Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

@ragdoll it WAS a lot of meat! I am going back to pick up a couple more whole chickens while they are 99 cents a pound. I figure while we have the money I can save myself from spending it after the prices go up.

SOOOOOOOO...just got back from WI - the inches fairy did not visit me this week but OH MAN I think the whoosh fairy smacked me head-on! Down 5 pounds!!!

Going to find some uses for the leeks I bought at the farmer's market yesterday, and make some okra chips to go with lunch! I'm going to make the mushroom soup into 2 small flatbreads and toast some Veggie Shreds in between them for a grilled cheese sammie!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #17  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=scorbett1103;4451867

SOOOOOOOO...just got back from WI - the inches fairy did not visit me this week but OH MAN I think the whoosh fairy smacked me head-on! Down 5 pounds!!!

[/QUOTE]

5 lbs! Way to go.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #18  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Bring it on! (TOM - I'm talking to YOU!) I remembered to tell myself that this morning, and I'm ready for the day, whatever it has in store. Can't wait for weigh-in tomorrow, it's gonna be a good one! Have a great day peeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
Kids are back in school today...makes me sad. I love summer.

I just had breakfast - oatmeal with jicama. It was delish!! Much like putting apples in your oatmeal. Might just be a new favorite.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
I'm gonna try that in my apple cinnamon oatmeal with an extra dash of cinnamon - sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's just the nature of using the shaker to make drinks. I usually make mine a little ahead of time so that it has time to settle in the glass. Sometimes a quick stir with a spoon helps dissipate the bubbles too.

WI Wednesday for me!! I don't know if the whoosh fairy visited me, but I'm still pumped about the fact that I wore size 14 pants all day yesterday and they fit great - no pinching, no muffin top

Just realized last night that hubby starts class NEXT week, not the week after like I thought. I need to get back on the meal planning bandwagon (I used to do the whole week ahead of time) to keep the craziness under control. There were a ton of sales on meat this week (thank you, Labor day BBQ sales!) so I went a little nuts....wrapped and packed up almost 40 pounds of meat for the deep freezer! I keep hearing that meat prices will go up because of the drought so I'm trying to take advantage of the better prices while I can.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
Wooooohooooo for size 14!!! I'm in hot pursuit of the next size down waiting for me in my closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
I do use a straw, but can barely get the thick stuff through it so have to keep thinning with water so I can drink the whole product and not leave half of it in the glass in the form of foam!

PS - as you can see, I'm a returning 'prodigal daughter' - having gone off program in June and am restarting IP 6 lbs heavier (actually, gained a lot more than that back, but have slowly made my way down and ready to commit to IP again). LizRR, I remember we started around the same time (Feb/March), at approximately the same weight and you are at goal and are a TOTAL inspiration (and motivation!) to me now. Must feel so good. Congratulations!
This reaffirms that if we work the program 100%, the results will show it! LizRR ROCKS, and is a great inspiration to all of us!

Last edited by stargirl66; 08-29-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
When I make my chocolate drink I get lots of thick foamy stuff that floats on top. Not appetizing. I have to keep adding water to thin it down so I can drink it. I use 8 oz of cold water in my IP shaker to make it. Any idea how I can prevent this?
when I make mine I use at least 10oz of water or more or cold coffee make a nice mocha that way. and if you let it sit for a few minutes after making it the foam settles.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Prayers for all of those on the gulf coast!!!!!

Day 5 of reboot. Tons of energy. Lots to do. Why is it that days off always seem busier than days on??? Lol

Have a great day
Old 08-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Good morning all,

I have rarely been on the board this past month - too busy and have missed my quality time here, getting inspired.

Wishing all a great day,
Chloe
Old 08-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #22  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Quote:
When I make my chocolate drink I get lots of thick foamy stuff that floats on top. Not appetizing. I have to keep adding water to thin it down so I can drink it. I use 8 oz of cold water in my IP shaker to make it. Any idea how I can prevent this?
I sort of gave up on the shakes due to the same problem. I thought the cause might have been using my blender with ice. (All those smoothies sounded really good.) But it sounds like it's a general issue with this product.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #23  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning,
Many thoughts and prayers to those on the gulf coast. My husband's cousins live in New Orleans and they lost power and boarded up to prep. Pretty scary to me. That is probably why I love living in Washington. We get an occasional earthquake or volcano erupting but no major scary weather.

NSV- I am quite amazed at how this lifestyle does change your body shape. I am comfortable in a size 22 and when I was this weight before there was no way I was fitting in those. I am going to Lane Bryant tomorrow as they have buy one get one free including bras. And I need to stock up on a few sizes as I go down.

Today's quote:

Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.
~ Deepak Chopra ~
Old 08-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Very hard week. UGH! Been doing very well and reach my 50# mark. However, every year for the past 13 yrs we have had several cookouts at our house and this is the first year we did not because finances and secondly I knew how hard it would be for me with all the food around during and after.

WEll this weekend my BIL and nephew came up and needless to say there was a lot of junk food around. I did great while they were here but the last three days I have been taking bites of all the snacks left over. SO MAD AT MYSELF!!! Although on a positive note before IP I would have eaten everything and not just taken bites here and there. I know the fat % will go up on Fridays WI and that is what gets me mad.

So this morning I went through the pantry, fridge and freezer and threw out the cookies, cake, dips and 2 half gallons of ice cream. If my DH and DS would eat it I would have kept some stuff but they haven't touched it...just me.

