Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #151  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
HalfAgain,
Dana,
You asked in Volume 1 how I use coconut oil. I'm so far behind in reading these posts and the daily chat, just can't keep up and do all the other things I need to do, hence the late reply. I use coconut oil as a topping on my morning crepe/pancake, in the frying pan when I made cauliflower rice, a spoon of it straight . I really like the taste of coconut and the one I use has a delicate, mild taste (maybe they all do, I don't know - I've only used 1 brand).

Does anyone know if LizRR posted her rhubarb EAS Strawberry ice cream recipe? I didn't see it and want to keep trying to make ice cream in the Hamilton Beach pint ice cream maker. So far, my efforts haven't been rewarded.

I bought the NESCO 80 square dehydrator from Amazon, arrived last week and this afternoon will try to make zucchini chips for the first time. I also bought a dehydrator cookbook (Food Drying with an Attitude: A Fun and Fabulous Guide to Creating Snacks, Meals and Crafts by Mary Bell, $8.11). I started reading it before I went to sleep - didn't get very far - has good reviews.
Thanks for the coconut cooking ideas. I may just try having it straight to know I'm getting some in each day. I love the taste/smell so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm ordering my dehydrator this week from Amazon too. It will be the Nesco brand, just can't decide on the square or round version. I know the square gives you more shelf space, but there was something about only having round sheets. Will have to go back and check it out. Let us know what you think about the cookbook too after you get a chance to read it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Chloe, please post how the chips turn out in your dehydrator. Does it take less time to make the chips in it?

Just wanted to post here, too, that I had my WI and lost another 2.2 pounds this week! Very excited to be almost at the 30 pound mark!

It eerily quiet and dark here in central Louisiana, but about to get windy and rainy very soon. I've got today and the rest of the week off, due to Isaac. Time to make some rutabaga fries for lunch!

Best regards to all!
Well "look" at you! Thanks for sharing your pic. Congrats on the good loss this week. Stay safe with Isaac in your area. Glad we went to New Orleans three weeks ago, instead of this week.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #152  

I've been home with a sick teenager today. I thought he was trying to get out of his classes today when he said he wasn't feeling good this morning, but sure enough his temp was over 101 when I took it. Just keeping him happy with Tylenol, chicken soup and crackers right now. He is going away for the long weekend, so I'm hoping he will be all better by Friday when he is suppose to leave.

I hope those of you in Isaac's path are safe and dry!

I go back to my coach on Friday, but I asked her last time if I could avoid weighing in again till my "summer break" weight is off, she agreed. Still trying to fight those last 5 pounds I gained and they are trying to hold on for dear life. Hopefully they will be gone within the next two weeks. I WANT to get out of the 170's already.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #153  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Thanks for the coconut cooking ideas. I may just try having it straight to know I'm getting some in each day. I love the taste/smell so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm ordering my dehydrator this week from Amazon too. It will be the Nesco brand, just can't decide on the square or round version. I know the square gives you more shelf space, but there was something about only having round sheets. Will have to go back and check it out. Let us know what you think about the cookbook too after you get a chance to read it more.
dana...i love the smell and taste of using coconut oil too!! really good in stir fry veggies, cauliflower "rice", and i also use the coconut spray, which is like pam spray only its coconut!! great for spraying on meats! especially chicken for chicken tikka marsala!

im excited for you to get your dehydrator....im still working on that!! keep us posted with your recipes!!

my heart has been so heavy the last few days. 2 of the moms in our mothers group, their daughters went missing late sunday night. yesterday their car was found burned in one of our area forests. today, one body was recovered, having been shot to death. i can't even imagine how jennifer is coping to have spoken to her daughter on the phone just moments before she went missing. her daughter told her she was on the way home, stopping by mcdonalds and wanted to know if she wanted her to bring her anything. she never made it home.

we still do not know all the facts, its just so scary. she was only 18. the other girl who was with her, is still missing and is the mother of a 1 year old. she is 22 yrs old.

ladies...everyone...BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS...i have been drilling that into my kids heads since they were very little! i tell you, i am overwhelmed with grief for my friends....one of my very best friends lost her husband totally unexpectedly a few weeks ago and now these 2 young girls...life is so precious.

thank you all for being in my life right now!!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #154  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
dana...i love the smell and taste of using coconut oil too!! really good in stir fry veggies, cauliflower "rice", and i also use the coconut spray, which is like pam spray only its coconut!! great for spraying on meats! especially chicken for chicken tikka marsala!

im excited for you to get your dehydrator....im still working on that!! keep us posted with your recipes!!

my heart has been so heavy the last few days. 2 of the moms in our mothers group, their daughters went missing late sunday night. yesterday their car was found burned in one of our area forests. today, one body was recovered, having been shot to death. i can't even imagine how jennifer is coping to have spoken to her daughter on the phone just moments before she went missing. her
daughter told her she was on the way home, stopping by mcdonalds and wanted to know if she wanted her to bring her anything. she never made it home.

we still do not know all the facts, its just so scary. she was only 18. the other girl who was with her, is still missing and is the mother of a 1 year old. she is 22 yrs old.

ladies...everyone...BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS...i have been drilling that into my kids heads since they were very little! i tell you, i am overwhelmed with grief for my friends....one of my very best friends lost her husband totally unexpectedly a few weeks ago and now these 2 young girls...life is so precious.

Oh Rainbow! A big hug for you! I'm so sorry to hear of these tragedies.i can't imagine what they/ you are going through. My Prayers are with you all. I pray that the second girl is found alive. Life is so fragile and precious.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #155  

Quote:

my heart has been so heavy the last few days. 2 of the moms in our mothers group, their daughters went missing late sunday night. yesterday their car was found burned in one of our area forests. today, one body was recovered, having been shot to death. i can't even imagine how jennifer is coping to have spoken to her daughter on the phone just moments before she went missing. her daughter told her she was on the way home, stopping by mcdonalds and wanted to know if she wanted her to bring her anything. she never made it home.

Susan, that is so sad, I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending lots of hugs your way. We try to keep them safe; if only we could keep them close to us forever.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
THANK YOU!

Quote:
Thanks for the coconut cooking ideas. I may just try having it straight to know I'm getting some in each day. I love the taste/smell so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm ordering my dehydrator this week from Amazon too. It will be the Nesco brand, just can't decide on the square or round version. I know the square gives you more shelf space, but there was something about only having round sheets. Will have to go back and check it out.
Dana, They sell the square screens so fruits/veggies don't stick. It has the odd name of "Clean A Screen" but I'm holding it in my hand, so it is the right item. Check Amazon and see the frequently purchased add-ons for the Nesco 80. I also bought the 2 extra trays.

Quote:

my heart has been so heavy the last few days. 2 of the moms in our mothers group, their daughters went missing late sunday night. yesterday their car was found burned in one of our area forests.

Susan,
Prayers are coming your way right now, for you and your friends and your community at large. This is horrific. I am so sorry to hear this.

All,
I didn't get to do any dehydrating today - I had a hair appt this afternoon which I had overlooked earlier. Hope to get to hydrating and rhubarb ice cream tomorrow morning and will report back.

Tomorrow afternoon my husband and I are going to spend 6 hours (2pm-8pm with dinner after) in a restaurant kitchen "shadowing the chef". This was a Christmas present from my husband as I like to cook. I put off going to this as long as I could, didn't want to disrupt my IP momentum, but the time has come I have to do it. It will be fun and fascinating. I will do my best to stay on program, but it is a once in a lifetime event given the cost of it - he bought it at a fund raiser auction.

Last edited by Chloe222; 08-29-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #157  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Well "look" at you! Thanks for sharing your pic. Congrats on the good loss this week. Stay safe with Isaac in your area. Glad we went to New Orleans three weeks ago, instead of this week.
Thought it was about time I posted a picture...

Quote:
I Just keeping him happy with Tylenol, chicken soup and crackers right now. He is going away for the long weekend, so I'm hoping he will be all better by Friday when he is suppose to leave.
..Still trying to fight those last 5 pounds I gained and they are trying to hold on for dear life. Hopefully they will be gone within the next two weeks.
Take care of that boy. Yes, chicken soup does the trick. Dana, those 5 pounds will be gone before you know it!

