Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #526  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I'm back from seeing the cutie-pie grandbaby of mine. She really liked Grandma snuggles! I had no problem staying on plan, thanks to some good advice. I took them to a restaurant where I could get the right foods, and the family was supportive as well the rest of the time. They actually didn't have any sweets (my downfall) in the house at all. Absolutely no coercion. Lovely weekend!
Way to go, Fishette! And aren't grandbabies just so much fun??? Our youngest is 1 this week - just starting to walk!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #527  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Oh well, when I said earlier I was feeling a "tiny bit lighter," I was right. I am down 1.5 pounds this week. I am going to focus on the inches this week - makes me feel better. So, since my start 8 weeks ago, I have lost a total of 23 inches, including 5.75 in my waist and 5.75 in my hips!
Lizzy- That is wonderful progress. No one sees a number on a scale except you - but everyone can see the inches disappear. I would take inches over pounds any day! You are a winner!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #528  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]

gf...i LIVE IN CHARLESTON!!!....and OMG...poogans porch...YOU HAVE A DATE SISTA!!! see that Dana....come on and we can make it a threesome!! i am so up for it!!
Okay, I KNOW Poogan's Porch! And I am from Montana! I love, love, LOVE Charleston, and my DH and I vacationed there for about a week a few years back. We stayed at a cute little place right next door to Poogan's, and we ate there almost every day...loved it.

I have story about Poogan's, which is named after a dog, Poogan, right? Tom and I went on a ghost tour one evening, and we walked past Poogans, where he guide explained that Poogan, the dog, haunted the place. Cute story, right?

Well we walked back home from the tour, and right past Poogan's...heard a dog bark...no dog there.

We got a visit from Poogan himself!!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #529  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindy57 View Post
1st weigh in tomorrow morning. Still feeling great.......although for the past two days, I'm puffy, rings are tight, like I'm retaining water....can't figure out why, I'm drinking 80-90 ozs of water. I really want to flush this before my weigh in. Any ideas?
It may or may not flush out before your WI, but just take it in stride. If not this week, next...You are in this for the long term, right?
Old 09-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #530  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Okay, I KNOW Poogan's Porch! And I am from Montana! I love, love, LOVE Charleston, and my DH and I vacationed there for about a week a few years back. We stayed at a cute little place right next door to Poogan's, and we ate there almost every day...loved it.

I have story about Poogan's, which is named after a dog, Poogan, right? Tom and I went on a ghost tour one evening, and we walked past Poogans, where he guide explained that Poogan, the dog, haunted the place. Cute story, right?

Well we walked back home from the tour, and right past Poogan's...heard a dog bark...no dog there.

We got a visit from Poogan himself!!
omg....did you stay at the elliot house inn??? that is my favorite favorite place to stay downtown!!! dh and i love to splurge and just go spend the night downtown sometimes and soak in the hot tub!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #531  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
omg....did you stay at the elliot house inn??? that is my favorite favorite place to stay downtown!!! dh and i love to splurge and just go spend the night downtown sometimes and soak in the hot tub!!!
Pink? I think it was the Elliot House Inn. Right next to a super nice restaurant.

Across the street from a really big an famous old hotel.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #532  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Pink? I think it was the Elliot House Inn. Right next to a super nice restaurant.

Across the street from a really big an famous old hotel.
YES!! right next door to 82 Queen!!!! did it have a courtyard with an inground jacuzzi, wine and cheese at 5 and 4 poster beds with canopies!!!

http://www.elliotthouseinn.com/index.php

thats my very favorite place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 09-10-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #533  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauthier View Post
Thanks everyone!!!!
You don't know how good your comments make me feel!
Thank you thank you thank you!
I'm on phase 1 through September then I'm going to do Phase 2 for one week and then Phase 3 for two weeks (I can't WAIT to have TOAST for breakfast!!!!) and then maintenance for a conference in Monterey California!!!!
I'm so excited!!!!
Thanks again and stick with it everyone! It works!!!!!
Wow! You look awesome! We are the same height and you are exactly where I want to be some day and you are INSPIRING and really have given my motivation a boost! Congratulations!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #534  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Dana - No drinks except the juices? Didn't realize this. Hope I have enough other product on hand without counting the shakes...will check tonight. Might have to place another order online soon.
I really wouldn't worry too much if you have the other drinks. It's really more of stay away from the restricted items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Rainbow - Your beach day sounds lovely! So happy for your NSV with the towel, too.

Are you near Charleston??? Someday, when we're both in maintenance, I'm coming down for a cheat day - shrimp and grits at Poogan's Porch - mmmmmmmmmmm! Are you up for it?
I LOVE Poogan's porch! They make the best biscuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauthier View Post
Hi everyone,
I've just added my before and after to my signature...hope it works right and isn't too big.
I started in May and am down about 34 pounds. Looking at my before and after I don't think I look that different but boy do I feel better.
I was working on my Master's degree over the last two years and put on almost 40 pounds!!!! I ate and drank way too much.
It was so depressing!
Now I can wear size 8 pants again and some are even loose.
Ideal Protein ( and alternatives....which I use a lot of) is GREAT!!!!
I have always been a Weight Watchers person and am a lifetime member but when I went back to try to lose it in January there just wasn't enough structure for me or something.....it was time to try something new.
Did I say I LOVE IP????
You look fabulous, and I can definitely tell a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I think my body seriously doesn't want to allow me to get out of the 170s. I did lose a lb last Wednesday, but once again it's been up/down with the same lb or so ever since... hard to know what Wedn WI will bring on the scale. Is there a guideline as to how long a person's weight has been stalled in follow the boot camp protocol? I think I read somewhere that it's a minimum 2 weeks with no weight loss?
When I did Atkins they said a plateau was after 4 weeks of no inches or weight lost. I'm not sure what IP says. If it were me I would do boot camp after three weeks of no loss, but that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by follyb girl View Post
I love the Charleston area. We own a beach place in Folly Beach! I will be heading down soon to see how it survived the summer rental season.

My fav at Poogan's porch is their fried green tomato BLT!
!
I ordered that for lunch that last time I was there. So good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I'm back from seeing the cutie-pie grandbaby of mine. She really liked Grandma snuggles! I had no problem staying on plan, thanks to some good advice. I took them to a restaurant where I could get the right foods, and the family was supportive as well the rest of the time. They actually didn't have any sweets (my downfall) in the house at all. Absolutely no coercion. Lovely weekend!
Happy to hear it was fun and no temptations laying around.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #535  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by follyb girl View Post
I love the Charleston area. We own a beach place in Folly Beach! I will be heading down soon to see how it survived the summer rental season.

My fav at Poogan's porch is their fried green tomato BLT!
i was wondering if your name was follyb = folly beach!!
i love folly beach!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #536  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This thread has now exceeded the 500 post limit and is closed. Please start a new thread.
Closed Thread