Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #91  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
I live directly across from River Crossing so the next time you're up let me know and we'll grill some veggies. I can also take you for a spin in my username (M35A2, 2.5 ton Army truck) or my avatar (M37 3/4 ton used by the Israeli Defense Force - that's the wife's truck).
Taking a spin in my Avatar will be a lot easier when I shed the extra weight!! LOL
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #92  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPhil View Post
Men, day 14, down 18 pounds .....

Woot!
Awesome Dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Awesome photos. I also changed my goal a couple of times. Just gotta find what feels right.

Since you posted some old photos, I dug one out of me when I was 18 (22 years ago!) I think I was around 120 or under in this photo. LOL Highly doubt I get back to that, honestly, I don't want to. When I finally hit 140 I was looking pretty sick.

Thanks JW. That is a great photo of you. It's fun to look back. I will keep my goal flexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
Taking a spin in my Avatar will be a lot easier when I shed the extra weight!! LOL
Heck yes it will that is an awesome looking car but Tiny. My belly not touching the steering wheel of my truck was a huge NSV for me.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
So I am on day 12 here going strong. One question I do have for you guys is how long will I be bouncing off the walls every day? Since day 8 I have been full of energy, I am normally and have been for a long time a sloth. Sit down job at work, go home take a nap then sit in front of the PC or TV for the rest of the evening for as long as I can remember.

My wife and my co-workers think I am on something. I only have one cup of coffee very early in the morning then again at night. Been holding off on exercise until they give me the go ahead, they said about 2 weeks. Not sure what I am going to do, maybe ride that stationary bike in my office that has been a coat rack for 10 years. So yes is this like the initial burn running through me or does this just keep on going?
Hi Dole,

That is hilarious! I'm on day 8 and going thought the same thing!! Naps? They are impossible! My wife opens her mouth to nag me to do something and realizes that I've already done it!! She just walks around in a state of confusion.

Over the last week my productivity at my store has been through the roof! To top it all off I thought I'd be grumpy going on a diet but in fact I think I'm a lot nicer guy and much more attentive to my customers (which I'm sure they appreciate). My store has 2 floors so I've been whipping up and down the stairs where normally I would have been huffing and puffing.

Even if I don't lose another ounce, the influx of energy IP gives you is incredible!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornsFan View Post
On a separate note...I have had my wife doing IP with alternative products due to cost. She is getting frustrated because the scale just isn't going down like it should. I know I have read where women can sometimes tend to retain a little more water in their muscles which could mask weight loss, but I am at a loss as to why she isn't seeing it on the scale. :
I know I have cut out a lot, so both the wife and I could both do the IP product. And coach has been great by letting us double up in the weekly weigh-in session (2 for the price of 1). However I feel it, but this is getting so important to us we are already looking at things we can cut to continue with this plan. She also had a .6 loss between week 2 and 3. She said it didn't bother but it I know it did. The coach seemed to think it was her cold medication.

A search on the internet on Nyquil shows 'acesulfame potassium, alcohol, citric acid, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium citrate. So it could be something as simple as that which could knock her out of ketosis.

Don
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #95  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
I hear that. My truck was made for 18 y.o.s who were a bit fitter than I am. I guess my only saving grace is my weight is spread out over my whole body. If I was a heavy beer drinker there's no way I could fit behind the wheel.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Since we are posting old photos, here is mine right after BMT graduation. My goal is to get back to that 180lbs.

nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #97  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
Since we are posting old photos, here is mine right after BMT graduation. My goal is to get back to that 180lbs.

Know exactly where that photo was taken! (Riverwalk San Antonio, in case no one else knows, about 20 miles south of my current location).

Thank you for your service! I'm actually trying to get under my Basic/AIT weight because I may have been in better physical condition but I was still overweight.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #98  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Know exactly where that photo was taken! (Riverwalk San Antonio, in case no one else knows, about 20 miles south of my current location).

Thank you for your service! I'm actually trying to get under my Basic/AIT weight because I may have been in better physical condition but I was still overweight.
HA, there is no way I could get back to my Basic/AIT weight. I think I was pushing a heavy 120 at the time. Taking in anything I could to try and gain weight. I think I left AIT weighing maybe 125. Boy, I think all those powders and things I took back then did a sneak attack on my when I hit 30. The lbs started coming! hehehe
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 306/ticker/220

Height: 6ft

Week 3 weigh in today and down 16.4 lbs! This really seems easy. Some challenges when going out to friends and family but I can cook so I just bring own food if there are no IP options. So far my favorites are:
Wildberry Yogurt
Chocolate or Vanilla Drink with Spinach
Herb and Cheese Omelet
Vegetable Chili
Cappuccino Drink
I try to add a new one or two each week to try other options. So much great support here on this site!
afbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #100  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
HA, there is no way I could get back to my Basic/AIT weight. I think I was pushing a heavy 120 at the time. Taking in anything I could to try and gain weight. I think I left AIT weighing maybe 125. Boy, I think all those powders and things I took back then did a sneak attack on my when I hit 30. The lbs started coming! hehehe

I did One Station Unit Training at Benning (Basic/AIT combined). I went in at 210 and came out at 175 after 16 weeks of constant PT, speed marches, push ups, etc. It only took me a couple of months in college eating pizza and drinking beer to get back to 210 and I spent my entire career fighting to stay under my max weight allowance. I'm shooting for being at a comfortable weight that is right for my heighth for once in my life. I may not be able to retain that forever but it'd sure be nice to see it once.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #101  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by afbrown2 View Post
Week 3 weigh in today and down 16.4 lbs! So much great support here on this site!

WTG!!

Wife had her 1st WI this morning. I was a little worried as it's only Day 5 for us and I was afraid she'd be disappointed. Lost 3.5lbs and she was happy with that. I'm anxious to do my 1st WI on Friday.

Can't agree more about the support. Glad I found this site.

Last edited by M35A2; 01-29-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

Way to go Mrs. M35A2
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #103  

Lots of temptation today! Had to pick up McDonalds for the kids (didn't even snag a fry) and the boys at racing (I race R/C cars) decided to order a load of Greek food from the restaurant next door!! Stayed true and keeping my eye on the big prize!! Next challenge, like all you guys, is a big one...Superbowl Sunday.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #104  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Lots of temptation today! Had to pick up McDonalds for the kids (didn't even snag a fry) and the boys at racing (I race R/C cars) decided to order a load of Greek food from the restaurant next door!! Stayed true and keeping my eye on the big prize!! Next challenge, like all you guys, is a big one...Superbowl Sunday.
Ohhhh, Superbowl Sunday, I hadn't even thought about the food yet. Yikes...gotta get a game plan formed.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #105  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:

You can do it.
Quote:
I was 168 when I graduated. I'm not going that far again. That would be a 302# loss.

Quote:
Ohhhh, Superbowl Sunday, I hadn't even thought about the food yet. Yikes...gotta get a game plan formed.
I'd not thought much about it either. Not sure what I will do if anything. Just had my spinach shake and I am full!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote