Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 306.2/296.8/190

Height: 5'6"

I was very discouraged the last 2 weeks with a total of only 4 lbs in 2 weeks. Prior to this I was averaging 5.83/week! Then I looked back and saw that week 1 of these 2, I was very busy and didnt get my veggies in and week 2, I was sick and didnt eat veggies for almost 5 days......this week already down 4.5 lbs and getting my veggies in!! WOW those veggies are important!!!!
Also chalking it up to my body adjusting to the rapid weight loss. I feel great and the clothes I wear look like a baggy mess
I am a fibromyalgia and IC sufferer and have been off all meds (6 of them) since day 1 and I have never felt better.
I do work out 4-5 days a week, I walk and lift light weights for 30 minutes and this is my "inch buster", I dont loose many inches unless I walk~
The hardest thing is my husband, he thinks I dont need to loose anymore weight and that I look great now~Thanks Honey but I am not unhealthy and in fact am healthier than ever
I am thankful in rough times of this weightloss journey that I can read the posts on here and keep trudging forward!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone!

I had a dreadful day yesterday with work being extremely stressful. When I got home, I did things a little different. I right away made the chocolate pancake muffins, ate them, and then made my dinner protein and veg. Later on in the evening I took out all my frustrations at the gym and ended up working out on almost all the machines. I dont think I overdid it this time, just kept focused and now I feel great. I never thought i'd be the "take out your frustrations at the gym" person but it really works! I slept like a log and woke up refreshed and in a great mood.

I hope everyone has a great OP day today!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Good morn All!
I had my WI yesterday and I lost another 2lbs. And my coach told me I am averaging 3.5lbs a week so I am happy about that. I did try the BBQ chip things..omg.. LOVE! I haven't had anything but the bars, which I love too so excited to try new things... on to week 4! Starting to notice a difference in how I look in my clothes, no one else can but I can. My fiance noticed when he wraps his arms around me that they are over lapping more and more and of course the dreaded skin sag and squishness but I'm ok with that... just lop it off later! lol

Congrats on the weight loss!! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #19  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Angie,
My thought is to use the guilt and disappointment to become even more determined to stay totally on the program.

The damage is done, although Dr. Tran Chanh (IP Diet founder) says in his book if you have a slip up, be sure the next day you absolutely adhere to the program. Perhaps reading the book or a few sections of it might be helpful. The free download is available at the last link of the IP Daily thread intro message.
thank you! i will have to definitely look it up. I am totally on board today. my coworker brought in some amazing italian subs and i am determined to stay away!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #20  
IP start 3/18/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Angie773, it is a new day you can do it. I cannot tell you how much better I feel when I am on this diet. All the processed foods are out of my system and I have energy, my skin looks good and I feel good.
thank you! i cut out smoking, red meat, and pop a month before i started IP and started feeling better then. i'm hoping my energy comes back to me soon. I rode my bike to the train today and was so tired. i know we're not supposed to work out but i had to get to work.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #21  
IP start 3/18/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Morning everyone!

I had a dreadful day yesterday with work being extremely stressful. When I got home, I did things a little different. I right away made the chocolate pancake muffins, ate them, and then made my dinner protein and veg. Later on in the evening I took out all my frustrations at the gym and ended up working out on almost all the machines. I dont think I overdid it this time, just kept focused and now I feel great. I never thought i'd be the "take out your frustrations at the gym" person but it really works! I slept like a log and woke up refreshed and in a great mood.

I hope everyone has a great OP day today!
is it ok to work out further into the program?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning, all!

Thanks so much for posting the link to the book. A great refresher of why staying OP is so important and it was also great to get an idea of what life will look like at the end of the IP tunnel.

For those that are worried about loose skin or cellulite I've been told that the best way to work with that within the program is to have the raspberry jelly packages as they contain collagen every second day. People on maintenance can even have one a day to help address this problem, apparently. Would be great if there's a way you can do this while still OP!

Happy Thursday!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie773 View Post
is it ok to work out further into the program?
Yep. You may not have as much endurance in the first few weeks but once you start, you will have an extra packet after exercising. Read the Exercising thread, so much good info in there! The most important thing is to keep your heart rate below 70% so we burn fat instead of muscle or carbs. Check it out! I believe they talk about heart rates on page 5. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3416465-post71.html
Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

