Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #121  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Can you use a food processor to slice the zucchini, rather than a mandolin?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
I asked that a few days ago, and may have missed a response. I guess it depends how thin our processors can get them compared to the mandolin.
Is it supposed to be paper thin? 1/8 inch? 1/4 inch?
If someone could post a photo of their chips that would be terrific!

I had my WI today, down 2.2, yay! Feeling so much better. Meeting new people is so much easier, I feel more confident, and not ashamed of my first impression....That is such a good feeling!

Have a great IP day everyone...still looking for a dehydrator, there was one on craigslist but they did not respond, maybe they already sold it...
Keep on looking
Old 08-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #123  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
i don't see why not...i don't have a food processor, but they just need to be sliced evenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
I asked that a few days ago, and may have missed a response. I guess it depends how thin our processors can get them compared to the mandolin.

i slice mine pretty thin....because i like the CRUNCH and they dry a little faster. i dry mine in the oven as i do not have a dehydrator.

you can slice them thicker too, no problem, and if you want to rehydrate them later, slicing a little thicker would probably be better

i bake mine and eat them that day or within a few days, stored in a airtight container. but you can store prepare them for long term storage as well.

there are TONS of videos on you tube showing the process....just hav a look there if you need more help

hope that helps a little.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
I've been either 185, 183 or 184 FOR 10 DAYS! I'm a 100%er so this plateau is no longer wanted nor appreciated. Could changing my eating pattern during the day to grazing on raw veggies and gabbing my soup later in the day be the culprit? I am absolutely following the protocol. My husband, who has lost 21 pounds to my 15ish is stuck too. Is it a reaction to the diet at the 4 to 5 week stage? I'm not giving up but I'm sure not a happy camper either. Just ask my guy!
Yes, this happened to me at 4-5 weeks. my coach told me to change up what I was eating. I was eating the same thing every day. so I added some different IP items, like Chicken a la King, and different veggies. Added a bar 4 x a week, and stayed with it. It worked VERY well.

Same thing is happening now. I am almost to goal...but gained a pound. So she is having me do the same thing.

Also, look for some NSV. INCHES? Clothes fitting better? Have you had your BMI checked? Maybe the muscle is increasing, and fat decreasing?

Whatever you do, keep going strong. I am living proof it eventually comes off, my friend. Hang in there with us!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain;

[COLOR="Magenta"
Hooray![/COLOR] Congratulations!
Halfagain! You look FANTASTIC! Your smile says it all, GF! :hug:

Last edited by Delgen; 08-28-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #126  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
lizzy....i am so with you on this one....i have not had a hysterectomy and keep wondering HOW MUCH LONGER!!! it seemed like it was getting less until IP, not its back with a vengeance and truly interrupting my daily life!! ugggg
I had a hysterectomy almost three years ago; best thing ever!

Quote:

I had my WI today, down 2.2, yay! Feeling so much better. Meeting new people is so much easier, I feel more confident, and not ashamed of my first impression....That is such a good feeling!

Have a great IP day everyone...still looking for a dehydrator, there was one on craigslist but they did not respond, maybe they already sold it...
Keep on looking
Congrats on your loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Yes, this happened to me at 4-5 weeks. my coach told me to change up what I was eating. I was eating the same thing every day. so I added some different IP items, like Chicken a la King, and different veggies. Added a bar 4 x a week, and stayed with it. It worked VERY well.

Same thing is happening now. I am almost to goal...but gained a pound. So she is having me do the same thing.

Also, look for some NSV. INCHES? Clothes fitting better? Have you had your BMI checked? Maybe the muscle is increasing, and fat decreasing?

Whatever you do, keep going strong. I am living proof it eventually comes off, my friend. Hang in there with us!
I think the changing what you eat day to day is a great idea. I tend to be a real creature of habit and I really do think your bodies do get too use to that. I'm taking your coach's advice starting today and see if that helps speed things up. I just really need to get back to 170 so I can finally get out of the 170's. This morning no bar, but some hot cereal instead. Thanks for info.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday. Just the normal things going on around here today. Homeschooling with my son, dropping my husband off at the airport (he travels a lot for his job), and hopefully getting some gym time in too. I hope everyone has a great day, and will check in later with all of my 50+ peeps.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #127  

Height: 5'2"

Good news for my weigh-in last night. lost anther 3 lbs. That is 11.6 in the 4weeks on the program. That is over 1/3 of the way to my goal weight! I started running again last week, just added in 3 days of running with the added protein to compensate and it has been working great. I am building up the milage ( up to 3.6 miles) all over again but hopefully it will go pretty fast. I don't have any races scheduled until I am finished with the weight loss portion of the plan. I can just imagine how fast I will fly over the trails with 30 less lbs. to drag along : )
I tried the kale chips everyone has been talking about the other night, OMG those are good!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpaddler View Post
Good news for my weigh-in last night. lost anther 3 lbs. That is 11.6 in the 4weeks on the program. That is over 1/3 of the way to my goal weight! I started running again last week, just added in 3 days of running with the added protein to compensate and it has been working great. I am building up the milage ( up to 3.6 miles) all over again but hopefully it will go pretty fast. I don't have any races scheduled until I am finished with the weight loss portion of the plan. I can just imagine how fast I will fly over the trails with 30 less lbs. to drag along : )
I tried the kale chips everyone has been talking about the other night, OMG those are good!
and happy running!!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #129  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

On our way home from the serenity of our northern Michigan cottage. I have spent the last day and a half on the road catching up from when I did not have the internet speed and the time to stay up with the posts on the forum (around the 20th). I did not want to miss anything in recipes or news, etc. I have really missed all of you and all the great information, losses, and NSVs.

