Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Any suggestions on weight training? Like what types to do and what's best?
Also i'm a bit affraid to start strength training in fear that the scale will go backwards, since muscle is heavier than fat...
I think if I were you, I'd wait a little while. I'd start with 30 minutes of walking and move up from there. Read the exercise thread under IP on these boards. It will be really helpful.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #77  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I would like to thank EVERYONE who had my driver Hassan and his family in your prayers. He will be release from the hospital tomorrow and is cleared to come back to work on Wednesday...Thank again!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #78  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

I am hoping I get to change my ticker tomorrow! I missed doing it last week. Have been !00%OP and feeling skinney...come on whoosh fairy.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #79  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Just some motivational things I found
Attached Images
File Type: jpg worth it.jpg (40.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg did it.jpg (25.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Success.jpg (12.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #80  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I think if I were you, I'd wait a little while. I'd start with 30 minutes of walking and move up from there. Read the exercise thread under IP on these boards. It will be really helpful.
Yeah I think I will start there too. My treadmill has been giving me a dirty look, so i think I will start there.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I would like to thank EVERYONE who had my driver Hassan and his family in your prayers. He will be release from the hospital tomorrow and is cleared to come back to work on Wednesday...Thank again!!!

Good news!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I just made the most delicious dinner and was so happy I thought I'd post it...

Have been trying to get more fish in, as it seems lighter than meat all the time, so I had tillapia with 1 cup of fennel/cucumber/mint salad as per the IP cookbook. The tillapia is inexpensive and I get a bag of frozen fillets to defrost and then quickly poach in the same pan, after I do my stir-fry vegees. Took 1 cup of green peppers/serano chiles/zuchini and stir-fried with 5 spice. The vegees I put on a bed of lettuce with an orange dressing made of the WF orange spread, a dash of tamari and a dash of apple cider vinegar. The fish I put on it's own plate with the fennel salad (it used the orange spread too).

If I can eat like this the rest of my life, this is gonna be great! and it's Phase 1 compliant!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Oh yay. That is awesome. Gives me goosebumps.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #84  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Good evening.... at least for those not on the west coast.

I have a challenge. Some of you complain about drinking the water. I really like water and only once in a blue moon do I flavor it. But, now I have to take a test that requires me to drink absolutely no more than three 8oz glasses in 24 hours. All my life, I've always drank lots of water. I am going to think I'm dying of thirst. I guess I will have to ration it out. This will be one of the hardest things I've done.

So now, when I do this Saturday, everyone drink an extra glass of water for me and maybe it will psychologically make me less thirsty.

I've planned this for the day after my WI so I'll have a week to get my body back from retaining water and flush out what doesn't get flushed on Saturday.

Anyone have any additional thoughts on how to make this easier?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #85  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good evening.... at least for those not on the west coast.

I have a challenge. Some of you complain about drinking the water. I really like water and only once in a blue moon do I flavor it. But, now I have to take a test that requires me to drink absolutely no more than three 8oz glasses in 24 hours. All my life, I've always drank lots of water. I am going to think I'm dying of thirst. I guess I will have to ration it out. This will be one of the hardest things I've done.

So now, when I do this Saturday, everyone drink an extra glass of water for me and maybe it will psychologically make me less thirsty.

I've planned this for the day after my WI so I'll have a week to get my body back from retaining water and flush out what doesn't get flushed on Saturday.

Anyone have any additional thoughts on how to make this easier?

Thanks
Wow thats gonna be tough. I take it that you can only have 3 glasses of any liquid not just water????? so no tea, coffee etc. use small cups throughout the day like maybe 4 oz each. that way you will drink more of them.. I will however have 2 extra cups for you to drink psychologically
Old 03-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #86  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Wow thats gonna be tough. I take it that you can only have 3 glasses of any liquid not just water????? so no tea, coffee etc. use small cups throughout the day like maybe 4 oz each. that way you will drink more of them.. I will however have 2 extra cups for you to drink psychologically
Thanks, Carol.

Yes, it's fluids, period. I don't drink much of anything but water, so I said water. Even my three IP packs will need to be ones that don't use much water. I want to save my water for drinking. No drinks, puddings, maybe potatoes for dinner, a bar for lunch and lemon pudding pancakes. That will only be about 5 of my 24 oz. I guess I could rinse my mouth with cold water a lot. I just can't ingest it. I know you all will keep me in your thoughts Saturday, so I'll survive.

You're all the greatest.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

I just want to say that everyone on here is so positive and helpful and wanted to say thank you. I was feeling a little crappy this morning, but got thru my day. I even screwed up, and left to go across the border to shop and left my lunch bag that I packed to take at my front door.......I did panic at first, but just got a veggie skillet from Denny's for lunch, asked for no potatoe but extra broccolli and got by on that til I got home to have my protein pack.....wew that was close. Then come home have supper, and sat down to check in and read some awesome posts. So glad I found this forum to get some helpful hints and positive encouragement. I was talking to the girl that I found out about this diet from and she has lost 51 lbs in 9 weeks....crazy. I am a bit confused tho, she was told by our coach if the scale is not moving like you would like eat fish all week, she lost 7 lbs on the 9th week. She was told for meat to eat portions like the size of a deck of cards, but when I weigh my meat and eat anywhere between 5-8 oz, it is bigger then a deck of cards. If anyone has any comments I would love to hear them. Have a great evening everyone and look forward to checking in tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
I just want to say that everyone on here is so positive and helpful and wanted to say thank you. I was feeling a little crappy this morning, but got thru my day. I even screwed up, and left to go across the border to shop and left my lunch bag that I packed to take at my front door.......I did panic at first, but just got a veggie skillet from Denny's for lunch, asked for no potatoe but extra broccolli and got by on that til I got home to have my protein pack.....wew that was close. Then come home have supper, and sat down to check in and read some awesome posts. So glad I found this forum to get some helpful hints and positive encouragement. I was talking to the girl that I found out about this diet from and she has lost 51 lbs in 9 weeks....crazy. I am a bit confused tho, she was told by our coach if the scale is not moving like you would like eat fish all week, she lost 7 lbs on the 9th week. She was told for meat to eat portions like the size of a deck of cards, but when I weigh my meat and eat anywhere between 5-8 oz, it is bigger then a deck of cards. If anyone has any comments I would love to hear them. Have a great evening everyone and look forward to checking in tomorrow.
Great job not letting the forgetting of the lunch bag mess you up. Way to go. Hope the shopping was good. Just a thought for the future...... I keep a bar in my purse for just such times. That way I do have a protein source if needed. But you did great. A real victory..
Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #89  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
I'm glad you've learned how great this forum is. It will keep you going. You did great in a panic situation. I think sometimes, this diet clears your thinking.

As for the deck of cards size meat, that sounds like Weight Watchers description of the 3oz portions they talk about. You need to weigh. Different meats weigh differently. Be sure to weigh it uncooked.

I also deal with a coach that thinks weigh loss variations is all in what you eat. I don't agree. I believe what Lisa (Wuv) has said in the past about your body adjusting.

Keep with all of us on the forum. Lots of knowledge and experience.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #90  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

WI #12 today. Another 4lbs are gone forever! Hoping to reach onederland by the end of April now
Closed Thread