Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #91  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Okay, I'm not quite 50 yet, but I love this thread and lurk a lot. I just came on to say, WOW, Halfagain, you look fantastic! You are simply amazing! Congrats, congrats, congrats!
Well thank you Starshine! Glad you are posting here - feel free to do so
I do the daily WI thing (caution it's not for everyone - if it causes you to relax your guard, or beat yourself up over water weight don't do it) and I'm happy to say the weekend agreed with me and my scale. I'm hoping the loss stays there for Friday and maybe even picks up some buddies to take away with it.

2013 plan of action is to begin light exercise 4x a week. I can build up from there. I need to start doing something other than being the desk/couch potato I have been for years. It may slow the weight loss, but it should help the body shape. I know it will help my self image, stress levels, and outlook. Okay I know I've been saying/planning this for awhile, but I'm officially starting tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #92  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
thanks love!!! omg,....did u see the christmas special for season 3 yet??? oooh i won't spoil it....but sheeeeesh....how could they!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ooh - I haven't seen it yet. Do you have a link for that one? Or can I get it online?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #93  
IP started 12/28/12

S/C/G: 244.2/196.2/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm 56 and just started IP last Friday. In 3 days, I have lost 3.5 lbs.!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #94  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Ooh - I haven't seen it yet. Do you have a link for that one? Or can I get it online?
i sent u the link enjoy....get some tissues!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbf View Post
welcome karen...you are off to a fantastic start!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #95  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Welcome, Karen

You have come to the best thread on 3FC. The support here is awesome and you will need it on your journey. Most all of us will tell you we would NOT have survived without each other. Come here often and never feel ashamed or timid to ask questions, vent, do whatever.

Glad to have you.
Molly
Old 12-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #96  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Okay, Rainbow or any other Downton Abbey fans

For those of us that are just starting at the beginning of Downton Abbey, is there any place to watch from the beginning without spending a fortune. Since retirement, I have a bit of extra time.

Thanks, Molly
Old 12-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #97  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Okay, Rainbow or any other Downton Abbey fans

For those of us that are just starting at the beginning of Downton Abbey, is there any place to watch from the beginning without spending a fortune. Since retirement, I have a bit of extra time.

Thanks, Molly
i don't have links to season 1 or 2 but i can send you my dvds to borrow if you'd like...and then you can see season 3 online. trying so hard to resist talking about it hahahahaha
Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #98  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome karenbf!

Molly - Netflix has season 1.

Thanks for the link, Rainbow.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #99  

KArenbf Welcome!!!!! you will enjoy and appreciate all of the support on this board! keep on coming back and let me/us know how you're doing!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Okay, I'm not quite 50 yet, but I love this thread and lurk a lot. I just came on to say, WOW, Halfagain, you look fantastic! You are simply amazing! Congrats, congrats, congrats!
Hi starshine, this is where I generally hang out and I won't be 50 till October and they haven't kicked me out yet, everyone is extremely nice and helpful here so come back often it's a great place! And I won't be the only New Mexican .

Quote:
Welcome karenbf, great job so far, and it only gets easier after first week.

Well my DH and I were planing on going to a New Years party with dinner and dancing along with his parents but it sold out. Not to upset, now I won't be tempted and the roads are snowie and slick, so planing a nice quite New Year's Eve in front of the fire and tv. Happy New Years everyone, Teena
Old 12-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #101  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Welcome Karenbf! You are doing great.

Well All, I maybe late for the Proti-Thin Fusilli or the IP noodle bus, but I finally got on board. I made a wonderful chicken noodle soup today with my little packet of noodles. I used bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic powder, some chicken and some sharachi sauce too. My version of pho I suppose. The noodles were pretty firm (I probably didn't cook them quite enough) when the soup came off the stove, but by the time it cooled they were perfect. I was originally going to share my soup with DH and DS, but I decided instead to keep my noodles all for me (they would not have been as thrilled with them as I was - I've been without the real deal for so long). I made them their own pot of soup with lots of their normal noodles. Noodle.. it's a fun word to say out loud three times - go ahead, you know you want to

Hey - following some of the lovely Susan's lead - here's a photo of me at La Conner WA
Sporting the new glasses and my near black nail polish. They were out of black :-(

Last edited by Halfagain; 12-31-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added photo of trip
Old 12-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy New Year IPeeps!

and with the New Year, I turn 55 ( on the 7th) Yikes, how did that many years pass by?

have a healthy, happy, safe New Year All!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #103  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Welcome Karenbf! You are doing great.

Well All, I maybe late for the Proti-Thin Fusilli or the IP noodle bus, but I finally got on board. I made a wonderful chicken noodle soup today with my little packet of noodles. I used bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic powder, some chicken and some sharachi sauce too. My version of pho I suppose. The noodles were pretty firm (I probably didn't cook them quite enough) when the soup came off the stove, but by the time it cooled they were perfect. I was originally going to share my soup with DH and DS, but I decided instead to keep my noodles all for me (they would not have been as thrilled with them as I was - I've been without the real deal for so long). I made them their own pot of soup with lots of their normal noodles. Noodle.. it's a fun word to say out loud three times - go ahead, you know you want to
noodle....noodle....noodle....that WAS FUN!! YOU GOT ME!!! HAHAHhahahahaha
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #104  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Molly - Netflix has season 1.
I've seen that it's available on Netflix. Don't have Netflix. Not a movie watcher, not much of a TV watcher, but am curious about Downton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i don't have links to season 1 or 2 but i can send you my dvds to borrow if you'd like...and then you can see season 3 online. trying so hard to resist talking about it hahahahaha
I'd love to borrow your DVDs. I will take really good care of them and return them post haste. I will PM you my address.

Nothing for New Years Eve at our house. Grilling steak and veggie kebobs. DH is out in the cold trying to fish a little piece of hose out of the Corvair's gas tank. He had the tank out to replace a steel brake line. Murphy's Law, he would accidentally knock this little overflow hose right into the tank opening. Who knows what mood he'll be in when he comes in. Not the most patient person in the world.

I wish you all a safe New Years Eve and a wonderful 2013.

Molly
Old 12-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #105  
Feed Your Freedom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ttT5UGXjg
happy british new years everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread