Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #16  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA. Have been really busy the last couple of days and just haven't been able to get my head back in the game. I have another busy day tomorrow, so I have committed myself to boot camp starting on Sunday, and I'm not stopping till I either get back down to my lowest or Thanksgiving; which ever comes first. I have to get back down before the holidays really start up. Also we are going home to CA in one month for a short visit to celebrate Hanukkah with the whole family, and there is no way I'm showing up there having gained weight.

So BACK on the wagon starting Sunday and hitting the gym on a regular basis again. So I have to ask...Boot camp anyone???
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
OK Dana, I'm in starting Sunday. Let me know exactly what you eat for boot camp. I know you have done it sucessfully before. I am in maintenance but up 6 pounds above my goal which I want to get off before holiday time.

Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'll join you & Dana in a boot camp. And starting Sunday's ok with me too. I'm away tomorrow to Toronto, leaving fairly early and probably won't check in here until tomorrow evening. I'll check back then for sure to see if we're *on* for boot camp. My goal is to get to 160 lbs by mid December. I've got a pair of jeans and a pair of dress slacks that I want to fit into by Christmas time! And while I'm not straying too far from 100%, I'm just not accomplishing what I need to do these days on my own.
I'm in! Actually started boot camp yesterday and my scale showed a 2 lb loss this morning! =D

[QUOTE=WingnutandMe;4524544]Good morning lovely 50+ers.

Up and off for my "fix." Having been a antiques and junque seller for over 21 years, I'm addicted to the "thrill of the hunt." I love searching for unique things at yard and estate sales. I've pretty much stopped this year to

Sounds like a fun day Molly! Hope you find some treasures!

Got to share a treasure I found at the new Salvation Army Family Store last week...a full length black leather coat with suede trim & embellishments in excellent condition! It is a SMALL & it FITS!!!! AND IT WAS ONLY $10.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love it

Hi Dana - good to hear from you again. Was hoping everything was ok...

Time to get breakfast and then I'm going to 'attack' the house...today is cleaning day :P Until later.....

Last edited by greeniris; 11-10-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #17  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Argh... I do not have enough packets in my pantry to start bootcamp now, but I will join in on Tuesday, since my weigh in is Monday and I can pick up plenty of stuff then. I do not want to get stalled now, when I am getting so close! That will also give me a chance to eat the swordfish (my favorite) in my fridge and some other things. DH won't mind - he gets a break from having to eat what I'm having for dinner and can just pick something up.

We finally have a 5 Guys here in town, so he can take one of the kids or grandkids (or all of them) out for dinner one night. I love 5 guys and it was killing me to hear him talk about it last night!

Someone, please remind me - it's basically 5 packets a day (the regular 3, plus 2 to substitute for the meat/protein), plus the 4 cups of veggies, right?? Oh, and no restricteds?? (That's a hard one - love my PB bars!)
Old 11-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #18  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

I am headed to my folks this weekend. I can connect to the Internet there but it's slow and I will be busy visiting and going thru cloths my sister no longer wants. There should be a lot of sizes I can just start to wear for pants/jeans and probably tops I can wear now. I'm excited about getting a range of sizes to work into and out of.

On top of the weekend plans, my work is at a phase where I'm really needed to watch what's going on there over the weekend too... so I need to pack personal and work computers for the trip. Oh well, it beats going into the office. I'm feeling so much better physically since I started IP. It's not the physical chore it used to be at 90 lbs heavier to lug in/out all the bags with the c-pap machine, etc. My car fits me better for seating and seat belt. My shoes are getting bigger, and the size 10 slippers from Costco fit. I was buying size 12 tennis shoes, I bet 11's will fit now. I used to wear 10-1/2 some years ago - I doubt I'll see that again.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #19  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
We finally have a 5 Guys here in town, so he can take one of the kids or grandkids (or all of them) out for dinner one night. I love 5 guys and it was killing me to hear him talk about it last night!
It's far from lean hamburger, but yah when I'm up to my eyeballs working from home and hubby is going to 5 guys - I ordered a little hamburger, no bun, extra lettuce, extra tomato, and light raw onion. When it got home it went in a bowl with some WF 1000 island. It was great, and while not exactly to plan - it worked. I passed on doing that for a long time, but was very glad when I did that day. I wouldn't do it all the time, but I actually got a better loss that week too. I think sometimes we need some fattier food now and again. I do a lot of chicken normally.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning lovely 50+ers.

Up and off for my "fix." Having been a antiques and junque seller for over 21 years, I'm addicted to the "thrill of the hunt." I love searching for unique things at yard and estate sales. I've pretty much stopped this year to get ready for retirement, but over where I've had the best luck in my searching where my bff lives, there are 16 sales this morning. I'm pumped ready to go. Especially looking for some "new" smaller clothes.

