 5 pounds at a time until I know what it will truly be.

Woo Hoo.

I think it's important to give yourself a little wiggle room. IMO your plan sounds solid. That's about the same thing as I'm doing right now... my original goal weight was higher than where I am now. I'm going to evaluate the situation once I'm at 150lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Susan,
I'm so glad to hear from you, was concerned something happened to you. Do you remember Sewmam? She also lost a lot of weight (maybe 150 pounds? not sure off hand but an impressive amount) and was using an oil-cream blend to help tighten skin. From memory, I think this was Moroccan argon oil as the primary ingredient and another item since the argon oil is pretty expensive. I copied this and my version is Moroccan argon oil (good prices on Amazon) with Jergens CoQ-10 skin tightening cream (drug store). I was using every night after my bath (pores open, skin absorbs product more easily). I think it helped. I had forgotten about it when I went off plan, will go back now. You might find it helpful. I haven't seen Sewmam recently, maybe someone else has? If so, we could find out how well its working for her. In any case, we are with you as you work through this, lean on us. You have helped so many for so long.

Ninja and Maezy,
Beautiful boots and shoes here ladies!

For those not able to buy exotic footwear locally, think about Zappos.com. They have free shipping and free returns, so easy to work with.

Enjoy the SuperBowl,
Chloe
Thanks for the info re Zappos.com. I love my argan oil! I've ended up also putting a drop of the stuff in my facial moisturizers. Works a treat!

Quote:
I just ordered a tea chest for all the tea I have floating around in the kitchen. Since I've cut back on regular coffee, I've moved to herbal tea a lot. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 Ahh that's right, I bought one of the used (like new) ones. Saved few dollars I guess. Anyway, hope I love it.

Between DH's favorite teas and mine we have a lot of tea selections. He like the "zingers" whereas I am not a fan of lots of hibiscus in mine. I've gotten into the licorice, cinnamon, or lemon ginger flavors.

I went to Value Village yesterday looking for office attire for the big training trip. I found some Worthington slacks (2 pair), a skirt, and a top all for $20. I did have to sew the hem on one leg of a pair of pants that had been stapled lol. While I was at it, I got out all the sewing items that needed buttons, or seams repaired. Amazing how you get back so many things to wear once you get that button sewen back on . I need to find a black blouse to go with the skirt yet.

Teena, loved your idea of a mani/pedi (great minds think alike!) I got my manicure done yesterday too.

Thanks all for the nice comments on the new shoes!
That's a really cute tea chest. My counter space has gotten kind of crowded though - not sure where I'd put one. I do like the idea though, as I've also accumulated a lot of different types of teas. Kudos to you for getting all your 'sewing repairs' done. Did you find any good items at Value Village? Your post reminded me that I must go and check out my local Value Village sometime soon. It's farther away from me than some other consignment shops that I've been checking, but definitely worth a trip.

Quote:
First gain in my 54 weeks on IP. It was just .2, but still a gain. In the past, my gains were never immediate, they would not show up for at least a week. I remember that the week before last was not as good in the eating department, but this last week was much better. Hopefully, next week's WI will show a better result. These last pounds are a struggle, but I would really like to lose them. Forge on, Molly.
Probably just a little sodium retention. I agree that these last pounds feel like a struggle. But we'll get there. You said it - Forge on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
much love to everyone...thank you all for caring and for sharing your words of wisdom. it means so much to me to have all of your love and support as i DO believe this is a journey that we are taking together. I do know it is my decision but it sure helps to get others opinions and suggestions and thoughts. i can not thank you all enough for your words of encouragement. hugsssssssss
Just remember that you don't have to stay away, even if you take a break to evaluate everything. We are here for you, and imo it's important for you to stay connected here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Congrats on reaching a healthy BMI!

Molly - I gained for no reason 1 week, but lost it the next and I'm sure you will too. You have done so well and I bet feel so good. Just think how fabulous you'll feel next summer, wearing cute summer clothes up at your lake house in Michigan with DH!
I've also been thinking about how I'm going to look sooo much better in my summer clothes! And anything new I buy will definitely be more colourful and more perhaps even a little sexy? LOL.

Quote:
Maezy, you are doing great! So glad to hear that your recuperation continues to go so well!

Quote:
Congratulations! That is so exciting wha-woo!!

I would ignore that small gain - it's a stay the same week in my book. So many things it could be.

You are doing aweome Maezy, congratulations. I realize to someone who needs to loose <10 lbs, it seems like a huge obsticle but I've called this an extreme diet to a relative who needed to loose about that much. However I did give her the 411 on the program. Then again, for me personally, the diet doesn't seem extreme. If anyone tried to talk me off of it - well let me tell you, they'd better be backing up while they say it hahahaha!

Much love to all
Hugs back at you HalfAgain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post

Hi YesmyQueen! Sounds like you enjoyed Super Bowl!

Quote:

Have a good OP day.

Molly
Getting your oil changed? LOL. I agree with Patns - I must have a strange sense of humor because somehow that made me chuckle too. P.S. Did you ask your PT about ultrasound therapy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That is funny, well not really but I way I read it was...Waiting for an oil change after my PT appt... For an instant there I thought they told you not to use olive oil anymore!