WI today down 3lbs this week for a total of 39lbs in 10 weeks. I feel great
Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012s new me View Post
I was very discouraged the last 2 weeks with a total of only 4 lbs in 2 weeks. Prior to this I was averaging 5.83/week! Then I looked back and saw that week 1 of these 2, I was very busy and didnt get my veggies in and week 2, I was sick and didnt eat veggies for almost 5 days......this week already down 4.5 lbs and getting my veggies in!! WOW those veggies are important!!!!
Also chalking it up to my body adjusting to the rapid weight loss. I feel great and the clothes I wear look like a baggy mess
I am a fibromyalgia and IC sufferer and have been off all meds (6 of them) since day 1 and I have never felt better.
I do work out 4-5 days a week, I walk and lift light weights for 30 minutes and this is my "inch buster", I dont loose many inches unless I walk~
The hardest thing is my husband, he thinks I dont need to loose anymore weight and that I look great now~Thanks Honey but I am not unhealthy and in fact am healthier than ever
I am thankful in rough times of this weightloss journey that I can read the posts on here and keep trudging forward!
I was the same way for a week. I was not feeling well and didn't get in all my veggies. Boy oh boy did I pay for that in loss. I am so glad that I am not the only one that has has this happen. Great Job on the weight loss thus far. Super inspiring to stay strict!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 197/181/140

Height: 5'2

Good Morning all,

It will be hot in NYC today as well 80 degrees, I did well on OP yesterday this my third day I did have one slip up at the hockey game I had a cracker jack kernel but only one my friend gave me one and I wasn`t thinking I had a headache but I had some sea salt in the eveing and my head felt so much better. Guess I `ll have to buy some sea salt at Duane reade for my desk

This morning after Physical Therapy I had a peanut butter bar yum yum !!

Congrats to all those who lost weight You Rock!

You guys can do it! -Candice
Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 162/156/120

Good morning everyone! This is my first post in here because it is my first week on Ideal Protein! I am actually on day four and am finally starting to not feel like I am starving all the time! I still don't have much energy but I think some of that is due to the fact that my 6 month old son has decided to suddenly start waking up in the middle of the night again I have my first weigh in tomorrow and I cannot wait! Unofficially at home it shows that I have lost a total of six pounds so far! My goal is to lose 42 pounds which if I do I will weigh 120 pounds. I am trying to lose baby weight plus several pounds My other goal is to completely quit taking my metformin. I am on metformin due to PCOS so I am hoping to be able to quit it completely. That is something I am hoping to find help with is stopping meds. I am afraid to stop cold turkey because I am not sure how my body adjusts but I am hoping to stop it eventually. I guess the only other thing is that I can't wait to start exercising! Before I had my son I exercised all the time but I stopped while I was pregnant and just haven't gotten back to the gym since then. I will be excited when I can start again! I guess that is it for this week! Have a great thursday everyone!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTcam View Post
Good morning everyone! This is my first post in here because it is my first week on Ideal Protein! I am actually on day four and am finally starting to not feel like I am starving all the time! I still don't have much energy but I think some of that is due to the fact that my 6 month old son has decided to suddenly start waking up in the middle of the night again I have my first weigh in tomorrow and I cannot wait! Unofficially at home it shows that I have lost a total of six pounds so far! My goal is to lose 42 pounds which if I do I will weigh 120 pounds. I am trying to lose baby weight plus several pounds My other goal is to completely quit taking my metformin. I am on metformin due to PCOS so I am hoping to be able to quit it completely. That is something I am hoping to find help with is stopping meds. I am afraid to stop cold turkey because I am not sure how my body adjusts but I am hoping to stop it eventually. I guess the only other thing is that I can't wait to start exercising! Before I had my son I exercised all the time but I stopped while I was pregnant and just haven't gotten back to the gym since then. I will be excited when I can start again! I guess that is it for this week! Have a great thursday everyone!
Welcome cam. You will find fabulous support here. Glad you are feeling so good on day four. This thing really works!!! Regarding the medications, please work with your doctor. He or she knows you and knows what to look for in going off of medications.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'2"

I was a little disappointed with my weigh in yesterday. I only lost .25 pounds. I talked to my coach about it and they were not requiring me to track my foods anymore since I was doing so well for such a long time. Well I decided that I am going to track track track.

We also talked about what I did over the week. I was out of town for most of it and was not on schedule so we think that had a lot to do with it. I was eating snacks super late, like 10 PM, usually I don't eat after 6 or 7 depending on what time we cook dinner. I also didn't get all of my veggies in for the week.

I was really bummed out last night but thanks to my WONDERFUL fiance I was able to get over it and move ahead. I ordered my tracker from Amazon.com this morning and I am going to use that baby ALL the time! I even decided that I am not going to use any WF this week. If I have salad I am going to make homemade dressing. Oh boy I hope this week is better.

With only 9 pounds left I feel like this could take forever!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default NSVs

Good morning all. My leggings today do not have an X in the size. Yippee.. Also put on a tshirt this morning that looked okay three weeks ago. Today it hangs on me. Great for the ego, but tough on the wallet. I think I need to go shopping again. Oh darn.

I have needed to phase out for surgery, and have just started my third week on phase three. In the three weeks since I started the phase off, I have lost 6 pounds. It is really quite shocking. There is no difference in rate of change since phase one. Any thoughts??
Closed Thread