Have a great OP day
Molly
Molly, you have a great day, I'm going to 2 craft fairs, I'll be thinking about you, happy shopping!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA. Have been really busy the last couple of days and just haven't been able to get my head back in the game. I have another busy day tomorrow, so I have committed myself to boot camp starting on Sunday, and I'm not stopping till I either get back down to my lowest or Thanksgiving; which ever comes first. I have to get back down before the holidays really start up. Also we are going home to CA in one month for a short visit to celebrate Hanukkah with the whole family, and there is no way I'm showing up there having gained weight.

So BACK on the wagon starting Sunday and hitting the gym on a regular basis again. So I have to ask...Boot camp anyone???
Dana, missed you and yes I wanna boot camp, yes what exactly do you do for your camp? I'm in!

Quote:
Ok - we're on for tomorrow. Boot Camp it is. Thanks for the tip about The Keg. I also saw a Cobb Salad, and a Hot Steak Salad in the menu (isn't it great how so many restaurants have their menus online) and both look quite IP-plan suitable. So I'm not worried at all at this point - just looking forward to the day.

Good luck today Molly! With 16 sales you're sure to stumble onto some great finds.

_______

I'm just checking in quickly before leaving for Toronto for the day. And it looks like it's Boot Camp again starting tomorrow with Dana, Patns and GreenIris.

Everyone have a great day!
Everpet hope you have a great day in Toronto and count me in for boot camp!

Rainbow weren't you just saying about something about camping? Will you please be our sarge again, you really were a great sarge! Come on you know u wanna PLEASE!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #21  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Rainbow weren't you just saying about something about camping? Will you please be our sarge again, you really were a great sarge! Come on you know u wanna PLEASE!
:-) I will have to beg out with all the work happenings I may be afk a while this week. There is a difference between our "on a boat" 5 day with our lovely Sarge cracking the whip - and IP Boot Camp. IP Boot Camp is really a re-boot protocol. You might be able to find it on some of the sticky pages - I'm not sure. My understanding is that yes you replace the solid "real" meat section with two packets instead, and no restricted. I wouldn't mind doing that part of it, but I'm thinking with stresses this week, I'm going to need my chewy bar and some meat to tear into.

Okay I'm really going now - but changing plans I may be home from the farm tonight instead with my new/hand-me-downs so I can work tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
It's far from lean hamburger, but yah when I'm up to my eyeballs working from home and hubby is going to 5 guys - I ordered a little hamburger, no bun, extra lettuce, extra tomato, and light raw onion. When it got home it went in a bowl with some WF 1000 island. It was great, and while not exactly to plan - it worked. I passed on doing that for a long time, but was very glad when I did that day. I wouldn't do it all the time, but I actually got a better loss that week too. I think sometimes we need some fattier food now and again. I do a lot of chicken normally.
That is just what I was thinking before I got to the part where said you did have a loss that week. I discovered the same thing when I realized with stalls that I only lost on the weeks I went to The Keg for a meal. We need to throw in a bit higher fat once in a while. I was having chicken breast and white fish all the time when I stalled.
You are so right about feeling better physically and it is not so hard hauling stuff around. Lots of times we get focused on the numbers on the scale but it is so much about the extra energy and stamina that comes with eating right.
Have a good trip.

Last edited by patns; 11-10-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #23  

Quote:
:-) I will have to beg out with all the work happenings I may be afk a while this week. There is a difference between our "on a boat" 5 day with our lovely Sarge cracking the whip - and IP Boot Camp. IP Boot Camp is really a re-boot protocol. You might be able to find it on some of the sticky pages - I'm not sure. My understanding is that yes you replace the solid "real" meat section with two packets instead, and no restricted. I wouldn't mind doing that part of it, but I'm thinking with stresses this week, I'm going to need my chewy bar and some meat to tear into.

Okay I'm really going now - but changing plans I may be home from the farm tonight instead with my new/hand-me-downs so I can work tomorrow.
Also with boot camp the exercise part doesn't come into it I think. I think the boat one had some exercise part to it? Maybe I'm wrong I didn't do it so wasn't reading carefully.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #24  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post

oooh yesmyqueen....i am going to hand off the "drill" sarge role to you this time
i will pass on the official "boot camp" too this time...but will catch up next time. sorry but i just have too much going on this week.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Oops I didn't know we replaced our meat with 2 packets, that's gunna really b hard for me, I thought boot camp was just really watching everything super careful and no restricteds and all your water, guess I was wrong my bad!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #26  

I think I had bootcamp wrong too. Somehow I thought it was 5 drink packets a day, but think after reading here I think it is 5 non restricted packets a day?