I have not been on the scale for a couple weeks. We'll see this weekend when I weigh in.

Someone asked about the difference between the Actifry and a dehydrator. Like the name says, Actifry fries, but with only a tablespoon or less of oil. It's most famous for making potatoes into french fries with one tablespoon of oil (DH says they are the real thing, the greatest). I have made kale chips and my fav of mushrooms and peppers sauteed. The dehydrator removes moisture. It does not require any oil, so the taste is diffirent.

For those talking/asking about the Excalibur dehydrator, I've had mine for around 30 years. Infact, I believe I bought it from a Garden's Alive magazine waaay before internet. They may be considered the Cadillac of dehydrators. Mine's been stored for a while now. Hope to stay home long enough now to get it cleaned up and dehydrating some of these scrumptious things I'm reading about.

Been watching about Issac on the internet. My thoughts and prayers are with those in its path. I'm sure we in west central Georgia will get some rain from it.

Molly
Old 08-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #130  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi all,

On our way home from the serenity of our northern Michigan cottage. I have spent the last day and a half on the road catching up from when I did not have the internet speed and the time to stay up with the posts on the forum (around the 20th). I did not want to miss anything in recipes or news, etc. I have really missed all of you and all the great information, losses, and NSVs.

I have not been on the scale for a couple weeks. We'll see this weekend when I weigh in.

Someone asked about the difference between the Actifry and a dehydrator. Like the name says, Actifry fries, but with only a tablespoon or less of oil. It's most famous for making potatoes into french fries with one tablespoon of oil (DH says they are the real thing, the greatest). I have made kale chips and my fav of mushrooms and peppers sauteed. The dehydrator removes moisture. It does not require any oil, so the taste is diffirent.

For those talking/asking about the Excalibur dehydrator, I've had mine for around 30 years. Infact, I believe I bought it from a Garden's Alive magazine waaay before internet. They may be considered the Cadillac of dehydrators. Mine's been stored for a while now. Hope to stay home long enough now to get it cleaned up and dehydrating some of these scrumptious things I'm reading about.

Been watching about Issac on the internet. My thoughts and prayers are with those in its path. I'm sure we in west central Georgia will get some rain from it.

Molly
so gooooood to hear from you molly dear!!! please be safe on your travels home!!

i am looking at the excaliber...but hear that its pretty noisy....and i do love my peaceful days and the oven is so quiet!! haha squash chips in there now crisping away!! smelling so good!!

the outer bands of issac have hit here this morning bringing tons of rain and wind....the power keeps flickering...and downtown area is flooded 3 feet high in some places and 4 feet high in others. so far we are good....the back lagoon is up about 2 feet but still not over the drainage pipe, only halfway up it so that is good. no doubt you might be driving in rain later so please drive carefully, be aware and stay safe! sending prayers your way.

here is a photo of some guys kayaking in all the flood waters!!

crazy huh!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

WOW, RAINBOW, THAT IS CRAZY. BE SAFE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING YOUR PHOTOS OF THE SQUASH CHIPS...OH MY THEY LOOK GOOD! i HAVE TO MAKE SOME. I DONT KNOW IF MY PROCESSOR WOULD MAKE THEM THAT THIN, I WILL HAVE TO CHECK.
WORSE CASE IS i COULD TRY AND THEN STIR FRY THEM IF I THINK THEY ARE TOO THICK.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY, AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHECK IN MORE FREQUENTLY TODAY...YAY!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #132  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
WOW, RAINBOW, THAT IS CRAZY. BE SAFE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING YOUR PHOTOS OF THE SQUASH CHIPS...OH MY THEY LOOK GOOD! i HAVE TO MAKE SOME. I DONT KNOW IF MY PROCESSOR WOULD MAKE THEM THAT THIN, I WILL HAVE TO CHECK.
WORSE CASE IS i COULD TRY AND THEN STIR FRY THEM IF I THINK THEY ARE TOO THICK.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY, AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHECK IN MORE FREQUENTLY TODAY...YAY!
thicker ones will work, they just take longer to dry out.
yum,....they are finally done and i am enjoying them now!! it took 20 extra mins in the oven no doubt because of all the moisture in the air with all this rain!!

not to fret...just reset the timer every 20 mins and continue to bake until desired crispness!!

nothing like a good ole salty crispy crunchy chip!!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi all,

Molly
Safe driving Molly

Quote:
so gooooood to hear from you molly dear!!! please be safe on your travels home!!

i am looking at the excaliber...but hear that its pretty noisy....and i do love my peaceful days and the oven is so quiet!! haha squash chips in there now crisping away!! smelling so good!!

the outer bands of issac have hit here this morning bringing tons of rain and wind....the power keeps flickering...and downtown area is flooded 3 feet high in some places and 4 feet high in others. so far we are good....the back lagoon is up about 2 feet but still not over the drainage pipe, only halfway up it so that is good. no doubt you might be driving in rain later so please drive carefully, be aware and stay safe! sending prayers your way.

crazy huh!!!
King Street? I miss Charleston, but happy my daughter isn't going to school there now when I read about hurricanes. Off to make some chips.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #134  

Quote:

crazy huh!!!
Thanks for the update. Does not look nearly as bad as Katrina.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Off to make some chips.
Well that was a total bust! I sliced them too thin I guess and for the most part they burned, except for the ones I thought were too thick. Lesson learned, and I'll try again tomorrow. I will say though the few that did make it where really delicious.
Closed Thread