(I don't think I'm funny but am addicted to those little laughing guys).

I hope you and your cars are all tuned up and ready for the rest of the week.
Hi Patns!

---------------------

Cheers everyone. Hope your day is going well. I've nothing in particular to report, just wanted to check in. Had a lovely day yesterday, as I got together with most of my siblings and their spouses for a nice brunch and visit. Nice to see everyone. I ate more than I typically would have (a little higher than usual on the daily sodium & fat intake) but I got a slight drop on the scale this am, so all is well. I drank a lot of water yesterday afternoon when I got home, to make sure I didn't have sodium retention, so that no doubt helped. Just planned out my menu for the rest of today, and it's definitely back 100% in line.

Everyone have a great day, and keep on truckin'.

Last edited by evepet; 02-04-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #177
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all!

Just had my first PT app't today; is it always going to hurt more afterwards??? Mostly all he did is check the range of motion, then iced it for a while and then an ultrasound treatment. Sounds like that will be about it for a while, but he did say I could continue with either the elliptical or stationary bike at the gym, but nothing that will put more stress on the knee than those.

I too like my argon oil; in fact I need to get some more soon.

Had too much junk last night while the game was on (my 'free meal' for the week) - oh did my tummy hurt! Felt ok this a.m., but refused to get on the scale...will do that tomorrow after my P1 day today. Supposed to go for my monthly WI on Thurs, but my mom is having surgery then, so need to reschedule.

Sorry about my ramblings - guess I'm feeling chatty and no one here to talk to. Have a great day all!
Cindy quote from Lisa: "If we only focus on what we're missing (and how soon we can have it again), we're not learning a thing about how to keep it off, & all the struggle to actually lose the weight is for nothing!"

WI 1: -5; WI 2: -5.5; WI 3 (2 weeks): -3.5; WI 4 (2 weeks): -5.5; WI 5 (2 weeks): -5; WI 6 (2 weeks): -4; WI 7 (12 days): -7.8; WI 8 (9 days): -3 1/2; WI 9 (2 wks): -0-; WI 10 (2 wks): -4.5; WI 11 (2 wks): -3.5; WI 12 (2 wks): -1; WI 13 (2 wks): -2.8; WI 14 (2 wks): -2.5; WI 15 (2 wks): -2.5
Old 02-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #178
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Hi all!

Just had my first PT app't today; is it always going to hurt more afterwards??? Mostly all he did is check the range of motion, then iced it for a while and then an ultrasound treatment. Sounds like that will be about it for a while, but he did say I could continue with either the elliptical or stationary bike at the gym, but nothing that will put more stress on the knee than those.

I too like my argon oil; in fact I need to get some more soon.

Had too much junk last night while the game was on (my 'free meal' for the week) - oh did my tummy hurt! Felt ok this a.m., but refused to get on the scale...will do that tomorrow after my P1 day today. Supposed to go for my monthly WI on Thurs, but my mom is having surgery then, so need to reschedule.

Sorry about my ramblings - guess I'm feeling chatty and no one here to talk to. Have a great day all!
All this talk about argon oil, I just ordered some. My face needs all the help it can get.

Sorry to hear your PT is hurting. After two months, they are wearing me out with my PT. She is now working to improve my walk as getting that right will take some of the wear and tear off my foot. They are also working on really building my muscles as part of all of that. She said the upper body will support everything. Yes, sometimes when I leave it really hurts. I'm interested in the ultrasound therapy. My therapist doesn't really think it does any good, so she hardly uses it. I had read on the Maintainer's thread about evepet and ishbel and their experience. I'm really tempted to try it, not just for me, but DH has some things it may benefit. Just wish I could find a 30 day money back guarantee deal evepet did. Will keep looking.

Enough about me. This thread has been pretty quiet. Hope everyone out there is okay. Miss your posts as I don't really read too many threads now. Love this one.

Molly

Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #179

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Argan oil, emu oil, coconut oil, shea butter

Hi all,
It is pretty quiet and like Molly, I really like this thread. Re argan oil, I use it around my eyes but also use emu oil combined with any of a few eye creams since emu oil (as I understand it - could be wrong) is an amazing carrier of whatever is mixed with it, goes 6-7 layers deep into the skin, so quite penetrating. Argan oil is a little thinner and doesn't penetrate as deeply.

Interesting folks are talking about argan oil as I was also just thinking about using it more so did some research. Didn't read anything scientific but lots of different perspectives and came away with another idea and it uses things I have already in the house. I am going to mix equal parts of pure shea butter with pure virgin coconut oil and use that as a lotion on my neck, chest and arms. BTW, I saw last week that Costco is now selling pure, virgin coconut oil at a good price. I've been using coconut oil since last summer, alternating with olive oil for sauteing/cooking. Now I'm going to use it on my body.

Last edited by Chloe222; 02-04-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #180
6/26/12 start 355

Tsk tsk.. page 2.. no way!
Watched Men in Black 3 tonight. It was pretty good. Made kale chips today, ate 1/2 of them at the "movies" so have 1/2 for tomorrow yippie!

Well that's about it for now.
Back to page one for us!