Last edited by patns; 11-10-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #27  

Good luck with your boot camp, whatever it is! I would like to do it but I need my nightly meal right now to tide me over. I'm just trying to get through the holidays and continue to lose. I think that I'm ready for Thanksgiving though.

Oh, oh, oh!!! we should have a Thanksgiving Report of what we ate!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #28  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Back from Toronto, and had a great day. Unfortunately The Keg that were intending to eat at didn't open until 4pm on Saturday, but there was a Baton Rouge restaurant not too far away and we ended up there. They had about the same Hot Steak Salad, flank steak sliced thin and served on a bed of romaine, with some cherry tomatoes, and what I think were quite a few fennel strips. Also quite a bit of sliced onion and peppers. I just dipped my fork in the salad dressing (served on the side) very slightly a few times for a taste. And decaf coffee. Politely refused the birthday cake, but told everyone I was hoping to be phased out enough by Christmas to enjoy some of the yummy desserts with them then. Everyone is quite impressed with my discipline and 'sticking power'. I had a protein soup tonight, and really loaded it up with veggies in order to get them all in for the day.

So tomorrrow is Boot Camp!

I knew sooner or later I'd be needing the Ideal Protein Boot Camp Protocol, so copy/pasted and made a copy of it a couple of months ago when it was being discussed here. Here it is:

NO RESTRICTED ITEMS; NO OCCASIONAL VEGGIES.
Stick to soups, jello, juices and pudding packets.

Breakfast: Packet, as usual.
Lumch: Packet, veggies, and salad.
Supper: No meat protein. You can do 1 or 2 packets here. Still have veggies and salad.
Snack: Packet, as usual.

You an make an omelet with 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites and your veggies for supper if you want. Again - you can add another packet if you want to double the protein.

You can decide if you want one or two packets for supper. That would put you at 4-5 packets for the day. Try this for 2-3 days.

Remember LOTS of water. Add some lemon juice to you water early in the day to flush out your system.

Remember this is for when you reac a plateau only, which means no weight loss for 2-3 weeks or more.

(I can't recall now who posted this, but it was a longer term member who I judged reliable).

This is the protocol I'll be following, but I'll be adding in protein shakes, as I don't have alternative product jellos and juices.

See you all tomorrow!

Edited to Add: Just went searching for where I originally found the above IP Boot Camp Protocol, and it was actually from Dana. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...me-2-a-34.html

Last edited by evepet; 11-10-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #29  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I am headed to my folks this weekend. I can connect to the Internet there but it's slow and I will be busy visiting and going thru cloths my sister no longer wants. There should be a lot of sizes I can just start to wear for pants/jeans and probably tops I can wear now. I'm excited about getting a range of sizes to work into and out of.

On top of the weekend plans, my work is at a phase where I'm really needed to watch what's going on there over the weekend too... so I need to pack personal and work computers for the trip. Oh well, it beats going into the office. I'm feeling so much better physically since I started IP. It's not the physical chore it used to be at 90 lbs heavier to lug in/out all the bags with the c-pap machine, etc. My car fits me better for seating and seat belt. My shoes are getting bigger, and the size 10 slippers from Costco fit. I was buying size 12 tennis shoes, I bet 11's will fit now. I used to wear 10-1/2 some years ago - I doubt I'll see that again.
Isn't it funny how even our feet get smaller! I have a really cute pair of black leather wedge heeled boots that I almost gave away a couple of years ago as they'd gotten too tight. Instead I put them into storage. They fit perfectly now, and I wore them comfortably today. Glad I still had them. I wore them so few times they're like new. Same deal with my short black leather jacket - I haven't been able to wear it for years, and now it's almost too big! So nice to 'find' this stuff again.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #30  

Quote:
Isn't it funny how even our feet get smaller! I have a really cute pair of black leather wedge heeled boots that I almost gave away a couple of years ago as they'd gotten too tight. Instead I put them into storage. They fit perfectly now, and I wore them comfortably today. Glad I still had them. I wore them so few times they're like new. Same deal with my short black leather jacket - I haven't been able to wear it for years, and now it's almost too big! So nice to 'find' this stuff again.
Oh my I hope my feet don't get any smaller! I wear size 5 and it is so difficult to get shoes to fit me as it is.

Thanks for copying the "bootcamp" protocol. That must have been the one I read earlier because I did think I had read drinks and puddings somewhere. Do you think the cocoa and cappuccino packets are the same as puddings?

But it also said 2-3 days. I think Dana had done it for a week before.

I have been in maintenance but am up 6 pounds, I need to get that off again.
I forgot about The keg not opening until 4. I remembered I was surprised that that was still the case on the week end.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 11-10-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Closed Thread