Quote:
my heart has been so heavy the last few days... !
Oh, Susan, my heart goes out to the families of these girls. What a horrible thing. Yes, life is fragile and precious. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the families.

Last edited by joysh; 08-29-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

So very sad and yes scary Rainbow. Prayers with you and their families.

I started using coconut oil a couple of years ago. Not OP but I've fried chicken in it and it comes out delish!

Had WI 11 tonight. Down 2.5 and was I relived and happy. I'm close to half way! Yay. Today is also my 9th anniversary to sweetly pie DH. I had a dozen beautiful red roses waiting for me when I got home! We are indulging
In a nice steak with OP appropriate veggies for dinner!

Stay safe in Isaac -- praying for you all!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #159  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I had a hysterectomy almost three years ago; best thing ever! ...
Ugh... maybe I made the wrong choice! A year or two ago I got to the point with my ob/gyn where he said hysterectomy was the only option. I pushed him to look for other options (because of fibroids, iud and ablation were not options for me). He finally found this med, Lysteda, that makes the really heavy flow (sorry if that's TMI) at least bearable. It helps, but it's still so frustrating that things are so unpredictable!

I just really didn't want to remove that part of my body for something that should not be a problem for much longer...

Everyone in the south, please be safe!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #160  
Feed Your Freedom

thank you ladies for all your prayers. i have to say, making a commitment to stay 100% sure is a blessing when one is faced with stress and grief. Its just one less thing to have to think about.

they have now found a second body that they say they are fairly sure is the other girl, but it has yet to be announced and confirmed.

we all get caught up in daily struggles that sometimes we forget how precious life really is. i know i am guilty. since my best friends husband passed away, i have certainly held my husband tighter and spoken my love for him over and over. i am glad he is understanding and lets me be clingy at a time like this. i have called all my grown children to tell them i love them. a tragedy of life lost...i am ashamed that i have often taken life for granted and even have petty grievances as complaining about eating IP foods, when there are many many others dealing with truly life crisis situations.

i am so thankful for a forum where i can come and just feel comfortable "writing in my online diary" to help ease the sorrow...and know that someone, somewhere is listening and i don't feel so invisible.

i heart all of you...and even if i never get to meet any of you, i am so thankful to call you my friends!!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #161  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Ugh... maybe I made the wrong choice! A year or two ago I got to the point with my ob/gyn where he said hysterectomy was the only option. I pushed him to look for other options (because of fibroids, iud and ablation were not options for me). He finally found this med, Lysteda, that makes the really heavy flow (sorry if that's TMI) at least bearable. It helps, but it's still so frustrating that things are so unpredictable!

I just really didn't want to remove that part of my body for something that should not be a problem for much longer...

Everyone in the south, please be safe!
lizzy.....i have been torn with the choice of a hysterectomy as well and have held out against having one unless absolutely necessary. still, i am envious of a few friends who have had theirs and no longer have to deal with monthly cycles from ****-o!! its truly frustrating and completely draining....in more ways that on! haha oooh how long!!!!! i'm so ready for that part of my life to be done with!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #162  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Rainbow - That is awful and so sad. I can't imagine what kind of person would do that to two young girls. I will keep you and the families of the girls in my thoughts.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #163  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
You and the families are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Molly
Old 08-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Rainbow; I am so sorry to hear about the tragedy in your community. It is beyond comprehension as to how a family can come to terms in dealing with such a horrific situation.
Pat
Old 08-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #165  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Ugh... maybe I made the wrong choice! A year or two ago I got to the point with my ob/gyn where he said hysterectomy was the only option.... I just really didn't want to remove that part of my body for something that should not be a problem for much longer!
I made the same decision a few years ago because the pain was way over near my hip bone (or at least where we knew the hip bone was located, lol!) After losing weight with IP, the pain in my hip area is nonexistent, the heavy flow is no longer an issue, and I just read recently that skin elasticity is better prior to menopause due to hormone production. I think it was a good decision for me. My problem now is loose skin. I'm contemplating the body and face lift surgery in a year or so to help that area.
Closed Thread