100% OP today (so far) and feeling great. LEt's hope I can get the scale to stay or go down by Friday morning. I think I can but will be back on here throughout the day today and tomorrow to keep me honest.

THank you all. I just love reading all the successes and challenges everyone is having. Definitely has helped me on this life changing journey.

Have a great OP day!!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!

I am just finishing my shake before I go do a grocery shop, we have just moved to a new house and I need to start from scratch. I chose not to move all my baking goodies, pasta, etc with us. It seemed like a good idea at the time now I need to be super focused on what I bring into the house.

And I need to become creative for kids lunches...not my strong suit!! But I would really like to show them healthy eating, not convenient eating.

Anyways, I shall do my best. Lol
Old 08-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #26  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Wow Scorbett! Congratulations! I also buy a LOT of meat when it's on sale. Going shopping today after work for more veggies to make lots of purees for the freezer and will check out the meat department.

Jicama in the oatmeal - sounds good I will def be trying that.

Good morning all It's a beautiful, cool morning here in northern MI. Fall is def on the way - some of the trees are already changing colors.

I was checking out a local spa for services/prices/packages and am a little shell-shocked by the costs (Money is pretty tight for us these days.) I've never been to a spa for anything and thought that would be an awesome gift to myself for when I reach my goal in a couple of months. Am actually thinking I don't deserve to spend that much on myself as my journey to goal hasn't been difficult; P1 is so easy (after the first week). So am re-thinking my reward. What have you decided as a reward for when you reach your goals? Anything? (Maybe the spa should be my reward for maintaining a full year. It sounds like maintaining is going to be the hardest part of this program.)
Old 08-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #27  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all and Happy WI Wednesday

I had a good weigh in this morning and I am very happy wtih my progress. However, it is hard to celebrate because my husband is not seeing results. In four weeks, I have lost 23 lbs, he has lost 9. We both have roughly the same amount of weight to lose- 130 lbs each (God, that looks awful in print).

He has a very complicated medical situation as he is in remission for Cushing's Disease. I only have myself to blame for my weight, but he actually has a medical explanation for his. This is a terrible condition that I wouldn't wish on anyone. When treated, it won't kill you, but if affects every aspect of your health. I don't know if the issue is that his meds need to be adjusted (he takes a lot, as a result of radiation his pituitary does not do most of the things it is supposed to) or if he's having a recurrance, or something else entirely.

Last week I changed things up a bit- added two HBEs to his day, in addtion to four packets, and cut out all restricteds. He eats whatever I give him, and I know he is not cheating, so there is no reason that he shouldn't be doing better. The only other thing I can think is that he is not seeing weight loss because he is rebuilding muscle. One of the issues he had when he was sick was muscle wasting- he got to the point where walking up a flight of stairs was a huge effort because he lacked muscle tone. He looks smaller to me, but it's honestly hard to tell, his shape is so off balance because almost all of his weight is in his belly. He feels like he is losing in his waist and tush, but again, it's hard to tell, they already seem relatively small compared to his belly.

I think I am going to try adding in an extra shot of protien into his day- someone in another thread recommended Syntrax and it looks like a good way to get a lot of protien for few calories. We see his endocrinologist at the end of Sept, and there's no point in moving up that appointment because he has a lot of tests he has to do before he goes. If the protein tweak doesn't work, then we might have to find something else for him to do.

<Sigh> Thanks for listening- it's so hard to be happy about my pants being loose when he is so depressed about his condition, and then feels like I am leaving him behind as my numbers keep going down and his don't.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #28  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I was checking out a local spa for services/prices/packages and am a little shell-shocked by the costs (Money is pretty tight for us these days.) I've never been to a spa for anything and thought that would be an awesome gift to myself for when I reach my goal in a couple of months. Am actually thinking I don't deserve to spend that much on myself as my journey to goal hasn't been difficult; P1 is so easy (after the first week). So am re-thinking my reward. What have you decided as a reward for when you reach your goals? Anything? (Maybe the spa should be my reward for maintaining a full year. It sounds like maintaining is going to be the hardest part of this program.)
I chose to have 10-pound goal rewards (an Alex & Ani bracelet for each milestone), and I'm going to figure something out for when I hit maintenance. The way I look at it, I have done NOTHING for myself up until this point. Never say you don't deserve to reward your successes! Money's tight for us too (I am the only one working while hubby is finishing school) but I know what the bracelets cost so I just squirrel away "prize" money along the way. If you want to start maintenance with a spa day, figure out what you'd need to save weekly to hit it (don't forget to include the month for phase 2 and 3). It might be a lot more doable than you think!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning, all! Hope everyone's doing okay down south.

scorbett - the apple butter is really good when mixed with some herbs and rolled into pork tenderloin. There's a similar recipe in the IP cookbook.

tiger -when buying your bras, try to by a band size (or two!) down and get yourself some band extenders. That way it will fit you now (with the extender) and later as you continue to lose. Was my saving grace in extending the longevity of my bras! See if they have a new gift cheque on their website too to save extra money! I think their most recent one expires today. Yep - here it is!! http://www.lanebryant.com/content.js...=GiftChequeWeb

chloe - nice to see you again!!!

AFM, happy to report that I was down 2.0 yesterday so back on track. The past few weeks have been really frustrating in the weigh loss department but I'm hoping things are moving in the right direction again.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #30  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Today will be my first WI and I'm happy to say I will be -6 lb

Tonight I am going to try my idea for aspertaime free jello that would be equal to IP jell using mio and knox! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Closed Thread